HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

2012 Stanley Cup Celebration Pictures and Videos!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-13-2012, 10:55 PM
  #651
Vamos Rafa
ˇVamos!
 
Vamos Rafa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Clay Court
Country: Spain
Posts: 10,472
vCash: 500
I would've loved to hear Al Michaels' call on the Kings winning the Cup even though he never announced for the Kings (just for fun).

PS- why is the site so ****ing slow tonight?

Vamos Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 04:29 PM
  #652
TonySCV
Moderator
One More Time
 
TonySCV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 12,239
vCash: 500
A lot of gold here...

http://framework.latimes.com/2012/09...rret-stoll/#/0

__________________
"In a year that has been so improbable, the impossible has happened." - Vin Scully being clairvoyant in 1988.

The Los Angeles Kings - 2012 Stanley Cup Champions
TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 06:56 PM
  #653
Vamos Rafa
ˇVamos!
 
Vamos Rafa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Clay Court
Country: Spain
Posts: 10,472
vCash: 500
Question about the Cup. Let's say there was no lockout. Does the organization have it displayed in their office for the entire regular season? Or does it go back in the hands of the NHL after the players' "Day with the Cup" is over?

Vamos Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 08:28 PM
  #654
EmperorPenguin
Registered User
 
EmperorPenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 75
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
Question about the Cup. Let's say there was no lockout. Does the organization have it displayed in their office for the entire regular season? Or does it go back in the hands of the NHL after the players' "Day with the Cup" is over?
Outside of the summer with the players, the cup travels a ton during the regular season for all sorts of occasions that have nothing to do with the Stanley Cup champs. I doubt that will change much at all.

EmperorPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 07:21 PM
  #655
Vamos Rafa
ˇVamos!
 
Vamos Rafa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Clay Court
Country: Spain
Posts: 10,472
vCash: 500

Vamos Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 12:26 PM
  #656
TonySCV
Moderator
One More Time
 
TonySCV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 12,239
vCash: 500
love LOVE LOVE IT!

In The Booth with Nickson & Evans - Goal 2



Behind-the-scenes Kings Vision footage. Here is Nick Nickson and Daryl Evans calling the second goal in game 6 during the 5 minute major.

Click HERE to watch!

In The Booth with Miller & Fox - Goal 2



Exclusive Kings Vision footage. Watch Bob Miller and Jim Fox call the second goal in game 6 during the 5 minute major.

Click HERE to watch!

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 10:54 PM
  #657
KingLB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
love LOVE LOVE IT!

In The Booth with Nickson & Evans - Goal 2



Behind-the-scenes Kings Vision footage. Here is Nick Nickson and Daryl Evans calling the second goal in game 6 during the 5 minute major.

Click HERE to watch!

In The Booth with Miller & Fox - Goal 2



Exclusive Kings Vision footage. Watch Bob Miller and Jim Fox call the second goal in game 6 during the 5 minute major.

Click HERE to watch!
Cool many different ways....I wonder what that stuff Jim shows Bob after each goal...most the hand gestures are easy to pick up on.

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 09:49 AM
  #658
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh
 
tigermask48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 2,517
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
Cool many different ways....I wonder what that stuff Jim shows Bob after each goal...most the hand gestures are easy to pick up on.
It looks like Jim has a card with facts/stats on each player in front of him. When the goal is scored he holds up the card for the player who scored I think. Bob can look at the card and knows it's the player's X goal, in X games or other stuff by glancing at the card. I've seen similar systems used in NCAA and USHL games before for radio broadcasts.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 10:54 AM
  #659
cyclones22
Registered User
 
cyclones22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: United States
Posts: 952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
It looks like Jim has a card with facts/stats on each player in front of him. When the goal is scored he holds up the card for the player who scored I think. Bob can look at the card and knows it's the player's X goal, in X games or other stuff by glancing at the card. I've seen similar systems used in NCAA and USHL games before for radio broadcasts.
That's exactly what it is. There's a video by Kings Vision of how Bob prepares for a game and he's got a card with facts for every player on both teams. It's an interesting watch.

cyclones22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 12:50 PM
  #660
TonySCV
Moderator
One More Time
 
TonySCV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 12,239
vCash: 500
It really happened...


TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 12:59 PM
  #661
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 28,681
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
It really happened...

Looks like the person doing the engraving has shaky hands. Interesting how some players have their full names spelled out (Matthew Greene and Robert Scuderi) but they stuck with Slava instead of Vyacheslav for Voynov.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 03:27 PM
  #662
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, Nv.
Country: United States
Posts: 25,602
vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
She's been doing it a long time. http://www.nhl.com/intheslot/read/im...l/engrave.html
http://www.sptimes.com/2004/10/16/Li..._Cup_tak.shtml







It is all done by hand, obviously, and isn't mean to look perfect. Looks good. It is interesting that they shortened Voynov's name, especially given that there looks to be extra room down there, but I would think that they would have consulted and asked him how he would prefer his name to be presented, as well as others. It kind of sucks to see that extra spot down there given that Loktionov couldn't get his name on it, and it would surely fit at the end there.

__________________

"I think part of his game is he’s over aggressive at times, which I like. We’ll tame that. I’d rather tame a lion than paint stripes on the kitty cat." - Dean Lombardi discussing Brayden McNabb
Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 07:19 PM
  #663
kingsfan28
Its All About Sv Pct
 
kingsfan28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Earth
Country: United States
Posts: 9,199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
She's been doing it a long time. http://www.nhl.com/intheslot/read/im...l/engrave.html
http://www.sptimes.com/2004/10/16/Li..._Cup_tak.shtml







It is all done by hand, obviously, and isn't mean to look perfect. Looks good. It is interesting that they shortened Voynov's name, especially given that there looks to be extra room down there, but I would think that they would have consulted and asked him how he would prefer his name to be presented, as well as others. It kind of sucks to see that extra spot down there given that Loktionov couldn't get his name on it, and it would surely fit at the end there.
They found space for Ed Roski, and it sure does look like there was room for a 54th name

kingsfan28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 07:25 PM
  #664
nocturn
Registered User
 
nocturn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Col. Hgts, Virginny
Country: Ireland
Posts: 857
vCash: 500
Just throwing this out there but has it run across anyone elses mind that maybe Loki didnt want his name on it for some reason? Hockey players are a odd lot like that. Just say'n.

nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 09:03 PM
  #665
kingsfan28
Its All About Sv Pct
 
kingsfan28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Earth
Country: United States
Posts: 9,199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturn View Post
Just throwing this out there but has it run across anyone elses mind that maybe Loki didnt want his name on it for some reason? Hockey players are a odd lot like that. Just say'n.
I doubt it, he doesnt come across as an odd ball like Bryz or Tim Thomas. Its more to do about cup protocols and who qualifies.

kingsfan28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 07:42 PM
  #666
deeshamrock
Registered User
 
deeshamrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,088
vCash: 500
This is a photo of a half a dozen of the Kings celebrating football (with Jeff Carter's girlfriend in white, they just moved into a place in Manhattan Beach) at the USC game this weekend.


http://twitter.com/amartinez_27/stat.../photo/1/large

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 07:48 PM
  #667
TonySCV
Moderator
One More Time
 
TonySCV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 12,239
vCash: 500
Stanley Cup Final - Intro Mashup



Watch the intro during game 6 from 13 Kings Vision cameras capturing never-before-seen angles inside STAPLES Center.

Click HERE to watch!

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 08:31 PM
  #668
Ron
Kings Fan Since 1967
 
Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Brea, California
Country: United States
Posts: 5,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Stanley Cup Final - Intro Mashup



Watch the intro during game 6 from 13 Kings Vision cameras capturing never-before-seen angles inside STAPLES Center.

Click HERE to watch!
Pretty interesting...I love the part at around 2:10 where Jim is getting pumped up and Bob cool as a cucumber...but then, at 2:45 and 3:15 or thereabouts Jim is clapping and standing and Bob looks ready to have a coronary... the two guys are very different for the big game!

__________________
Ron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 12:03 AM
  #669
Quattro
Registered User
 
Quattro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 3,870
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
This is a photo of a half a dozen of the Kings celebrating football (with Jeff Carter's girlfriend in white, they just moved into a place in Manhattan Beach) at the USC game this weekend.


http://twitter.com/amartinez_27/stat.../photo/1/large
ugh - bandwagoners

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 01:44 PM
  #670
Johnny Utah
Registered User
 
Johnny Utah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Posts: 6,856
vCash: 500
Good to see Carter bonding with the guys even without his BFF Richards. And the quiet Dwight King makes an appearance.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 03:58 PM
  #671
Ron
Kings Fan Since 1967
 
Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Brea, California
Country: United States
Posts: 5,122
vCash: 500
Kudos to the majority of them honoring Junior Seau.

Ron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 10:45 AM
  #672
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh
 
tigermask48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 2,517
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Good to see Carter bonding with the guys even without his BFF Richards. And the quiet Dwight King makes an appearance.
I clicked on the link fully expecting to see Richards in white as Carter's GF...
She also looks like she's about 4 feet tall in that photo though.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 11:06 AM
  #673
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!
 
FrozenKing18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: So Cal
Country: United States
Posts: 5,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Stanley Cup Final - Intro Mashup



Watch the intro during game 6 from 13 Kings Vision cameras capturing never-before-seen angles inside STAPLES Center.

Click HERE to watch!
Was this video removed? I can't see it

FrozenKing18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 11:34 AM
  #674
TonySCV
Moderator
One More Time
 
TonySCV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 12,239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenKing18 View Post
Was this video removed? I can't see it
Apparently. No clue why.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 03:44 PM
  #675
Ron
Kings Fan Since 1967
 
Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Brea, California
Country: United States
Posts: 5,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Philip Pritchard ‏@keeperofthecup LA Galaxy pose with the Stanley Cup after practice today. #stanleycup @LAKings #HockeyHallFame @NHL @LAGalaxy pic.twitter.com/e0W9YEd7

Ron is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:54 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.