Notices

NHL 13 & General Video Game Discussion Part Quatre

Closed Thread

Old
09-29-2012, 06:51 PM
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil

vCash: 16145
Sim most of my games. I play the couple that are against teams that I hold their first round pick, for (Anaheim, Lightning, and Columbus). Stopped at 33 GP, Cullen had 40 points! Holy crap! Only had 53 points in 75 games the previous year and already has 4 more goals. Wow.

John Michael-Liles continues to be a sim beast along with Thornton.

If you want to trade for a first round pick, just have a depth signing in the summer with someone in the summer that has at least 80 Overall. Even if you have no intention of playing him, he's still worth a first. Picked up Vinny Prospal off waivers and got a first for him, after playing 30 games and ripping up the AHL. Got a first for Stoner, too. on the computers part.

Still waiting for a real high scoring person to be put on waivers, like Crosby. Haven't seen it, but its early yet.

And Harding really sucks in this game. Has a .750 sv pct. smh

Old
09-29-2012, 07:04 PM
D U M B A
The Disaster March

vCash: 523
Carolina did an awful trade with Tampa Bay in my GM mode (forgot who they swapped but it was a first rounder for a mediocre player) and in the process, lose Eric Staal on waivers to Calgary.

Old
09-29-2012, 07:27 PM
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil

Sadly, an improvement from the previous A.I..

Old
09-30-2012, 08:47 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 50
Up to 98000 in pucks now and I still have a number of decent cards that need to sell including J. Neal, J. Bernier, Tanguay, and Hemsky.

Old
09-30-2012, 10:32 PM
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil

Play with them, too. That'd be fun.

Old
10-01-2012, 12:11 AM
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party

vCash: 500
Drafted Jonathan Huberdeau in GM mode(I did the fantasy draft). Sent him down to juniors for the first year. I believe he started out at a 69 after one year down there hes and 85 Sven Baertschi did pretty much the same thing got up to 84 after one year in the AHL.

Player values are pretty messed up though. I have Oshie and J. Staal 84 and 87 respectively with good potential left but they aren't worth ****. Probably worth less than half the two mentioned above.

Old
10-01-2012, 12:43 AM
D U M B A
The Disaster March

vCash: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patp14 View Post
Drafted Jonathan Huberdeau in GM mode(I did the fantasy draft). Sent him down to juniors for the first year. I believe he started out at a 69 after one year down there hes and 85 Sven Baertschi did pretty much the same thing got up to 84 after one year in the AHL.

Player values are pretty messed up though. I have Oshie and J. Staal 84 and 87 respectively with good potential left but they aren't worth ****. Probably worth less than half the two mentioned above.
Staal specifically, I traded for him in my first year for GM mode and he put up monster numbers. The next year it actually reflected on the year he had and his trade value is now under the A in VALUE (before it was under the D in TRADE). So hold onto them, inflate their stats, and it should change for you too.

Old
10-01-2012, 01:50 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious Secret View Post
Play with them, too. That'd be fun.
Still waiting on a decent priced Simon Gagne before I play online. Been searching for one for two and a half weeks now.

Old
10-01-2012, 02:37 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Boo-yah!! First ever steal from my iPhone, Loui Eriksson for 4500.

Old
10-01-2012, 11:26 PM
SaintAnthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Boo-yah!! First ever steal from my iPhone, Loui Eriksson for 4500.
Suter for 3800. Wanna sell him for profit but think I'm gonna have to keep it for now and get a Wild team change card.

Old
10-02-2012, 12:10 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Already posted this on the HUT thread but whatever. . . . .

Still deciding on what my 3rd and 4th lines are gonna be but my top 2 lines along with my defense and goaltending is set for now. Used a Change Team Minnesota card on every d-man and goaltender and I plan on doing it to all the forwards as well.

Gagne 86 - Duchene 86 - Kessel 86
Grabner (RW-LW) 84 - Vermette A 86 - Hemsky C 85
? - ? - ?
? - ? - ?

J. Johnson 86 - Z. Michalek A 85
M. Carle 85 - Gilbert 84
Gleason 83 - Wideman 84

Varlamov 85
Dubnyk 84

Old
10-02-2012, 12:34 AM
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Already posted this on the HUT thread but whatever. . . . .

Still deciding on what my 3rd and 4th lines are gonna be but my top 2 lines along with my defense and goaltending is set for now. Used a Change Team Minnesota card on every d-man and goaltender and I plan on doing it to all the forwards as well.

Gagne 86 - Duchene 86 - Kessel 86
Grabner (RW-LW) 84 - Vermette A 86 - Hemsky C 85
? - ? - ?
? - ? - ?

J. Johnson 86 - Z. Michalek A 85
M. Carle 85 - Gilbert 84
Gleason 83 - Wideman 84

Varlamov 85
Dubnyk 84
Get Mason Raymond and Viktor Stallberg for your wingers on that third line. It looks like you have a fast team already, but add those two and your set. One option for that third line center could be Kyle Turris as your center for that third line or David Desharnais. Just a few my boys, but it all comes down to what kind of third line you want. I love my third line to be fast scorers. Same goes for my whole team actually. No need for slow grinders. Agility is so key in this game IMO.

Raymond(SNP) - Turris(PLY) - Stallberg(PWF)

That line is fast as ****

Old
10-02-2012, 01:59 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patp14 View Post
Get Mason Raymond and Viktor Stallberg for your wingers on that third line. It looks like you have a fast team already, but add those two and your set. One option for that third line center could be Kyle Turris as your center for that third line or David Desharnais. Just a few my boys, but it all comes down to what kind of third line you want. I love my third line to be fast scorers. Same goes for my whole team actually. No need for slow grinders. Agility is so key in this game IMO.

Raymond(SNP) - Turris(PLY) - Stallberg(PWF)

That line is fast as ****
Yeah I originally had Raymond as my 2nd line LW but I found a good deal on Grabner so I went with him instead. Still have Raymond though. I'm probably gonna go with a 3rd line of Filppula (C-LW) - Legwand/Lombardi - J. Williams A.

That way all 3 of my forward lines will have players with 90+ speed and 99 chemistry once I apply some team change cards. I always have LH shots play LW and RH shots play RW so that's why I changed Grabner to LW.

Old
10-02-2012, 08:31 AM
Engebretson
Another GopherClone

I grabbed Backes last night for a 1450 BIN. He was untouched with a 12 game contract.

Old
10-02-2012, 09:13 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I bought Katamari Forever last night. So strange that you'll want to do drugs just to feel normal.

Old
10-02-2012, 09:20 AM
HobeyBroten

How does the HUT work? Do you have to purchase credit with cash/CC to get different cards or do you acquire them as you play throughout the season? I am curious because one night when I came back from the bar I set up a team (I guess) and I don't remember what I did nor do I recall how it all works, but it seems to be the most popular mode you guys play. Little ?

Old
10-02-2012, 10:42 AM
Engebretson
Another GopherClone

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobeyBroten View Post
How does the HUT work? Do you have to purchase credit with cash/CC to get different cards or do you acquire them as you play throughout the season? I am curious because one night when I came back from the bar I set up a team (I guess) and I don't remember what I did nor do I recall how it all works, but it seems to be the most popular mode you guys play. Little ?
Basically, you get a starter pack of players (which gives you a full team) and you play games (against the CPU or others like you) and receive "pucks" for your performance in that game. Pucks is the currency in which you can purchase packs of cards or go to the online auction house and purchase players that other people have put up for auction. You build your team through the use of these "pucks" or even trading with other people online. I probably missed a few things, but that's basically the concept.

Old
10-02-2012, 10:42 AM
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
I bought Katamari Forever last night. So strange that you'll want to do drugs just to feel normal.
One of my roomies bought Katamari a couple years ago. All I can say is good times and drugs haha

Old
10-02-2012, 10:46 AM
HobeyBroten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engebretson View Post
Basically, you get a starter pack of players (which gives you a full team) and you play games (against the CPU or others like you) and receive "pucks" for your performance in that game. Pucks is the currency in which you can purchase packs of cards or go to the online auction house and purchase players that other people have put up for auction. You build your team through the use of these "pucks" or even trading with other people online. I probably missed a few things, but that's basically the concept.
Thanks, you got me hooked with that description!

Did someone say something about having an app for iOS or Android where you can link it up to your HUT in order to manage it outside of your PS3/Xbox?

Old
10-02-2012, 11:05 AM
Engebretson
Another GopherClone

Quote:
Thanks, you got me hooked with that description!

Did someone say something about having an app for iOS or Android where you can link it up to your HUT in order to manage it outside of your PS3/Xbox?
No problem.

I know there's an app for IOS, but I'm not sure about Android.

Old
10-02-2012, 11:17 AM
HobeyBroten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engebretson View Post
No problem.

I know there's an app for IOS, but I'm not sure about Android.
Do you or anyone else know the name of it?

Old
10-02-2012, 11:55 AM
Engebretson
Another GopherClone

Quote:
Do you or anyone else know the name of it?
Should just be NHL 13 Companion App, but you should be able to find it just by searching for "NHL" at the App Store on your IOS device.

Old
10-02-2012, 03:47 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

I'm laughing at all these people (and to a lesser extent myself) for spending all this money on card packs for HUT. I'm proud to say that I've accumulated over 120 k in pucks in the three weeks I've played HUT without spending a single cent. I must've spent at least $40 on packs in 12 in the first couple months after its release. Playing the market is great if you know how to do it effectively.

Old
10-02-2012, 03:51 PM
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil

But that money spent on 12 also led to you having more pucks to start on this game.

Old
10-02-2012, 04:55 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious Secret View Post
But that money spent on 12 also led to you having more pucks to start on this game.
Perhaps but not that much. I started with just under 23 k and spent well over half of it on players for my original team before I started playing the market.

Closed Thread