HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-01-2012, 08:26 PM
  #76
crazy Kassian
The North Remembers
 
crazy Kassian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 4,577
vCash: 500
Mackinnon
Jones
Monahan
Drouin
Shinkaruk
Pulock
Barkov
Lindholm
Lazar
Ristolainen

crazy Kassian is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 08:31 PM
  #77
Mason10
Bacon
 
Mason10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,933
vCash: 500
MacKinnon
Jones
Barkov
Monahan
Pulock
Drouin
Shinkuark
Lazar
Ristolainen
Lindholm

Mason10 is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 08:36 PM
  #78
Ched Brosky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy Kassian View Post
Mackinnon
Jones
Monahan
Drouin
Shinkaruk
Pulock
Barkov
Lindholm
Lazar
Ristolainen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason10 View Post
MacKinnon
Jones
Barkov
Monahan
Pulock
Drouin
Shinkuark
Lazar
Ristolainen
Lindholm
needs more Duclair

Ched Brosky is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 08:46 PM
  #79
Jevo
Registered User
 
Jevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Denmark
Posts: 2,491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Canuck View Post
Monahan should go before Drouin, and I believe Shinkaruk, Lazar, Pulock and Morrissey could all pass Drouin by the end of the season. I also can't see Barkov going that high.
Why can't you see Barkov going that high? He seems to have it all, he's huge, great defensively, great offensively, and he just turned 17 a month ago. And he's had a great start to the season in Finland, he has 11 points in 7 games.

Jevo is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 09:08 PM
  #80
me2
Seahawks 43
 
me2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Broncos 8
Country: Wallis & Futuna
Posts: 18,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevo View Post
Why can't you see Barkov going that high? He seems to have it all, he's huge, great defensively, great offensively, and he just turned 17 a month ago. And he's had a great start to the season in Finland, he has 11 points in 7 games.
I've got him #3 atm, but it's almost pointless trying to re-rank prospects after just 10% of a season - I should probably hold off until Jan/Feb.


Last edited by me2: 10-02-2012 at 03:05 AM.
me2 is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 09:28 PM
  #81
Royal Canuck
Go Canucks Go!
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,850
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevo View Post
Why can't you see Barkov going that high? He seems to have it all, he's huge, great defensively, great offensively, and he just turned 17 a month ago. And he's had a great start to the season in Finland, he has 11 points in 7 games.
I'm not fully convinced he will be able to transfer his style of play to the NHL style.

__________________

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
PSN - TBennz
"You're never a loser until you quit trying. " - Mike Ditka
Royal Canuck is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 10:11 PM
  #82
Tiranis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 20,974
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Canuck View Post
I'm not fully convinced he will be able to transfer his style of play to the NHL style.
His style of play? How much have you seen him play?

Tiranis is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 10:18 PM
  #83
Royal Canuck
Go Canucks Go!
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,850
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
His style of play? How much have you seen him play?
Small clips, but from what I've seen he has a very european style of play. He utilizes the entire ice, which is bigger overseas so it'll be interesting to see how he does on North American soil.

Royal Canuck is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 10:21 PM
  #84
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,769
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Something wrong with a Canadian being named Forsberg, and a Fin being named Barkov. It just totally goes against everything I have learned about hockey names and nationalities the past 20 years.

__________________
http://www.vancitynitetours.com
y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 10:27 PM
  #85
Jevo
Registered User
 
Jevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Denmark
Posts: 2,491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Something wrong with a Canadian being named Forsberg, and a Fin being named Barkov. It just totally goes against everything I have learned about hockey names and nationalities the past 20 years.
To your defense, Barkovs father is a Russian who moved to Finland the year before Barkov was born. And Barkov does have dual-nationality as well.

Jevo is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 11:57 PM
  #86
Jamie Benn
NHL Draft Enthusiast
 
Jamie Benn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: At The Rink
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,846
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Canuck View Post
Small clips, but from what I've seen he has a very european style of play. He utilizes the entire ice, which is bigger overseas so it'll be interesting to see how he does on North American soil.
He has size, has a two-way game and will be a top 10 pick. Think of Filip Forsberg

Jamie Benn is offline  
Old
10-02-2012, 12:09 AM
  #87
NugentHopkinsfan
Registered User
 
NugentHopkinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,088
vCash: 500
Jones seems like a guy you can build a cup contender around. Its very rare for me to care about a prospect or follow one but he has me fully interested.

NugentHopkinsfan is offline  
Old
10-02-2012, 12:53 AM
  #88
crazy Kassian
The North Remembers
 
crazy Kassian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 4,577
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback91 View Post
needs more Duclair
not in my top 10

crazy Kassian is offline  
Old
10-02-2012, 08:37 AM
  #89
Tiranis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 20,974
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yandle Bars View Post
He has size, has a two-way game and will be a top 10 pick. Think of Filip Forsberg
Except Barkov might have the best hockey sense of anyone in this draft whereas with Forsberg people questioned how high his offensive upside might be. Honestly, not that impressed with what I've seen out of MacKinnon — certainly, to me, not the most impressive prospect since Crosby (not even close). I would easily compare both Jones and Barkov to him and personally rate them higher due to their upside.

Tiranis is offline  
Old
10-02-2012, 11:31 AM
  #90
Royal Canuck
Go Canucks Go!
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,850
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
Except Barkov might have the best hockey sense of anyone in this draft whereas with Forsberg people questioned how high his offensive upside might be. Honestly, not that impressed with what I've seen out of MacKinnon certainly, to me, not the most impressive prospect since Crosby (not even close). I would easily compare both Jones and Barkov to him and personally rate them higher due to their upside.
as a 16 year old, he tore up the Q. Who knows how many points he'll get this season. Plus, he's playing for the Halifax Mooseheads and carried them to the conference finals last season.

Royal Canuck is offline  
Old
10-02-2012, 12:42 PM
  #91
windflare
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Vancouver, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,247
vCash: 500
Barkov will be a top 5 pick come this draft. He is really the total package - great hockey sense, not only on offense but also on defense, takeaway machine that's reminiscent of Datsyuk.

windflare is offline  
Old
10-06-2012, 04:08 AM
  #92
thefeebster
Registered User
 
thefeebster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 5,542
vCash: 500
Just another night, another one for the highlight reel for Drouin. My god, his hands are filthy. So how do we rig this lottery?

Early rankings by hockeyprospect... the top 30 should drum up some convo in here. There are some interesting rankings to say the least. http://www.hockeyprospect.com/2013-n...aft-newsletter

thefeebster is offline  
Old
10-06-2012, 09:09 AM
  #93
JayBeautiful
Nature Boy
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Maple Ridge BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 449
vCash: 500
WTF there will be a season played this year so get any ideas of ideas of Mackinnon, Jones, Barkov, etc out of your heads. Start thinking about who might be available with the 30th pick overall, book it

JayBeautiful is offline  
Old
10-06-2012, 01:33 PM
  #94
Vankiller Whale
And so it begins
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBeautiful View Post
WTF there will be a season played this year so get any ideas of ideas of Mackinnon, Jones, Barkov, etc out of your heads. Start thinking about who might be available with the 30th pick overall, book it


I was more thinking about who we could pick with the 1st we get from a Luongo trade. Obviously with our own pick it would be much harder to get star talent at 30th overall.

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
10-06-2012, 03:02 PM
  #95
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons
 
vanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 10,131
vCash: 500
If there's a season and we get the 30th overall pick without trading for it, I'm pretty sure people won't be too picky over who we take.

vanuck is offline  
Old
10-06-2012, 03:24 PM
  #96
ihaveyuidonttouchme
Registered User
 
ihaveyuidonttouchme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,607
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
If there's a season and we get the 30th overall pick without trading for it, I'm pretty sure people won't be too picky over who we take.
even if its ..patrick white?

ihaveyuidonttouchme is offline  
Old
10-06-2012, 03:35 PM
  #97
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons
 
vanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 10,131
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveyuidonttouchme View Post
even if its ..patrick white?
In exchange for a Cup? Well I guess!

vanuck is offline  
Old
10-06-2012, 06:44 PM
  #98
crazy Kassian
The North Remembers
 
crazy Kassian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 4,577
vCash: 500
15 points for Drouin with a period left...

41 points in 24 games starting from the playoffs, this kid looks like Giroux

crazy Kassian is offline  
Old
10-06-2012, 06:56 PM
  #99
Mason10
Bacon
 
Mason10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy Kassian View Post
15 points for Drouin with a period left...

41 points in 24 games starting from the playoffs, this kid looks like Giroux
you make it sound like he had 15 points in one game.

Mason10 is offline  
Old
10-06-2012, 07:09 PM
  #100
crazy Kassian
The North Remembers
 
crazy Kassian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 4,577
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason10 View Post
you make it sound like he had 15 points in one game.


It's 10-2 for Halifax now

crazy Kassian is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.