Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Windsor Spitfires completely deny all accusations put forward by OHL

Old
10-01-2012, 10:43 AM
Ward Cornell

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
My point was just to say rules get put in place to fix a problem. I don't think the league suddenly instituted the rules because Windsor was getting real good players. It had to do far before Rychel and Boughner got to Windsor. There were some owners crying poor and wanted to try and even the playing field. This has been going on a long time and Windsor happened to be caught.
Rules are usually brought in for two reasons..
1) there is an issue they are trying to eliminate
2) there are issue(s) they are trying to prevent.

Without being on the BofG I would have it say it was probably #1 in this case.

Ward Cornell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 11:09 AM
BenchedGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
My point was just to say rules get put in place to fix a problem. I don't think the league suddenly instituted the rules because Windsor was getting real good players. It had to do far before Rychel and Boughner got to Windsor. There were some owners crying poor and wanted to try and even the playing field. This has been going on a long time and Windsor happened to be caught.
And it very well could have been the league wanting to catch another team instead of Windsor, but they cleaned up (possibly) their act upon knowing the watch dog was brough into the league. Windsor unfortunately didnt. Now thats speculation again.

BenchedGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 11:33 AM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Cornell View Post
^^ What's so difficult to understand????? Geesch!
It's all internet chatter about other teams, just because you suspect other teams doesn't make them guilty.
If I suspect you breaking into my house does it make you guilty?? ( I hope it doesn't)

GOOD GRIEF...simple concept!

Do i suspect other teams were cheating...probably.
Am I 100% sure that I can label them as cheats?...No!
So if I am driving 100km/h on the 401 and you pass me going 120km/hr and I see a radar trap up ahead but you didn't get caught in it because somebody beside you was going 130km/hr it's proof that you weren't speeding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
http://dictionary.reference.com/

proof   [proof]
noun
1. evidence sufficient to establish a thing as true, or to produce belief in its truth.
2. anything serving as such evidence: What proof do you have?
3. the act of testing or making trial of anything; test; trial: to put a thing to the proof.
4. the establishment of the truth of anything; demonstration.
5. Law . (in judicial proceedings) evidence having probative weight.

con·jec·ture    [kuhn-jek-cher]
noun
1. the formation or expression of an opinion or theory without sufficient evidence for proof.
2. an opinion or theory so formed or expressed; guess; speculation.

Maybe now you can see and understand the difference.
Proof is in the eye of the beholder.

Ottomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 12:09 PM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
So if I am driving 100km/h on the 401 and you pass me going 120km/hr and I see a radar trap up ahead but you didn't get caught in it because somebody beside you was going 130km/hr it's proof that you weren't speeding?

In other words you don't know that difference between hear say and fact?

Old
10-01-2012, 12:33 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
The next day, can anyone prove he was speeding?

Quote:
Outstanding.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 12:34 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
I don't care what anyone says; Ontario schools rock.

Old
10-01-2012, 12:40 PM
OHLTG

Accusing Kitchener without proof isn't smart, but neither is believing Kitchener, or any other team, is completely innocent. If you had told me a year ago that "Windsor paid Fowler 2M to come here", I'd have laughed and said "nothing in this league surprises me." Getting defensive and demanding proof, when excessive payments have been rumoured for years, is naive in my books.

OHLTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 12:46 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
Accusing Kitchener without proof isn't smart, but neither is believing Kitchener, or any other team, is completely innocent. If you had told me a year ago that "Windsor paid Fowler 2M to come here", I'd have laughed and said "nothing in this league surprises me." Getting defensive and demanding proof, when excessive payments have been rumoured for years, is naive in my books.
I think this thread has gone way off course by the "everyone does it and I can prove it because I just said so" and the "we all think a lot of teams do it but only one team has been proven guilty of doing it" groups.

I think most Kitchener/London/Other fans are not naive enough to think that their team has never done anything wrong. However, to this point, nothing has ever been proven and the teams have admitted nothing. The Spitfires can't say the same.

Old
10-01-2012, 04:12 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
I know hearsay is one word. And hearsay doesn't mean it isn't true. This isn't a court of law, it's the court of public opinion. You want to believe Kitchener is pure as the driven snow, well bless your little hearts.

Ottomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 07:18 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
I know hearsay is one word. And hearsay doesn't mean it isn't true. This isn't a court of law, it's the court of public opinion. You want to believe Kitchener is pure as the driven snow, well bless your little hearts.
Please point me to where one, just ONE, Kitchener fan thinks that.

Old
10-02-2012, 08:41 AM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Please point me to where one, just ONE, Kitchener fan thinks that.
Prime example of "misery loves company"!

I dunno one way or another if Kitchener or any other teams are cheating and have noted it earlier in this thread and others.

Old
11-28-2012, 02:51 PM
Whalers Fan
Go Habs!

It looks like Windsor got off light with punishment compared with what was just handed out in the WHL:

http://www.whl.ca/article/whl-sancti...nd-winterhawks

Portland loses their first five picks in 2013, first round picks in 2014 through 2017, gets a $200,000 fine, and both the GM and head coach are suspended for the rest of this season, including the playoffs.

Ouch!

Whalers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 03:08 PM
Crottenham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalers Fan View Post
It looks like Windsor got off light with punishment compared with what was just handed out in the WHL:

http://www.whl.ca/article/whl-sancti...nd-winterhawks

Portland loses their first five picks in 2013, first round picks in 2014 through 2017, gets a $200,000 fine, and both the GM and head coach are suspended for the rest of this season, including the playoffs.

Ouch!
How can one determine if it was light or heavy given we don't even know what the details around the infractions were in either case?

Crottenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 04:33 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

How did the appeal go for the Spits ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 12:15 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crottenham View Post
How can one determine if it was light or heavy given we don't even know what the details around the infractions were in either case?
The Winterhawks issued a statement with a summary of the league’s findings, saying the team was found to have committed the following violations via thestar:

• A player contract signed in 2009, involving flights for the player’s family and a summer training program.

• Over the last five years, seven families were provided flights two-to-four times per season based on financial need and their distance from Portland.

• Twice in the last five years the team paid for two players to each have a one-week summer training regimen.

• The Winterhawks provided a cellphone for their team captain for a period of three seasons.

NHL Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 12:24 PM
aresknights

I wish the Spits management could have done this but there are probably reasons as to why.
I wonder if Portland follows thru with the appeal unlike the other group that was caught.
I guess the diffence might be one is saying the punishment is over the top, the other claimed innocence and then accepted it.

aresknights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 10:39 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
The Winterhawks issued a statement with a summary of the league’s findings, saying the team was found to have committed the following violations via thestar
Yes, the Winterhawks are saying that. Media covering the WHL out here (at least in Edmonton) is saying that it's selective reporting on their part, and it's believed that the actual infractions are far greater. I heard one reporter say that when he was doing research on the story, officials from at least 5 other teams said it's "about time" the Winterhawks got caught.

krazy kanuck is offline   Reply With Quote