HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

The lockout thread

Closed Thread

Old
09-27-2012, 12:26 PM
Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Tikkanen
So will we see any players pull the Hull-Roenick during this lockout? Hitting the golf course, drinking like fish, eating like "Kings" and when it ends they are just a couple of fatties?

Old
09-27-2012, 12:48 PM
Julius Caesar Milan
Lord of the Shih Tzu

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
So will we see any players pull the Hull-Roenick during this lockout? Hitting the golf course, drinking like fish, eating like "Kings" and when it ends they are just a couple of fatties?

Old
09-27-2012, 12:58 PM
Johnny Utah

vCash: 500
Oh man. Buff, Seabrook, ? and Eager?

Old
09-27-2012, 01:38 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

So i'm watching the finals again, and i've noticed that the Kings stand the same way for every national anthem. Doughty stands at centre ice with Brown right next to him on his left, then a gap to Scuderi, then a bigger gap to Kopitar, then a bigger gap to Williams who stand right on the boards

Its odd since most teams just stand next to each other, anyone know why they line up like that?

/randomlockouttopic

Old
09-27-2012, 02:15 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
So i'm watching the finals again, and i've noticed that the Kings stand the same way for every national anthem. Doughty stands at centre ice with Brown right next to him on his left, then a gap to Scuderi, then a bigger gap to Kopitar, then a bigger gap to Williams who stand right on the boards

Its odd since most teams just stand next to each other, anyone know why they line up like that?

/randomlockouttopic
It's a strategic formation to keep Doughty from getting to any of the food vendors before the game.

Old
09-27-2012, 03:04 PM
KingsKnight
Reclaim the Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post

/randomlockouttopic
Maybe they did it once, and didn't want to jinx anything? I guess it worked

Old
09-27-2012, 03:14 PM
bobafettish*

big day tomorrow, please positive news.

Old
09-30-2012, 11:07 AM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

This is the kind of **** that is pissing me the **** off from the players.

https://twitter.com/ChrisBottaNHL/st...12375552393216

Quote:
Player text: unless there's surprise turn soon, NHLPA views weekend meetings as a step back. Called NHL's actions "sickening."

**** you players. Stop being *****es.

Old
09-30-2012, 11:45 AM
Minor Boarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
This is the kind of **** that is pissing me the **** off from the players.

https://twitter.com/ChrisBottaNHL/st...12375552393216

**** you players. Stop being *****es.
2 words for you: Donald Fehr

Old
09-30-2012, 12:02 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minor Boarding View Post
2 words for you: Donald Fehr
Anyone read Krys Barch's Twitterant?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...4345--nhl.html

Old
09-30-2012, 12:12 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Anyone read Krys Barch's Twitterant?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...4345--nhl.html
Pathetic.

Like Butch posted in the main boards thread..

"Think of the children!!" My six figure salary isn't enough!

I wonder how expensive that wine he was drinking was....

Old
09-30-2012, 12:19 PM
Ron
Kings Fan Since 1967

He will make $750,000 this year and $750,000 next year.

http://stats.nhlnumbers.com/players (then, search for "Barch")

Cry me a river. Jesus H. Christ, what a major a-hole. He is crying about having a third kid on the way and wondering how he is going to make ends meet.

Oh, by the way, Krys...sorry about the missing chicklets, but isn't that pretty much assumed if you are going to play ice hockey? Tell me one player who has gone unscathed in the dentures department after having played, oh say, at least 1 month? Give me a break, that's something hockey players will always have to live with, knowing they can get (and afford) wonderful dental implants at the end of their careers.

09-30-2012, 12:23 PM
Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Buff is obese. I hope somebody is keeping tabs on Doughty, all this free time worries me.

Old
09-30-2012, 01:05 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Krys Barch problems

Old
09-30-2012, 01:10 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Krys Barch problems

You should tweet that back at him.

Old
09-30-2012, 01:15 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
You should tweet that back at him.
Bahahaha that would get some reaction i'm sure

Old
09-30-2012, 01:20 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Bahahaha that would get some reaction i'm sure
It would at least show how out of touch with reality he is.

Old
09-30-2012, 02:03 PM
Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
It's a wide angle lens. Look at the hand on the shoulder on the right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
He will make $750,000 this year and $750,000 next year.

http://stats.nhlnumbers.com/players (then, search for "Barch")

Cry me a river. Jesus H. Christ, what a major a-hole. He is crying about having a third kid on the way and wondering how he is going to make ends meet.
I don't agree with the way he did it but is he wrong? Let's be generous and say that after his agent's cut and taxes he gets 500k. Sure, he's making that 'per year', but for how long? Many of these guys barely finished high school because they were dedicated to hockey. What about the next 50 years of his life? That's not really a lot for someone in the top 1% of what they do.

I guess I just don't get why so many people side with the owners. They are all business men (read: liars, cheaters, tax evaders, etc.). I guarantee you that every owner has done something to get where they are that has hosed the average joe. Meanwhile, all the player has done is worked hard. There are no shortcuts in sports. No loopholes, no stepping on other people's backs to get to the top. Hard work and skill is pretty much all there is to it. Seems much easier to relate to than billionaires looking for more money to fill their vaults.

Old
09-30-2012, 02:09 PM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post

I don't agree with the way he did it but is he wrong? Let's be generous and say that after his agent's cut and taxes he gets 500k. Sure, he's making that 'per year', but for how long? Many of these guys barely finished high school because they were dedicated to hockey. What about the next 50 years of his life? That's not really a lot for someone in the top 1% of what they do.

I guess I just don't get why so many people side with the owners. They are all business men (read: liars, cheaters, tax evaders, etc.). I guarantee you that every owner has done something to get where they are that has hosed the average joe. Meanwhile, all the player has done is worked hard. There are no shortcuts in sports. No loopholes, no stepping on other people's backs to get to the top. Hard work and skill is pretty much all there is to it. Seems much easier to relate to than billionaires looking for more money to fill their vaults.
Is that you Krys??

Old
09-30-2012, 02:09 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:

I'm sorry, but there is no way I can sympathize with someone who has made over $4.5 million dollars in his career as a fringe NHL player who is acting as if he has the same financial issues as I do.

It would take me 112 years of working at my current salary to make what he has in a few years of being a meaningless NHLer. He may have had to work hard to get to where he is, but don't act like your life and financial situation is even in the same stratosphere as most Americans and Canadians. It's insulting.

Old
09-30-2012, 02:29 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Uh Bandit what is the deal dude? This is the 2nd time I have seen you say ALL business men are crooked. You realize how convoluted a view like that is right? I think it's hard to properly have a reasonable evaluation or discussion about these issues if you are going into it already saying one side of it are crooked, evil, and cheaters. Can't do it at all.

Old
09-30-2012, 03:03 PM
damacles1156

Quote:

[Mod edit]

Rich people are Rich for a reason, It involves smarts and hard work (also a little luck, right place right time)a vast majority of the time.

Very few people are Rich cause they screwed the Average Joe; or it was given to them.

The players really need to shut up about their finances. NO one cares , also no real person can relate to the six figure salary they make.

The owners have a legit complaint, cause they take all the financial risk. If the players want a seat at that table (partner in risk) they can pay all the travel and training expenses. Then I would at least understand them wanting to hold some ground.

Actually that would be a great idea for the NHLPA to stipulate in the CBA. ANY salary rollback has to be spent on Team operating costs.
That way the owners can't just pocket the savings. It has to be spent on the team.

Last edited by Chazz Reinhold: 09-30-2012 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Don't need to start political debates
Old
09-30-2012, 04:03 PM
Ron
Kings Fan Since 1967

Quote:

I don't agree with the way he did it but is he wrong? Let's be generous and say that after his agent's cut and taxes he gets 500k. Sure, he's making that 'per year', but for how long? Many of these guys barely finished high school because they were dedicated to hockey. [b[What about the next 50 years of his life? [/b]That's not really a lot for someone in the top 1% of what they do.
What about it? I am 54 now and I have already worked 39 years. I most certainly cannot see "full retirement" anytime soon over the horizon and what with two kids going to college and weddings and home mortgages to pay for I figure I have to do at least another 10 years before even considering "hanging them up."

So if this guy is a hockey enforcer with 31 career points and 669 career penalty minutes he should be more entitled than me? Really? Some of the upper-echelon players making millions will not have to work past hockey unless they want to, that's for sure...but this guy, sure he has to. And he is making good money while playing a game.

I am not sure I understand your position. He's got it really, really good...and he is spoiled rotten.

Old
09-30-2012, 07:52 PM
BehindEnemyLines
2012 S.C. Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
What about it? I am 54 now and I have already worked 39 years. I most certainly cannot see "full retirement" anytime soon over the horizon and what with two kids going to college and weddings and home mortgages to pay for I figure I have to do at least another 10 years before even considering "hanging them up."

So if this guy is a hockey enforcer with 31 career points and 669 career penalty minutes he should be more entitled than me? Really? Some of the upper-echelon players making millions will not have to work past hockey unless they want to, that's for sure...but this guy, sure he has to. And he is making good money while playing a game.

I am not sure I understand your position. He's got it really, really good...and he is spoiled rotten.
Excellent post.

Old
09-30-2012, 09:50 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

I guess it doesn't matter to some. Rich are rich, and the only reason is because people feel they cheated. I am not rich and I don't cheat or steal, ergo if you are rich you must cheat and steal.

It is a misconceived Ad Hominem attack. Guilty before proven innocent. Sad.

Closed Thread