HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Official 2012/2013 ticket thread Part 4 (ALL ticket talk HERE)(RULES IN FIRST POST)

Closed Thread

Old
09-22-2012, 09:19 PM
DarrenBanks56

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch View Post
Good for you for asking.

However, be prepared for this reply...
haha.
i probably wont even call. Im just so pissed right now.

To lose a full season 6 years ago, then 6 years later have the same thing happen.
Retarded. If you lose a season, the next deal should be good for years to come. Not 6 years. These clowns are so clueless its baffling.

I wish the players werent allowed to play over seas

Old
09-23-2012, 12:00 AM
dafoomie
Eat Mor Chikin

Send a message via AIM to dafoomie
Is the time to buy approaching for non STH? I'm thinking of waiting until regular season games start getting cancelled, I'm sure people are hurting since they still have to pay without any income from the seats.

Old
09-23-2012, 06:56 AM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
I don't want a lock out but if what you paint comes to fruition I'd love it. I'll be the first to say if its good for me, I'm all in. If season ticket holders bail fine with me. This new success and all the new fans has done nothing but started a price rise like I saw with my Patriots and Red Sox tickets.

I don't take any of this lockout stuff personal and those that tell me to boycott I got three words for you- go **** yourself.

I had Red Sox tickets in 1994 during the strike, the Bruins since 1983 and we had Patriots going back to 1976- so I've seen my share of this garbage and I have better things to do than get all emotional over it. If it bothers me I'd leave. In fact the only time I ever left the Bruins was not for a strike or lockout it was because of Jacobs related that pissed me off so bad I said **** it after my parents had seats since the late 40's. However, they stepped up to the plate were great, and have continued to be outfreakingstanding to me. I mean they shiit ice cream over there in my opinion. I will not get into it here but I was more pissed at them than any post here and told them so when they contacted me- tracking me down at work which considering what I was doing that day was not easy. It all worked out great for me.

I don't blame some for wanting to bail and after reading these threads I think some should. If enough people do it you can probably get tickets easy enough.

Oh, and one other thing. I've had tickets for Red Sox and Bruins and Patriots and its not even close who treats you the best- Bruins. I could do a three hour rant on the other two. You talk about ass kissing when things are going bad and treating you like Paul Ryan does woman when things are going good that is the Patriots and Red Sox.
I hear where you're coming from. I haven't been a STH nearly as long as you. And I reality don't deal in Pats tickets at all. But from my experiences with the B's, C's and Sox, I'd definitely say the B's have been the best. That said, there has been a steady decline in perks and overall attention/customer service since I joined in '08-'09.

I'm admittedly a pessimist. And say all these things well speculating there is only maybe a 20% chance the entire season is lost. For me, that is still a big percentage. And all things considered, the B's have not gone above and beyond during a difficult time for their fans to ensure they retain them. I can't go back 20-40 years and speak of how they have taken care of me, as you can. I have the last 4 years. All I know is there has been a steady decline. It is to be expected when times are good. But when times start to slump (as I believe they are right now) it's their job to suck it up and do the right thing. Imo, they aren't.

You obviously see things different than I do. I get the impression you're willing to sacrifice having an elite team for having a below average to average team and be able to have cheaper ST's and have better access to additional tickets. I think you are in the minority there. Boston sports fans in general have proven time and again that they are willing to pay for a winning product....and pay a lot.

While I enjoy going to 15+ or so games a year, based on the total number of seats I own, I'm looking at my investment from mostly a business stand point. And although there are still a decent portion of STH's who use more than 50% of their own seats on a regular basis to go to games, I'd be willing to bet the number of small-sellers/brokers combined with the number of fans who own ST's and sell more than 50% of there games for profit make up more than 50% of the ST base. Because of this the B's are look at things differently than both you and I see them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafoomie View Post
Is the time to buy approaching for non STH? I'm thinking of waiting until regular season games start getting cancelled, I'm sure people are hurting since they still have to pay without any income from the seats.
My .02, if you buy anything now through SH or another reseller you are most likely going to receive a refund. I am not even selling any of my B's tickets. More than likely if you wait till later during the lockout prices will get cheaper...but you'll still get a refund. And when we get into Oct or Nov, I'd be willing to bet SH will stop selling NHL tix all together until there is a new CBA.

Last edited by Looch: 09-23-2012 at 06:20 PM. Reason: spelling
Old
09-23-2012, 08:44 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch View Post
I hear wear you're coming from. I haven't been a STH nearly as long as you. And I reality don't deal in Pats tickets at all. But from my experiences with the B's, C's and Sox, I'd definitely say the B's have been the best. That said, there has been a steady decline in perks and overall attention/customer service since I joined in '08-'09.

I', admittedly a pessimist. And say all these things well speculating there is only a maybe a 20% chance the entire season is lost. For me, that is still a big percentage. And all things considered, the B's have not gone above and beyond during a difficult time for their fans to ensure they retain them. I can't go back 20-40 years and speak of how they have taken care of me. I have the last 4 years. ll I know is there has been a steady decline. It is to be expected when times are good. But when times start to slump (as I believe they are right now) it's their job to suck it up and do the right thing. Imo, they aren't.

You obviously see things different than I do. I get the impression you're willing to sacrifice having an elite team for having a below average to average team and be able to have cheaper ST's and have better access to additional tickets. I think you are in the minority there. Boston sports fans in general have proven time and again that they are willing to pay for a winning product....and pay a lot.

While I enjoy going to 15+ or so games a year, based on the total number of seats I own, I'm looking at my investment from mostly a business stand point. And although there are still a decent portion of STH's who use more than 50% of their own seats on a regular basis to go to games, I'd be willing to bet the number of small-sellers/brokers combined with the number of fans who own ST's and sell more than 50% of there games for profit make up more than 50% of the ST base. Because of this the B's are look at things differently than both you and I see them.

My .02, if you buy anything now through SH or another reseller you are most likely going to receive a refund. I am not even selling any of my B's tickets. More than likely if you wait till later during the lockout prices will get cheaper...but you'll still get a refund. And when we get into Oct or Nov, I'd be willing to bet SH will stop selling NHL tix all together until there is a new CBA.
I could sell my tickets very easily for big coin and have a guy at my gym who has a standing offer- he'll pay my entire season for 20 games- of course that is a loss for me because the Capitals tickets in back of me for game 7 went on SH for $875, and tickets 6 rows to my left in section over went for over 600. The Rangers game last year went the guy told me he payed 2,000 for the four seats, and Boomer Esiasen was there for the matinee game last year, and not sure what he paid but he said they were very expensive but worth it- his Rangers won.

My buddy who is here posting (not this thread but in general) from time to time and I go to Pats games with- Has Bruins seats and also buys my Bruins seats figures 5 games (Rangers, Flyers, few other selected games) I can pay off most of the season but because money aint a problem I have resisted- however, if it gets crazy and the demand is high I may entertain it.

I don't expect a Cup every year and balance out entertainment vs cost. I am not part of this 'gotta have everything now' generation, or have can I **** the next person and make a buck.

we all have our agenda's- I got mine, you got yours, those reading have their's. I want a Cup of course because money aint the issue today (my tickets are paid) but good, bad, or average if I believe the Bruins are making an effort and not being douches to the public or specifically me I'll stay and except for that ONE time have.

Last edited by DKH: 09-23-2012 at 08:50 AM.
Old
09-23-2012, 02:41 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
I could sell my tickets very easily for big coin and have a guy at my gym who has a standing offer- he'll pay my entire season for 20 games- of course that is a loss for me because the Capitals tickets in back of me for game 7 went on SH for $875, and tickets 6 rows to my left in section over went for over 600. The Rangers game last year went the guy told me he payed 2,000 for the four seats, and Boomer Esiasen was there for the matinee game last year, and not sure what he paid but he said they were very expensive but worth it- his Rangers won.

My buddy who is here posting (not this thread but in general) from time to time and I go to Pats games with- Has Bruins seats and also buys my Bruins seats figures 5 games (Rangers, Flyers, few other selected games) I can pay off most of the season but because money aint a problem I have resisted- however, if it gets crazy and the demand is high I may entertain it.

I don't expect a Cup every year and balance out entertainment vs cost. I am not part of this 'gotta have everything now' generation, or have can I **** the next person and make a buck.

we all have our agenda's- I got mine, you got yours, those reading have their's. I want a Cup of course because money aint the issue today (my tickets are paid) but good, bad, or average if I believe the Bruins are making an effort and not being douches to the public or specifically me I'll stay and except for that ONE time have.

As far as the beginning goes, I realize you don't resell your tickets for profit. But that is because you have no need to. Many others do need to to keep their seats. I believe the number of STH's who sell at least a portion of their seats/games for profit is far greater than 50%. Not that they are brokers. But that most either rely on that income to pay bills, or they rely on it to subsidize the rest of their ticket so the games they can go to are affordable.

Not that is matters a great deal. But I believe it's a much higher percentage of number of STH's who have seats in loge sections 21-3 and 10-14 who do not resell their seats, than the entire rest of the building (club and suite sections aside obviously). Those center ice loge STH have the highest disposable income and more than likely, either go to most of the games, give them away or sell them at cost. This is because they have the least reason to rely on needing to re-sell any of their seats. Honestly, if I made a much higher salary and my profession wasn't a ticket broker, I'd enjoy selling more tickets for face value and occasionally giving them as gifts. I likely couldn't afford to though.

I strongly believe the amount of STH's who have already paid in full are far less than the amount who are still on some form of a payment plan. Out of those, I think it's safe to assume most are on the ten month payment plan. So I could see how the B's continuing to take monthly payments out of fans during the lock out isn't a big deal to you.

I don't want to speculate and get myself into too much trouble. But I am going to guess that if you have a pair of good loge seats, have had your seats for 10+ years and are already paid in full, you probably have a little more disposable income than the average B's STH. You are obviously a very valuable season ticket holder to the B's. And I say that with absolutely no sarcasm intended. If I am the B's, you are in an elite group of STH's who I feel it crucially import to reach out to and "take care of" (this sounds so much better than "kiss your ass" ).

I definitely respect your take on the organization. And while you may not agree on everyone else's take, I get the feeling you respect it.

We are all in different situations. We all go to a different amount of regular season games. We all make different incomes. Because of all of these factors, imo, there is no right or wrong way for each individual STH to handle a situation like the current lockout. However, I still feel it is the B's job, as a organization, to go above any beyond to retain the most important investors in their team-- their season ticket holders. To that end, I feel by offering two separate options, which both myself and many other STH's believe are lousy, they have let down a good portion of their most valuable fans.

Average joe STH's who are STILL on a month to month payment plan, look and see all the other teams in the league suspending their payments since they are not getting the entertainment value that they were planning on. The B's could EASILY do this...they have chosen not to.

I stupidly paid in full for my mini plans. God only knows why, but I wasn't thinking of the looming lockout when I purchased them. Hinds sight is always 20/20. I wish I had that money back. I have a good feeling they with screw the mini plan holder. The right thing to do would be to refund them all and let them repurchase them since the dates are all going to change. However, I'm over it. I made the choice to pay in full. It was a bad decision on my part. But I can live with it. If I had chosen a payment plan on my mini plans, they would be suspending payments on them they they are everyone else who was smart enough to take the payment plan. If they can do this on mini plans, why can't they do it on full season plans??? They can..but they choose not to. As they have A LOT more to lose in interest.

Last edited by Looch: 09-23-2012 at 06:28 PM. Reason: spelling
Old
09-27-2012, 05:11 PM
WickedBruinsGirl

Received the email about the cancelled pre-season games.

Your account will be credited with the APR credit option you selected for these missed games at the end of October.

09-28-2012, 07:20 AM
RBurgundy

So am I understanding this correctly. If we take the 3% back, it'll be credited to our accounts but not paid to us. So if the season is completely locked out, we'll have already paid for next season as they are still taking our payments (and I was dumb enough to pay in full) so the only way to actually get the 3% (not that it'd be too awful much anyhow) would be to renew for the 2014-2015 season?

I think I'll take the 3% option just because I'll probably renew anyhow. The only reason I'm a little scared of this is if they end the lock out half way through the season, try to cram way to many games into a very short time period and then I get tired of going to them all and am already locked in for next year.

Old
09-28-2012, 08:00 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBurgundy View Post
So am I understanding this correctly. If we take the 3% back, it'll be credited to our accounts but not paid to us. So if the season is completely locked out, we'll have already paid for next season as they are still taking our payments (and I was dumb enough to pay in full) so the only way to actually get the 3% (not that it'd be too awful much anyhow) would be to renew for the 2014-2015 season?

I think I'll take the 3% option just because I'll probably renew anyhow. The only reason I'm a little scared of this is if they end the lock out half way through the season, try to cram way to many games into a very short time period and then I get tired of going to them all and am already locked in for next year.
I'm a little concerned about this too. We already chose option 1, we knew that we were renewing no matter what so it just made sense for us.

But man do those long homestands get tiring sometimes. Going to games Tues/Thurs/Sat doesn't leave much time for other activities. Squeezing in a few more of those streches could make for a long (but short!) and more unenjoyable season.

For non-STHs who are reading this, yes, I realize it probably sounds whiny, spoiled. and stupid to you. Please get over it. It's a huge time commitment -- one that I enjoy, but a huge commitment nonetheless.

Old
09-28-2012, 08:10 AM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:

The way they worded it, you could also use it towards '12-'13 playoffs...if they have them.

Old
09-28-2012, 10:13 AM
BlackNgold 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
I'm a little concerned about this too. We already chose option 1, we knew that we were renewing no matter what so it just made sense for us.

But man do those long homestands get tiring sometimes. Going to games Tues/Thurs/Sat doesn't leave much time for other activities. Squeezing in a few more of those streches could make for a long (but short!) and more unenjoyable season.

For non-STHs who are reading this, yes, I realize it probably sounds whiny, spoiled. and stupid to you. Please get over it. It's a huge time commitment -- one that I enjoy, but a huge commitment nonetheless.
Agreed with the long home stands.. I usually want to be in "sim mode" and just get through the games depending on who the opponents are. I did option 2.. I don't know if i'm gonna renew for next season or what.

Old
09-28-2012, 01:41 PM
5Minutes4Fighting
Killer B's!

Quote:

Not that it should make you excited, but if they wipe out this year, you're paid for next year, and the 3% will go towards next year's playoff invoice.

Old
09-28-2012, 02:48 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post

I'm with you here.

7pm games: I live north of the city just off 128 so hardly far away and its near impossible to drive with friends to games. Noone gets out of work at 2pm so its not like we can meet and drive together or get picked up by someone or pick someone up etc etc. 2-3hrs getting in alone stinks. Bring back 730s.

Saturday games: Your saturday is dominated forget about doing other stuff...and to make a day out of going to the game, hang with friends before after etc etc gets freakin costly...

A condensed regular season sounds like hell.

Old
09-28-2012, 02:56 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNgold 84 View Post
Agreed with the long home stands.. I usually want to be in "sim mode" and just get through the games depending on who the opponents are. I did option 2.. I don't know if i'm gonna renew for next season or what.

I was just reading over the terms and conditions that you must agree upon when choosing to renew for NEXT year (loyalty option 1)...

Quote:
Reference the Season Ticket Holder Work Stoppage Frequently Asked Questions for full terms and conditions. The Season Ticket Holder Work Stoppage Frequently Asked Questions constitute the terms and conditions for the treatment of funds in your season ticket holder account during the work stoppage that results in the cancellation of any Boston Bruins home games during the 2012-13 NHL season. The Boston Bruins reserve the right to alter these terms and conditions at any point.
The bolded is more or less saying "we reserve the right to bend you over and **** you whenever we damn well want...and there isn't a f***ing thing you can do about it since we already have your money and are legally locked into two full seasons.

JJ is a world class owner. I don't know why he gets so much crap around here. He's always going above and belong to take care of his "loyal" STH's.

Old
09-28-2012, 03:00 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharaTriedToEatMe View Post
I'm with you here.

7pm games: I live north of the city just off 128 so hardly far away and its near impossible to drive with friends to games. Noone gets out of work at 2pm so its not like we can meet and drive together or get picked up by someone or pick someone up etc etc. 2-3hrs getting in alone stinks. Bring back 730s.

Saturday games: Your saturday is dominated forget about doing other stuff...and to make a day out of going to the game, hang with friends before after etc etc gets freakin costly...

My office is in Fanuiel Hall. I have a 15 minute commute (read: walk) to games and get out of work at 5:00...I drink beer to kill time. I live 3 T stops and an 8 minute drive from said T stop. Usually in bed in time for the 10:00 news, assuming I didn't go out after.

It's a pretty sweet deal....but still exhausting, and a condensed schedule petrifies me. When we first got the tickets, my boyfriend was able to change his schedule at work to do the early shift on Tues/Thurs since there are a lot of games on those days, but I'm on my own the rest of the days of the week, including Saturday. More games on "off" days will mean I have to work harder to find people to go with.

Old
09-28-2012, 04:03 PM
schmautzy

Quote:
I'm with you here.

I thought you were gonna try to get out of your contract?
What happened?

Old
09-28-2012, 06:25 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 50
Quote:
I'm with you here.

[B]A condensed regular season sounds like hell.
I live in NH and work M-F ...I get up at 5:30 am...I like to go to all of the home games but now I have a class Thurs nights until 8:30 so expect to miss a few.

A condensed schedule will be difficult. I am used to Thurs night games. When there are a couple of week night home games per week I am exhausted. I usually get home from games around 11 pm but am wide awake so don't get enough sleep

. I really hope if they start the season later then planned they cut back on the number of games.

I am lucky to have ST and love going to the games. I need to win the lottery so I can go to the games and not have to get up and go to work the next day. .

09-29-2012, 08:28 AM
DarrenBanks56

its tough.
i work 630-3p m-f
but the commute is 80 mniutes to the garden.
i meet my buddy in leominster around 4 and we drive in.

last year we went to about 25 games. sold the rest on stubhub, gave some to buds, or family members.

if they cram all 82 games into a shortened time frame. Probably only get to 10-15 games this year at most.

I would then ask for a full refund, while beiing able to re-up for the playoffs and for next season. It just wouldnt be fair.

Old
09-29-2012, 11:01 AM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmautzy View Post
I thought you were gonna try to get out of your contract?
What happened?
Nothing...

People aren't allowed to get pissed when their bank account gets cleaned out 2 days before the lockout offically goes into effect?

(I'll just say them doing that set a truly awful chain of events in motion b/c having no money also made me cancel my plans and end up going on horrible tilt that weekend during the football games instead of having a few beers down at Gillette...)

I'd have taken a full refund a couple weeks ago. At this point I'll wait it out.

As you can see from my post above even a resolution some time in December is going to suck balls b/c we'll have a condensed season with games people want to stay home and watch on TV. Lose-Lose at this point. THANKS JEREMY!

Old
10-02-2012, 07:08 AM
NASCL

Imagine having to pay for replacement players?

http://www.yardbarker.com/nhl/articl...r_you/11860744

That would be suicidal. Don't see it happening.

Old
10-02-2012, 09:33 AM
schmautzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASCL View Post

That would end it for me with this league.
That would be a big class action.

Saw you posted this on another message board. Great reading over there. Almost 50,000 posts? I dont know how anyone gets any work done anymore.

Old
10-03-2012, 10:42 AM
323 Krejci 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASCL View Post

I was actually thinking about this....as a season ticket holder would I have to honor my contract and pay for these games. I sure as hell would not want to do that - not that i think it is actually going to happen but i was wondering? I bought season tickets for the Bruins - not replacement players. Thoughts?

Old
10-03-2012, 11:00 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 323 Krejci 7 View Post
I was actually thinking about this....as a season ticket holder would I have to honor my contract and pay for these games. I sure as hell would not want to do that - not that i think it is actually going to happen but i was wondering? I bought season tickets for the Bruins - not replacement players. Thoughts?
I would be really pissed off if they brought in replacement players. I don't see that happening ...thankfully. I am already pissed off enough.

Old
10-03-2012, 11:28 AM
BlackNgold 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by 323 Krejci 7 View Post
If that happens i would ask for my money back.. I wouldn't get it of course so then i'd just go and urinate on everything

Old
10-03-2012, 11:36 AM
Hnidy Hnight

Yellow plastic seats will be their replacement fans if that ever happened

Old
10-03-2012, 12:59 PM
Therick67

Maybe we could get replacement owner's..

Closed Thread