HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto - Montreal

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-30-2012, 05:06 PM
  #26
theboss*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whydidijoin View Post
Because he couldn't crack a terrible Montreal top-6.
A top six that made that made the playoffs. What are you trying to prove?

theboss* is offline  
Old
09-30-2012, 05:06 PM
  #27
poetryinmotion
Registered User
 
poetryinmotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whydidijoin View Post
He was not "destroying" the AHL. He had 32 points in 27 games.

That was when he was given his 3rd significant chance in the NHL, and he was able to stick by pacing 53 points in less than half of a season.

Nice try.

I'm not sure what you're trying to prove here anyway. Don't care what you think about Pacioretty. We are not trading Kulemin for your garbage. Period.

P.S. You're*
We're not trying to prove anything, no idea why someone thought bringing up Pacioretty in this thread was a good idea, he's >>>>>>> Kulemin and that is the end of that. Should Kulemin start the season with more underwhelming results, watch Leafs fans try to literally give him away.

poetryinmotion is offline  
Old
09-30-2012, 05:08 PM
  #28
Whydidijoin*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,812
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss View Post
A top six that made that made the playoffs. What are you trying to prove?
No, a team that made the playoffs despite their terrible top-6.

I'm trying to prove that you shouldn't laugh at our players you obviously know nothing about, especially when you are criticizing them for the very same situation your star player is in.

Whydidijoin* is offline  
Old
09-30-2012, 05:10 PM
  #29
poetryinmotion
Registered User
 
poetryinmotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whydidijoin View Post
No, a team that made the playoffs despite their terrible top-6.

I'm trying to prove that you shouldn't laugh at our players you obviously know nothing about, especially when you are criticizing them for the very same situation your star player is in.
Who are you talking about?... PLEASE don't tell me you think Pacioretty is in the same situation as Kulie.

poetryinmotion is offline  
Old
09-30-2012, 05:10 PM
  #30
Whydidijoin*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,812
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
We're not trying to prove anything, no idea why someone thought bringing up Pacioretty in this thread was a good idea, he's >>>>>>> Kulemin and that is the end of that. Should Kulemin start the season with more underwhelming results, watch Leafs fans try to literally give him away.
You can think whatever you want. Kulemin is better defensively, and has proven about the same offensively. You want to think Pacioretty is god, great, do it in a thread about Pacioretty. We are not trading Kulemin for your garbage. No sane Leaf fan would try to give Kulemin away, even if he plays like he did last year. Shows how little you know about him.

Whydidijoin* is offline  
Old
09-30-2012, 05:11 PM
  #31
theboss*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whydidijoin View Post
You can think whatever you want. Kulemin is better defensively, and has proven about the same offensively. You want to think Pacioretty is god, great, do it in a thread about Pacioretty. We are not trading Kulemin for your garbage. No sane Leaf fan would try to give Kulemin away, even if he plays like he did last year. Shows how little you know about him.
Okay goood u keep him. I dont want him anywhere near the habs

theboss* is offline  
Old
09-30-2012, 05:12 PM
  #32
poetryinmotion
Registered User
 
poetryinmotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whydidijoin View Post
You can think whatever you want. Kulemin is better defensively, and has proven about the same offensively. You want to think Pacioretty is god, great, do it in a thread about Pacioretty. We are not trading Kulemin for your garbage. No sane Leaf fan would try to give Kulemin away, even if he plays like he did last year. Shows how little you know about him.
Shows how little you know about your own fanbase. Anyway like I said, he's your problem, and should he have an other season like last year he is going to get eaten alive.

poetryinmotion is offline  
Old
09-30-2012, 05:18 PM
  #33
The Chiddler
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Shows how little you know about your own fanbase. Anyway like I said, he's your problem, and should he have an other season like last year he is going to get eaten alive.
Well I'm a leaf fan and I'd never trade Kulimen for what was offered in this thread. It's pretty obvious how little you know about Kulimen if you think he's a problem.

Anyone that said Bourque for Kulimen would be a fair trade also has no idea what they're talking about, I'd call Bourque a problem.

The Chiddler is offline  
Old
09-30-2012, 05:22 PM
  #34
poetryinmotion
Registered User
 
poetryinmotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chiddler View Post
Well I'm a leaf fan and I'd never trade Kulimen for what was offered in this thread. It's pretty obvious how little you know about Kulimen if you think he's a problem.

Anyone that said Bourque for Kulimen would be a fair trade also has no idea what they're talking about, I'd call Bourque a problem.
Bourque gets a pass so far because he was thrown into a sinking ship, different circumstances. I'd take him over Kulemin right now.

poetryinmotion is offline  
Old
09-30-2012, 05:23 PM
  #35
Frozenice
the random dude
 
Frozenice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss View Post
Okay goood u keep him. I dont want him anywhere near the habs
Well I do.

The problem is Montreal doesn't have anything much to trade with, Emelin and Leblanc are probably the only players we have that are equal value to Kulemin and we need both of those guys. Making a trade with them just leaves a hole somewhere else kind of trade.

I am surprised Toronto didn't want Diaz or Gallagher, especially Diaz now that Schenn is gone.


---------------

Pacioretty isn't available if we are talking about acquiring Kulemin, so who cares?

Frozenice is online now  
Old
09-30-2012, 05:26 PM
  #36
theboss*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Well I do.

The problem is Montreal doesn't have anything much to trade with, Emelin and Leblanc are probably the only players we have that are equal value to Kulemin and we need both of those guys. Making a trade with them just leaves a hole somewhere else kind of trade.

I am surprised Toronto didn't want Diaz or Gallagher, especially Diaz now that Schenn is gone.


---------------

Pacioretty isn't available if we are talking about acquiring Kulemin, so who cares?
Well I dont want kulemin. I rather draft our own winger or sign one.

theboss* is offline  
Old
09-30-2012, 05:27 PM
  #37
Whydidijoin*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,812
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by x74Pacioretty74x View Post
We actually have a bigger team than the leafs. Thanks for coming out.
Actually, no you don't. Thanks for coming out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
I am surprised Toronto didn't want Diaz or Gallagher, especially Diaz now that Schenn is gone.
We have more than enough defencemen and defensive prospects, even with Schenn gone. If we are trading Kulemin, it is only for a clear upgrade, plain and simple.

Whydidijoin* is offline  
Old
09-30-2012, 05:27 PM
  #38
theboss*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whydidijoin View Post
Damn man relax. Its not that funny the habs have a bigger team than leafs. Actually it is not even funny at all

theboss* is offline  
Old
09-30-2012, 05:28 PM
  #39
Kulemon
Registered User
 
Kulemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,412
vCash: 500
Kuli will probably end up as a 20G 45-50P player that is great defensively.

He's not going anywhere hopefully.

Kulemon is offline  
Old
09-30-2012, 05:29 PM
  #40
poetryinmotion
Registered User
 
poetryinmotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss View Post
Well I dont want kulemin. I rather draft our own winger or sign one.
Well I get where the trade idea is coming from - buy low and he can still go back to scoring 20+ if we're lucky. But seriously, I'd rather bring back Andrei Kostitsyn than take a chance on acquiring a reclamation project, either that or we trade Bourque straight up for him, but can't have both on our second line.

poetryinmotion is offline  
Old
09-30-2012, 05:30 PM
  #41
Whydidijoin*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,812
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss View Post
Damn man relax. Its not that funny the habs have a bigger team than leafs. Actually it is not even funny at all
It's pretty hard to lie when team rosters are posted online. Nice try.

Whydidijoin* is offline  
Old
09-30-2012, 05:31 PM
  #42
poetryinmotion
Registered User
 
poetryinmotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whydidijoin View Post
It's pretty hard to lie when team rosters are posted online. Nice try.
Exactly. He ain't lying.

poetryinmotion is offline  
Old
09-30-2012, 05:36 PM
  #43
Frozenice
the random dude
 
Frozenice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulemon View Post
Kuli will probably end up as a 20G 45-50P player that is great defensively.

He's not going anywhere hopefully.
Where and who do you see Kulemin playing with, assuming Kadri makes the Top 6 of your roster this year?

Frozenice is online now  
Old
09-30-2012, 05:36 PM
  #44
Mystifo
Lol Doodle.
 
Mystifo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: YYT
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss View Post
Well I dont want kulemin. I rather draft our own winger or sign one.
Well then we are in agreement you can go out and sign your own player and we will keep ours and everything can be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Well I do.

The problem is Montreal doesn't have anything much to trade with, Emelin and Leblanc are probably the only players we have that are equal value to Kulemin and we need both of those guys. Making a trade with them just leaves a hole somewhere else kind of trade.

I am surprised Toronto didn't want Diaz or Gallagher, especially Diaz now that Schenn is gone.


---------------

Pacioretty isn't available if we are talking about acquiring Kulemin, so who cares?
Well we have defensive guy in Holzer already and on top of that we really are not looking to add anymore to our system in general. I mean with...


- Finn
- Percy
- Rielly
- Granberg (A meaner carl Gunnarsson.)
- Blacker

As for Gallagher I don't know much about him but from what I have seen he seems to be another small winger. Again we have a glut of them as well.


It is interesting it is just in the end with Kuli we know if he returns to form we have a offensive threat but if he does not we still have a great third liner who can play a great defensive game.

We are pretty full as is so trading Kuli for Diaz makes no sense.

Mystifo is offline  
Old
09-30-2012, 05:38 PM
  #45
Whydidijoin*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,812
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Where and who do you see Kulemin playing with, assuming Kadri makes the Top 6 of your roster this year?
Kadri making the roster right out of the bat is far from a guarantee. In fact, I think a lot of it has to do with whether the lockout ends and the season starts before Frattin comes back from his injury.

It depends which Kulemin we get this year. The one from last year or the one from 2 years ago. I think he will be given a shot on the 2nd line, and if we have the Kulemin from 2 years ago, he will stay there. If we have the Kulemin from last year, he will be on the 3rd line.

Either way, he is a very important part of our team.

Whydidijoin* is offline  
Old
09-30-2012, 05:40 PM
  #46
The Chiddler
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Bourque gets a pass so far because he was thrown into a sinking ship, different circumstances. I'd take him over Kulemin right now.
You never heard of him before he was traded to the habs? There was once a time that I liked Bourque, but he's been one of the laziest players on the flames for the last 3 years. If you'd rather take a chance on a lazy 31 year old player who's most productive season is 1 point higher then the 26 year old hard working player, then I guess that's up to you, but don't try to ridicule me for thinking differently.

The Bourque you saw last year just might be the real Bourque, I know it's an unpleasant thought, but I didn't really like the trade for you guys to begin with anyway. The ship he was thrown from was sinking pretty good too, if you remember.

Obviously Patches is better and younger than Kulemin, there's really only one guy trying to argue that he isn't.


Last edited by spiny norman: 09-30-2012 at 06:27 PM. Reason: don't need this
The Chiddler is offline  
Old
09-30-2012, 05:44 PM
  #47
poetryinmotion
Registered User
 
poetryinmotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chiddler View Post
You never heard of him before he was traded to the habs? There was once a time that I liked Bourque, but he's been one of the laziest players on the flames for the last 3 years. If you'd rather take a chance on a lazy 31 year old player who's most productive season is 1 point higher then the 26 year old hard working player, then I guess that's up to you, but don't try to ridicule me for thinking differently.

The Bourque you saw last year just might be the real Bourque, I know it's an unpleasant thought, but I didn't really like the trade for you guys to begin with anyway. The ship he was thrown from was sinking pretty good too, if you remember.

Obviously Patches is better and younger than Kulemin, there's really only one guy trying to argue that he isn't.
Can't disagree with anything you wrote. I really hope that the Bourque from last year isn't the "real" one as you say. It's also not just the fact that he was thrown into an unfortunate scenario but, like you say in your opening, I prefer to give him a clean slate anot not ponder on what he did as a Flame. It's pretty much a wash between them right now in my opinion.


Last edited by spiny norman: 09-30-2012 at 06:28 PM. Reason: quoted post has been edited
poetryinmotion is offline  
Old
09-30-2012, 05:46 PM
  #48
poetryinmotion
Registered User
 
poetryinmotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whydidijoin View Post
Look, I don't think either of us are standing next to both team's rosters at this very second with a measuring tape and scale. So I'm not sure what you're looking for. If there is bias in the posted measurements, it is reasonable to assume there is equal bias over the 25-or-so man rosters.

Those rosters are the best proof you are going to get.

Accept defeat and move on, because this is all irrelevant to the topic.
I will move on but won't accept defeat. Read the link I edited my post with, even one of your best and most knowledgeable posters agrees.

poetryinmotion is offline  
Old
09-30-2012, 05:46 PM
  #49
Whydidijoin*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,812
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chiddler View Post
Obviously Patches is better and younger than Kulemin, there's really only one guy trying to argue that he isn't.
I never said Kulemin is better. I didn't even say Pacioretty isn't better. But it is far from proven either way. At this point in time, neither has proven more than the other offensively, and Kulemin has proven more defensively.

At the very least, it is not Pacioretty >>>>>>>>> Kulemin.

My main point in all of this is not to bash Kulemin for only one good year and then turn around and pump up a player that has had one good year. Hypocrites get nowhere.


Last edited by spiny norman: 09-30-2012 at 06:29 PM. Reason: quoted post has been edited, removed part referencing it
Whydidijoin* is offline  
Old
09-30-2012, 05:52 PM
  #50
Whydidijoin*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,812
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss View Post
You got players who dont play on a regular basis for the leafs like colton orr and kadri who play in the ahl
Then take those away. Seriously.

Our smallest is bigger than your smallest. Our biggest is bigger than your biggest. In both height and weight. We have more over 6 feet.

Good god. This is pretty freaking simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
I will move on but won't accept defeat. Read the link I edited my post with, even one of your best and most knowledgeable posters agrees.
Yeah, one biased guy, only analyzing one of the teams, out of context, talking really about none of the things being talked about here. You sure showed us!


Whydidijoin* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.