HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Leaf fans: would you trade kadri for luongo?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-01-2012, 11:21 AM
  #76
Beville
#ForTheBoys
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Engerlanddd!
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 3,551
vCash: 500
You all seem to be over-rating Kadri...

No homo or nothing, but seriously... Kadri for Looooo? Easy choice there...

Beville is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 11:24 AM
  #77
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,745
vCash: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSimpson18 View Post
As an outsider, Kadri and Gunnarson for Luongo seems reasonable but favors TO slightly.

While it would be difficult to replace Gunnarson in the short term, players of his talent level are available most years in FA, plus Gardiner and Rielly will soon be able to take over his minutes.

Kadri is a good prospect but has some hurdles to overcome. He is unlikely to be more than a decent top 6 forward. Not to mention the questions surrounding his commitment level.

Luongo is a top 15 goalie in the league who's value has never been lower. He's got his warts as well. His contract sucks (too long) and he's been sub-par in the last couple playoff runs. Nonetheless, high end goaltenders don't come along every day as Toronto fans are painfully aware of.

I think Toronto would be foolish to turn the offer down. The only way they lose this trade is if a) Kadri becomes more than a decent top 6 (unlikely given current development curve) or b) Luongo's play falls off a cliff (unlikely given his consistently good performance over the last 7 or 8 years).
Sensible post, I agee with you.

InfinityIggy is online now  
Old
10-01-2012, 11:24 AM
  #78
hockeyfanz
Registered User
 
hockeyfanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 7,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
He wants to be a starter, and furthermore he wants to start 60+ games and all of the playoffs. In Vancouver all he'd get is a timeshare. A split. But that doesn't mean Gillis is just going to give him away to Toronto, or take on a dump like Komisarek. That's absolutely absurd and laughable.

Luongo will only be dealt if and when a team offers us something that addresses a need. Nazem Kadri is not that return.
Truth is Luongo only wants to go to a handful of teams, and if none of those teams want his services then what? Vancouver has 10M tied up in two number one goalies....one of which will get the bigger workload. Platoons very rarely work and when the playoffs arrive, are out the window. Is a veteran like Luongo going to accept his fate as the 2nd favorite goalie without causing some dissention in the locker room/on the bench?

hockeyfanz is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 11:26 AM
  #79
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,945
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
Luongo practicing with his current teammates doesn't mean that he is staying but if he wants to stay and is not going to be traded then I guess that means that Schneider will.
Yes. One of the two will be traded...eventually. Once Gillis gets an offer that makes sense for the Canucks.

__________________
http://www.vancitynitetours.com
y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 11:26 AM
  #80
dubey
So hot right now
 
dubey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Hackey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,866
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfanz View Post
Truth is Luongo only wants to go to a handful of teams, and if none of those teams want his services then what? Vancouver has 10M tied up in two number one goalies....one of which will get the bigger workload. Platoons very rarely work and when the playoffs arrive, are out the window. Is a veteran like Luongo going to accept his fate as the 2nd favorite goalie without causing some dissention in the locker room/on the bench?
a baby handful of teams

dubey is online now  
Old
10-01-2012, 11:30 AM
  #81
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubey View Post
a baby handful of teams
2 is not a handful

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 11:30 AM
  #82
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,945
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfanz View Post
Truth is Luongo only wants to go to a handful of teams, and if none of those teams want his services then what? Vancouver has 10M tied up in two number one goalies....one of which will get the bigger workload. Platoons very rarely work and when the playoffs arrive, are out the window. Is a veteran like Luongo going to accept his fate as the 2nd favorite goalie without causing some dissention in the locker room/on the bench?
How is what you say truth? Do you have a source? Because there are sources out there, even from Luongo and Gillis themselves, that confirm Luongo has not given a list nor has Luongo been approached regarding a team.

Has Luongo done anything that suggests he would be disruptive??

y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 11:30 AM
  #83
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 11,193
vCash: 500
The Leafs top forward prospect plus a young top 4 dman for Luongo?

Toronto does'nt touch this, not today, not tomorrow.

thebluemachine* is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 11:31 AM
  #84
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,945
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebluemachine View Post
The Leafs top forward prospect plus a young top 4 dman for Luongo?

Toronto does'nt touch this, not today, not tomorrow.
Kadri doesn't fit the Canucks needs, and Gunnarson is another left side defenseman that the Canucks are stacked at. Neither are a good fit.

y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 11:31 AM
  #85
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
How is what you say truth? Do you have a source? Because there are sources out there, even from Luongo and Gillis themselves, that confirm Luongo has not given a list nor has Luongo been approached regarding a team.

Has Luongo done anything that suggests he would be disruptive??
gm's never lie

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 11:33 AM
  #86
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,945
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
gm's never lie
So what makes you think there is a small handful of teams? What source do you have? Are you an insider? Or is this wishful thinking? Because I'd be interested in knowing if this is a new development or not...

y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 11:34 AM
  #87
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 11,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Kadri doesn't fit the Canucks needs, and Gunnarson is another left side defenseman that the Canucks are stacked at. Neither are a good fit.
You know who does'nt fit anywhere in the league right now?

Luongo and his contract.

thebluemachine* is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 11:37 AM
  #88
NaiveLeafsFan
Registered User
 
NaiveLeafsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ajax, UofT
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
So what makes you think there is a small handful of teams? What source do you have? Are you an insider? Or is this wishful thinking? Because I'd be interested in knowing if this is a new development or not...
Or maybe because Luongo has a NTC?

We've been through this thread a bajillion times. Can we just close it?

NaiveLeafsFan is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 11:38 AM
  #89
LukeD
On Fire
 
LukeD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,770
vCash: 500
Some Leafs fans actually wouldn't do Kadri for Luongo?


LukeD is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 11:39 AM
  #90
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
So what makes you think there is a small handful of teams? What source do you have? Are you an insider? Or is this wishful thinking? Because I'd be interested in knowing if this is a new development or not...
it's not wishful thinking it's logic. Gillis can't come out and say there is a list of teams because if he does he limits his trade market even further then it is.

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 11:40 AM
  #91
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeD View Post
Some Leafs fans actually wouldn't do Kadri for Luongo?

ya they baffle me too

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 11:41 AM
  #92
HockeyGuruPitka
Registered User
 
HockeyGuruPitka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,041
vCash: 500
If the new CBA comes with an amnesty clause id do komisarek and kadri for luongo. that is all.

However i will say, if the cap doesnt end up going down and the players win this feud. Luongo's value will significantly rise. It all depends on the CBA really

In actuality i would prefer to get a full season out of Kadri. In his NHL stints his production hasn't been that bad.

HockeyGuruPitka is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 11:43 AM
  #93
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,945
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaiveLeafsFan View Post
Or maybe because Luongo has a NTC?

We've been through this thread a bajillion times. Can we just close it?
Just because he has a NTC doesn't mean he has a short list of teams. The point makes no sense at all.

Right now, what's been reported is there is no list, nor has Gillis even asked about a team. So anyone saying there's only a few places Luongo will go to is just making up baseless speculation. It's funny, things get debated on here so much that some people start to believe its reality. Reality states Luongo doesn't have a short list (source is Gillis and Luongo and Luongos agent via media) and that there are several teams showing interest (source is Gillis). You can claim he's lying all you want but unless you have some inside source that claim is as baseless as me suggesting the Canucks are building a retractable roof on top of Rogers Arena. Completely absurd and baseless.

y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 11:49 AM
  #94
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,939
vCash: 0
If the leafs only goal was to make the playoffs, Kadri for Luongo would be an awesome deal for Toronto and fans would do it in a heart beat.

BUT

Toronto fans realize we won't be competing for the cup next season and not the season after in all likelihood either. Toronto probably won't be starting to strongly compete in 4+ years at which point Kadri would be 26 and entering his prime and Luongo would be 37 and leaving his prime. And since you can't expect to win a cup the first year you start competing, all of a sudden we are left with a window of 5 years at most, more likely 1-3 years of a window before all of a sudden we are now looking for another goalie to help us win the cup.

Long story short, Luongo helps us make the playoffs but Luongo likely won't be helping us win the cup which is why leaf fans are reluctant to move much of a package for Luongo, we are looking at the bigger picture. Quite simply he is to much older than or average age for us to be spending significant assets on. Luongo is currently about 1 year older than our current oldest player. He doesn't fit in the age group of our core.

Grant is online now  
Old
10-01-2012, 11:51 AM
  #95
mooseOAK*
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 42,437
vCash: 500
If one eliminates the teams that already have a number one goalie and then teams that Luongo would not likely want to go to and teams that don't want to take on $46 million guaranteed then the list is going to be very short.

mooseOAK* is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 11:52 AM
  #96
whoshouse
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 965
vCash: 500
I don't get why Canuck fans would want Kadri for a player like Luongo. Kadri wouldn't even be good enough to play on the Canuck's third line.

whoshouse is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 11:53 AM
  #97
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,945
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
it's not wishful thinking it's logic. Gillis can't come out and say there is a list of teams because if he does he limits his trade market even further then it is.
What is the logic based on? What source are you quoting when you say there's only a small handful of teams Luongo will go to?

y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 11:53 AM
  #98
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
If the leafs only goal was to make the playoffs, Kadri for Luongo would be an awesome deal for Toronto and fans would do it in a heart beat.

BUT

Toronto fans realize we won't be competing for the cup next season and not the season after in all likelihood either. Toronto probably won't be starting to strongly compete in 4+ years at which point Kadri would be 26 and entering his prime and Luongo would be 37 and leaving his prime. And since you can't expect to win a cup the first year you start competing, all of a sudden we are left with a window of 5 years at most, more likely 1-3 years of a window before all of a sudden we are now looking for another goalie to help us win the cup.

Long story short, Luongo helps us make the playoffs but Luongo likely won't be helping us win the cup which is why leaf fans are reluctant to move much of a package for Luongo, we are looking at the bigger picture. Quite simply he is to much older than or average age for us to be spending significant assets on. Luongo is currently about 1 year older than our current oldest player. He doesn't fit in the age group of our core.
goalies play at a high level longers then forwards or d

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 11:55 AM
  #99
HockeyGuruPitka
Registered User
 
HockeyGuruPitka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,041
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
If one eliminates the teams that already have a number one goalie and then teams that Luongo would not likely want to go to and teams that don't want to take on $46 million guaranteed then the list is going to be very short.
Good post mooseOAK.

HockeyGuruPitka is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 11:55 AM
  #100
birddog*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224 View Post
Kadri's fat now, it's been in all the papers.
Kessel is fat too.

birddog* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.