HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Cherry Critical of Leafs treatment of Kadri. Angry about Kulemin

Closed Thread

Old
10-02-2012, 03:44 PM
The Blue Devil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
Yes, clearly the organization's fault Kadri was bragging about his new regime under Roberts and then turned out to be pretty much in the worst shape of ANYONE coming into camp. Shut your yap kid, unless you can back it up, which you haven't yet. Shhhhh!
Who said he was out-of-shape?

Old
10-02-2012, 03:45 PM
SteveV*

Quote:
Originally Posted by the blue devil View Post
who said he was out-of-shape?
lol.

Old
10-02-2012, 03:45 PM
The Blue Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveT83 View Post
LOL at this fanbase crucifying Kadri.

I hope he gets dealt and turns into an elite 1C for another team, preferably in our division - maybe Sequinesque?
Who is Sequin?

Old
10-02-2012, 03:46 PM
The Blue Devil

Quote:
lol.
????

Old
10-02-2012, 03:46 PM
RogerRoeper*

Cherry is 100% right on this one. I've been saying the same thing for a long time.

Why the **** did Eakins have to say that to reporters? What an idiotic thing to say. If you look into how much he was overweight, it was barely anything. Now the media will spin it like he showed up to camp 30 pounds overweight.

Old
10-02-2012, 03:47 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Old
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Yes, clearly the organization's fault Kadri was bragging about his new regime under Roberts and then turned out to be pretty much in the worst shape of ANYONE coming into camp. Shut your yap kid, unless you can back it up, which you haven't yet. Shhhhh!
He wasn't in bad shape at all.

Old
the doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blue Devil View Post
Who is Sequin?
That shiny player.

Old
10-02-2012, 03:51 PM
daveleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
I have no idea what that means, Kadri is a hockey player and not a house.
Spin it any way you want Moose.

Old
10-02-2012, 03:51 PM
SteveV*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
He wasn't in bad shape at all.
Relative to EVERYONE else at camp, he was! Please.

Old
10-02-2012, 03:53 PM
LeafsMonster
MeowLeafs is awesome

Love how supportive cherry is of Kadri and always has been. Totally agree with him. But i don't look down on Eakins because he has a good relationship with Kadri and he is a really good coach. He either didn't think the media would blow it up so big or he's trying to light a fire in Kadri. Eiter way i doubt Kadri took offense to it. He probably took it as motivation. I don't think this is "horribe treatment" on its own. Combined with other things, yes Kadri has been scrutinized the most, but probably because they expect more out of him because they know he can do more. Cherry was right about most things in the article though.

Old
10-02-2012, 04:02 PM
mikeo1

Quote:
Relative to EVERYONE else at camp, he was! Please.
You must have been really bad at broken telephone as a kid.

Where did anyone say Kadri was out of shape? Where did anyone say he was in the worst shape at camp? Even his body fat wasn't the worst on the team, let alone his actual fitness level.

Old
10-02-2012, 04:04 PM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPunch View Post
Gotta agree with Cherry here. If someone can name a prospect - any prospect - that's been as publicly trashed as Kadri I'd love to hear it.
Kadri's situation reminds me exactly of Jason Spezza. Ottawa kept sending him down saying "work on this...work on that". Every time he came back, he had improved on what they told him and they would send him down again. I remember thinking " i cannot believe he hasn't demanded a trade".

Old
10-02-2012, 04:08 PM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsMonster View Post
Love how supportive cherry is of Kadri and always has been. Totally agree with him. But i don't look down on Eakins because he has a good relationship with Kadri and he is a really good coach. He either didn't think the media would blow it up so big or he's trying to light a fire in Kadri. Eiter way i doubt Kadri took offense to it. He probably took it as motivation. I don't think this is "horribe treatment" on its own. Combined with other things, yes Kadri has been scrutinized the most, but probably because they expect more out of him because they know he can do more. Cherry was right about most things in the article though.
I see it as more of a shot at Burke than supportive of Kadri. That it was Marlies coach Dallas Eakins that made the comment wouldn't be known by anyone who read Cherry's tweet and didn't know anything about it beforehand.

Old
10-02-2012, 04:16 PM
LeafsMonster
MeowLeafs is awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
I see it as more of a shot at Burke than supportive of Kadri. That it was Marlies coach Dallas Eakins that made the comment wouldn't be known by anyone who read Cherry's tweet and didn't know anything about it beforehand.
Don cherry has always supported Naz. Since we first drafted him, his call ups and demotions he always has his back. Yes he takes shots at Burke, but in defense of Kadri. He even mentions and plays his highlights on Coach's Corner just praising him, giving him a shout out of encouragement without taking a shot at Burke.

Old
10-02-2012, 04:21 PM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsMonster View Post
Don cherry has always supported Naz. Since we first drafted him, his call ups and demotions he always has his back. Yes he takes shots at Burke, but in defense of Kadri. He even mentions and plays his highlights on Coach's Corner just praising him, giving him a shout out of encouragement without taking a shot at Burke.
For liking Naz so much, he conveniently left him out in his rant about the Leafs not having any Ontario boys

Old
10-02-2012, 04:24 PM
Ari91

The media has a huge part to play in the criticism and pressure placed on Kadri. I think that Eakins comments were overblown to the 10th degree. Eakins has no issue complimenting his players as well as pointing out areas that they need to work on. He isn't treating Kadri any differently than he would any other guy on his team. His comment about Kadri were overblown to the 10th degree and that's in part to the lovely media who took a few quotes and shaped the story into something more than what it truly is.

Old
10-02-2012, 04:27 PM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyCrazed101 View Post
The media has a huge part to play in the criticism and pressure placed on Kadri. I think that Eakins comments were overblown to the 10th degree. Eakins has no issue complimenting his players as well as pointing out areas that they need to work on. He isn't treating Kadri any differently than he would any other guy on his team. His comment about Kadri were overblown to the 10th degree and that's in part to the lovely media who took a few quotes and shaped the story into something more than what it truly is.
But he's got to know to keep his trap shut because the media will have a field day with it.

Old
10-02-2012, 04:28 PM
TheNorthFace
Mo and Willy

Yeah I think Cherry spews a lot of ********, but I agree with him on this situation.

Old
10-02-2012, 04:29 PM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

cherry is spot on here. Leafs have not treated kadri well. Though I think that eakins comment was overblown because of the great media we have.
Someone mentioned eakins said sorry about over that kadri issue, can someone send me a link

Old
10-02-2012, 04:35 PM
Ari91

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
But he's got to know to keep his trap shut because the media will have a field day with it.
So Eakins should only speak when his players and team are doing exceptionally well and he can only deliver positive reviews? So if Kadri is having a tough day at practice and all the media is there to see it, should Eakins just cancel the media scrums?

Old
10-02-2012, 04:36 PM
ansoncarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by the doctor View Post
Poor ol' Kadbury.
^nice, hopefully that sticks. Don't even care how true any of this is, kadbury is officially a lard-ass for the rest of his time here

let's make this happen

Old
10-02-2012, 04:36 PM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebel111 View Post
cherry is spot on here. Leafs have not treated kadri well. Though I think that eakins comment was overblown because of the great media we have.
Someone mentioned eakins said sorry about over that kadri issue, can someone send me a link
http://pmd.fan590.com/audio_on_deman...-Interview.mp3

Old
10-02-2012, 04:38 PM
Interactif

I like Don, but I wonder if he actually listened to the Eakins interview. When I heard it, I said this is it? Dallas was asked a direct question and was honest, Nazem needs to eat better to go to the next level. What's so bad about this? Making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Totally different than Rotten Ronnie snickering to the media Nazem has nasty habits.

One comment is trying to help Nazem, the other I don't know why he would say nasty habits. Not the same context.

Old
10-02-2012, 04:47 PM
FlareKnight

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
I like Don, but I wonder if he actually listened to the Eakins interview. When I heard it, I said this is it? Dallas was asked a direct question and was honest, Nazem needs to eat better to go to the next level. What's so bad about this? Making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Totally different than Rotten Ronnie snickering to the media Nazem has nasty habits.

One comment is trying to help Nazem, the other I don't know why he would say nasty habits. Not the same context.
Yeah, unfortunately people don't care about what you really said, just the bits that they can blow out of proportions. Oh well, all Eakins and the Marlies can do is continue their prep for the season. Attention will shift when eventually something happens with the CBA negotiations. Like debating on what to have for lunch....

Closed Thread