HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anyone getting AHLlive for this season?

Old
10-02-2012, 09:40 AM
bendersauce

vCash: 500
Anyone getting AHLlive for this season?

I can't decide if I should get it or not. This will probably be the most talent filled AHL season ever. Also I can see Couts and Schenn playing topline minutes a few seasons early.

I guess my only concern is that I spent the $150 and then the NHL starts a week later.

What do you guys think?

bendersauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 09:50 AM
Krishna

Someone should contact them and find out if they have the month to month payment thing that you can do with the NHL streaming service

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 12:38 PM
PHILOUDELPHIA

i wonder if those prices were set based off of the lockout.

who in god's right mind would pay 350 for all teams, and 150 for 1 team.

heck for 320 you could get NHL center ice and NHL GCL for a full season all teams and features included

PHILOUDELPHIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 12:53 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHILOUDELPHIA View Post
i wonder if those prices were set based off of the lockout.

who in god's right mind would pay 350 for all teams, and 150 for 1 team.

heck for 320 you could get NHL center ice and NHL GCL for a full season all teams and features included
It's pretty ridiculous.. It's like that with OHL, QMJHL, WHL, and the USHL

Old
10-02-2012, 02:41 PM
bendersauce

I know its not cheap but if I pay to watch some kind of hockey this year I'd rather watch "Flyers" hockey.

And the regular price for the package is $200. Also you can get 10 games for $60 but I'd rather just get the whole season.

bendersauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 07:06 PM
Megadelphia

More importantly what's the quality of the video because I wouldn't want to pay $150 to find out the camera is ****.

Megadelphia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 07:10 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadelphia View Post
More importantly what's the quality of the video because I wouldn't want to pay $150 to find out the camera is ****.
They should have a stream sample available

Old
10-03-2012, 06:27 PM
sherryb

Here is some info on ahl live, very expensive compared to nhl gamecenter. The feed is SD, and usually taken off the jumbotron. At some arenas you will not get replays, or have a clock visible on screen so you don't know how much time is left, and the audio is a radio feed. My advice would be to buy a couple of games for 6.99 each before buying a season package. Be warned if you think watching an ahl live game is like watching a nhl gamecenter game you will be sorely disappointed. Here is the link to the ahl live website http://ahl.neulion.com/ahl/

sherryb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 06:57 PM
Donny Brook
\_-------o [XXX]

If you want to see a sample of the stream video quality, go to the ahl.newlion link listed above and click on the "Free Highlights" tab in the upper right of the page.

You can filter to the Phantoms' highlights by choosing your team below the tab on the left. You can see the feed full screen by choosing "full" below the video window.

Unfortunately, the quality you see, is what you get. A blury, compressed stream that's pretty poor quality, but better than nothing. Audio is Bob Rotruck, the Phantoms' announcer who is now contributing written pieces on the Flyer website. You can usually choose between listening to the home or visitor audio feed, but audio sync may not be perfect.

Some teams have video replay, but typically not the Phantoms (bummer). Each teams stream vary in quality depending on the arena's equipment, broadcast sophistication and cameraman's interest in actually following the game. Haha

Donny Brook is offline   Reply With Quote