HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Is Tyutin-Nikitin the new Garrison -Weaver?

Old
09-30-2012, 02:42 AM
gsharpe

vCash: 500
Is Tyutin-Nikitin the new Garrison -Weaver?

Ive been reading lately (Trades section) that Tyutin-Nikitin were advanced statistically very good last year. A few years ago Garrison-Weaver were also similarly touted.

What other middle pairings on really bad teams have existed in the past?

Ps. Sorry about not actually providing the statistics. They're not really my thing but its a lockout.

gsharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2012, 08:44 AM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Most underrated pairing last season perhaps. Their advanced stats were saying that was probably the 3rd best pairing in the league IIRC... Still, that was a small sample size on the other hand. Can't say much more for the moment, posting from my cell phone.

Yashintangibles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2012, 11:02 AM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

Advanced statistically, they're pretty good.

Guru Meditation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2012, 01:23 PM
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps

Tyutin's always been good. to this day I don't understand why the Rangers were willing to part with him.

billybudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2012, 01:30 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybudd View Post
Tyutin's always been good. to this day I don't understand why the Rangers were willing to part with him.
In hindsight, he was deemed an expandable piece with the emergence of Staal and Girardi along with the drafting of Sanguinetti and Del Zotto. The other main piece in the trade was Zherdev, who was thought of a game-breaking talent that just needed to get out of Columbus. Sounds pretty familiar.......

I was pretty ecstatic that we got Zherdev at the time of the trade since our forward core was depleted with the departure of Jagr.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2012, 02:50 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybudd View Post
For the same reason that Doug MacLean (and Doug MacLean alone) wanted Zherdev over Suter, Phaneuf, and Coburn: there's something tantalizing about unbelievable talent in a kid who doesn't have his head screwed on straight.

Every GM wants to act like the white knight girl who dates nothing but losers. Because SHE can change them, and HE can make that lazy floater turn into the 7th Sutter brother.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote