HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs [2-1-0] & Wheeling Nailers 2012-2013

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-28-2012, 12:10 PM
  #176
S Bah
Registered User
 
S Bah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 5,514
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
dogs testicles is a good thing? Well you learn something every day.
Apparently a favorite dish of the Boston Bruins & Toronto Maple Leafs.

S Bah is offline  
Old
09-28-2012, 12:30 PM
  #177
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,916
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
dogs testicles is a good thing? Well you learn something every day.
"In UK slang terms the "dog's bollocks" means the best. It comes from the habit of male dog's licking their testicles (bollocks) and that they must taste good as they spend so much time in this activity."

~urbandictionary.com

Watsatheo is offline  
Old
09-28-2012, 11:50 PM
  #178
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,744
vCash: 500
If you get the 150 package, can you see the bulldogs preseason games ?

Analyzer is offline  
Old
09-29-2012, 12:34 PM
  #179
DogsFan*
GHG
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hamilton, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,036
vCash: 500
I've started covering training camp at www.HabsEyesOnThePrize.com

I'll have all kinds of pictures and info from camp as well as comments directly from Derek Wills (hopefully)

DogsFan* is offline  
Old
09-29-2012, 01:03 PM
  #180
habsprospects
Irresponsible User
 
habsprospects's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sherbrooke, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,840
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsFan View Post
I've started covering training camp at www.HabsEyesOnThePrize.com

I'll have all kinds of pictures and info from camp as well as comments directly from Derek Wills (hopefully)
You travelled to Sherbrooke? That's pretty hardcore.

__________________

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is offline  
Old
09-29-2012, 01:17 PM
  #181
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Cakes!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 55,680
vCash: 567
Interesting, Leblanc and Holland at center.

Geoffrion - Leblanc - Palushaj
Bournival - Nattinen - Gallagher

Could be the top 2 lines.

Quailer - Blunden - Schultz

Holy huge line batman.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline  
Old
09-29-2012, 07:34 PM
  #182
Vi Nc E x13x
Registered User
 
Vi Nc E x13x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsFan View Post
I've started covering training camp at www.HabsEyesOnThePrize.com

I'll have all kinds of pictures and info from camp as well as comments directly from Derek Wills (hopefully)
Wont let me view the gallery images of training camp

Vi Nc E x13x is offline  
Old
09-29-2012, 07:42 PM
  #183
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,012
vCash: 500
I like the idea of a Tinordi-St Denis pairing.

Et le But is offline  
Old
09-29-2012, 07:43 PM
  #184
Mue
Registered User
 
Mue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,981
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vi Nc E x13x View Post
Wont let me view the gallery images of training camp
Doesn't work for me either.

Mue is offline  
Old
09-29-2012, 07:54 PM
  #185
Talks to Goalposts
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I like the idea of a Tinordi-St Denis pairing.
St. Denis a great guy to transition Tinordi in as a pro shutdown defender. He's reliable and can handle moving the puck at the AHL level, letting Tinordi do what he's good at while still having a safety net.

Kinda like Gill-Gorges just the big guy is the rookie instead of the veteran.

I'd guess the other pairings to be Nash-Ellis and Beaulieu-Pateryn.

Talks to Goalposts is offline  
Old
09-29-2012, 08:07 PM
  #186
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,012
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
St. Denis a great guy to transition Tinordi in as a pro shutdown defender. He's reliable and can handle moving the puck at the AHL level, letting Tinordi do what he's good at while still having a safety net.

Kinda like Gill-Gorges just the big guy is the rookie instead of the veteran.

I'd guess the other pairings to be Nash-Ellis and Beaulieu-Pateryn.

I agree, St. Denis is a very fundamentally sound player who Tinordi could learn from.

The Beaulieu-Pateryn partnership is interesting too. Beaulieu obviously has a lot to learn but he's more likely to be comfortable at the AHL level than Tinordi (although his defense might be poor)

Et le But is offline  
Old
09-29-2012, 08:56 PM
  #187
Talks to Goalposts
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I agree, St. Denis is a very fundamentally sound player who Tinordi could learn from.

The Beaulieu-Pateryn partnership is interesting too. Beaulieu obviously has a lot to learn but he's more likely to be comfortable at the AHL level than Tinordi (although his defense might be poor)
I think Beaulieu would have the harder initial adjustment. His game is naturally a lot more complicated than Tinordi's and requires him to be heavily involved in the balance of play. Tinordi can just hold down his section of the ice and keep his head down during transition, Beaulieu has to be involved.

So Tinordi can start out as the supporting guy on a shutdown pairing while Beaulieu probably starts on lesser third pairing, even though he's the best natural talent on the squad.

Talks to Goalposts is offline  
Old
09-29-2012, 11:34 PM
  #188
DogsFan*
GHG
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hamilton, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
You travelled to Sherbrooke? That's pretty hardcore.
No, I'm just updating the blog with things I hear from Derek Wills and people at camp. Gallery is a collection of twitter pictures. Sorry for the confusion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vi Nc E x13x View Post
Wont let me view the gallery images of training camp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mue View Post
Doesn't work for me either.
I'm having it looked at.

DogsFan* is offline  
Old
09-30-2012, 02:02 AM
  #189
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsFan View Post
I've started covering training camp at www.HabsEyesOnThePrize.com

I'll have all kinds of pictures and info from camp as well as comments directly from Derek Wills (hopefully)
Grats! Looking forward to your coverage.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is online now  
Old
09-30-2012, 09:27 AM
  #190
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,016
vCash: 500
Greatest news about this lockout? "Journalists" might find out we actually have a farm team with potential good players in our organization. If it can open their eyes instead of saying that we have nothing in our ranks....that can't be bad.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
09-30-2012, 10:37 AM
  #191
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Cakes!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 55,680
vCash: 567
I doubt it. There will be more attention on la tournée des joueurs.

The only ones you can trust with prospect coverage are following the Bulldogs camp (Godin and Brunet at La Presse, Chaumont, etc).

Marc the Habs Fan is offline  
Old
09-30-2012, 10:54 AM
  #192
Roulin
Registered User
 
Roulin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Interesting, Leblanc and Holland at center.

Geoffrion - Leblanc - Palushaj
Bournival - Nattinen - Gallagher

Could be the top 2 lines.

Quailer - Blunden - Schultz

Holy huge line batman.
The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of Geoffrion-Leblanc-Palushaj. All skilled players at the AHL level, but not so much that they can rely on offense to make it in the NHL, they'll have to know the game all over the ice. Play them against the Eberles of the league, make them play some defence. I think keeping Gallagher out of that situation for now is smart.

BTW is Dumont injured?


Last edited by Roulin: 09-30-2012 at 11:00 AM.
Roulin is offline  
Old
09-30-2012, 11:03 AM
  #193
Vi Nc E x13x
Registered User
 
Vi Nc E x13x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsFan View Post
No, I'm just updating the blog with things I hear from Derek Wills and people at camp. Gallery is a collection of twitter pictures. Sorry for the confusion.




I'm having it looked at.
Worked for me today .. wow palushaj looks ripped, gallagher looks 10 pounds bigger amd tinordi looks scary in the 5th picture in background lol

Vi Nc E x13x is offline  
Old
09-30-2012, 11:22 AM
  #194
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Cakes!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 55,680
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
BTW is Dumont injured?
Nope, he played in today's scrimmage and had a big hit according to Wills on twitter.

Bournival scored both goals in today's scrimmage.

Derek Wills ‏@dogsplaybyplay
Team White with 2-0 victory over Team Red in @BulldogsAHL intra-squad game. @CanadiensMTL prospect Michael Bournival scores both goals.

Also, Ellis was sent back to Montreal (Or I guess Brossard) to get treatment on his lower body injury according to MAG.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline  
Old
09-30-2012, 11:38 AM
  #195
Vi Nc E x13x
Registered User
 
Vi Nc E x13x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Nope, he played in today's scrimmage and had a big hit according to Wills on twitter.

Bournival scored both goals in today's scrimmage.

Derek Wills ‏@dogsplaybyplay
Team White with 2-0 victory over Team Red in @BulldogsAHL intra-squad game. @CanadiensMTL prospect Michael Bournival scores both goals.

Also, Ellis was sent back to Montreal (Or I guess Brossard) to get treatment on his lower body injury according to MAG.
Thanks for the update .. who had the assists?

Vi Nc E x13x is offline  
Old
09-30-2012, 12:38 PM
  #196
niftymove
Registered User
 
niftymove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 350
vCash: 500
Derek Wills ‏@dogsplaybyplay

Two days into @BulldogsAHL I am very impressed by Greg Pateryn. He hits like a Mack truck, which fittingly, have bulldog hood ornaments!



Watch Dogs defense this year, they will rock!!!!

niftymove is offline  
Old
09-30-2012, 02:43 PM
  #197
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW
 
Hannibal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,782
vCash: 500
Any other updates from today's scrimmage?

Hannibal is online now  
Old
09-30-2012, 10:02 PM
  #198
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,744
vCash: 500
Is there a pre-season game tomorrow, or was I hallucinating

Analyzer is offline  
Old
09-30-2012, 10:08 PM
  #199
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,016
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by denidd View Post
Derek Wills ‏@dogsplaybyplay

Two days into @BulldogsAHL I am very impressed by Greg Pateryn. He hits like a Mack truck, which fittingly, have bulldog hood ornaments!



Watch Dogs defense this year, they will rock!!!!
But there will be A LOT of defensive rookie mistakes so people should be patient. Let's hope Desjardins bails them out a few times.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
09-30-2012, 10:54 PM
  #200
habsprospects
Irresponsible User
 
habsprospects's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sherbrooke, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,840
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Is there a pre-season game tomorrow, or was I hallucinating
Probably a scrimmage game during the morning practice.

They play intra-squad games on Oct. 2 & 3 in Sherbrooke and AHL pre-season on Oct. 6 & 8 in Ontario.

habsprospects is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:35 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.