HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Corey Perry and Ryan Getzlaf - next contracts

Old
10-01-2012, 02:34 PM
DPyro

vCash: 500
Leafs will conveniently have a ton of free cap space to sign one of these guys.

DPyro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 02:40 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
You guys thinking Perry and Getzlaf are going to split with each other are out to lunch, they've been best friends since they've been drafted if your team doesn't have the money for both, you won't get either, with likely a much lower salary cap to spend with
replace Getzlaf and Perry with Suter and Weber and you have the same thing Nashville fans were saying last yr. Small market team like Anaheim cant afford 100m contract each of them will get.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 02:46 PM
DPyro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
replace Getzlaf and Perry with Suter and Weber and you have the same thing Nashville fans were saying last yr. Small market team like Anaheim cant afford 100m contract each of them will get.
Contracts will no doubt be limited to 6 years so there's no way they're getting $100m contracts.

DPyro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 03:21 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Ducks could easily and wouldn't hesitate to out bid them.
What about on a 10 year deal?

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 03:58 PM
SupermanPahlsson
@DucksProspects

Quote:
There's no way the new CBA will even allow for that to happen. Getzlaf's deal is likely already on the table (6 or 7 years at $7 - $7.5M), to be signed once the new CBA is rectified, and there's likely a matching or slightly more lucrative offer for Perry - who can take it, negotiate with his agent or leave it (well, duh).

Most Ducks fans are worried about Perry more than anything because he's not open and hasn't been open about staying. Hence the whole fuss about Palmieri last night in the Top 6 Cetner for Anaheim thread.

SupermanPahlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 04:50 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Perry has not said anything, but as most Ducks fans know, he is an extremely private guy and rarely talks to the media. I am not saying he is staying but him being quiet about it is not surprising at all. If he knew he was going to stay I'm sure he would be as quiet as if he knew he was leaving.

Doubt we ever hear him comment until a deal is done or he is gone.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 03:24 PM
Suddenly7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
Perry has not said anything, but as most Ducks fans know, he is an extremely private guy and rarely talks to the media. I am not saying he is staying but him being quiet about it is not surprising at all. If he knew he was going to stay I'm sure he would be as quiet as if he knew he was leaving.

Doubt we ever hear him comment until a deal is done or he is gone.
Yup, I agree with all of this. Even when he was the leagues MVP he was quiet about everything. I have a feeling he will stay. It's kind hard to leave sunny California. About the money issue Anaheim has one of the most wealthy owners in the league. I'm sure we can match anyone and have tons of cap room to do it.

Suddenly7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 03:28 PM
mighty all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly7 View Post
Yup, I agree with all of this. Even when he was the leagues MVP he was quiet about everything. I have a feeling he will stay. It's kind hard to leave sunny California. About the money issue Anaheim has one of the most wealthy owners in the league. I'm sure we can match anyone and have tons of cap room to do it.
No we have an internal cap thats why we always have cap space. Our owner might be wealthy but he doesn't want to spend that wealth.

mighty all the way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 03:58 PM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

As a Ducks fan, i`m not so confident we`ll resign both. No doubt i want to, but we can`t say that they are all but resigned.

As mentioned, with Getz is pretty likely to resign. He wants to stay and he is our priority (according to several rumors). But that`s why i`m not so sure about Perry. Right now i say 51/49 that Perry is gone. Just a speculation though, but that`s how i feel right now.

Kalvinators is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 04:13 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
Perry to Philly please?

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 04:56 PM
JetsHomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPyro View Post
Contracts will no doubt be limited to 6 years so there's no way they're getting $100m contracts.
Big time doubtful. The owners are going to come out of the lockout with 50-54% HRR, no way the players give up that much salary and still agree to all the other demands of the owners. The owners will back down on all contract issues to get what they really want which is a lower salary cap.

JetsHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 05:29 PM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPyro View Post
Leafs will conveniently have a ton of free cap space to sign one of these guys.
And a ridiculous media market that will scare both of them off. Especially Perry. He was visibly uncomfortable every time he had to give an interview in his MVP days. He likes to play it low-key. Try again.

DuckJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 05:42 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Do Ducks fans have any idea what Perry would be looking for in a team? Money, Contender, Open roster spot, etc?

Old
10-02-2012, 05:45 PM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Do Ducks fans have any idea what Perry would be looking for in a team? Money, Contender, Open roster spot, etc?
Probably money and a contender. My feeling is he's going to stay though. His silence is admittedly unnerving, but I don't think Perry has ever really given much thought to the possibility of playing somewhere else. Just my feeling. Doesn't give me any confidence, but I can't think of a legitimate destination for him.

If Getzlaf stays (which I'm almost 100% certain he will) then I think Perry stays as well.

Old
10-02-2012, 05:48 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Probably money and a contender. My feeling is he's going to stay though. His silence is admittedly unnerving, but I don't think Perry has ever really given much thought to the possibility of playing somewhere else. Just my feeling. Doesn't give me any confidence, but I can't think of a legitimate destination for him.
I can.

But thanks for the input. Every fanbase in the league wants him on their team(including yours) so a lot of people will be putting up proposals before the deadline unless he re-signs.

Old
10-02-2012, 06:51 PM
dannyboy8920
I cheer for Losers

Quote:
And a ridiculous media market that will scare both of them off. Especially Perry. He was visibly uncomfortable every time he had to give an interview in his MVP days. He likes to play it low-key. Try again.

What is his favourite brand of socks?

dannyboy8920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 07:39 PM
SupermanPahlsson
@DucksProspects

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
What is his favourite brand of socks?
DuckJet is right. It was so evident after he won the MVP that you could tell he wasn't comfortable in the spotlight.

He doesn't even talk to his fellow players (check out the videos for the 2012 ASG Draft Room or one of the last NHLPA pressers). He's just an introverted guy that doesn't enjoy that kind of thing. Well, either that or he's a huge d*ck.

SupermanPahlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 08:12 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanPahlsson View Post
DuckJet is right. It was so evident after he won the MVP that you could tell he wasn't comfortable in the spotlight.

He doesn't even talk to his fellow players (check out the videos for the 2012 ASG Draft Room or one of the last NHLPA pressers). He's just an introverted guy that doesn't enjoy that kind of thing. Well, either that or he's a huge d*ck.
Maybe he saw all the flak Schultz got after he pretended to like it in Anaheim, so he wants to make sure no one gets the same impression.

And I'm aware he was like this well before the Schultz saga. Just a joke.

Old
10-02-2012, 08:22 PM
Sutter16

I think they'll both resign in Anaheim, when it's all said and done. But if they don't I feel Perry will either sign in Pittsburgh or Philly. Here in Pittsburgh, there is more then enough talent where Perry won't have to be in the limelight.

Sutter16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 07:19 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mighty all the way View Post
No we have an internal cap thats why we always have cap space. Our owner might be wealthy but he doesn't want to spend that wealth.
I think you're misreading what the owners have done. What they want is to make a profit. Even a billionaire isn't going to want to lose millions of dollars every year. In the past, they've shown that they are more than willing to spend, when it's on the right things.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 10:34 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
LOL you're aware we have one of the richest owners in the league right?

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 10:46 PM
mighty all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
I think you're misreading what the owners have done. What they want is to make a profit. Even a billionaire isn't going to want to lose millions of dollars every year. In the past, they've shown that they are more than willing to spend, when it's on the right things.
He spent when we had Burke, yeah it got us a cup, but then BM had to fix his crap that he made once he left in the middle of a season. I'm sure it was BM's plan to have an internal cap just for a cushion to make sure they are financially stable. If Getzlaf and Perry are going to make that cushion go away I can't see the owners and BM resigning them.

mighty all the way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 02:26 AM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
LOL you're aware we have one of the richest owners in the league right?
Are you aware that he gives Murray a 56.7 million dollar internal cap?

Last edited by DuckJet: 10-04-2012 at 02:34 AM.
Old
10-04-2012, 03:31 AM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanPahlsson View Post
I'm sure they're mightily enticed by the prospect of playing second-line minutes. Face it: Getzlaf and Perry are the kings of their own kingdom. Why would they leave, just to be second-fiddle elsewhere? Getzlaf especially. There aren't really any better teams that need a 1C, and while there are plenty of worse teams that do, why would he leave just for a worse shot at winning the Cup?

Before Nash, I could've seen the Rangers making a splash for Perry, but it doesn't seem all that likely now.
Id be pretty sure that if they both went to NYR then they would both play first line minutes, with Nash on the left. Getzlaf and Nash have had chemistry before and Perry is simply better than Callahan. Ive always saw NAsh as one of the best compliments to Getz/Perry in the entire league, that line would be dynamite.

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 03:38 AM
Crazy8oooo
k ؃

Quote:
Are you aware that he gives Murray a 56.7 million dollar internal cap?
I've always been aware of an internal cap for the Ducks, but where do you get that figure from? I'm curious, because last season's payroll hit $59,256,051. I'd like to know where the payroll is in relation to the internal cap.

Just a side note...spending to the cap doesn't necessarily buy you a great team. 2 of the top 5 spending teams last season didn't even make the playoffs. (Buffalo and Calgary) Conversely, 5 of the bottom 10 spending teams did make the playoffs. (Florida, Phoenix, St. Louis, Nashville, and Ottawa) Sure, it might increase your odds by spending more, but it's really boils down to how you spend the money rather than how much you're spending. (This paragraph isn't directed at you, Duckjet)

Crazy8oooo is offline   Reply With Quote