HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NFL Thread VI: Andre Brown Edition

Closed Thread

Old
09-30-2012, 11:26 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Not sure why we didnt use bennett and brown.

And what barden did was stupid bur why were we throwing down field just stupid.

Old
09-30-2012, 11:28 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
Look at what Arizona did to both New England and Philly. That's a good D. What we have..is a joke.

Where's Tuck? Where's Osi? For crying out loud, Blackburn was the only one who got a sack on Vick!
You lost all credibility when you said a good defense doesn't give up points. I suggest you learn the game.

Old
09-30-2012, 11:29 PM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
What Arizona did to New England was allow 18 points. We allowed 19. Our offense didn't look too hot today.

09-30-2012, 11:32 PM
30theking

the defense could have played alot worse the way they were giving big chunks of yards up to jackson and mccoy, the two guys that always kill them, but they were able to step up and hold them to field goals and keep the game within reach. again that eli pick was crushing and deflating especially after converting on a huge 4th down with that pass to cruz. you just cannot throw a pick when your in the redzone. that is just unacceptable.

Old
09-30-2012, 11:32 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
You lost all credibility when you said a good defense doesn't give up points. I suggest you learn the game.

No, you're the one who believes in your little false dichotomy. Defenses don't freely let the opposition carve them up, especially against a turnover machine like Vick. The Browns, Ravens, and Cardinals made Vick do boneheaded plays or they sacked his ass. What did the Giants D do in this game that makes you want to hold your head up high; that they allowed over 170 yards rushing in the second half, that they had no answer for either Celek and Jackson?

Old
09-30-2012, 11:33 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
What Arizona did to New England was allow 18 points. We allowed 19. Our offense didn't look too hot today.

Problem is Arizona did that to New England; with Philly, they only allowed 6 points.

Old
09-30-2012, 11:37 PM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

The Giants D only allowed one TD. That's it. This game falls on the offense for basically being inept.

Old
09-30-2012, 11:41 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Not sure why we didnt use bennett and brown.

And what barden did was stupid bur why were we throwing down field just stupid.
I believe Bennett was blocking most of the game. The o-line needed help.

The lack of Brown is strange. He's the better runner against that aggressive d-line.

Old
09-30-2012, 11:42 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
The Giants D only allowed one TD. That's it. This game falls on the offense for basically being inept.
One TD and four field goals. Both McCoy and Vick were a non factor in the first half. Can't say the same about the second.

Old
09-30-2012, 11:46 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
No, you're the one who believes in your little false dichotomy. Defenses don't freely let the opposition carve them up, especially against a turnover machine like Vick. The Browns, Ravens, and Cardinals made Vick do boneheaded plays or they sacked his ass. What did the Giants D do in this game that makes you want to hold your head up high; that they allowed over 170 yards rushing in the second half, that they had no answer for either Celek and Jackson?
Actually, the Giants style of defense DOES allow points. It is a bend-but-don't-break system and should've worked tonight. We held them to FOUR FGs and a TD. Along with a goal line stand.

Again, I really suggest you learn the game. This type of defense is very successful during games like tonight. This game should've been won. The defense did its job.

Old
09-30-2012, 11:50 PM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
One TD and four field goals. Both McCoy and Vick were a non factor in the first half. Can't say the same about the second.
Which amounts to only 19 points. This team scored 38 last week and something in the 40's the week before.

McCoy and Vick, for all the work they put in, only managed 12 points in the 2nd half. I'd say the D did it's job. Nothing highlight worthy but they they kept them to a measly 12 points.

Losing Nicks really showed tonight and the absence of Brown reverted this offense back to its usual one dimensional self.

Old
09-30-2012, 11:51 PM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

Eli int hurt big time.

That's gotta be the worst final drive since Eli's rookie year. Constantly going down field.

Barden whored us twice. The drop & then the inexcusable penalty. If he just doesn't tackle 24, we run the ball the next play & most likely have a 38-44 yard fg, clock it & have a fg try everyone is prepared for.

The penalty ****ed everthing.

Either way, I feel like we were outcoached a bit which is rare. That gameplan on offense was such ********* that I'm utterly perplexed as to how we got to that.

Better win next week, it's murder every week after.

Fwiw that was Prince's best game as a Giant. He was physical. Wish they'd press him more.

We missed Rivers a ton here.

**** it. Still the champs.

Old
09-30-2012, 11:53 PM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

The real killer is how winnable this game was. It's going to be posted here to death but it holds so true. We can not afford to lose many more games this first half. This is as easy as it gets. Our 2nd half schedule is so dauntingly horribly.

Old
09-30-2012, 11:55 PM
30theking

even without nicks they couldve still won this game. i just dont understand that decision by eli. its still driving me crazy. i was so pumped when they converted on that 4th down. and then i just was crushed instantly when he threw that pick on the next play. you have to atleast run it on first down.

Old
09-30-2012, 11:58 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Actually, the Giants style of defense DOES allow points. It is a bend-but-don't-break system and should've worked tonight. We held them to FOUR FGs and a TD. Along with a goal line stand.

Again, I really suggest you learn the game. This type of defense is very successful during games like tonight. This game should've been won. The defense did its job.
Right, the same defense that routinely sends 4 pass rushers who can't do diddly-squat against the QB, where both Tuck and Osi are still invisible, a secondary that potentially gets shredded, and a defense that is up and down with containing the run.

Again, other teams made Vick look human, we turn him into a superstar. How many turnovers did we get against the Eagles?

Yeah..our defense is quite stellar...

Quote:
Which amounts to only 19 points. This team scored 38 last week and something in the 40's the week before.

McCoy and Vick, for all the work they put in, only managed 12 points in the 2nd half. I'd say the D did it's job. Nothing highlight worthy but they they kept them to a measly 12 points.

Losing Nicks really showed tonight and the absence of Brown reverted this offense back to its usual one dimensional self.
We were able to continuously get pressure on Newton and we made him uncomfortable in the pocket and we negated whatever running game they threw at us. We were doing that in the first half against Vick and McCoy.

Yeah, 57 yards of rushing isn't going to get it done.

Old
10-01-2012, 12:02 AM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

^ The Eagle weaknesses never show up against the Giants.

Pretty pathetic that the Eagles have been a turnover machine and not to come up with one lousy turnover.
They weren't even close either. No tip passes. No close to recovering a fumble.
Nada!

Old
10-01-2012, 12:02 AM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

All the pressure and discomfort they put on a QB is really just brownie points. It comes down to how many they gave up and the D didn't give up much. It's black and white in the regard. Eli didn't play particularly well and Ahmad Bradshaw needs to take a backseat. His injuries have reduced him to nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post

Pretty pathetic that the Eagles have been a turnover machine and not to come up with one lousy turnover.
Nada!
This right here angers me to death. The Eagles have to be on some record setting pace when it comes to turnovers and just as WE play them, they don't allow a single one. You can't make this **** up.

Old
10-01-2012, 12:05 AM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post

Nada!
Exactly, and the one sack was garbage to begin with because he knew he had no one to throw to and nowhere to go, so he just went down.

Old
10-01-2012, 12:06 AM
30theking

well i think the eagles just did a good job of protecting the ball. they knew this was a big game and they had to stop turning the ball over so much and they were able to prevent that from happening. gotta give them credit. vick was actually smart with the football.

Old
10-01-2012, 12:10 AM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
All the pressure and discomfort they put on a QB is really just brownie points. It comes down to how many they gave up and the D didn't give up much. It's black and white in the regard. Eli didn't play particularly well and Ahmad Bradshaw needs to take a backseat. His injuries have reduced him to nothing.

This right here angers me to death. The Eagles have to be on some record setting pace when it comes to turnovers and just as WE play them, they don't allow a single one. You can't make this **** up.
The Eagles have had 38 turnovers? (heard that on the radio) in the last 3 years.
So not only this year but for awhile they've been a turnover prone team.
I don't buy that they just happen to get their act together tonight. It's more of the Giants defense being inept.

They will start turning it over next week again.

Old
10-01-2012, 12:14 AM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Eli's redzone pick was also laughably dumb. Threw a floater into no man's land.

Old
10-01-2012, 01:18 AM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 3075
Quote:
Eli's redzone pick was also laughably dumb. Threw a floater into no man's land.
This. I'm no Giants fan, but since I have him on my fantasy team, that really pissed me off. What a terrible throw.

10-01-2012, 02:45 AM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

On the brighter side of things, has anyone else seen this game by Brian Hartline?

Holy ****. 12 receptions, 253 yards, 1 TD.

Old
10-01-2012, 09:03 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
On the brighter side of things, has anyone else seen this game by Brian Hartline?

Holy ****. 12 receptions, 253 yards, 1 TD.
yeah, and he's on my bench in fantasy . Right now I'm down by 17.3 points and I have the Bears D left tonight (so there's still some chance). If I had Hartline playing, I'd be winning by over 30.

Old
10-01-2012, 10:49 AM
JanErixon20

Quote:

I totally agree with this. This game falls on the offense.

It's one game, it happens. Just a tough one to take.

Closed Thread