HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Leaf fans: would you trade kadri for luongo?

Closed Thread

Old
10-01-2012, 04:50 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Yes, a large number of teams have contracts like that. If they all counted as cap circumvention, then why would they pass that in a new CBA?
Nope, a large number of teams actually don't have these type of contracts.

Old
10-01-2012, 04:50 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke meat pete View Post
I'm sorry you have the inability to read each of my posts where the answer was "it depends". Based on his current trends, the answer is no, but if he sells the farm to try and win now, and fails to make the playoffs, he will be fired.
So when you pose a hypothetical, and I answer, that's ok. But if I pose a similar hypothetical, you can't answer? It depends is meaningless. It's either Burke shares your vision of building towards the future absolutely, even at the expense of his own job, or he doesn't share your vision. Do you understand?

As a leafs fan who has committed himself to believing the team doesn't need to do anything drastic right now, this should be an easy answer for you. Burke should think as you do. He won't mortgage the future to win now. But saying that, as a leafs fan, why don't you have absolute faith his job is secure following that plan? Why can't you tell me for certain that he will retain his job?

I answered a hypothetical you posed. Yet you can't do the same. If this isn't a telling statement as to a leafs fan's mindset then what is? At least bluemachine is certain. Why aren't you?

Old
10-01-2012, 04:54 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebluemachine View Post
Nope, a large number of teams actually don't have these type of contracts.
Off the top of my head, Weber, Suter, Luongo, Parise, Kovalchuk, Hossa, Dipietro, Crosby, Franzen, there's probably more, but you get the idea.

Old
10-01-2012, 04:55 PM

vCash: 50
Toronto over-valuing their prospects yet again. Every single time.

Luongo would be good return, a bit of a steal for Kadri actually. He's not as good as you think he is Leafs fans.

Old
10-01-2012, 04:57 PM
kamosko
Ginger Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post

Luongo would be good return, a bit of a steal for Kadri actually. He's not as good as you think he is Leafs fans.
Oh look Toronto players being undervalued yet again, every single time.

Old
10-01-2012, 05:03 PM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:

This is about the 29 other fan bases undervaluing our players actually.

Kadri is a solid prospect.

If you bothered reading the posts you'll see most are naming Luongo's contract and the new CBA coming up as an issue.

Old
10-01-2012, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamosko99 View Post
Oh look Toronto players being undervalued yet again, every single time.
All of these 'must-have' prospects of yours tend to muster out into nothing though, are they really being under-valued by everyone else?

I'm not saying they're all bad players, some of them may well end up to be fantastic...but the Toronto fanbase don't half over-rate them in comparison to other clubs.

Old
10-01-2012, 05:08 PM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
All of these 'must-have' prospects of yours tend to muster out into nothing though, are they really being under-valued by everyone else?

I'm not saying they're all bad players, some of them may well end up to be fantastic...but the Toronto fanbase don't half over-rate them in comparison to other clubs.
You may want to reword that.

Yeah, we all remember when Cody Hodgson was the best prospect in the world. Good times.

Old
10-01-2012, 05:09 PM
SuperJayMann

Quote:

Luongo for 10 more years? Now that's over valued.

Old
10-01-2012, 05:10 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
You may want to reword that.

Yeah, we all remember when Cody Hodgson was the best prospect in the world. Good times.
He's a Philly fan...

Old
10-01-2012, 05:11 PM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
He's a Philly fan...
So what?

Old
10-01-2012, 05:11 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJayMann View Post
Luongo for 10 more years? Now that's over valued.
Yeah, if he didn't intend on playing out the whole term, or didn't have a NMC, or was elite, then maybe he could get some value around here...

Old
10-01-2012, 05:12 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
So what?
What does that have to do with Hodgson?

Old
10-01-2012, 05:16 PM
uncleben85
My face is my mask.

Kadri, maybe. But I don't like Luo's contract one bit, so probably no.

Gunnar? Oh HELLL, no lol

Old
10-01-2012, 05:18 PM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
What does that have to do with Hodgson?
He was just a convenient example of an over-hyped prospect that isn't a Leaf.

Old
10-01-2012, 05:19 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

People usually don't like what they understand; hence all this "bad contract" talk when it comes to the cap circumvention contracts.

Quote:
Why didn't you say a Philly prospect then? Heck they actually have young players that are over-hyped on their roster.

Old
10-01-2012, 05:20 PM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
And you know what Lu's value is how? Direct line to Gillis? Answer: No one _knows_ what his value is. Speculation has become fact here somehow.
Of coarse it's speculation. But when a team like Toronto, who has been in goaltending hell for years won't trade good assets to get arguably a top 5 goalie who is on the market, it tells you something is scaring GM's off. And the only thing that it can be is his contract. And of coarse the new CBA which is linked to the way his contract is set up.

Old
10-01-2012, 05:23 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
Of coarse it's speculation. But when a team like Toronto, who has been in goaltending hell for years won't trade good assets to get arguably a top 5 goalie who is on the market, it tells you something is scaring GM's off. And the only thing that it can be is his contract. And of coarse the new CBA which is linked to the way his contract is set up.
Burke has been in regular contact with Gillis about Luongo. Just because Leafs fans aren't willing to give up anything(Just like in Stastny proposals or other such proposals) doesn't mean their GM isn't.

Old
10-01-2012, 05:23 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Did anyone say they wouldn't trade Hodgson for an established star? He was the 2009 CHL Player of the Year. Of course he had huge hype. I fail to see the relevance here.

10-01-2012, 05:27 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
You know this how? How do you know what Burke is or isn't offering? Maybe he has already offered something but they are waiting for the CBA to be in place?!?!

Oh wait I already know Burke won't give up good assets for a Top 5 goalie because the man has never been able to acquire a decent goalie! The man is an idiot when it comes to goaltending... ask Vancouver fans we know this already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Did anyone say they wouldn't trade Hodgson for an established star? He was the 2009 CHL Player of the Year. Of course he had huge hype. I fail to see the relevance here.
I also remember during the draft Bob Mac saying:
Quote:
There are a lot of people out there who believe all that separates this guy (Coho) from Steven Stamkos is the explosive speed
So the over hyping wasn't started by us!

Old
10-01-2012, 05:28 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
So when you pose a hypothetical, and I answer, that's ok. But if I pose a similar hypothetical, you can't answer? It depends is meaningless. It's either Burke shares your vision of building towards the future absolutely, even at the expense of his own job, or he doesn't share your vision. Do you understand?

As a leafs fan who has committed himself to believing the team doesn't need to do anything drastic right now, this should be an easy answer for you. Burke should think as you do. He won't mortgage the future to win now. But saying that, as a leafs fan, why don't you have absolute faith his job is secure following that plan? Why can't you tell me for certain that he will retain his job?

I answered a hypothetical you posed. Yet you can't do the same. If this isn't a telling statement as to a leafs fan's mindset then what is? At least bluemachine is certain. Why aren't you?
So, my answer is not clear to you?

Old
10-01-2012, 05:29 PM
Gavy

No. I still have a lot of faith in Kadri and I really don't want Luongo's contract

Old
10-01-2012, 05:29 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:

So if it's speculation stop speaking in absolutes. You won't get called on it. When people know you are speculating, and not answering like you know what's going on and nobody else does, odds are you won't get the backlash you do.

And the delay is the CBA (Well now it is). When that's resolved, if there is a further delay, it will be the return/contract. But for now, the CBA proceeds all. Fans of all sides agree that it is an overriding factor.

Old
10-01-2012, 05:30 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke meat pete View Post
Based on his current trends, the answer is no,
Is this not clear?

Old
10-01-2012, 05:31 PM
Gavy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23 17 23 View Post
As a Canucks fan I'd be pretty happy with a return of Kulemin, Frattin, and Kadri.
bahahahaha

Closed Thread