HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Sports Radio Thread Part 7

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-21-2012, 09:18 AM
  #751
EverettMike
Registered User
 
EverettMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Everett, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll 4 Lines View Post
Oh, so it's guys like you who encourage their juvenile antics!

Just kidding...glad somebody liked it.
Adolfo has been with them for years now.

They weren't just picking on some random kid. They are the only reason he has a job.

I like T&R, but it is clearly not for everyone. I was also listening to them before they did sports. I think that makes a difference.

EverettMike is online now  
Old
09-21-2012, 09:25 AM
  #752
Morris Wanchuk
.......
 
Morris Wanchuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: War Memorial Arena
Country: United States
Posts: 14,860
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll 4 Lines View Post
Not a fan of Toucher and Rich in the first place, cuz they think they're funny, but they're not, but I go there from time to time in case they do actually talk sports, which is rare.

This morning was the worst radio I've ever heard. I listened for about 20 seconds and changed it. They were bawling out an intern....riveting!

Went back 15 minutes later, cuz everyone else was on ads, and they were talking about bawling out the intern...worst radio ever!!

A guy I talk sports with at work said, "Do you ever listen to T&R?. I listened this morning for the first time and still can't figure out why!"

He said, and I quote, "Worst. Radio. Ever!"

I do wonder how they have a show.

Listened to a lot of NPR this morning! LOL
I can't listen to those clowns anymore.

I tuned in at 6:30 and Fred was talking about him an his wife's scheduled afternoon trip to the "bone zone".

FML with that garbage. Then i went back to the rotation of WKLB, WRKO, and NPR to see if anyone was talking about the Senate debate. Heard some good lines from Scott.

Morris Wanchuk is offline  
Old
09-21-2012, 11:31 AM
  #753
Roll 4 Lines
Gitchyasum!
 
Roll 4 Lines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bear Country
Country: United States
Posts: 5,676
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
Adolfo has been with them for years now.

They weren't just picking on some random kid. They are the only reason he has a job.

I like T&R, but it is clearly not for everyone. I was also listening to them before they did sports. I think that makes a difference.
It still didn't make for good radio, IMO.

I find it curious that a lot of people rant that they don't talk hockey, but don't seem to mind if they talk about their personal lives, or interview drunks outside the stadium, etc.

I guess I'm just an old curmudgeon...I like sports talk from my sports radio stations!

Also, I don't get to listen all day, just during my commute, so I like to get it while I can.

Roll 4 Lines is offline  
Old
09-24-2012, 10:43 AM
  #754
sooshii
Living the dream
 
sooshii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Philly burbs
Country: United States
Posts: 10,273
vCash: 50
Greg Wyshynski ‏@wyshynski
Ladies and gents: Today, on #MvsW, the return of Jack Edwards into your lives. #GETUP #Bruins #NHL

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/
2PM

sooshii is offline  
Old
09-27-2012, 09:20 AM
  #755
Donnie Shulzhoffer
Registered User
 
Donnie Shulzhoffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Foxboro, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,749
vCash: 500
Reason number 214 why I don't listen to Felger anymore.

I can bet good money today that for the full 4 hours he will be saying about the NFL Ref lockout being over is, "Why didn't they get this done sooner."

No thanks.

Donnie Shulzhoffer is online now  
Old
09-27-2012, 09:33 AM
  #756
Hnidy Hnight
Registered User
 
Hnidy Hnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: North of Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,953
vCash: 500
I need a break from referee and bone zone talk in general. Hopefully Bobby V says or does something stupid soon.

Hnidy Hnight is offline  
Old
09-27-2012, 09:40 AM
  #757
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Kate08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Medford MA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,954
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnidy Hnight View Post
I need a break from referee and bone zone talk in general. Hopefully Bobby V says or does something stupid soon.
agreed

Monday & Tuesday were fun sports radio days. Yesterday got annoying, and today the radio in my office is tuned to WZLX.

Kate08 is offline  
Old
09-27-2012, 09:41 AM
  #758
Therick67
Registered User
 
Therick67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: South of Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 4,393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Shulzhoffer View Post
Reason number 214 why I don't listen to Felger anymore.

I can bet good money today that for the full 4 hours he will be saying about the NFL Ref lockout being over is, "Why didn't they get this done sooner."

No thanks.
I hope he doesn't, but he'd have a point.

Has EEI been critcal of the league? despite being the flagship, Felger has lit into the owners.

Therick67 is offline  
Old
09-27-2012, 09:46 AM
  #759
Hnidy Hnight
Registered User
 
Hnidy Hnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: North of Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,953
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
agreed

Monday & Tuesday were fun sports radio days. Yesterday got annoying, and today the radio in my office is tuned to WZLX.
Getting really close to becoming a ZLX day in this office too!

Hnidy Hnight is offline  
Old
09-27-2012, 09:58 AM
  #760
Donnie Shulzhoffer
Registered User
 
Donnie Shulzhoffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Foxboro, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therick67 View Post
I hope he doesn't, but he'd have a point.

Has EEI been critcal of the league? despite being the flagship, Felger has lit into the owners.
I would say EEI has been blaming all of them, the owners and the refs.

Donnie Shulzhoffer is online now  
Old
09-28-2012, 05:35 PM
  #761
schmautzy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,034
vCash: 500
Just listened to the end of Felger and "I am now in sing sing" Mazz.
New rules... Dont call in and ask how they're doing. It's irritating and takes up too much time. The lines are always full, so just get to your point.
Also, Beetle laughs at those who say "Thanks for taking my call."
So people should lose that too.

At least they talk hockey though.

schmautzy is offline  
Old
09-28-2012, 05:57 PM
  #762
dafoomie
Eat Mor Chikin
 
dafoomie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 14,128
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dafoomie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Shulzhoffer View Post
I would say EEI has been blaming all of them, the owners and the refs.
Blame the refs for not wanting to take it in the ass? They had all the leverage in the world coming off Pats-Ravens and Seattle-Green Bay on national TV and they still made major concessions. I could totally see Ordway saying that.

dafoomie is offline  
Old
09-28-2012, 07:54 PM
  #763
DKH
Registered User
 
DKH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 27,492
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
funny Mike Lomardi called the joke holding on Jerad Mayo atrocious. Agrees with me the Pats get the ball back there it may be 20-0 fast and the rout is on.

Also, even some of the Ravens thought the kick was wide...where is this mystery footage? I don't need it though, it may have been over the post but it was on the 'missed side' and even then, it was over the post and that is being kind. These refs just wanted off the field

If there is any justice it will be a Patriots-Packers SB

DKH is offline  
Old
10-02-2012, 12:30 PM
  #764
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Kate08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Medford MA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,954
vCash: 500
Wasn't sure where else to ask this, but has anyone been following the KPD v Bloggers fued on Twitter? Fascinating stuff.

Kate08 is offline  
Old
10-02-2012, 02:44 PM
  #765
Pie O My
Registered User
 
Pie O My's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Shawmut Center
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
Wasn't sure where else to ask this, but has anyone been following the KPD v Bloggers fued on Twitter? Fascinating stuff.
KPD was made for twitter. "NHL goalies should use lacrosse sticks - discuss" #keepinitunder140

Pie O My is offline  
Old
10-02-2012, 03:58 PM
  #766
Artemis
Took the red pill
 
Artemis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: United States
Posts: 18,284
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
Wasn't sure where else to ask this, but has anyone been following the KPD v Bloggers fued on Twitter? Fascinating stuff.
Puck Daddy, Pension Plan Puppets and Backhand Shelf have all weighed in. (Sorry on my phone and can't link) It's outstanding.

Artemis is online now  
Old
10-02-2012, 04:49 PM
  #767
MattFromFranklin
Registered User
 
MattFromFranklin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Franklin, MA
Posts: 916
vCash: 500
http://www.boston.com/sports/touchin...s=all#comments

MattFromFranklin is online now  
Old
10-02-2012, 07:06 PM
  #768
Hnidy Hnight
Registered User
 
Hnidy Hnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: North of Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,953
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattFromFranklin View Post
Afternoon shows a dead split....wow. Football season will change that for fall ratings, but I think merloni and mut has improved alot.

You could also argue felger and mazz would have dominated more, and dennis & callahan would have won if not for cable tv deals.

Hnidy Hnight is offline  
Old
10-05-2012, 10:39 AM
  #769
Artemis
Took the red pill
 
Artemis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: United States
Posts: 18,284
vCash: 500
Somebody just called EEI who wants Nomar for Sox manager because "I saw him on ESPN and he has a great attitude." The guy was serious.

Artemis is online now  
Old
10-05-2012, 10:40 AM
  #770
Donnie Shulzhoffer
Registered User
 
Donnie Shulzhoffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Foxboro, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Somebody just called EEI who wants Nomar for Sox manager because "I saw him on ESPN and he has a great attitude." The guy was serious.
Brilliant!!!

Donnie Shulzhoffer is online now  
Old
10-05-2012, 10:45 AM
  #771
Shaun
beauty
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 21,293
vCash: 50
Manny4Manager

Shaun is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 09:58 PM
  #772
MattFromFranklin
Registered User
 
MattFromFranklin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Franklin, MA
Posts: 916
vCash: 500
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/10/0...ntines-firing/. A little late, but did anyone hear this on Friday or see Adolfo on the news? Funny stuff.

MattFromFranklin is online now  
Old
10-08-2012, 11:18 AM
  #773
Dr Quincy
Registered User
 
Dr Quincy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 15,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCBruin View Post
: )You lost me...then lost me again.

UFC is not a sport. It's people paying to see blood. Nothing wrong with that...but it's not a sport.
Hard for a hockey fan to complain about another sport having blood. I gather you haven't watched it much. If so you'd realize that one of the greatest UFC fighters ever(and the guy who started the whole thing) hardly ever threw a punch or a kick and was (sort of) undefeated without ever drawing a drop of blood.

There's a lot more to it than the simplification you made. Is there often blood? Yup. But there is a ton of strategy and almost and art to the grappling aspect.

Dr Quincy is offline  
Old
10-08-2012, 11:19 AM
  #774
Dr Quincy
Registered User
 
Dr Quincy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 15,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll 4 Lines View Post
Not a fan of Toucher and Rich in the first place, cuz they think they're funny, but they're not, but I go there from time to time in case they do actually talk sports, which is rare.

This morning was the worst radio I've ever heard. I listened for about 20 seconds and changed it. They were bawling out an intern....riveting!

Went back 15 minutes later, cuz everyone else was on ads, and they were talking about bawling out the intern...worst radio ever!!

A guy I talk sports with at work said, "Do you ever listen to T&R?. I listened this morning for the first time and still can't figure out why!"

He said, and I quote, "Worst. Radio. Ever!"

I do wonder how they have a show.

Listened to a lot of NPR this morning! LOL
you had me until NPR.

Dr Quincy is offline  
Old
10-08-2012, 11:45 AM
  #775
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Kate08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Medford MA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,954
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattFromFranklin View Post
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/10/0...ntines-firing/. A little late, but did anyone hear this on Friday or see Adolfo on the news? Funny stuff.
I heard the rant on my commute on Friday. It was pretty funny.

Kate08 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.