10-02-2012, 02:46 PM
sooshii
Living the dream

vCash: 50
KPD pisses off bloggers

Kevin Paul Dupont Demands Your Respect

On Bloggers, Charity, And Globe Santa: A Letter

Boston Globe hockey writer, Kevin Paul Dupont, hates bloggers

Because I'm bored. Probably KPD & bloggers are too.

sooshii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 02:47 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
I mentioned this in the sports radio thread, this has been fascinating to follow.

Kate08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 02:50 PM
Pie O My

ok, guess i'll put this here then....

KPD was made for twitter. "NHL goalies should use lacrosse sticks - discuss" #keepinitunder140

Pie O My is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 02:55 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

To me, this just shows what happens when hockey writers don't have any hockey to write about. Nothing to see here, move along.

LSCII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 02:58 PM
patty59

He did it, he successfully trolled the whole internet and you all bit hard

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 03:00 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

I don't understand why people are engaging in it. It doesn't make sense to me.

Old
10-02-2012, 03:20 PM
BergyDGD
Hockey season yet?

Seems like a Hall of Fame hockey writer crying for attention. Never liked KPD, his whole rant about how he can contribute more to charity because he is the great KPD and writes for the great Boston Globe is pathetic. If he is trolling, he's doing a good job but he's also making himself look like an arrogant ass at the same time.

BergyDGD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 03:23 PM
Pie O My

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguin4TheWin View Post
Seems like a Hall of Fame hockey writer crying for attention. Never liked KPD, his whole rant about how he can contribute more to charity because he is the great KPD and writes for the great Boston Globe is pathetic. If he is trolling, he's doing a good job but he's also making himself look like an arrogant ass at the same time.
the worm definitely turned against him when he pulled that "my charity can beat up your charity" nonsense.

Pie O My is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 03:30 PM
bosoxmrkn

Send a message via AIM to bosoxmrkn
KPD knows nothing about hockey. He couldn't cut it as a Red Sox reporter and got stuck with the Bruins. He's best left on your ignored list. He adds nothing of value.

bosoxmrkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 03:32 PM
hoss75

I got to think it's tounge-in-cheek.

hoss75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 03:51 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosoxmrkn View Post
KPD knows nothing about hockey. He couldn't cut it as a Red Sox reporter and got stuck with the Bruins. He's best left on your ignored list. He adds nothing of value.
You're kidding, right?

Old
10-02-2012, 04:01 PM
TooMuchMan

It's a sign of the times.

As a 'blogger', I hate that KPD throws-out blanket statements about a group I happen to belong to... personally, I think it's silly.

There are great bloggers, who put just as much effort and intelligence into their work as any newspaperman; and there are chumps who just regurgitate the news and act shocking and post things designed to get hits.

There are probably an equal number of the latter and the former - with plenty in-between - but the latter really have done to sporting-news what bombastic round-the-clock viewer-greedy news networks have done for 'the news'.

I can understand KPD - and others' - frustration, but his reactions only seem to endeavor to alienate the two sides' further.

Personally, I love newspapers. I love what they represent and I love the tactile pleasures of reading from a broadsheet. My father was (and is) a member of the newspaper press. I respect what MSM guys did to get where they are; I understand their fear and frustration at the current situation.

If MSM guys want to differentiate themselves from the blogger 'rabble', it has to be through their own content - and certainly some do. Their writings must be superior from the 'rabble' to earn that kind of respect. They need to show superior journalistic integrity. Otherwise, they're just guys with bigger pulpits and salaries - and in this day and age have no more right to the reader's eye than anyone else.

TooMuchMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 04:16 PM
BergyDGD
Hockey season yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Mand THW View Post
It's a sign of the times.

As a 'blogger', I hate that KPD throws-out blanket statements about a group I happen to belong to... personally, I think it's silly.

There are great bloggers, who put just as much effort and intelligence into their work as any newspaperman; and there are chumps who just regurgitate the news and act shocking and post things designed to get hits.

There are probably an equal number of the latter and the former - with plenty in-between - but the latter really have done to sporting-news what bombastic round-the-clock viewer-greedy news networks have done for 'the news'.

I can understand KPD - and others' - frustration, but his reactions only seem to endeavor to alienate the two sides' further.

Personally, I love newspapers. I love what they represent and I love the tactile pleasures of reading from a broadsheet. My father was (and is) a member of the newspaper press. I respect what MSM guys did to get where they are; I understand their fear and frustration at the current situation.

If MSM guys want to differentiate themselves from the blogger 'rabble', it has to be through their own content - and certainly some do. Their writings must be superior from the 'rabble' to earn that kind of respect. They need to show superior journalistic integrity. Otherwise, they're just guys with bigger pulpits and salaries - and in this day and age have no more right to the reader's eye than anyone else.
As a blogger you do realize you can never ever come close to matching the charitable contributions of the one and only KPD and other Boston Globe writers.

BergyDGD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 04:26 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Dupont doesn't just hate bloggers. He's routinely expressed contempt for hockey fans and a vast majority of players. This is a guy who said his "career highlight" was watching Sinden bring the hammer down on some poor schmuck player. This blow up is just showing the rest of the hockey world what Boston fans have seen for years.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 04:29 PM
GloveSave1
- 1 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
To me, this just shows what happens when hockey writers don't have any hockey to write about. Nothing to see here, move along.
That's what I was thinking...Trying to make something out of the nothing...God, it's boring.

GloveSave1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 04:32 PM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosoxmrkn View Post
Hockey Hall of Fame says otherwise.

I am Boston Strong

Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 04:43 PM
Actp
DO NOT TRADE KREJCI!

Not really surprising that a dedicated curmudgeonly, experienced hockey writer does not like the blogosphere much, since it hurts newspapers so much.. However, remember, KPD likes to challenge people and play Devil's advocate quite a bit

Actp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 04:57 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by cursednumber6 View Post
Not really surprising that a dedicated curmudgeonly, experienced hockey writer does not like the blogosphere much, since it hurts newspapers so much.. However, remember, KPD likes to challenge people and play Devil's advocate quite a bit
If Dupont worked half as hard as some of those guys do, he wouldn't have time to complain.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 04:57 PM
Pension Plan Puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
Hockey Hall of Fame says otherwise.
The HHoF ******** he has on his account is actually an award from the Professional Hockey Writers Association that he got for pretty much being around a long time. A quick read of his contributions to hockey writing show that he doesn't know much other than what he's told by Jeremy Jacobs and Harry Sinden.

Pension Plan Puppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 04:58 PM
Pension Plan Puppets

Quote:
He's not a Hall of Fame writer.

Pension Plan Puppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 05:19 PM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
One could argue that KPD`s "writing" has deteriorated over the last few years, used to love his stuff regardless if I didn`t agree with it but nowadays, his bitterness and venom are difficult to stomach

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 05:21 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
One could argue that KPD`s "writing" has deteriorated over the last few years, used to love his stuff regardless if I didn`t agree with it but nowadays, his bitterness and venom are difficult to stomach
Well said.

Old
10-02-2012, 05:36 PM
DoubleAAAA

Quote:

Dupont? Arrogant? Never

DoubleAAAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 05:39 PM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleAAAA View Post
Dupont? Arrogant? Never
Gotta be two KPD's no??

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 05:42 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
I agree. It is kind of sad.