HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Top 6 Center to Anaheim

Old
09-30-2012, 11:16 PM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
How about this then.....

To Columbus: Hemsky

To Anaheim: Gagner

To Edmonton: Johansen and the package listed above

wait for it......

wait for it......

All joking aside, Hemsky would be a nice pickup for your club.
Not with his injury history and that contract.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2012, 11:18 PM
Mrb1p

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanPahlsson View Post
I see where you're coming from, but trading Holland+ for Brassard almost seems like a lateral move. The 'WAR' of Brassard over Holland isn't that much to consider, especially when you add in whatever the plus is. If it's a pick (3, 4, 5), the value between Holland and that pick will exceed that of Brassard in a few years (considering how well the Ducks draft). The Ducks can afford to wait if that's the offer.

And Pevs is more of a 3C IMO, although I don't watch a lot of Bruins. Unless Bonino moves into the 2C role, I don't think a move to acquire Pevs makes a lot of sense for the 4th line.

I understand.

But Pev's look's like a hell of a pick-up for you. He's a 2B/3A He'd be a good stop gap until Holland can take over, then you can shift him to the wing and he'd still contribute well. Getzlaf-Peverley-Koivu is a good center lineup.. Nothing fancy ala Pittsburg... But still pretty good when you consider Getzlaf being elite and the two other being 2B..

Now what would it take ?? No idea.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2012, 11:24 PM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
In this particular case it's that I don't feel like debating something that is coming second hand, and in this particular case, coming from a place that I detest(Anaheim Calling). So, I'll just drop it and thread ignore.
To give some perspective, Anaheim Calling is an SBNation editorial site that...at times is decent enough and they do their research, but their opinion pieces resemble the ramblings of a 2-3 year veteran fan. They've held some pretty ridiculous opinions and as a result fans find it hard to take them seriously.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 02:27 AM
Iceonfire

Quote:
How about this then.....

To Edmonton: Johansen and the package listed above

wait for it......

wait for it......

I was thinking of Gagner to Anaheim. Cogs would love that. But if we couldn't get a center back Horc would be back in the top 6

Iceonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 02:29 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Not with his injury history and that contract.
It's an inside joke that I have running with Viqsi. Oilers fans continually tried to see what the BJ's would take back for Johansen and BJ's fans grew very tired of it. Hemsky doesn't get you Johansen period.

10-01-2012, 02:45 AM
Iceonfire

Quote:
It's an inside joke that I have running with Viqsi. Oilers fans continually tried to see what the BJ's would take back for Johansen and BJ's fans grew very tired of it. Hemsky doesn't get you Johansen period.
"The value of Ryan Johansen is Jordan Eberle" lol

Iceonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 02:59 AM
DavidBL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
I understand.

But Pev's look's like a hell of a pick-up for you. He's a 2B/3A He'd be a good stop gap until Holland can take over, then you can shift him to the wing and he'd still contribute well. Getzlaf-Peverley-Koivu is a good center lineup.. Nothing fancy ala Pittsburg... But still pretty good when you consider Getzlaf being elite and the two other being 2B..

Now what would it take ?? No idea.
I actually like Pev's a lot and he has even played 1C in Atlanta and at times in Boston When Krejci is hurt. He's a solid 2 way player and has enough offense to make it work. But I don't think Anaheim spends assets on a stop gap. If they wanted that they would have signed a center in FA there were a few that signed for decent deals that we could have afforded. IMO we either Pony up real assets and get a established 1B center or solid 2C. IE a player like Pleks or Stastny. If we don't do that we sit tight and allow our prospects to grow into the 2C role.

On another note, I think it is a very real possibility Selanne plays 3rd line minutes next year. Personally I felt that his level of play was declining near the end of the year and it makes me question if he can play 100% for 82 games and reduced even strength time along with his PP could help keep him fresh near the end of the year.

I also seem to recall Palmieri not working well on the left side, I could swear in previous call ups he played on the top line with the twins and looked lost. I also didn't think he started showing promise till Perry went out and he got to play RW with skilled linemates. Just a quick observation though. I still think I would rather have DSP playing 1LW rather than Palmieri. This would yield a line up like this:
DSP-Getzlaf-Perry
Ryan-Bonino/Holland-Palmieri
Cogliano-Koivu-Selanne
Baleskey-McMillan/Bonino-Winnik With Stabitz taking Baleskey's spot when they decide they need more muscle.

DavidBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 03:14 AM
Elvs

Quote:
If they wanted that they would have signed a center in FA there were a few that signed for decent deals that we could have afforded.
Jokinen was the only 2nd line center on the market. The best FA centers behind him were veterans such as Arnott and Langkow and they are still out there. I think it's evident they are going with what we have to begin with. If Holland isn't ready or Bonino can't do the job, maybe Arnott or Langkow will be signed then.. or if a trade is coming it should be then.

Adding a young top six center like Brassard or Zajac makes little sense, unless you sent Holland the other way. If you trade Palmieri for a young 2nd line center you'r not just losing a good prospect in Palmieri, you're also derailing any chance for Holland to stick.

If anything, they should be going for a veteran center who won't be in the plan long terms. Preferely someone who can play wing if Holland proves ready soon. Peverley at least makes more in sense that regard.

Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 03:46 AM
DavidBL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvstrand View Post
Jokinen was the only 2nd line center on the market. The best FA centers behind him were veterans such as Arnott and Langkow and they are still out there. I think it's evident they are going with what we have to begin with. If Holland isn't ready or Bonino can't do the job, maybe Arnott or Langkow will be signed then.. or if a trade is coming it should be then.
Stoll and Wellwood could also have been servicable centers and been better options than Langkow or Arnott. My point was more that unless we get a sizable upgrade to Bonino/Holland there really isn't a point to trade for them as Bonino can arguably handle split minutes with Koivu already.

Quote:
Adding a young top six center like Brassard or Zajac makes little sense, unless you sent Holland the other way. If you trade Palmieri for a young 2nd line center you'r not just losing a good prospect in Palmieri, you're also derailing any chance for Holland to stick.
I agree wholeheartedly.

Quote:
If anything, they should be going for a veteran center who won't be in the plan long terms. Preferely someone who can play wing if Holland proves ready soon. Peverley at least makes more in sense that regard.
I agree that Peverly makes more sense, but I don't see Boston parting with him for anything we have or are willing to give for him. Personally I don't like the idea of a stopgap. It is like putting a band-aid on a wound that needs stitches. Either we give the kids a chance to do it or we go get a known asset that we know can handle it well and we can get long term. Most likely parting with a prospect center in the process. Worst case scenario is Koivu gets the 2C job back and we sign a veteran center for 3/4 C.

DavidBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 04:38 AM
Paul4587

Peverley would be an ideal stopgap, he can play any role and position and averages 47 points per 82 games played since coming into the league. The problem is, Boston won't want to move him unless there's an overpayment going the other way.

As for DSP playing on the top line, the guy has 7 goals in 49 NHL games. Right now he doesn't have the offensive ability and puck skills to play the cycling game Getzlaf and Perry employ, especially when you factor in that he will be playing against other teams top defensive pairings. I have no idea if Palmieri will work there or not but there's no denying his natural finishing ability and he started showing a real willingness to go to the dirty areas in his last call up. I think how the young guys fare in Norfolk while the NHL is locked out may help the coaching staff in deciding who can potentially play where when the NHL is back. The lockout completely sucks but I think Anaheim is one of the teams that is going to benefit greatly from it if it goes on as long as many are predicting (that's assuming no issues with getting Getzlaf and Perry signed).

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 12:52 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
How about this then.....

To Edmonton: Joha-

Quote:
He'd be nice to have, to be sure, but trading for him is probably still not a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceonfire View Post
"The value of Ryan Johansen is Jordan Eberle" lol
Price for. Not value of. Price for.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 02:26 PM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBL View Post
I also seem to recall Palmieri not working well on the left side, I could swear in previous call ups he played on the top line with the twins and looked lost. I also didn't think he started showing promise till Perry went out and he got to play RW with skilled linemates. Just a quick observation though. I still think I would rather have DSP playing 1LW rather than Palmieri. This would yield a line up like this:
DSP-Getzlaf-Perry
Ryan-Bonino/Holland-Palmieri
Cogliano-Koivu-Selanne
Baleskey-McMillan/Bonino-Winnik With Stabitz taking Baleskey's spot when they decide they need more muscle.
When he played on the top line Perry switched to LW.

Sean Garrity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Suddenly7

Would it be possible to get Eller or Leblanc from Montreal in exchange for one of our prospects. I made a trade proposal a while back and remember seeing that Montreal has two great centers in the top 6. I'm wondering if they would be willing to give one of their best center prospects up. It would be a waste if you just use them to forecheck and kill penalties without giving them mins to become stars.

Suddenly7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 06:51 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanPahlsson View Post
The correlation between the two trades (Gardiner/Beauch and my Palmieri/Zajac one) is simply the NHL experience trade-off. I know that doesn't sound intriguing or anything, but you're trading away someone who hasn't shown a vast aptitude towards the NHL game for someone who has, and has had success at it. I think there's a net gain, because you also deliver Bobby Ryan his center, and open up a spot for Etem. And even then, it doesn't have to be Zajac, it could be any other center, but I know where you're coming from when you're hesitant to give up a top prospect for something that could be had with time (a bonafide 2C).

And I don't really see many similarities between Perry and Palmieri. They're both good on the puck, and both of their skating could use some work, but Perry doesn't back-off when he's met with resistance; he didn't pout when he used to get sent back to the AHL; and he (obviously) has much greater size than Palms. I personally don't see them as that similar, which actually speaks to Zippy316's point where he said I don't view Palmieri the same as the rest of the Ducks fans, which is true.
If you don't see similarities between Palmieri and Perry, you're just not looking. They are fairly obvious. Both have an agitation side to their game. They both have slick hands, and a good nose for the net. Both are willing to go to the dirty areas. Perry is, undeniably, the better talent but that's not the point. The similarities are there.

Your overall assessment of Palmieri seems to underrate him severely, if you're not dismissing him entirely. How can you say Palmieri hasn't shown aptitude for the NHL? He's considered one of Anaheim's best prospects, has dominated the AHL, and looked quite good during his last call-up. All of this points to an NHL talent, and a pretty good one. The only thing Palmieri lacks, in this discussion, is the experience and that's something that will come in time.

You're opening up a spot for Etem, but giving up Palmieri to do it... a player who has proven more at the professional level(AHL and NHL), and is further along in his development than Etem. One of your arguments against Palmieri is experience. You don't see the issue with this? Especially when it may not even be needed? This sounds an awful lot like repeating past mistakes, only in this case, it could be worse, because the Ducks could have in-house solutions.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 12:36 AM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly7 View Post
Would it be possible to get Eller or Leblanc from Montreal in exchange for one of our prospects. I made a trade proposal a while back and remember seeing that Montreal has two great centers in the top 6. I'm wondering if they would be willing to give one of their best center prospects up. It would be a waste if you just use them to forecheck and kill penalties without giving them mins to become stars.
Neither of them are the answer as soon as next season, which would be the point of acquiring a 2nd line center IMO. Plus, why would Montreal give them up?

Sean Garrity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 09:54 AM
Suddenly7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Garrity View Post
Neither of them are the answer as soon as next season, which would be the point of acquiring a 2nd line center IMO. Plus, why would Montreal give them up?
They have two top centers at the moment but lack forwards and defense. They have a need to get some youth goal scorers on the team. Right now they are using both for forechecking on the third line and penalty kill. If they really want to ride out the rebuild then they have no reason to trade them.

Old
10-02-2012, 10:01 AM
Clipitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly7 View Post
They have two top centers at the moment but lack forwards and defense. They have a need to get some youth goal scorers on the team. Right now they are using both for forechecking on the third line and penalty kill. If they really want to ride out the rebuild then they have no reason to trade them.
Well, make a proposal then!

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 03:18 PM
Suddenly7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipitar View Post
Well, make a proposal then!
I did! Turns out Montreal fans don't want to let them go. Waste of potential!