HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Eller is huge

Old
09-29-2012, 07:26 PM
WhiskeySeven
Give her the Defence

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
The most visible muscles are not always the most used though, looking jacked doesn't mean you are that strong.
Quote:
It means the average Jersey Shore lookalike wouldn't be able to survive a hit on the ice from Yannick effing Weber no matter how many bicep curls they do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Nope.. my buddy who looks like Ronnie off Jersey Shore can do nothing against my buddy who has finished rather high in the Olympic trials for Canada in wrestling.
Contrary to popular belief, Yannick Weber and your wrestling buddy () would get their ass beat if it were say, arm wrestling or straight fighting against Ronnie. More muscles almost always equals more power.

Doesn't mean technique or anything is involved but there is a very direct correlation between JACKEDNESS and the amount of POWER (force over distance over time) the muscle can exert. More muscle fibers create more tension (or whatever it's called) and can essentially do more, and quicker because there are more of them to do the work.

I don't really care to define "strength" because we all have a bro who is totally gonna kick another bro's butt at something because even though the first bro is a bit smaller he knows all sorts of moves, bro. Strength is relative, Ronnie can't power-skate as well as Yannick Weber can - and it's alright. But larger muscles can exert more power and it is very simple. Ronnie can bench more than Weber can, isn't that a direct measurement of strength anyway?

(Broscience does suck and I'm totally ready to accept if I'm wrong; though I'm almost certain I studied this in bio class when an actual bro asked this very question)

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Cell tech is one of the most overated crap on earth. (On par with with Rick Nash)
He's talking about 'dat dere' Cell-Tech, there's a BIG difference between the two.

68 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 10:35 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Contrary to popular belief, Yannick Weber and your wrestling buddy () would get their ass beat if it were say, arm wrestling or straight fighting against Ronnie. More muscles almost always equals more power.

Doesn't mean technique or anything is involved but there is a very direct correlation between JACKEDNESS and the amount of POWER (force over distance over time) the muscle can exert. More muscle fibers create more tension (or whatever it's called) and can essentially do more, and quicker because there are more of them to do the work.

I don't really care to define "strength" because we all have a bro who is totally gonna kick another bro's butt at something because even though the first bro is a bit smaller he knows all sorts of moves, bro. Strength is relative, Ronnie can't power-skate as well as Yannick Weber can - and it's alright. But larger muscles can exert more power and it is very simple. Ronnie can bench more than Weber can, isn't that a direct measurement of strength anyway?

(Broscience does suck and I'm totally ready to accept if I'm wrong; though I'm almost certain I studied this in bio class when an actual bro asked this very question)
Trust me, my wrestling buddy can lift way more than the Ronnie look-alike. The man powerlifts a stupid amount of weight. His core and legs are insanely strong, which will give you an advantage in a fight, technique aside, it has a lot to do with equilibrium, balance, and strength... leverage etc.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 10:39 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Yeah definitely.

Ronnie would kill this guy in an arm wrestle too.

NotProkofievian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2012, 07:24 AM
WhiskeySeven
Give her the Defence

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Trust me, my wrestling buddy can lift way more than the Ronnie look-alike. The man powerlifts a stupid amount of weight. His core and legs are insanely strong, which will give you an advantage in a fight, technique aside, it has a lot to do with equilibrium, balance, and strength... leverage etc.
But the idea is that if you have more muscles you can generate more power. If your wrestling friend can powerlift a ton, then he probably has more muslces than someone who can't powerlift that much.

I don't care about Ronnie or anyone really I'm just explaining what is very simple: more muscles (almost always) = stronger.

Eller looks more powerful than before, end of story.

Old
09-30-2012, 08:32 AM
CHill Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
It's not the same for everyone.
true but the majority of men will see a 6 pack -IF they have some kind of core development AND their body fat is in the 10%BF or obviously lower range

CHill Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2012, 12:55 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Bwahahaha this thread.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2012, 01:14 PM
icerocket

Quote:
But the idea is that if you have more muscles you can generate more power. If your wrestling friend can powerlift a ton, then he probably has more muslces than someone who can't powerlift that much.

I don't care about Ronnie or anyone really I'm just explaining what is very simple: more muscles (almost always) = stronger.

Eller looks more powerful than before, end of story.
This is exactly what I'm talking about and not a difficult concept.

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2012, 04:08 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

It's not the same type of huge player as one Pernell Karl Subban...

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2012, 04:34 PM
Et le But

Eller is also great at trash talking Gorges and Gill on twitter. He's probably the only NHLer I've seen so far whose twitter use actually makes him seem bright.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2012, 04:49 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Eller is also great at trash talking Gorges and Gill on twitter. He's probably the only NHLer I've seen so far whose twitter use actually makes him seem bright.
Eller's swag is underrated.

[Insert .gif of him throwing Briere's stick away]

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2012, 07:32 PM
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post
Bwahahaha this thread.
I agree. Dear God, someone please start a Gomez or Kaberle thread.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2012, 10:43 PM
Kriss E

Quote:

I think what you're trying to say is bigger muscles, not more muscles. We all have the same amount of muscles unless something went wrong physiologically.

But bigger does not always mean stronger. Someone that focuses on bodybuilding with isolated exercises, won't be stronger than someone following an olympic weightlifting or powerlifting training, yet he could be bigger.

It's not always as simple as bigger=stronger.

That being said, athletes do not train as bodybuilders. So, I agree, Eller is likely to be stronger.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 08:00 AM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Bwahahaha this thread.
This thread can totally lift more than you, BRO.

No Team Needed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 08:09 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Bwahahaha this thread.
Definitely needs a giant #nohomo tag.

Jesus...

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 10:39 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
Definitely needs a giant #nohomo tag.

Jesus...
Im not sure if its even possible at this point.

Old
10-01-2012, 10:52 AM
Dirty Danglez
Take it like a Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I think what you're trying to say is bigger muscles, not more muscles. We all have the same amount of muscles unless something went wrong physiologically.

But bigger does not always mean stronger. Someone that focuses on bodybuilding with isolated exercises, won't be stronger than someone following an olympic weightlifting or powerlifting training, yet he could be bigger.

That being said, athletes do not train as bodybuilders. So, I agree, Eller is likely to be stronger.
What he's trying to say is that if person A's Bicep muscle is bigger than Person B's, than he can exert more power using that muscle. You can't dispute that. There are other factors that can come into play, but a bigger muscle means the potential to exert the strength using that muscle is greater

Dirty Danglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 12:24 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
What he's trying to say is that if person A's Bicep muscle is bigger than Person B's, than he can exert more power using that muscle. You can't dispute that. There are other factors that can come into play, but a bigger muscle means the potential to exert the strength using that muscle is greater
Sure, but that's not something you measure by physical appearance. Obviously I'm not talking about comparing a 140lbs 5'3 guy to a 6'2 245lbs athlete.

Old
10-01-2012, 01:47 PM
WhiskeySeven
Give her the Defence

Quote:
Sure, but that's not something you measure by physical appearance. Obviously I'm not talking about comparing a 140lbs 5'3 guy to a 6'2 245lbs athlete.
You can take a damn good guess by appearances though. But we're in agreement, so now I'm just waiting for Mrb1p to admit he was mistaken and foolish.

Old
10-01-2012, 02:15 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
At the same time, if you are the kind of person who does bicep curls all day to have the biggest biceps in the world mainly for appearance, you aren't going to have a strength advantage over anyone who might have slightly smaller biceps but an equally strong tricep. Exclusive bicep training has no use besides appearance.

Very few activities require only one muscle, yes it's likely that someone who has big biceps also have other big muscles, but we all know that one guy who does nothing but bicep curls, that's the perfect example of how superficial appearance doesn't mean practical strength.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 02:59 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:

This thread is hilarious!

I don't know anything about this supposed "broscience" but I am a physics guy. Just taking a guess here but, technically speaking, shouldn't muscle density be the determining factor relating to strength? Is "muscle density" even a real thing? Lol because bigger doesn't mean denser. And then there's the part about a short guy and a tall guy having the same size biceps, the short guy should be stronger, no? He'd be able to create more torque I'd think, but I could.totally be wrong! Educate me bro!

HankyZetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 03:09 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi2teD View Post

I don't know anything about this supposed "broscience" but I am a physics guy. Just taking a guess here but, technically speaking, shouldn't muscle density be the determining factor relating to strength? Is "muscle density" even a real thing? Lol because bigger doesn't mean denser. And then there's the part about a short guy and a tall guy having the same size biceps, the short guy should be stronger, no? He'd be able to create more torque I'd think, but I could.totally be wrong! Educate me bro!
I'm not the most experienced lifter, but everything in this post is correct. Broscience, whatever it is, sounds extremely gay.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 03:16 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
I'm not the most experienced lifter, but everything in this post is correct. Broscience, whatever it is, sounds extremely gay.
Times one billion

Old
10-01-2012, 03:18 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi2teD View Post

My point was that physical appearance isn't a determining factor when it comes to strength, or power.
The size of a bicep (a relatively small muscle) means nothing.

You measure strength, power, flexibility, coordination, accuracy, stamina, endurance, speed, agility, balance through various tests, not physical appearance. Those ten components should all be considered when talking about general fitness.
I have never heard of any athletes getting their actual muscles measured, so I don't know whether bigger actually means stronger.
And where does it end? Person A has bigger arms but Person B has bigger shoulders. Who's stronger?
The basic principle of ''the guy who appears to be bigger'' is necessarily stronger is just wrong. Now, maybe bigger does mean stronger, it certainly seems logical. My point is just that there's no way to really know the size of the muscle just by looking at someone. Remove bone density, remove water retention, that arm won't look as big, but there's no way to know what it would look like just by looking at a guy.

I work in fitness, I've seen smaller guys (in terms of ''jackedness'') lift just as much or more than bigger guys.

Old
10-01-2012, 03:57 PM
SAKS AVENUE

Yes he is huge. I'm digging the symmetry. They both dangle so evenly, we'll it might be a
Little heavy on the left but pretty close to perfection. Nice!!

Shhhhhhhhh.

Lordy people, this thread should be worth a good laugh from non Habs fans, way to embarrass yourselfs.

SAKS AVENUE is online now   Reply With Quote