HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Vancouver - Columbus

Old
10-03-2012, 12:45 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Draft and about 2 days before the draft Columbus added at least 3 goalies to their organization in Bobrovsky, Dansk and Korpi-something. Their first pick in the 3rd round. I think Columbus wants to address goaltending from the inside and not have to pay (potentially) a ridiculous amount to acquire a goalie who may be equal to Dansk.

Columbus fans have been patient already. Not too mention 3 first round picks in this upcoming draft they can grab a forward, d and goalie to further give themselves some ridiculous depth.

Ballard sucks.

If the Canucks trade Luongo, or Schneider they want a top 6 forward, or a top 4 d (at least) in return.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 12:47 PM
Scurr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Not too mention 3 first round picks in this upcoming draft they can grab a forward, d and goalie to further give themselves some ridiculous depth.
Columbus with three firsts...what could go wrong?

Scurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 01:23 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
Columbus with three firsts...what could go wrong?
Steve Tambellini?

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 04:17 PM

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
I think as a Canuck fan it should be easy to dismiss any list that doesn't have Hamhuis as our highest rated defensemen. He's so far and away better than the others that a list that doesn't reflect that obviously isn't very in depth or well thought out.
I think that's a bit of an arrogant position to take.

It's a professional list and I'd bet most professional lists have Edler over Hamhuis.

If almost all professional lists have Edler over Hamhuis then your opinion, not the list would likely be wrong. Perception is often reality.

604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 04:51 PM
CanuckLuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-wayman View Post
Yes there are some teams that Edler would play first pairing. Most of those teams any of Hamhuis, Bieksa, Garrison, Ballard, Edler or even Salo last year would be able to play first pairing, but on the Canucks Edler has up to now has played second pairing. The Canucks have a very strong core defense and those core defensemen a really grouped tightly between a #2D (a defenseman who generally plays a totally solid defense, but doesn't have that extra control the outcome of the game gear) to a #4D (a defenseman who has the potential to step into first pairing duties if required but tends to have occational trouble against a team's top skilled forwards).
The only reason Edler isn't on the 1st pairing is because the chemistry between Bieksa-Hamhuis is so strong. Having a solid 1-2 combo is always more effective than just 1 really good defenseman. And even with that in mind, Edler still logs more minutes than any other defenseman in Vancouver.

Edler should be classified as a second tier #1 defenseman. He isn't in the Chara, Weber, Karlsson, Pietrangelo group. He's just a notch below that. And he's also a much better defenseman than Jack Johnson who I would rate as a good #2 defenseman.

CanuckLuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 10:39 PM
Yossarian54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Brushing up against the latter. Savard is very highly thought of, so we'd probably need something more significant back. We have some small concerns about our RD as well ("what if Nikitin abruptly implodes, or if Wisniewski's injury issues never go away"), so we're not particularly eager to move someone who can play there at a high level. But it's still feasible. I just hesitate to try to come up with a value or comparable before we've seen the current pairings play again, though. I want to see if we'll need our insurance policy before we send it away.

Earlier in the thread, there was a Rodin-for-Goloubef discussion, though, which seemed plausible.

That's probably fair. He hasn't regressed, but he's not advancing like folks expected.

He's had a couple of injuries too, which hasn't helped.
Fair enough, I don't think i'd be willing to go higher than Rodin + 2nd. We really need to start hoarding our 1sts if we want to be able to stay a top team in a few years.

I don't know much about Goloubef but could be a goer. Perhaps it might be better to wait and see whether the CBJ jogjam squeezes someone out.

Yossarian54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 11:44 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian54 View Post
Fair enough, I don't think i'd be willing to go higher than Rodin + 2nd. We really need to start hoarding our 1sts if we want to be able to stay a top team in a few years.

I don't know much about Goloubef but could be a goer. Perhaps it might be better to wait and see whether the CBJ jogjam squeezes someone out.
Makes sense, and that kind of is our plan at the moment (see who gets squeezed out, that is).

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote