HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2012-13 Ticket Prices (Part II)

Closed Thread

Old
09-27-2012, 04:46 PM
niinah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
I might be one of the few people that's not upset about the payments still going on. I plan on using it as credit for the future anyway, and 2% interest is better than what a bank would get me...
I understand this point of view also...
I'm thinking of letting them keep my payments as credit for next year. Just wish there was some official announcement from MSG about how this will be handled.

Old
09-27-2012, 04:48 PM
17futurecap

Quote:
I might be one of the few people that's not upset about the payments still going on. I plan on using it as credit for the future anyway, and 2% interest is better than what a bank would get me...
I understand the point, and won't care about the Sept payment if they can somehow settle on a new CBA this coming weekend, it's more the lack of communication that bothers me.

Old
09-27-2012, 06:05 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by niinah View Post
I understand this point of view also...
I'm thinking of letting them keep my payments as credit for next year. Just wish there was some official announcement from MSG about how this will be handled.
regardless, they're giving everyone interest. the lack of information is just horrible. they are dropping the ball

Old
09-27-2012, 06:10 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
regardless, they're giving everyone interest. the lack of information is just horrible. they are dropping the ball

In typical MSG fashion.

Old
09-27-2012, 06:47 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
Great, no email and I see the pending charge for September on my AMEX account.

I apologize to everyone here when I said we were getting an Email that no September payments were going to be charged. I didn't realize I was going to be flat out lied to by Gretchen, but this is MSG so I should have known.
Don't blame the messenger--they are just passing along information about decisions they have absolutely no control over. I bet the higher ups had talked about not charging for September, then changed their mind at the last minute. Or the Garden had to get League approval to stop charging and were turned down because it would make other teams (cough Boston cough) look bad and put pressure on them to suspend payments.

Regardless, I doubt your rep was deliberately lying to you.

Old
09-27-2012, 07:39 PM
17futurecap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
Don't blame the messenger--they are just passing along information about decisions they have absolutely no control over. I bet the higher ups had talked about not charging for September, then changed their mind at the last minute. Or the Garden had to get League approval to stop charging and were turned down because it would make other teams (cough Boston cough) look bad and put pressure on them to suspend payments.

Regardless, I doubt your rep was deliberately lying to you.
If the decision wasn't 100% confirmed, which it clearly wasn't, not to charge for September, than tell me a decision hasn't been made by MSG.

Old
09-27-2012, 07:48 PM
Giacomin

I tried to call my rep Yesterday but he was out for a few hours and his cell went to voicemail so I spoke to one of the other reps(fairly new). I asked him about payments for this month and he said they got a notice this morning that the Rangers were not charging STH,s for this month. He even read me the notice over the phone and I could tell he was reading it not ad-libbing. He then said an e-mail was going out today with this notice. Looks like something changed since 1pm yesterday
By the way I asked him about the new tickets now system compared to ticketexchange and he had no clue. Typical MSG!

Old
09-27-2012, 09:59 PM
NYR89

Coming from a sales guy (not with MSG, but with a different sports organization), the sales reps are not deliberately lying at all. Calls as important as this are 100% made by the higher ups and then the reps have to be the messenger. While it's easy to get mad at the rep, they didn't make the decision. Often times as a rep you're expected to be on the phones at all times, whether you have all of the information or not and you do the best that you can to keep people from getting pissed off.

Old
09-27-2012, 11:42 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR89 View Post
Coming from a sales guy (not with MSG, but with a different sports organization), the sales reps are not deliberately lying at all. Calls as important as this are 100% made by the higher ups and then the reps have to be the messenger. While it's easy to get mad at the rep, they didn't make the decision. Often times as a rep you're expected to be on the phones at all times, whether you have all of the information or not and you do the best that you can to keep people from getting pissed off.
Don't think anyone's mad at the reps. Everyone is mad at the fact that MSG tells someone one thing and the very next day the exact opposite happens. If MSG just told everyone what was happening from the beginning, there wouldn't be as big of an issue. Sure people would still be mad over having to pay but at least they wouldn't be mad at being told the wrong info too.

09-28-2012, 02:06 AM
17futurecap

I came off across this afternoon angry at my rep, and I know it's not her fault. It was just frustration with MSG. I plan on calling her tomorrow, and being cordial with her.

Old
09-28-2012, 11:09 AM
NYR89

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Don't think anyone's mad at the reps. Everyone is mad at the fact that MSG tells someone one thing and the very next day the exact opposite happens. If MSG just told everyone what was happening from the beginning, there wouldn't be as big of an issue. Sure people would still be mad over having to pay but at least they wouldn't be mad at being told the wrong info too.
Very valid points. It's frustrating for you guys and I'd be willing to bet it's even more frustrating for the reps. Coming from experience nothing is worse than not having all of the information and being expected to give answers. It puts you in a very awkward position and then the customer gets mad. The worst feeling is not knowing what to say and that's usually when the customer pounces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
I came off across this afternoon angry at my rep, and I know it's not her fault. It was just frustration with MSG. I plan on calling her tomorrow, and being cordial with her.
From a reps perspective this would make me happy. In all honesty, if a customer calls in and is always a dbag I won't ever go out of my way to help them out. If someone calls in and is polite and understanding I would bend more to try and help. Being in your reps good graces is good for both parties.

Old
09-28-2012, 11:29 AM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR89 View Post
From a reps perspective this would make me happy. In all honesty, if a customer calls in and is always a dbag I won't ever go out of my way to help them out. If someone calls in and is polite and understanding I would bend more to try and help. Being in your reps good graces is good for both parties.
I agree with this, but you also have to be stern. I was told over and over again that downgrading was not an option, and I stuck to my gun and told them that was unacceptable based upon where there assigned me. I was respectful and never yelled, but never gave in to them either. The rep finally said he would take care of me -- and he did.

10-02-2012, 12:12 PM
patnyrnyg

After I was told by Gretchen I wouldn't be charged, the guy who sits to my right called and was told the same thing. Well, he was charged and I wasn't. I put a block on my c like someone here suggested. Thank you whomever it was. He is now filing a dispute with his bank. I have not received a call or email from anyone stating the charge was rejected. My friend knows he will lose the dispute, but wants to give them an aggravation since they decided last second to change what they were going to do.

Old
10-03-2012, 11:23 AM
patnyrnyg

Friend got in touch with the garden today. He spoke with Nicole and the decision came from upper management to charge everyone. They are still trying to charge everyone. Anyone whose charge get denied will have their account flagged and they risk losing their seats.

I responded with "F them. Let them keep my seats and send me a refund."

Old
10-03-2012, 11:39 AM
PassShootScore
208 Row 18

vCash: 1150
has anyone that has been taken off their payment plan from there reps been charged?

Old
10-03-2012, 12:23 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassShootScore View Post
has anyone that has been taken off their payment plan from there reps been charged?
Apparently everyone has. As for guys who were told by their reps that payments would be halted, and then went ahead and put a credit card block, I don't see how MSG can justify flagging the accounts for non-payment since their reps agreed to it.

Old
10-03-2012, 12:33 PM
PassShootScore
208 Row 18

i have yet to be charged for september

Old
10-03-2012, 12:48 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassShootScore View Post
i have yet to be charged for september
Me neither, but I put a block on my credit card. Did you do the same?

Old
10-03-2012, 02:15 PM
PassShootScore
208 Row 18

No I talked to my rep and she stopped the payments under the new CBA is signed. She made me write a letter in stating I will catch up with the payments if its signed in the near feature

Old
10-03-2012, 03:06 PM
patnyrnyg

Keep an eye on your cc statement. Wouldn't be surprised if they charge you anyway. My friend was charged Friday, I have not received a call or email from MSG telling me the charge was denied.

Old
10-04-2012, 05:05 AM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

I was charged again for the payment (10 payment plan), called my rep who got back to me within a couple of hours and he said they will off me the option of stopping payments once games are officially canceled. He said I could also request a refund at that time. Or leave the money on account and resume payments if and when the season starts up. And thats exactly what I am going to do, leave the $$ there.

10-04-2012, 01:56 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

I have a feeling that many season subscriptions will be cancelled in the event of an extended lockout. And if MSG decides to raise prices next year, it is going to be one empty building...

Old
10-04-2012, 02:21 PM
Giacomin

Quote:
I have a feeling that many season subscriptions will be cancelled in the event of an extended lockout. And if MSG decides to raise prices next year, it is going to be one empty building...
I think that if you cancelled MSG would have 5 people willing to take your seats. It would have to be a very long lockout as from what I understand the waiting list is as long as it was in the 90,s if not longer.

Old
10-04-2012, 02:25 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bickel41 View Post
I think that if you cancelled MSG would have 5 people willing to take your seats. It would have to be a very long lockout as from what I understand the waiting list is as long as it was in the 90,s if not longer.
There is no waiting list right now. You can request to buy seats right from the website.

Old
10-04-2012, 03:16 PM
Cliffy1814

Quote:
There is no waiting list right now. You can request to buy seats right from the website.
At what price point though?

My assumption is that there are probably seats in the 100's available, but if anything in the 200's ir 400's was released, there would be a long line of people wanting to get their hands on them.

Closed Thread