HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Leaf fans: would you trade kadri for luongo?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-01-2012, 04:50 PM
  #301
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 11,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Yes, a large number of teams have contracts like that. If they all counted as cap circumvention, then why would they pass that in a new CBA?
Nope, a large number of teams actually don't have these type of contracts.

thebluemachine* is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 04:50 PM
  #302
Bleach Clean
Registered User
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke meat pete View Post
I'm sorry you have the inability to read each of my posts where the answer was "it depends". Based on his current trends, the answer is no, but if he sells the farm to try and win now, and fails to make the playoffs, he will be fired.
So when you pose a hypothetical, and I answer, that's ok. But if I pose a similar hypothetical, you can't answer? It depends is meaningless. It's either Burke shares your vision of building towards the future absolutely, even at the expense of his own job, or he doesn't share your vision. Do you understand?



As a leafs fan who has committed himself to believing the team doesn't need to do anything drastic right now, this should be an easy answer for you. Burke should think as you do. He won't mortgage the future to win now. But saying that, as a leafs fan, why don't you have absolute faith his job is secure following that plan? Why can't you tell me for certain that he will retain his job?



I answered a hypothetical you posed. Yet you can't do the same. If this isn't a telling statement as to a leafs fan's mindset then what is? At least bluemachine is certain. Why aren't you?

Bleach Clean is online now  
Old
10-01-2012, 04:54 PM
  #303
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,797
vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebluemachine View Post
Nope, a large number of teams actually don't have these type of contracts.
Off the top of my head, Weber, Suter, Luongo, Parise, Kovalchuk, Hossa, Dipietro, Crosby, Franzen, there's probably more, but you get the idea.

Vankiller Whale is online now  
Old
10-01-2012, 04:55 PM
  #304
1865
Registered User
 
1865's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chester, UK
Country: England
Posts: 9,141
vCash: 50
Toronto over-valuing their prospects yet again. Every single time.

Luongo would be good return, a bit of a steal for Kadri actually. He's not as good as you think he is Leafs fans.

1865 is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 04:57 PM
  #305
kamosko
Ginger Jesus
 
kamosko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Girouxsalem
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,352
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
Toronto over-valuing their prospects yet again. Every single time.

Luongo would be good return, a bit of a steal for Kadri actually. He's not as good as you think he is Leafs fans.
Oh look Toronto players being undervalued yet again, every single time.

kamosko is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 05:03 PM
  #306
RogerRoeper*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 21,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
Toronto over-valuing their prospects yet again. Every single time.

Luongo would be good return, a bit of a steal for Kadri actually. He's not as good as you think he is Leafs fans.
This is about the 29 other fan bases undervaluing our players actually.

Kadri is a solid prospect.

If you bothered reading the posts you'll see most are naming Luongo's contract and the new CBA coming up as an issue.

RogerRoeper* is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 05:05 PM
  #307
1865
Registered User
 
1865's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chester, UK
Country: England
Posts: 9,141
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamosko99 View Post
Oh look Toronto players being undervalued yet again, every single time.
All of these 'must-have' prospects of yours tend to muster out into nothing though, are they really being under-valued by everyone else?

I'm not saying they're all bad players, some of them may well end up to be fantastic...but the Toronto fanbase don't half over-rate them in comparison to other clubs.

1865 is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 05:08 PM
  #308
mooseOAK*
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 42,437
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
All of these 'must-have' prospects of yours tend to muster out into nothing though, are they really being under-valued by everyone else?

I'm not saying they're all bad players, some of them may well end up to be fantastic...but the Toronto fanbase don't half over-rate them in comparison to other clubs.
You may want to reword that.

Yeah, we all remember when Cody Hodgson was the best prospect in the world. Good times.

mooseOAK* is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 05:09 PM
  #309
SuperJayMann
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 585
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
Toronto over-valuing their prospects yet again. Every single time.

Luongo would be good return, a bit of a steal for Kadri actually. He's not as good as you think he is Leafs fans.
Luongo for 10 more years? Now that's over valued.

SuperJayMann is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 05:10 PM
  #310
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,797
vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
You may want to reword that.

Yeah, we all remember when Cody Hodgson was the best prospect in the world. Good times.
He's a Philly fan...

Vankiller Whale is online now  
Old
10-01-2012, 05:11 PM
  #311
mooseOAK*
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 42,437
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
He's a Philly fan...
So what?

mooseOAK* is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 05:11 PM
  #312
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,797
vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJayMann View Post
Luongo for 10 more years? Now that's over valued.
Yeah, if he didn't intend on playing out the whole term, or didn't have a NMC, or was elite, then maybe he could get some value around here...

Vankiller Whale is online now  
Old
10-01-2012, 05:12 PM
  #313
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,797
vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
So what?
What does that have to do with Hodgson?

Vankiller Whale is online now  
Old
10-01-2012, 05:16 PM
  #314
uncleben85
My face is my mask.
 
uncleben85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Guelph, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,378
vCash: 500
Kadri, maybe. But I don't like Luo's contract one bit, so probably no.

Gunnar? Oh HELLL, no lol

uncleben85 is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 05:18 PM
  #315
mooseOAK*
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 42,437
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
What does that have to do with Hodgson?
He was just a convenient example of an over-hyped prospect that isn't a Leaf.

mooseOAK* is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 05:19 PM
  #316
Scottrockztheworld*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,301
vCash: 500
People usually don't like what they understand; hence all this "bad contract" talk when it comes to the cap circumvention contracts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
He was just a convenient example of an over-hyped prospect that isn't a Leaf.
Why didn't you say a Philly prospect then? Heck they actually have young players that are over-hyped on their roster.

Scottrockztheworld* is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 05:20 PM
  #317
nhlfan9191
Registered User
 
nhlfan9191's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Saskatoon, Sk
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
And you know what Lu's value is how? Direct line to Gillis? Answer: No one _knows_ what his value is. Speculation has become fact here somehow.
Of coarse it's speculation. But when a team like Toronto, who has been in goaltending hell for years won't trade good assets to get arguably a top 5 goalie who is on the market, it tells you something is scaring GM's off. And the only thing that it can be is his contract. And of coarse the new CBA which is linked to the way his contract is set up.

nhlfan9191 is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 05:23 PM
  #318
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,797
vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
Of coarse it's speculation. But when a team like Toronto, who has been in goaltending hell for years won't trade good assets to get arguably a top 5 goalie who is on the market, it tells you something is scaring GM's off. And the only thing that it can be is his contract. And of coarse the new CBA which is linked to the way his contract is set up.
Burke has been in regular contact with Gillis about Luongo. Just because Leafs fans aren't willing to give up anything(Just like in Stastny proposals or other such proposals) doesn't mean their GM isn't.

Vankiller Whale is online now  
Old
10-01-2012, 05:23 PM
  #319
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,226
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
He was just a convenient example of an over-hyped prospect that isn't a Leaf.
Did anyone say they wouldn't trade Hodgson for an established star? He was the 2009 CHL Player of the Year. Of course he had huge hype. I fail to see the relevance here.

__________________
http://www.vancitynitetours.com
y2kcanucks is online now  
Old
10-01-2012, 05:27 PM
  #320
Scottrockztheworld*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
Of coarse it's speculation. But when a team like Toronto, who has been in goaltending hell for years won't trade good assets to get arguably a top 5 goalie who is on the market, it tells you something is scaring GM's off. And the only thing that it can be is his contract. And of coarse the new CBA which is linked to the way his contract is set up.
You know this how? How do you know what Burke is or isn't offering? Maybe he has already offered something but they are waiting for the CBA to be in place?!?!


Oh wait I already know Burke won't give up good assets for a Top 5 goalie because the man has never been able to acquire a decent goalie! The man is an idiot when it comes to goaltending... ask Vancouver fans we know this already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Did anyone say they wouldn't trade Hodgson for an established star? He was the 2009 CHL Player of the Year. Of course he had huge hype. I fail to see the relevance here.
I also remember during the draft Bob Mac saying:
Quote:
There are a lot of people out there who believe all that separates this guy (Coho) from Steven Stamkos is the explosive speed
So the over hyping wasn't started by us!

Scottrockztheworld* is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 05:28 PM
  #321
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
So when you pose a hypothetical, and I answer, that's ok. But if I pose a similar hypothetical, you can't answer? It depends is meaningless. It's either Burke shares your vision of building towards the future absolutely, even at the expense of his own job, or he doesn't share your vision. Do you understand?



As a leafs fan who has committed himself to believing the team doesn't need to do anything drastic right now, this should be an easy answer for you. Burke should think as you do. He won't mortgage the future to win now. But saying that, as a leafs fan, why don't you have absolute faith his job is secure following that plan? Why can't you tell me for certain that he will retain his job?



I answered a hypothetical you posed. Yet you can't do the same. If this isn't a telling statement as to a leafs fan's mindset then what is? At least bluemachine is certain. Why aren't you?
So, my answer is not clear to you?

smoke meat pete* is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 05:29 PM
  #322
Gavy
Registered User
 
Gavy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 790
vCash: 500
No. I still have a lot of faith in Kadri and I really don't want Luongo's contract

Gavy is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 05:29 PM
  #323
Bleach Clean
Registered User
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
Of coarse it's speculation. But when a team like Toronto, who has been in goaltending hell for years won't trade good assets to get arguably a top 5 goalie who is on the market, it tells you something is scaring GM's off. And the only thing that it can be is his contract. And of coarse the new CBA which is linked to the way his contract is set up.

So if it's speculation stop speaking in absolutes. You won't get called on it. When people know you are speculating, and not answering like you know what's going on and nobody else does, odds are you won't get the backlash you do.



And the delay is the CBA (Well now it is). When that's resolved, if there is a further delay, it will be the return/contract. But for now, the CBA proceeds all. Fans of all sides agree that it is an overriding factor.

Bleach Clean is online now  
Old
10-01-2012, 05:30 PM
  #324
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke meat pete View Post
Based on his current trends, the answer is no,
Is this not clear?

smoke meat pete* is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 05:31 PM
  #325
Gavy
Registered User
 
Gavy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23 17 23 View Post
As a Canucks fan I'd be pretty happy with a return of Kulemin, Frattin, and Kadri.
bahahahaha

Gavy is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:30 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.