HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

What's going on? Part 3

Closed Thread

Old
09-16-2012, 09:26 PM
Kyle McMahon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrolean View Post
The guy is an idiot for sure! Talks in his whiny voice about the Montreal Canadiens incessantly. No one here cares that much about the Habs, but he insists on talking about every detail. I wish he'd just move to Montreal, but they are lucky he isn't there.
And naturally he craps on every Edmonton team, despite attempting (extremely unsuccessfully) to run for civic political office on multiple occassions. I remember Adil going silent when his Habs gagged a 2-0 lead to Carolina in 2006 while the Oilers upset Detroit. Then returning to the air when San Jose was up 2-0 on us to say "I told you so!" about the Oilers sucking or whatever. I think that was pretty much the last straw for Bryn Griffiths who banned him shortly afterwards by my memory.

Old
09-22-2012, 02:14 PM
abootzky

Quote:
Originally Posted by pox View Post
love the post show show
I had no idea what you were talking about until I accidentally stumbled across this week's episode. Now I've seen them all and I love it too.

No Nation Radio today. Has it been shelved during the lockout?

Old
09-24-2012, 09:15 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by abootzky View Post
I had no idea what you were talking about until I accidentally stumbled across this week's episode. Now I've seen them all and I love it too.

To be honest every time I caught nation radio it really had little to do with the NHL. Seemed to have a lot of prospect talk.

Old
09-24-2012, 09:59 AM
Mr Sakich

I wonder what it would be like to be stuck in an elevator for 4 hours with Adil and Hallsie.

Old
09-24-2012, 10:22 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 3099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich View Post
I wonder what it would be like to be stuck in an elevator for 4 hours with Adil and Hallsie.
Probably about the same as having to listen to Jack Michaels for five minutes.

Old
09-24-2012, 10:23 AM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Whatever happened to daily doug?
He's now "Not so Daily Doug".

The other day he called basically saying he has less to complain about.

Old
09-24-2012, 10:26 AM
worraps
Acceptance

vCash: 50
Quote:

http://oilersnation.com/2012/9/14/na...-of-technology

Apparently the Team 1260 airwaves are too expensive so they are just going to do it as a podcast.

Old
09-29-2012, 01:03 AM
abootzky

Strudwick & Majeau need to move away from the Friday night music wimp-fests asap.

Old
09-29-2012, 10:07 AM
joestevens29

Gregor needs to move away from talking about the CBA and how he knows the answer to all the problems. Can tell Strudwick was pissed off at home it was Gregor's way and no other way.

Old
09-29-2012, 05:14 PM
abootzky

Quote:
Gregor needs to move away from talking about the CBA and how he knows the answer to all the problems. Can tell Strudwick was pissed off at home it was Gregor's way and no other way.
Sure Gregor was being obnoxious but it made for compelling sports talk radio, especially when the non-former NHLPA members on the show started tagteaming on Strudwick. I actually thought he handled it quite well.

Old
09-29-2012, 09:43 PM
JimmyHardFace

Quote:
Strudwick & Majeau need to move away from the Friday night music wimp-fests asap.
What's wrong with them?

Old
09-30-2012, 07:04 PM
abootzky

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyHardFace View Post
What's wrong with them?
Maybe it's the music snob in me but every wussy tune the two of them mentioned made me want to counter with something by Motorhead, Rage Against the Machine or anybody else with a modicum of energy.

Old
09-30-2012, 09:01 PM
The Last Dynasty
We're in Hell men

Quote:
Maybe it's the music snob in me but every wussy tune the two of them mentioned made me want to counter with something by Motorhead, Rage Against the Machine or anybody else with a modicum of energy.
the great thing about music is that everyone has a different opinion of it

Old
09-30-2012, 10:47 PM
abootzky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Dynasty View Post
the great thing about music is that everyone has a different opinion of it
Very true. I don't care whether or not people like the music I like so I probably shouldn't be belittling Strudwick & Majeau for their lame-o musical taste.

Oops, couldn't resist one more shot...

Old
10-01-2012, 08:35 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Sure Gregor was being obnoxious but it made for compelling sports talk radio, especially when the non-former NHLPA members on the show started tagteaming on Strudwick. I actually thought he handled it quite well.
No, no it didn't. Gregor got into one of his little kid moods where he was right and no one else is.

Old
10-01-2012, 08:50 AM
abootzky

Quote:
Gregor got into one of his little kid moods where he was right and no one else is.
As a listener I actually enjoy it when Gregor goes into that mode. Strudwick's not made of glass. It won't hurt him to get pissed off occasionally.

Old
10-01-2012, 09:57 AM
Halibut

Quote:
No, no it didn't. Gregor got into one of his little kid moods where he was right and no one else is.
Yeah Gregor really loses any sense of perspective or seeming impartiality when it comes to CBA talks. He's clearly siding with the owners, it was really funny when he was trying to say the players lost nothing in the last CBA only seconds after Spector said they went from @75% of revenues pre-CBA to the 57% they are at now.

Old
10-01-2012, 10:05 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halibut View Post
Yeah Gregor really loses any sense of perspective or seeming impartiality when it comes to CBA talks. He's clearly siding with the owners, it was really funny when he was trying to say the players lost nothing in the last CBA only seconds after Spector said they went from @75% of revenues pre-CBA to the 57% they are at now.
He's whole theory of a two year lockout and making max salaries of 4-5mil is just so far from reality it's not even funny.

Old
10-06-2012, 11:01 AM
abootzky

Driving home after the Eskimo game Friday night I noticed that Strudwick continues to get better. The 9 to midnight show hasn't been this consistently enjoyable for quite some time.

Old
10-31-2012, 05:43 PM
joestevens29

Anyone listening to Gregor, had this tweet;

"We need to reduce the number of teams moving forward. All across Canada." Said AJHL President Craig Cripps.

I know there was talk the other day about some province reducing teams as there are less kids playing. Curious just how severe it's going to get.

Old
10-31-2012, 05:56 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Yup we've reached it

Quote:
Anyone listening to Gregor, had this tweet;

"We need to reduce the number of teams moving forward. All across Canada." Said AJHL President Craig Cripps.

I know there was talk the other day about some province reducing teams as there are less kids playing. Curious just how severe it's going to get.
When they say "across Canada" they're mainly focusing on Ontario where they are multiple Junior A level leagues spread all over the region.

As for the AJHL, not sure what they will do, I feel they have decent number of teams.

Old
11-03-2012, 07:46 AM
abootzky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
As for the AJHL, not sure what they will do, I feel they have decent number of teams.
According to Cripps (who's leaving as league president soon) they have too many. He seems especially displeased with the 2 Calgary franchises. Sherwood Park Crusaders governor Kyle Chase was on with Gregor earlier and I'm guessing that he agrees with Cripps. I have to guess because it was Chase therefore my radio was off.

Old
12-06-2012, 11:06 PM
abootzky

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Probably about the same as having to listen to Jack Michaels for five minutes.
Speaking of painful memories, Gregor was talking about underwater hockey today. Luckily he moved on after less than a minute or so- unlike a certain former morning co-host who I'm sure you still miss on a daily basis.

Old
12-06-2012, 11:49 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 3099
Quote:
Speaking of painful memories, Gregor was talking about underwater hockey today. Luckily he moved on after less than a minute or so- unlike a certain former morning co-host who I'm sure you still miss on a daily basis.
Well, to be fair to Gregor, he likes to support local athletes/sport, taking a cue from the legendary John Short as you know, unlike the fool you are referring to who somehow seemed to think it was funny.

There was actual NHL hockey going on at the time back then as well, during the season in fact IIRC.

Old
12-07-2012, 08:18 AM
joestevens29

Really enjoyed Colby Armstrong on Gregor's show yesterday. One of those guys that can joke around, but still answer the questions you want to hear.

Closed Thread