HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Senators Prospects 2012-2013 Season

Closed Thread

Old
09-28-2012, 01:14 PM
derriko

vCash: 4116
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post
In other news Kadri is Byfulglien fat!
http://www.tsn.ca/toronto/blogs/jonas_siegel/?id=406292

Thats incredibly funny....so much for Gary Roberts. Kadri is really gonna feel the wrath of the fans this year.

Old
09-28-2012, 01:53 PM
R2010

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post

Thats incredibly funny....so much for Gary Roberts. Kadri is really gonna feel the wrath of the fans this year.
Meanwhile Jared Cowen could eat half of the marlies

Old
09-28-2012, 02:04 PM
Samsquanch
Creep

Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post

Whats even more funny are Kadri's own comments, he's pretty much okay with the whole situation. I acknowledge some people get it faster than others, but you can only get away with the "but Im still a kid" excuse for so long before you have to man up and do whats right. It's embarrasing to hear his excuses, such as being a "picky eater" .

I would be very curious to hear what Gary Roberts comments on him will be, luckily we'll almost surely hear something now in light of these comments from Eakins.

Anyone want to take a guess at who is the most out of shape prospect of ours (must be a top 15 prospect)? Do they normally publish this info?

Old
09-28-2012, 02:05 PM
JonnyMacSen
Divide and Conacher

hehe...And I just saw a clip of him yesterday on TSN claiming how hard he's worked this summer

Old
09-28-2012, 05:13 PM
playasRus

Chubby doesn't mean out of shape though. I mean I know it quotes that in his wave he did poorly vs. D'Amigo and whoever but look at Ovie, people always mention how he's fat but he's still a beast and far from out of shape.

Old
09-28-2012, 06:05 PM
Icelevel
little bit better

not that i like what i've seen from kadri at all so far(on or off ice), but they sure don't seem to be helping him look any better. As if they are trying to tear him down to a failure before he starts. maybe it's a big test? glad we don't see that kind of thing here.

Old
09-28-2012, 07:02 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

vCash: 563
Man, the more and more I watch Ceci, his game reminds me so much of Lidstrom's. A very cerebral player that isn't overly physical, but plays his angles and man positionally very well. Underrated defensively and has an absolute cannon of a shot on the point.

Looks like a top 4 defenceman for sure. He will look nice potentially beside Cowen one day.

Old
09-28-2012, 08:00 PM
mianjo

Puempel 1g 1a
Ceci 1a

Old
09-28-2012, 08:48 PM
Icelevel
little bit better

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post
Man, the more and more I watch Ceci, his game reminds me so much of Lidstrom's. A very cerebral player that isn't overly physical, but plays his angles and man positionally very well. Underrated defensively and has an absolute cannon of a shot on the point.

Looks like a top 4 defenceman for sure. He will look nice potentially beside Cowen one day.
is ceci not prone to lapses in judgement? i don't know. i haven't seen him enough. that's just the impression i was getting.

Old
09-28-2012, 10:44 PM
starling

Chris Driedger had 34 saves in a 4-1 win against Edmonton, last year WHL champions.
3W, 1.33GAA, 0.956 SV% after 3 games so far.

Last edited by starling: 09-28-2012 at 10:58 PM.
Old
09-28-2012, 11:16 PM
derriko

vCash: 4116
Quote:
Originally Posted by starling View Post
Chris Driedger had 34 saves in a 4-1 win against Edmonton, last year WHL champions.
3W, 1.33GAA, 0.956 SV% after 3 games so far.
Hmm, Im gonna have to try and see him this year, though I know close to nothing about goalies.

Old
09-29-2012, 07:54 PM
HarveySpecter

Brassard got his second shutout of the season.

Old
09-29-2012, 09:27 PM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelevel View Post
is ceci not prone to lapses in judgement? i don't know. i haven't seen him enough. that's just the impression i was getting.
He's just inconsistent.

IMO, he's actually better defensively than he is offensively. Two years ago he was known as a defensive Defenceman

Old
09-30-2012, 07:17 AM
StikTBo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intangibles View Post
Brassard got his second shutout of the season.
I was at the game. I'm wondering if Brassard is going to have his stats inflated because of the team he's playing for à la Brian Elliott last year. I mean, he was pretty good on a few occasions when he had to and seems to read the play well to position himself. I still can't deny it's his second consecutive shutout (in 3 games) and he looked pretty solid. He's also got an assist on the 4th goal which was a pretty sweet transition.

Grigo seemed awfully weak on faceoffs. Nick Sorensen has a great vision on the powerplay. He's not the one controlling the puck but he makes stuff happen. Erne looked invisible and I was a little bit dissapointed in Duclair. He lost control of most of his passes from Grigorenko and wasn't really a checking force.

Old
09-30-2012, 08:06 AM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StikTBo View Post
I was at the game. I'm wondering if Brassard is going to have his stats inflated because of the team he's playing for à la Brian Elliott last year. I mean, he was pretty good on a few occasions when he had to and seems to read the play well to position himself. I still can't deny it's his second consecutive shutout (in 3 games) and he looked pretty solid. He's also got an assist on the 4th goal which was a pretty sweet transition.

Grigo seemed awfully weak on faceoffs. Nick Sorensen has a great vision on the powerplay. He's not the one controlling the puck but he makes stuff happen. Erne looked invisible and I was a little bit dissapointed in Duclair. He lost control of most of his passes from Grigorenko and wasn't really a checking force.
Brassard has been great so far, especially in the previous 2 games where Baie-Comeau and Chicoutimi had numerous scoring chances. Of course, his stats are going to be inflated a bit by the team he plays on, like every other goalie, but save % tells a lot about a goalie. Louis Domingue who was Quebec starter at 18, on a really good team, only had a 0.898 save%. Look at Fucale, he's on the best team in the league, considered a first rounder in the next draft and his save% is at 0.865 in 4 games. Brassard really deserves his 0.949 save%. However, you watched a game against the team who's going to finish last or second last... a team who has scored 4 goals in 5 games. Of course, Brassard is going to have it easy against a team like that.

Old
09-30-2012, 09:05 AM
StikTBo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
Brassard has been great so far, especially in the previous 2 games where Baie-Comeau and Chicoutimi had numerous scoring chances. Of course, his stats are going to be inflated a bit by the team he plays on, like every other goalie, but save % tells a lot about a goalie. Louis Domingue who was Quebec starter at 18, on a really good team, only had a 0.898 save%. Look at Fucale, he's on the best team in the league, considered a first rounder in the next draft and his save% is at 0.865 in 4 games. Brassard really deserves his 0.949 save%. However, you watched a game against the team who's going to finish last or second last... a team who has scored 4 goals in 5 games. Of course, Brassard is going to have it easy against a team like that.
Oh yeah, no doubt about it. I would even argue that it's harder to keep a high sv% when the opposing team has relatively low amount of shots on goal because you have to stay focused even when rarely challenged.

I don't have high hopes for Sherbrooke this year. I just hope people are going to support the team despite having a very poor product on the ice for the first few years. Junior hockey is better than no hockey at all.

Old
09-30-2012, 09:25 AM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StikTBo View Post
Oh yeah, no doubt about it. I would even argue that it's harder to keep a high sv% when the opposing team has relatively low amount of shots on goal because you have to stay focused even when rarely challenged.

I don't have high hopes for Sherbrooke this year. I just hope people are going to support the team despite having a very poor product on the ice for the first few years. Junior hockey is better than no hockey at all.
Still don't understand why they didn't take Lewiston instead of starting over...

Old
09-30-2012, 10:27 AM
StikTBo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
Still don't understand why they didn't take Lewiston instead of starting over...
I know the arena wasn't ready last year but I don't know why they couldn't have the team in Lewiston one more year.

Old
09-30-2012, 01:59 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

vCash: 2391
Wikstrand's tied for top junior scorer in SEL2 with Filip Forsberg.

Forsberg's Leskands IF played Wikstrand's Mora IK yesterday, with Mora winning 3-2 in the shootout. Wikstrand was on the ice for three goals, including both of Mora's PP goals and the Leksands PP goal. Forsberg had gotten the tripping call that led to Mora's 1st goal but wasn't on the ice for any of the other goals.

09-30-2012, 02:52 PM
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala

vCash: 10639
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
Wikstrand's tied for top junior scorer in SEL2 with Filip Forsberg.

Forsberg's Leskands IF played Wikstrand's Mora IK yesterday, with Mora winning 3-2 in the shootout. Wikstrand was on the ice for three goals, including both of Mora's PP goals and the Leksands PP goal. Forsberg had gotten the tripping call that led to Mora's 1st goal but wasn't on the ice for any of the other goals.
Beginning to think this guy will be a steal for the Sens

Old
09-30-2012, 03:20 PM
Sens Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat_sens View Post
Beginning to think this guy will be a steal for the Sens
I assume you though Petersson was a steal as well

Old
09-30-2012, 03:26 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

vCash: 2391
Wikstrand's got a ways to go. He's not playing against the top Swedish men's teams, and one of his assists was bogus (as in, he didn't even touch the puck that shift). Needs to get more consistent defensively, especially when it comes to remaining square to the shooter on shot blocks.

Old
09-30-2012, 03:27 PM
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala

vCash: 10639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens Mile View Post
I assume you though Petersson was a steal as well
Why would you assume that? There's quite a big difference between him and Wikstrand. Never been high on Petersson because of his size.

Old
09-30-2012, 03:32 PM
Sens Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat_sens View Post
Why would you assume that? There's quite a big difference between him and Wikstrand. Never been high on Petersson because of his size.
Just our second swede that was undersized and potentially became way too hyped

Old
09-30-2012, 06:27 PM
Ouroboros

vCash: 50
Isn't Vikstrand 6'2"? I guess that's undersized for a shooting guard, but pretty much on point for an NHL defenseman.

Closed Thread