HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal - Detroit

Old
09-30-2012, 12:32 PM
NH57
Habs 4 Life

vCash: 500
Montreal - Detroit

and

Detroit needs defense, Montreal has lots of defensemen who are expendable. Detroit has lots of good prospects that might be enticing for Montreal.

At the deadline, if Montreal isn't in playoff position, the Habs and Wings seem like good trading partners, each possessing something that the other team wants/needs.

Question to Habs Fans:
1) Who would you be willing to part with on Defense?

2) Who of Detroit's many forward prospects would you want?

Question to Wings fans:
1) Which Montreal blueliners do you want? (besides Subban probably)

2) Which of your forward prospects would you be willing to move to Montreal?

NH57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2012, 12:37 PM
P U L L H A R D

vCash: 420
Josh Gorges + 5th

for

Cleary/Bertuzzi + Tatar + 2nd

ehhhhh Habs fans?

P U L L H A R D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2012, 12:43 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
I wonder if Markov makes sense? He's out of the core age of the Habs, but could definitely be a contributor to Detroit now. Detroit has a few good prospects, and the uncertainty that Markov will be healthy could balance out the risk of a prospect panning out.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2012, 12:44 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Sunshine View Post
Josh Gorges + 5th

for

Cleary/Bertuzzi + Tatar + 2nd

ehhhhh Habs fans?
Take off, ehh.

I would think Kaberle or Weber would be the pieces we would be looking to move, if anyone, unless we are doing a complete rebuild and then Markov would likely be on the table.

I doubt Gorges would be moved under any circumstances (other than him asking for a trade). He's not worth that much in trade and the Habs seems to like him a lot.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2012, 12:45 PM
P U L L H A R D

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
I wonder if Markov makes sense? He's out of the core age of the Habs, but could definitely be a contributor to Detroit now. Detroit has a few good prospects, and the uncertainty that Markov will be healthy could balance out the risk of a prospect panning out.
As good as Markov is, Wings don't need puck moving skill. We want a guy who can play physical, block shots, take away space&time, etc. Doesn't help that Markov only plays 50% of the games in a season in the best of these past few seasons. (I'm aware Gorges has also missed significant time, recently.)

P U L L H A R D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2012, 01:03 PM
InjuredChoker

How about Emelin? What's the price tag?

Not really interested in others except Subban and Gorges who are totally off the table and likely off the table, respectively.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2012, 01:11 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
How about Emelin? What's the price tag?

Not really interested in others except Subban and Gorges who are totally off the table and likely off the table, respectively.
Emelin's price tag would be relatively high. We've waited for years for him to come over, and he's finally starting to pay dividends. He's also our biggest hitter.

It would probably cost something around Jurco, which is overvalue for him IMO.

Last edited by Dr Gonzo: 09-30-2012 at 01:18 PM.
Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2012, 01:15 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Emelin's price tag would be relatively high. We've waited for years for him to come over, and he's finally starting to pay dividends. He's also our biggest hitter.

It would probably cost something around Turco, which is overvalue for him IMO.
If you guys really want Turco I guess we could try & sign him then trade him to you. Though with Price in net it's a hefty price to pay for a backup goalie

DatsyukToZetterberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2012, 01:17 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post
If you guys really want Turco I guess we could try & sign him the trade him to you. Though with Price in net it's a hefty price to pay for a backup goalie
T. Jurco, my bad

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2012, 02:11 PM
PATCHESx67

Gorges and Emelin better not go nowhere....they're Habs for lifeeee

PATCHESx67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2012, 08:14 PM
tmanv

I'd love to have Emelin, but I doubt Montreal has any interest in trading him.

tmanv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2012, 08:39 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahhabib View Post
and

Detroit needs defense, Montreal has lots of defensemen who are expendable. Detroit has lots of good prospects that might be enticing for Montreal.

At the deadline, if Montreal isn't in playoff position, the Habs and Wings seem like good trading partners, each possessing something that the other team wants/needs.

Question to Habs Fans:
1) Who would you be willing to part with on Defense?

2) Who of Detroit's many forward prospects would you want?

Question to Wings fans:
1) Which Montreal blueliners do you want? (besides Subban probably)

2) Which of your forward prospects would you be willing to move to Montreal?
Devils fit Montreal as well.

Plenty of defense and d prospects, and are bare on forwards, both at the NHL level and in prospects.

Volchenkov and Tallinder the two most likely candidates for Devils to trade, although Volchenkov has an NTC.

Tallinder for a prospect and a pick would suffice for me.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2012, 08:41 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
Not trying to hijack the thread or anything, but Fistric might be available depending on how things work out. We've got 7 defensemen who should be in the NHL (Goligoski, Daley, Larsen, Fistric, Rome, Dillon, Robidas) and Nemeth and Oleksiak might push someone out by the TD.

Fistric's a bit like Emelin, but he's got less upside and is more of a bottom pairing defender. Considerably cheaper, though.

LatvianTwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2012, 08:47 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Not trying to hijack the thread or anything, but Fistric might be available depending on how things work out. We've got 7 defensemen who should be in the NHL (Goligoski, Daley, Larsen, Fistric, Rome, Dillon, Robidas) and Nemeth and Oleksiak might push someone out by the TD.

Fistric's a bit like Emelin, but he's got less upside and is more of a bottom pairing defender. Considerably cheaper, though.
Is Fistric right handed and will defend people ?

If so, Montreal is interested in acquiring him to play as Markov's d partner if Emelin doesn't work.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2012, 09:10 PM
AmeriHab

Buillion for a pick if we're out and Detroit looks for grit on D an he's healthy. He's not big but brings character. I'm not sure what his value is though

AmeriHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 08:06 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

I would say Markov, Gorges, Subban, and Emelin ought not be in any trade discussion.

The defensemen Wings fans would need to pick from would be Kaberle, Weber, Diaz, Bouillon. (And frankly, I don't see how any of those guys unseats any of the top 7 incumbents the Wings would already plan on dressing).

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 08:17 AM
Wingsfan2965*

Issue is, I don't think you pry any major prospects out of Holland's hands.

Zetterberg and Datsyuk are getting old, Nyquist, Jurco, Jarnkrok, and Pulkkinen all have the potential to be stars. You're unlikely to get Holland to give up one just so that he can make a temporary patch on a hole.

The reality is, Detroit's defense will likely stay the way it is until either a no-rollback CBA results in teams having to dump cap, or until Ouellet and Sproul are NHL-Ready.

Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 02:42 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

When Tinordi is ready a year or two, Emelin might become expandable. Right now I don't see Bergevin moving him

Habs 4 Life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 07:49 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by PATCHESx67 View Post
Gorges and Emelin better not go nowhere....they're Habs for lifeeee
Um, you realize that Gorges is already not a Hab for life, right? He previously played for San Jose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
When Tinordi is ready a year or two, Emelin might become expandable. Right now I don't see Bergevin moving him
Hmm, just how much can he expand? Maybe they should put him on a diet and workout program.

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 07:55 PM
mytor4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
Um, you realize that Gorges is already not a Hab for life, right? He previously played for San Jose.

Hmm, just how much can he expand? Maybe they should put him on a diet and workout program.
Well hopefully he doesn't expand near the size of Byfuglien.He would need quite a tummy tuck.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 08:25 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
Well hopefully he doesn't expand near the size of Byfuglien.He would need quite a tummy tuck.
Or worse yet, expand to the size of *shudder* Dany Heatley's ego.

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 09:52 AM
Lebowski

I would be willing to trade Kaberle, Weber and Markov if we're not in the playoff picture. Gorges and Subban are keepers, no matter what. Emelin has the upside to become what we Habs fans have always dreamed of; a big, physical, 2nd pairing defenseman with a decent first pass. He's worth more to us than to other teams, which makes it stupid to trade him away in my opinion. Diaz showed some good things last season, and I rather have him than Weber in my line-up. However, his trade value is slim to none, so there's no point in trading him away if all we can get for him is spare parts. I'd keep him until Beaulieu is ready, at least.

For Kabs, I'd look for a 2nd rounder if he keeps producing at a 40+ points pace. I however don't know if the Wings own a 2nd rounder for the 2013 draft.

If Markov plays up to his standards, I'd want a legit blue-chiper coming our way and probably a 1st rounder. Not all the informed about the Wings prospects though. Nyqvist seems to be their best prospect..?

For Weber, I wouldn't move him for any less than a 3rd rounder. If we can't get that for him, might as well just keep him. He can be a useful tool on the power-play.

Lebowski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 11:58 AM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix60 View Post

For Kabs, I'd look for a 2nd rounder if he keeps producing at a 40+ points pace. I however don't know if the Wings own a 2nd rounder for the 2013 draft.
We do, but I don't think we would do that. Kaberle doesn't fill a need, esp. long-term.

Quote:
If Markov plays up to his standards, I'd want a legit blue-chiper coming our way and probably a 1st rounder. Not all the informed about the Wings prospects though. Nyqvist seems to be their best prospect..?
Smith is better but he would be more of a sideways move. Too much imo.

Quote:
For Weber, I wouldn't move him for any less than a 3rd rounder. If we can't get that for him, might as well just keep him. He can be a useful tool on the power-play.
He wouldn't fill a need, either.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 01:09 PM
Lebowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
We do, but I don't think we would do that. Kaberle doesn't fill a need, esp. long-term.

Smith is better but he would be more of a sideways move. Too much imo.

He wouldn't fill a need, either.
I wouldn't consider Smith a prospect anymore, and I'm not sure the Wings are interested in moving him either. As for the too much... Markov "up to his standards" is a legit top 10 defenseman in the league. If the Wings are still serious about making the playoffs at the trade deadline, I don't think A blue-chip prospect and a first is too much, especially when you look at what guys like Paul effin' Gaustad got at the deadline last season.

Then again, if you're looking for a "long-term" move, the Habs are not a good trading partner. We would probably try to unload veterans rather than prospects.

Lebowski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 01:16 PM
rockinghockey

I don't understand where they get that MON has a lot of dmen, they might have dmen but not top 4 dmen available in a trade. Every team could use another top 4 dman.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote