HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

Lady Advice Thread XXX: Hey, how you doin'? (Warning in OP)

Closed Thread

Old
09-29-2012, 03:50 PM
Dubi Doo

vCash: 2225
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dayvan Cowboy View Post
So I went to a party last night. My friend was hitting on two cute girls and it wasn't going over well at all, so I decided to step in. This one blonde (her friend was a brunette) was really buying into what I was selling, so we danced for a while. Danced and made out and her hands were all over, talked and **** too for probably an hour. They shut down the music and I'm asking if shes coming to my place or I'm getting her number and her brunette "BFF" comes over and they essentially tell me together that she is technically engaged and has a child (she is my age. The girl, not the her kid) and that I could only get the brunette friends phone number, and would have to earn the girl I was with all nights number.

This would happen to me.
I had a similar situation that I mentioned in a previous thread. Except the girl works with me, and keeps on pursuing. She has a kid and a boyfriend. People now a days have no loyalty. So sad.

Ill be at a party with her on Saturday. Not sure what will happen, but I've done some dumb things while intoxicated, so I might have a good story next Sunday.

Old
09-29-2012, 04:26 PM
The Dayvan Cowboy
Registered Genius

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi Doo View Post
I had a similar situation that I mentioned in a previous thread. Except the girl works with me, and keeps on pursuing. She has a kid and a boyfriend. People now a days have no loyalty. So sad.

Ill be at a party with her on Saturday. Not sure what will happen, but I've done some dumb things while intoxicated, so I might have a good story next Sunday.
She said they "broke up" last Sunday but were still technically engaged. Too much mess. I said some really stupid **** to her in an effort to get laid.

Last edited by The Dayvan Cowboy: 09-29-2012 at 05:00 PM.
Old
09-29-2012, 05:48 PM
Dubi Doo

Quote:
I said some really stupid **** to her in an effort to get laid.

Hahaha...haven't we all.

That should be the next thread title.

Old
09-29-2012, 11:24 PM
Armond White
Go Sabres!

Quote:
Hahaha...haven't we all.

That should be the next thread title.
"Lady Thread XXXI: Stupid Things to Say"

Old
09-29-2012, 11:54 PM
guest1467

Quote:
So I went to a party last night. My friend was hitting on two cute girls and it wasn't going over well at all, so I decided to step in. This one blonde (her friend was a brunette) was really buying into what I was selling, so we danced for a while. Danced and made out and her hands were all over, talked and **** too for probably an hour. They shut down the music and I'm asking if shes coming to my place or I'm getting her number and her brunette "BFF" comes over and they essentially tell me together that she is technically engaged and has a child (she is my age. The girl, not the her kid) and that I could only get the brunette friends phone number, and would have to earn the girl I was with all nights number.

This would happen to me.
Dude. Oh my god hahaha, you do know what the bold means don't you?

Jesus christ man.

Old
09-30-2012, 12:14 AM
The Dayvan Cowboy
Registered Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Dude. Oh my god hahaha, you do know what the bold means don't you?

Jesus christ man.
Yeah, that crossed my mind but I really don't think so. I had barely talked to her at all before that whole **** block and she just kind of said she didn't trust her blonde friend with me and that it was a delicate situation with her engagement and because she has a kid she wanted to make sure I'm not like some bad dude or something.

I'll be seeing more of the brunette either way...still not going to text her though.

Old
09-30-2012, 12:16 AM
guest1467

Quote:
Yeah, that crossed my mind but I really don't think so. I had barely talked to her at all before that whole **** block and she just kind of said she didn't trust her blonde friend with me and that it was a delicate situation with her engagement and because she has a kid she wanted to make sure I'm not like some bad dude or something.

I'll be seeing more of the brunette either way...still not going to text her though.
Take the brunette on a date, see what happens.

Old
09-30-2012, 12:18 AM
The Dayvan Cowboy
Registered Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Take the brunette on a date, see what happens.
This was a Greek system event and we're having a "sleep over" with her Sorority in a few weeks. I'll take my chances.

Old
09-30-2012, 01:24 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
For anyone who cares or remembers, that girl I thought was just gonna end up being a friend won't be by Tuesday.

Found out she likes me through a friend of ours, and I honestly don't know how I never realized it once I knew.

Asking her to homecoming on Tuesday, but no idea how. Def. not doing anything big or fancy, but I don't just wanna ask either, and I'm stuck on how. That's where imma need some help.

Old
09-30-2012, 04:48 AM
EchoesoftheEighties
Binary Planets

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
For anyone who cares or remembers, that girl I thought was just gonna end up being a friend won't be by Tuesday.

Found out she likes me through a friend of ours, and I honestly don't know how I never realized it once I knew.

Asking her to homecoming on Tuesday, but no idea how. Def. not doing anything big or fancy, but I don't just wanna ask either, and I'm stuck on how. That's where imma need some help.

Old
10-01-2012, 09:11 AM
gojackets1
Someday.

Alright guys, youre probably going to think this is hilarious, but since I'm getting surgery tomorrow and will be essentially bedridden all week, I decided I'm going to spend my time reading through all of the lady advice threads to try and find some situation similar to the awful one I'm in. Ill post it when im done with the threads.

Cheers

Old
10-02-2012, 03:25 AM
UtahBs
Rookie User

Quick question for some random people out there. My girl and I of five years broke up about seven-ish months ago. I've been with multiple girls since then; however, I met a girl I think I might like.

First time since my break-up that I wanted to enjoy a girls company minus anything sexual. But, I just found out she's six years my younger. I'm 27, she's 21. I can't tell if i'm manipulating her intellectually because I have had a lot of girlfriends, and raised by primarily girls, or if she's actually into me. How do I express this "like" without being a weird old creep? We've already made out, and she has slept over multiple times. (I refused her physical sexual advances... for now) Would it be wrong for a guy my age to pursue a woman this age considering my background and age?

Old
10-02-2012, 05:26 AM
f1nn

vCash: 1312
Send a message via AIM to f1nn
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBruins4 View Post
Quick question for some random people out there. My girl and I of five years broke up about seven-ish months ago. I've been with multiple girls since then; however, I met a girl I think I might like.

First time since my break-up that I wanted to enjoy a girls company minus anything sexual. But, I just found out she's six years my younger. I'm 27, she's 21. I can't tell if i'm manipulating her intellectually because I have had a lot of girlfriends, and raised by primarily girls, or if she's actually into me. How do I express this "like" without being a weird old creep? We've already made out, and she has slept over multiple times. (I refused her physical sexual advances... for now) Would it be wrong for a guy my age to pursue a woman this age considering my background and age?
She's a big girl.. old enough to make her own decisions.. I don't see how you'd come across as a "weird old creep" since you've already made out and she's shown interest.. I think the biggest question is are the two of you looking for the same thing (since there is an age gap) but if you are and the age gap doesn't cause problems then I don't see anything wrong with it

Old
10-02-2012, 06:14 AM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

vCash: 50
Quote:

27 vs 21 isn't that big of a deal.

Bolded part: Grow a pair and make it happen

Old
10-02-2012, 08:11 AM
DeflatedFootball7

Talked to the girl I've been interested in last night for the first time since the incident at the bar. She didn't say anything about it and was happy to talk so I dunno. I'm considering asking her out soon.

Old
10-02-2012, 12:11 PM
UtahBs
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchBrawl View Post
27 vs 21 isn't that big of a deal.

Bolded part: Grow a pair and make it happen
That isn't a problem. I guess I might be nervous that it might be too soon or something, or maybe that i'd lose interest after it happened. Every other girl i've been with since my ex, I pretty much turn into a jerk, and I don't know why. I heard some advice saying, "the best way to get over one is to get under one." Probably over thinking this whole thing because I do like her, and I don't want it to just be another notch. Oh well, time to make it happen. Tonight. See what happens. Ugh. Thanks for the responses ya'll.

Old
10-02-2012, 12:22 PM
UtahBs
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1nn View Post
She's a big girl.. old enough to make her own decisions.. I don't see how you'd come across as a "weird old creep" since you've already made out and she's shown interest.. I think the biggest question is are the two of you looking for the same thing (since there is an age gap) but if you are and the age gap doesn't cause problems then I don't see anything wrong with it
Sorry for this, I don't know how to quote multiple people in one post. I, obviously, do not post much. When you asked if the both of us are looking for the same thing, are you saying that because she is younger than me that she might just want to hook up and be done? I'm not trying to come across as a guy that wants to marry her, but I would like to get to know her more than sexually.

Maybe my follow up question would be, is she hanging out with me a bunch because she is trying to hook up, or does she genuinely want to be around me? Which is something that only I can figure out. I'm just confused because this is the first one i've really cared about since my break-up.

Old
10-02-2012, 01:18 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

Rule of thumb: half your age + 7

27/2 = 13.5
13.5 + 7 = 20.5

Round that up to 21, and it appears she just made the cut-off.

Old
10-02-2012, 04:10 PM
Dubi Doo

Quote:
That isn't a problem. I guess I might be nervous that it might be too soon or something, or maybe that i'd lose interest after it happened. Every other girl i've been with since my ex, I pretty much turn into a jerk, and I don't know why. I heard some advice saying, "the best way to get over one is to get under one." Probably over thinking this whole thing because I do like her, and I don't want it to just be another notch. Oh well, time to make it happen. Tonight. See what happens. Ugh. Thanks for the responses ya'll.
So you're looking for more than a fwb with her? Not a good idea. The age difference means nothing if you're looking to get laid, but for anything more, it usually causes a ton of problems. Not to mention a majority of people that age aren't ready to settle.

My opinion? You're thinking way too much into it. Just have fun. It's not like you're going to marry this girl one day.

Old
10-02-2012, 05:27 PM
UtahBs
Rookie User

Quote:
So you're looking for more than a fwb with her? Not a good idea. The age difference means nothing if you're looking to get laid, but for anything more, it usually causes a ton of problems. Not to mention a majority of people that age aren't ready to settle.

My opinion? You're thinking way too much into it. Just have fun. It's not like you're going to marry this girl one day.
You're right. Good advice. Need to quit thinking about it so much, and just let this ride out naturally.

Old
10-02-2012, 10:28 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:

It worked. No hc, but it worked.

Old
10-02-2012, 11:15 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Quote:
It worked. No hc, but it worked.
Awesome! Keep your confidence and personality with you and things will go as well as possible.

Key in a new relationship is to be open and real. Act as you normally would - don't fake things and you're giving this the best shot to last.

Old
10-02-2012, 11:56 PM
Backstrom #19
Fire them all

vCash: 50
To everybody who said I shouldn't make a move on the girl who had a kid...**** you. Couldn't be happier.

Old
10-03-2012, 12:09 AM
The Dayvan Cowboy
Registered Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstrom #19 View Post
To everybody who said I shouldn't make a move on the girl who had a kid...**** you. Couldn't be happier.
Well, I passed on a girl who had a kid. Let's do a graph of our happiness as it corresponds to those decisions.

I'm willing to bet yours will have a lot more variation...and a sharp drop.

Old
10-03-2012, 12:11 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Awesome! Keep your confidence and personality with you and things will go as well as possible.

Key in a new relationship is to be open and real. Act as you normally would - don't fake things and you're giving this the best shot to last.
First one I've been in, but tbh, doesn't feel like much has changed at all since we were good friends before. Just get to see each other in person more now.

Closed Thread