HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Siegel: Kadri arrives at Marlies camp in 'unacceptable' shape

Closed Thread

Old
10-01-2012, 01:37 AM
The Beyonder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by diceman934 View Post
I'm not at all confused.....Eakins tossed Kadri under the bus. He was not happy that he went to workout with Roberts.....hence the rant.
I really didn't think he threw him under the bus, he just commented on Naz's progressing in camp with the fitness tests. He also defended Naz when the reporter said "he was out there against d'amgio, not quite as good". He also said he improved on the ice, and stated that, before his criticism of his body fat being in the bottom 3-5, he had more test to do. I thought Dallas was quite fair and constructive in his criticism of Naz. I don't know why we have to blow this out of proportion.

Old
10-01-2012, 07:17 AM
ACC1224

Any idea how Fatty's looked on the ice?

Old
10-01-2012, 07:28 AM
MajorityRules
Sior Gaisgeil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224 View Post
Any idea how Fatty's looked on the ice?
He's so fat he probably fell through it.

Old
10-01-2012, 08:08 AM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durkin67 View Post
Coach says his BF was unacceptable. That's all we know. You can add all the colourful descriptors and justifications you like. He called the tests "significant" and the results "unacceptable". Says the kid needs to learn how to eat. Thought thats part of what he paid Gary to teach him, at least in part.
Pretty much this. There's no other way to interpret DE's quote. But don't take it as bashing. It basically means that Kadri is expected to play on the big club. To be fit and ready for the jump to play pro. No one seems to understand that coach is supposed to give constructive criticism.

Old
10-01-2012, 08:10 AM
Durkin67
Leaf Opinionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beyonder View Post
I really didn't think he threw him under the bus, he just commented on Naz's progressing in camp with the fitness tests. He also defended Naz when the reporter said "he was out there against d'amgio, not quite as good". He also said he improved on the ice, and stated that, before his criticism of his body fat being in the bottom 3-5, he had more test to do. I thought Dallas was quite fair and constructive in his criticism of Naz. I don't know why we have to blow this out of proportion.
this.

Old
10-01-2012, 08:36 AM
achtungbaby

"If" Kadri was asked to do something by the organization and he didn't do it, it's "unacceptable". Simple as that. We can argue until the cows come home about how body fat % isn't important but if an employer asks an employee to do something and it doesn't get done, there are usually consequences.

People going out of their way to defend or to crucify the guy should take a deep breath and realize it was just a mild scolding.

Old
10-01-2012, 08:39 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Looks like this has been discussed as far as it can go.

/

Desjardins estimates that about 40% of the game is captured by Corsi analysis.
Closed Thread