HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Notices

The 2013 draft: Because what else are we going to talk about?

Old
10-01-2012, 03:44 PM
Paul4587

vCash: 500
Well it snaked last time. I don't see why they wouldn't use the same system again.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 05:48 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Yeah I'd expect it to snake like last time.Because of how a lot of the teams have the same number of chances to get picked. There's only three tiers of ball totals.

snarktacular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 03:01 AM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

vCash: 69
Someone I could see the Ducks taking if they get near the middle of the draft is Kerby Rychel. Born and raised in Los Angeles. Plays for Windsor. Had 41 goals and 78 points in 68 games last year. 6'1 200 pounds. Local angle would be huge and the kid seems to have size and talent. Though we are pretty solid at LW if you ask me. Ducks would probably prefer a center.

Only 2 points in 5 games so far though. Not a terrific start.

Also, Hampus' brother Anton Lindholm is listed as a Swedish "C" Skater. Could be a 3-5th round grab. Also plays defense. Which gets me thinking that it would be hilarious if we drafted Elias Lindholm AND Anton. We'd end up with a Lindholm triple threat.

Last edited by DuckJet: 10-03-2012 at 03:30 AM.
DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 03:45 AM
Paul4587

Is Elias a relation as well or do they just share the same name?

I don't think we're particularly solid at LW, I think we're more stacked down the middle and at RW right now. Anyways I doubt the Ducks shy away from somebody because of position, our scouts and Murray have always indicated that they will take the BPA. Scoring 41 goals in the OHL as a 17 year old is a pretty impressive accomplishment and I see McKenzie has him in his top 10 too. Considering we're likely about to lose a whole season, I'll probably end up paying way more attention to the upcoming draft for a change.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 03:53 AM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

Bah, wrong thread.

Last edited by quentez: 10-03-2012 at 04:11 AM.
quentez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 05:28 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post

I don't think we're particularly solid at LW, I think we're more stacked down the middle and at RW right now. Anyways I doubt the Ducks shy away from somebody because of position, our scouts and Murray have always indicated that they will take the BPA. Scoring 41 goals in the OHL as a 17 year old is a pretty impressive accomplishment and I see McKenzie has him in his top 10 too. Considering we're likely about to lose a whole season, I'll probably end up paying way more attention to the upcoming draft for a change.
No relation.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 05:31 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Someone I could see the Ducks taking if they get near the middle of the draft is Kerby Rychel. Born and raised in Los Angeles. Plays for Windsor. Had 41 goals and 78 points in 68 games last year. 6'1 200 pounds. Local angle would be huge and the kid seems to have size and talent. Though we are pretty solid at LW if you ask me. Ducks would probably prefer a center.
I don't think he grew up here. Eliteprospects has him listed as having represented Canada, and it looks like he played his hockey at the lower levels there, too.

Edit: Well, he also played with Belle Tire after that, so I'm not sure what the story is there.

Old
10-03-2012, 12:26 PM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
I don't think he grew up here. Eliteprospects has him listed as having represented Canada, and it looks like he played his hockey at the lower levels there, too.

Edit: Well, he also played with Belle Tire after that, so I'm not sure what the story is there.
Well I'll try to find out. And Paul that's a good point.

Old
10-04-2012, 01:32 AM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

Lol I keep bumping this thread. I've really been digging Hunter Shinkaruk lately. Lot's of speed, great vision, slick hands...he really seems like the whole package (with the exception of physical dominance)
http://www.tigershockey.com/video/index

Old
10-05-2012, 09:56 AM
Pellegrino

Ducks is one of around 20 NHL-clubs that have been watching Elias Lindholm closely during the last weeks.

Pellegrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 03:51 PM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

I'm not surprised. Murray and co have developed a Swede fetish.

Old
10-06-2012, 09:40 AM
Exit Dose

I'm two periods into the game between Portland and Brandon. Pullock has one hell of a slapshot, reminds me of Lubo's. He's fairly polished in his own end, and is pretty good at moving the puck up ice.

So far, I'd say he's had the better game than Jones has; Jones has had a few flubs. I would say that Jones has been a bigger force in his own end. It seems like any time the opposition has the puck near him, they are struggling to maintain possession, let alone set up something.

Jones's ability to move the puck through traffic is pretty amazing; bordering on effortless.

I think Pullock will be the bigger threat on offense if Jones can't improve his accuracy and power.

I wouldn't mind having either player, but at the moment I'd still favor Jones. He spent last season in the USHL, while Pullock is an old hand in the WHL.

Old
10-06-2012, 11:34 AM
Exit Dose

Maybe my eyes are deceiving me on Jones, as there are a few dissenting opinions in the Jones vs. Polluck thread.

Old
10-06-2012, 03:31 PM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

I think your USHL point was great. Jones in my mind has the greater upside but isn't as polished right now

Old
10-07-2012, 11:50 AM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
Nope but he's cousin of DRW prospect Calle Järnkrok. Both play in Brynäs now as linemates.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 02:25 AM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

Looks like I'm gonna be paying a lot more attention to William Carrier this year. Last year he was above a PPG (70pts in 66 GP) on a shallow Cape Breton. On a possibly shallower Cape Breton team he's at 16 points in 9 games. If this kid was in Halifax or Quebec we'd be hearing a lot more about him.

Also he's a center, 6 feet, 198 pounds.

Old
10-09-2012, 03:16 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

McKinnon would be so perfect in a Ducks jersey.......

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 11:10 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Looks like I'm gonna be paying a lot more attention to William Carrier this year. Last year he was above a PPG (70pts in 66 GP) on a shallow Cape Breton. On a possibly shallower Cape Breton team he's at 16 points in 9 games. If this kid was in Halifax or Quebec we'd be hearing a lot more about him.
So true. This kid put up 70 points last season and it's like it never happened. After Drouin, he may be one of the most improved for sure. Excellent skater, tremendous offensive package and has a good build to him. He's been a threat to score every time he enters the zone when I see him.

Cape Breton is sort of a "lunchpail" team, so putting up that many points is impressive.

If he continues his great play, he's easily a 1st rounder, and I would love to see him in a Ducks uniform Under-rated for sure.

Last edited by RJQuack: 10-09-2012 at 11:23 PM.
RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 11:10 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
McKinnon would be so perfect in a Ducks jersey.......

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2012, 11:23 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
So true. This kid put up 70 points last season and it's like it never happened. After Drouin, he may be one of the most improved for sure. Excellent skater, tremendous offensive package and has a good build to him. He's been a threat to score every time he enters the zone when I see him.

If he continues his great play, he's easily a 1st rounder, and I would love to see him in a Ducks uniform Under-rated for sure.
He caught my eye in the one 'Q' game I've seen this year. My attention went from O'Brien straight to Carrier for the remainder of the game.

It's good to know that if we get lotto-d into the mid to late first that there will still be a boatload of talent there. Unfortunately, the snake draft means that Edmonton would gain from us picking later.

Old
10-10-2012, 12:38 AM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

^ so true.

Mackinnon
Jones
Monahan
Barkov
Shinkaruk
Lindholm
Pulock
Lazar
Domi
Drouin
Duclair
Erne
Ristolainen
Haag
Carrier
Morrissey
Compher
Rychel
Zadorov
Sorensen
Bukarovsky
Fucale
De La Rose
Nicushkin
Yakimov
Mantha
Ikonen
Horvat
Nurse

I've never been this excited about a group of prospects this early in the year. And who knows who I missed that will find their way into that group.

Last edited by DuckJet: 10-10-2012 at 01:03 AM.
Old
10-10-2012, 03:42 AM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

Quote:
^ so true.

Mackinnon
Jones
Monahan
Barkov
Shinkaruk
Lindholm
Pulock
Lazar
Domi
Drouin
Duclair
Erne
Ristolainen
Haag
Carrier
Morrissey
Compher
Rychel
Zadorov
Sorensen
Bukarovsky
Fucale
De La Rose
Nicushkin
Yakimov
Mantha
Ikonen
Horvat
Nurse

I've never been this excited about a group of prospects this early in the year. And who knows who I missed that will find their way into that group.
No wonder. Lockouts isn`t happening every year

Kalvinators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 04:36 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

since it's unlikely we get the no.1 pick, one guy i'd love to get is Curtis Lazar, when he fills out completely he'll be a bull, imagine him and DSP anchoring a line. it would be hell for the opponents every night

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 04:52 AM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

Lazar would be cool. Domi would be pretty good as well. Better guy for one of our youngsters is Shinkaruk. Already has incredible chemistry with Etem. Those two would drive teams crazy with their speed. Though I like the idea of having Lindholm as the pivot for Palmieri and Etem (Etem already showing he can play LW).

My favorite center not named Mackinnon (I typically assume whoever the top forward in the draft is, won't be a Duck) is Monahan. I absolutely love this kid's game. He'd be perfect as our 2c.

Old
10-10-2012, 05:33 AM
fez

Not sure if he will ge drafted but this guy is interesting.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=122003

The son of Rachel Hunter and Rod Stewart.

If he makes the NHL he could be first UK/NZer in NHL

fez is offline   Reply With Quote