HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Nazem Kadri reports to camp in 'Unacceptable' shape

Closed Thread

Old
09-29-2012, 01:40 PM
Proust

vCash: 500
You gotta think the Leafs will cut Kadri lose before the season starts. Everyone knew it was a terrible pick.

Old
09-29-2012, 01:41 PM
start winnin
NO MORE TANK BOYS

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
Has anybody pointed out that he probably is just doing the Phil Kessel diet?
Turned out well for Kessel, the Leafs dietitians are onto something, Eakins got no clue.

Old
09-29-2012, 01:50 PM
kamosko
Ginger Jesus

vCash: 50
If this was any prospect on any other team and this wouldn't even be news.

Old
09-29-2012, 01:56 PM
King Mapes
Global Moderator
HF's King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proust View Post
You gotta think the Leafs will cut Kadri lose before the season starts. Everyone knew it was a terrible pick.
Terrible pick? He was ranked 8th and went 7th.

If they cut him loose, I'd bet they regret it later.

Old
09-29-2012, 02:07 PM
frankthetank91

Ahh HF, where Kadri's bodyfat will be more discussed then the lockout.

Old
09-29-2012, 02:15 PM
frankthetank91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proust View Post
LOL. Let's look at that the 5 picks below Kadri, just so it's in the same range.

Kadri>Glennie
Kadri<Cowen
Kadri>MPS
Kadri>Ellis
Kadri>de Haan

The only player i'd take before in that range in Cowen and even then with our surplus of D i'd rather take the risk on a forward. If you go a bit later obviously there's Kreider, Kulikov and even Rundblad but hindsight is 20/20.

Kadri is the best possible choice at that point and it can't be argued.

Old
09-29-2012, 03:25 PM
Mctopchowda

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank91 View Post
LOL. Let's look at that the 5 picks below Kadri, just so it's in the same range.

Kadri>Glennie
Kadri<Cowen
Kadri>MPS
Kadri>Ellis
Kadri>de Haan

The only player i'd take before in that range in Cowen and even then with our surplus of D i'd rather take the risk on a forward. If you go a bit later obviously there's Kreider, Kulikov and even Rundblad but hindsight is 20/20.

This is the reason Kadri gets so much heat. People like you just have so much blind homerism it rubs everyone the wrong way.

MPS stuck in the NHL for an entire year and gathered 35 points. He is also much bigger then Kadri and can be a very effective checking line player. But as of right now, hes shown he has more skills then Kadri. Kadri cant even stick in the NHL. Plus MPS has a better attitude and work ethic then Kadri, which is also very important

I dont think any GM would trade a young puck moving defensemen for a fringe NHL prospect. As of right now both are in similar positions try to crack their respective NHL rosters. But Dmen are more valuable then a small forward with good playmaking skills. This goes for De haan.

The only players Kadri might be better in his draft class are Ashton, Josefson, Paradis, and even with par with Schroeder and Glennie.

Take off the homer glasses and view Kadri for who he really is

Last edited by danishh: 09-29-2012 at 06:35 PM.
Old
09-29-2012, 03:30 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:

Kadri>Glennie
Kadri<Cowen
Kadri>MPS
Kadri>Ellis
Kadri>de Haan

Homerism at its finest. I'd rather have any of Cowen, Ellis, or MPS than Kadri. de Haan, idk..Don't know much about him.

Old
09-29-2012, 03:47 PM
Heimerdinger

Kadri reminds more and more of Ribeiro in his MTL days.

Old
09-29-2012, 04:00 PM
frankthetank91

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
This is the reason Kadri gets so much heat. People like you just have so much blind homerism it rubs everyone the wrong way.

MPS stuck in the NHL for an entire year and gathered 35 points. He is also much bigger then Kadri and can be a very effective checking line player. But as of right now, hes shown he has more skills then Kadri. Kadri cant even stick in the NHL. Plus MPS has a better attitude and work ethic then Kadri, which is also very important

I dont think any GM would trade a young puck moving defensemen for a fringe NHL prospect. As of right now both are in similar positions try to crack their respective NHL rosters. But Dmen are more valuable then a small forward with good playmaking skills. This goes for De haan.

The only players Kadri might be better in his draft class are Ashton, Josefson, Paradis, and even with par with Schroeder and Glennie.

Take off the homer glasses and view Kadri for who he really is

I probaly fell for your troll post but if this is real

MPS is better because he played a full season? Different management equals different opportunities, do you think if Kadri played for the Oilers he wouldn't of had more opportunity by now? Plus with Yakupov and a healthy Hemsky, MPS is going to have a tough time sticking.

Kadri has a bad attitude/worth ethic? Please, you know this how? Did you coach him? Know him on a personal level? Or are you basing it off **** you read on a forum? Any rumours that Kadri has a bad attitude is all bull-**** fabricated by Leaf haters.

As of right now yes Kadri is better then de Haan who's played what 1 game? Maybe with Ellis I was a bit harsh, if anything it can go either way with them, my apologies on that one.

Other then that players in his draft class that are better then Kadri were drafted way out of range that it is not even fair to judge on. I mean i'd trade Kadri for O'Reilly who was drafted in the 2nd round but i'm sure every GM who had the chance would take him earlier.

Last edited by danishh: 09-29-2012 at 06:37 PM.
Old
09-29-2012, 04:06 PM
Mctopchowda

Nazem Kadri meet Rob Schremp:

Rob Schremp:

OHL 1: 69 pts
OHL 2: 90 pts
OHL 3: 145 pts

AHL 1: 69 games, 53 points
NHL 1: 1 Game 0 points

AHL 2: 78 games,76 points
NHL 2: 3 games 0 Pts
NHL 3: 4 games, 3 pts

Nazem Kadri:

OHL 1: 65 points
OHL 2: 78 points
OHL 3: 105 points

AHL 1: 44 games, 41 points
NHL 1: 1 game, 0 points

NHL 2: 29 games, 9 points
NHL 3: 21 games, 7 points

AHL 2: 48 games, 40 points

Old
09-29-2012, 04:12 PM
mikeo1

Quote:

Rob Schremp:

Nazem Kadri:

Now compare both to MPS, please and thanks.

Old
09-29-2012, 04:14 PM
Mctopchowda

Quote:
Oh really my post is uneducated? Where should we start..

MPS is better because he played a full season? Different management equals different opportunities, do you think if Kadri played for the Oilers he wouldn't of had more opportunity by now? Plus with Yakupov and a healthy Hemsky, MPS is going to have a tough time sticking.

Kadri has a bad attitude/worth ethic? Please, you know this how? Did you coach him? Know him on a personal level? Or are you basing it off **** you read on a forum? Any rumours that Kadri has a bad attitude is all bull-**** fabricated by Leaf haters.

As of right now yes Kadri is better then de Haan who's played what 1 game? Maybe with Ellis I was a bit harsh, if anything it can go either way with them, my apologies on that one.

Other then that players in his draft class that are better then Kadri were drafted way out of range that it is not even fair to judge on. I mean i'd trade Kadri for O'Reilly who was drafted in the 2nd round but i'm sure every GM who had the chance would take him earlier.
MPS is better because 1) He got more points 2) hes a bigger body who plays a good defensive style 3) he stuck in the nhl

Pick 2 of the 3

He has a bad attitude because he gets called out by management ( Eakins and Wilson both called him out) and cant come to training camp in good shape

source to Wilson : http://thehockeywriters.com/maplelea...r-nazem-kadri/

7th sentence down, this summarizes their history. I dont have time to find all quotes by wilson

Last edited by Mctopchowda: 09-29-2012 at 04:19 PM.
Old
09-29-2012, 04:15 PM
Mctopchowda

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeo1 View Post
Now compare both to MPS, please and thanks.
Playing styles of Kadri and Schremp are the same as well. MPS played in the SEL and also plays way better defensively

Last edited by Mctopchowda: 09-29-2012 at 04:21 PM.
Old
09-29-2012, 04:17 PM
mikeo1

Quote:
MPS is better because 1) He got more points 2) hes a bigger body who plays a good defensive style 3) he stuck in the nhl

Pick 2 of the 3

He has a bad attitude because he gets called out by management ( Eakins and Wilson both called him out) and cant come to training camp in good shape
MPS didnt stick in the NHL, the Oilers realized their blunder and sent him back down.

Kadri has averaged more points per game than MPS in both the NHL and the AHL.

No one ever said Kadri was in bad shape, Eakins only criticized his his body fat percentage.

Ron Wilson has criticized every player on the Leafs roster publicly. Its his coaching style.

Old
09-29-2012, 04:22 PM
Elever
Hth

Quote:

Rob Schremp:

Nazem Kadri:

In fairness, Robbie Schremp could still be a 40 point guy in the NHL. He just went to Europe because nowadays teams don't really bother with 3rd line 40 point producers and those guys earn way more in Europe.

I think at worst Kadri will be that 40 point guy. His play-making (at the NHL level) based on some of the thing he did last season are a mile ahead of Schremp.

However to the person who said Kadri > Ellis....I dunno about that. Ryan Ellis still has a ways to go in his game but his offensive abilities have only gotten better and he's still stands out as one of the best young offensive dmen in the game. I think he'll actually end up being better than Ryan Murphy as well. It's just that he went to Nashville, they don't exactly develop dmen at a fast pace.

Old
09-29-2012, 04:28 PM
Mctopchowda

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeo1 View Post
MPS didnt stick in the NHL, the Oilers realized their blunder and sent him back down.

Kadri has averaged more points per game than MPS in both the NHL and the AHL.

No one ever said Kadri was in bad shape, Eakins only criticized his his body fat percentage.

Ron Wilson has criticized every player on the Leafs roster publicly. Its his coaching style.
He should get more points, hes a run and gun offensive playmaker. MPS can be effecvtive in all areas of the ice.

MPS has more points where it matters anyway. Have fun praising Kadri for scoring points in the AHL

Old
09-29-2012, 05:41 PM
King Mapes
Global Moderator
HF's King

Quote:
He should get more points, hes a run and gun offensive playmaker. MPS can be effecvtive in all areas of the ice.

MPS has more points where it matters anyway. Have fun praising Kadri for scoring points in the AHL
Lol what? MPS had 8 points in 41 games last year. That averages 16 points in a full season. Okay so he had 1 more point than Kadri... in 20 more games.

MPS has 42 points in 121 GP averaging 28 points in a full season. Kadri has 19 points in 50 games averaging 31 points in a full season. If anything, they have been similar in the NHL. They almost have the exact same icetime too.

Gotta love the "hes a run and gun, my guy is effective in all areas!". If he was effective in all areas, why did he get sent down?

Old
09-29-2012, 05:45 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

The Leagend of Magnus Svenson Paajarvi grows everyday.

Old
09-29-2012, 05:46 PM
King Mapes
Global Moderator
HF's King

Quote:

Pick 2 of the 3

source to Wilson : http://thehockeywriters.com/maplelea...r-nazem-kadri/

7th sentence down, this summarizes their history. I dont have time to find all quotes by wilson
Kessel got called out too. Trade him right?

Lupul was called out by his coach before too (coincidentally RC). Tons of guys do, it's how they bounce back.

Old
09-29-2012, 05:47 PM
King Mapes
Global Moderator
HF's King

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke meat pete View Post
The Leagend of Magnus Svenson Paajarvi grows everyday.
Really though. TBH, I wanted him on draft day but there is nothing to this point that suggests he will be better. 8 points in 41 games last year shows he isn't ready.

Old
09-29-2012, 05:50 PM
Mctopchowda

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
Really though. TBH, I wanted him on draft day but there is nothing to this point that suggests he will be better. 8 points in 41 games last year shows he isn't ready.
Or 35 in 82 games but lets forget about that right?

What has shown that Kadri is more ready, or ever will be?

The reality that kadri isnt that growing everyday* is what I believe you meant to say

Old
09-29-2012, 05:54 PM
King Mapes
Global Moderator
HF's King

Quote:
Or 35 in 82 games but lets forget about that right?

What has shown that Kadri is more ready, or ever will be?

The reality that kadri isnt that growing everyday* is what I believe you meant to say
He had 34 in 80 games. So 8 in 41 is a MASSIVE step back and shows he isn't ready. MPS has averaged LESS PPG in both the NHL and AHL levels so I doubt he will ever be anything more than a bust.

Old
09-29-2012, 06:02 PM
Mctopchowda

Sorry, 34 in less games

So I guess as of right now:

Offensive game

Kadri > MPS (by a touch) 0.37 > 0.35

Defensively

MPS >> Kadri

Attitude:

Ill take the guy whos character hasnt come into question on multiple occassions. (MPS)

One guy played a full season in the NHL, had a good rookie year then regressed in a sophmore slump (many sophmores do)

One guy cant crack an NHL line up

Old
09-29-2012, 06:10 PM
King Mapes
Global Moderator
HF's King

Quote:
Sorry, 34 in less games

So I guess as of right now:

Offensive game

Kadri > MPS (by a touch) 0.37 > 0.35

Defensively

MPS >> Kadri

Attitude:

Ill take the guy whos character hasnt come into question on multiple occassions. (MPS)

One guy played a full season in the NHL, had a good rookie year then regressed in a sophmore slump (many sophmores do)

One guy cant crack an NHL line up
How has Kadri have his attitude called out on multiple occassions? Even if it has, it is typical for Leaf management to do that to its players.

One guy has a much easier time since he just has to compete against young guys. No way Kadri can ever beat Lupul and Kessel for a spot. Also, Leafs were a lottery team last year, 9th last the previous year. Edmonton has been the worst team the past few years (Yes I know Columbus was just last year but I mean all 3 years combined). Which would be easier to make?

I'll take the guy with a better offensive game.

Closed Thread