HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs [2-1-0] & Wheeling Nailers 2012-2013

Closed Thread

Old
10-02-2012, 06:50 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Chucky breakout year

vCash: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Did Schultz won?
No one indicated who won on twitter, probably an even bout.

2-2 now, Geoffrion from Palushaj and Leblanc.

Nattinen scores winner with 3 seconds left.

Last edited by Marc the Habs Fan: 10-02-2012 at 07:10 PM.
Old
10-02-2012, 07:12 PM
Andy

vCash: 500
I forgot thet Pateryn was also an acquired prospect (acquired in the Grabovski deal).

Like I said earlier, it would be nice for these acquired prospects like Holland, Bournival, Pateryn, Schultz, Eller and Palushaj (I know Eller is already in the nhl) to reach their full potential. We rarely win at this aspect of trades.

Though the Bournival for O'byrne was is looking good so far considering there was no place for O'byrne in the lineup at the time. I really hope Bournival progresses to his full capabilities.

Old
10-02-2012, 07:13 PM
Andy

What is the goal and assist summary?

Old
10-02-2012, 07:16 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

https://twitter.com/BWildeCTV

Old
10-02-2012, 07:18 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

The fight....upside down....

http://twitter.yfrog.com/htsskezyyrgxcldkcxfbgcftz

Old
10-02-2012, 07:39 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Both seems to have land good shots. Looks like a even bout.

Old
10-02-2012, 08:10 PM
Et le But

As expected the veterans are more effective in these games than the new guys, interesting to see Geoffrion and Nattinen take charge on these plays.

Old
10-02-2012, 10:10 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Went to the dogs' game today. The place was packed.

Took a spot in the stands and began to chat with two men, one of which happened to be an ex-scout for the Mooseheads. It's when you go to those events that you see how hockey is loved and how a lot of people know their hockey.

I was really impressed by that Farnham guy. Small guy, but he's a speedster, he works hard and he doesn't back down from anyone. Hope they tend him a two-way(AHL/ECHL) offer.

Beaulieu had a pretty average game, still almost scored on the PP, but had two bad penalties. Displayed his skills and his good skating ability but the guys were fore-checking hard and he's not used yet to the speed of the level, you can see it. He needs to take better decisions, on one play he tried to deke around a guy instead of just doing an 'over' to his partner. But that will come with maturity and that's why he's going to start in the AHL.

Pretty good game for Tinordi who seems to be very hard to play against 1v1. He made a very long pass to send Lefebvre on a breakaway, showed great vision there. Didn't make many errors during the game, he was paired with smaller Nic Gagné who didn't look out of place either. Tinordi will need to make his plays faster as the pressure comes quick at the Pro level.

Gallagher was buzzing almost every shift, especially when he was playing with Bournival, he's very good at opening himself to passing lanes in the slot and is always in the face of the goaltender.

Bournival did good, while not great, didn't make many mistakes, saw him win a 3v1 battle along the boards, very feisty and his footspeed will be amongst the best on the Dogs' team.

Berger looks faster than last year but he didn't show much offensively, laid a good hit on St-Denis but beside that a quiet game for the Swiss.

I liked Chaput, did lots of good plays, he's talented and was dangerous on many occasions, I think he has his spot on the team.

Fortier did score, but he wasn't very dominant. Expected more from him, he did the good plays and was flawless defensively but I want more out of him offensively, maybe it's time to say farewell to Olivier.

Geoffrion got connected by Owuya in the center zone and score from a slapper, he's a good AHLer and when matched with Palushaj and Leblanc they were dangerous. I still don't think he will amount to more than an injury call-up.

Hagel fought against Schultz and he did farely well, expected him to look way worse than that. I'm not sure about him, if he has his spot or not. Didn't look bad or good.

Now here's one guy that is impressive, Patrick Holland. Speed, smarts, seems like he's always where the puck will end at. He did good on both sides of the ice, I'm looking forward to see him play this year.

Lefebvre displayed his speed on a few occasions and was robbed by Desjardins on a breakaway.

Leblanc will have a great year in the AHL and looked stronger and faster than last year. Made smart plays as advertised and had a few chances offensively.

Macaulay doesn't have that split second yet but he's big and laid a few good hits. Might be worth giving him a contract.

Nattinen scored a beautiful goal 3 seconds before the end of the game, a snapshot from the slot top shelf. He looks more confident on the ice and should be a top6 forward for the Dogs.

I didn't notice Ouellet much, did he even play?

Palushaj seemed way too fast and strong for this level of hockey, but with him it's not whether or not he can dominate against try-outs and prospects but it's if he can make the next step which is the NHL, he looked bigger than last year, but I'm eager to see him against NHL players.

Quailer looked good, jumped on a rebound to score, and those are the kind of goals he'll need to score if he ever wants to make the NHL. With his frame he has to go in front of the net. His skating speed looked fine, I think it won't be a very hard period of adjustment for Steven.

Small Randford did good today, definitely could receive a try-out by the end of the year with the Dogs.

Like the way Torquato plays the game and thinks it, interesting invite from the management.

Really disappointed by Avtsin and Schultz who were pretty invisible throughout the game.

Didn't really notice Stejskal.

Pateryn did good with Beaulieu, which could eventually become a pair for the Dogs, safe, physical.

St-Denis was solid, flawless.

Owuya was physical and didn't look out of place, he's not the fastest skater though and reacts slowly.

Liked both Boutet and Corbin, nice to see the organization invite big bodies.

Old
10-02-2012, 11:15 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

^Thanks! Don't think Tinordi will be in Hamilton long...

Old
10-02-2012, 11:33 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post

Took a spot in the stands and began to chat with two men, one of which happened to be an ex-scout for the Mooseheads. It's when you go to those events that you see how hockey is loved and how a lot of people know their hockey.

I was really impressed by that Farnham guy. Small guy, but he's a speedster, he works hard and he doesn't back down from anyone. Hope they tend him a two-way(AHL/ECHL) offer.

Beaulieu had a pretty average game, still almost scored on the PP, but had two bad penalties. Displayed his skills and his good skating ability but the guys were fore-checking hard and he's not used yet to the speed of the level, you can see it. He needs to take better decisions, on one play he tried to deke around a guy instead of just doing an 'over' to his partner. But that will come with maturity and that's why he's going to start in the AHL.

Pretty good game for Tinordi who seems to be very hard to play against 1v1. He made a very long pass to send Lefebvre on a breakaway, showed great vision there. Didn't make many errors during the game, he was paired with smaller Nic Gagné who didn't look out of place either. Tinordi will need to make his plays faster as the pressure comes quick at the Pro level.

Gallagher was buzzing almost every shift, especially when he was playing with Bournival, he's very good at opening himself to passing lanes in the slot and is always in the face of the goaltender.

Bournival did good, while not great, didn't make many mistakes, saw him win a 3v1 battle along the boards, very feisty and his footspeed will be amongst the best on the Dogs' team.

Berger looks faster than last year but he didn't show much offensively, laid a good hit on St-Denis but beside that a quiet game for the Swiss.

I liked Chaput, did lots of good plays, he's talented and was dangerous on many occasions, I think he has his spot on the team.

Fortier did score, but he wasn't very dominant. Expected more from him, he did the good plays and was flawless defensively but I want more out of him offensively, maybe it's time to say farewell to Olivier.

Geoffrion got connected by Owuya in the center zone and score from a slapper, he's a good AHLer and when matched with Palushaj and Leblanc they were dangerous. I still don't think he will amount to more than an injury call-up.

Hagel fought against Schultz and he did farely well, expected him to look way worse than that. I'm not sure about him, if he has his spot or not. Didn't look bad or good.

Now here's one guy that is impressive, Patrick Holland. Speed, smarts, seems like he's always where the puck will end at. He did good on both sides of the ice, I'm looking forward to see him play this year.

Lefebvre displayed his speed on a few occasions and was robbed by Desjardins on a breakaway.

Leblanc will have a great year in the AHL and looked stronger and faster than last year. Made smart plays as advertised and had a few chances offensively.

Macaulay doesn't have that split second yet but he's big and laid a few good hits. Might be worth giving him a contract.

Nattinen scored a beautiful goal 3 seconds before the end of the game, a snapshot from the slot top shelf. He looks more confident on the ice and should be a top6 forward for the Dogs.

Palushaj seemed way too fast and strong for this level of hockey, but with him it's not whether or not he can dominate against try-outs and prospects but it's if he can make the next step which is the NHL, he looked bigger than last year, but I'm eager to see him against NHL players.

Quailer looked good, jumped on a rebound to score, and those are the kind of goals he'll need to score if he ever wants to make the NHL. With his frame he has to go in front of the net. His skating speed looked fine, I think it won't be a very hard period of adjustment for Steven.

Small Randford did good today, definitely could receive a try-out by the end of the year with the Dogs.

Like the way Torquato plays the game and thinks it, interesting invite from the management.

Really disappointed by Avtsin and Schultz who were pretty invisible throughout the game.

Pateryn did good with Beaulieu, which could eventually become a pair for the Dogs, safe, physical.

Owuya was physical and didn't look out of place, he's not the fastest skater though and reacts slowly.

Interesting. Very well thought out analysis. Nattinen could be a good player down the road. Palushaj reminds me of a young Scott Gomez. Hamilton is talented, but is missing that one sniper. Collberg would do well there. The Dogs have talent, but will need experience on defense. Of course the coaching staff will make a difference, but the Dogs are really young on the back end.

Old
10-03-2012, 12:18 AM
Et le But

Quote:

Thanks for the report. Great to hear Holland looked impressive, for me intelligence wins out and I really think he has NHL potential if he can add weight without losing his speed.

Also nice to hear Nattinen continues to get more confident on North American ice.

I think Leblanc, Palushaj, Geoffrion and Nattinen will be the key forwards for the Dogs this year, hopefully Gallagher and Bournival can be up there too. This team really could have used Kristo's potential since I think at this point Avtsin is a lost cause at least in this organization. Though no Kristo opens the door to Holland.

Old
10-03-2012, 01:17 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

ill just repeat what i've been saying for months. palooshaye needs a proper NHL spot with actual players. guy's done in the AHL

Old
10-03-2012, 01:39 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
ill just repeat what i've been saying for months. palooshaye needs a proper NHL spot with actual players. guy's done in the AHL
Good luck getting a proper NHL spot when there is no actual NHL.

Old
10-03-2012, 02:55 AM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
And the AHL this year is really AHL+. Pretty good competitive enviroment for the likes of Palushaj and Leblanc. They're stars in in normal AHL but there's a lot of NHL level talent and top prospects playing in the A right now, they're hardly the cream of the crop anymore.

Old
10-03-2012, 04:24 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
oh don't be pedantic

Old
10-03-2012, 06:16 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Thanks! A whole lot of praise for everyone. It will be interesting to see what they do with the invitees. Tonight are the first cuts so unfortunately, you might expect that for the invitees so stick around, they would have to have the camp Farnham had. So maybe it's the end for Ranford and Co. On D....well, maybe some of the big bodies will stick around. But I will choose to believe that it would be better to bury Stejskal, even if he has some experience, in the ECHL and make him play a lot, and give his spot to somebody else.

Old
10-03-2012, 08:45 AM
VanNistelrooy

I think the lockout will benefit to Leblanc, Gallagher and all the young studs in Hamilton right now that will focus on playing well for the Bulldogs instead of thinking about call-ups in the NHL. With so many young D's like Tinordi, Beaulieu, Ellis and Pateryn making their first strides in the league, playing with a great opposition like they'll have this season, it's gonna help their developpment for sure.

Old
10-03-2012, 01:08 PM
PyrettaBlaze

Bergevin will have a PC at 5pm to talk about the camp.

10-03-2012, 01:52 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
I hope you're right! I was also impressed and pleasantly surprised by that WJC, but mostly by Tinordi's play in his own end.
Tinordi wasn't drafted to be a offensive defenceman,his forte is shutting down the top offensive players for the opposition.He's definitely living up to the expectations everyone had for him,Vancouver GM Gillis is probably still choked that Gauthier traded up knowing he wanted Jarred also.The Hab defence will certainly look very different when Tinordi joins the team,the Habs will have some swagger with Subban,Tinordi and Emelin. The Big Three on defence with many more in the pipeline,still to come.

Old
10-03-2012, 04:00 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Bergevin will have a PC at 5pm to talk about the camp.
Net feed, tv feed, radio feed ?

Old
10-03-2012, 05:56 PM
Game

There is a live stream of tonights Bulldogs intra-squad game on Abe Hefter's twitter link:

http://www.cjad.com/Blog/HabsNews/home.aspx

Hockey!

The link is working, watching it live

Old
10-03-2012, 06:00 PM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
There is a live stream of tonights Bulldogs intra-squad game on Abe Hefter's twitter link:

http://www.cjad.com/Blog/HabsNews/home.aspx

Hockey!

The link is working, watching it live
What's the point with such a bad feed? You can't even make out the players.

Old
10-03-2012, 06:09 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
What's the point with such a bad feed? You can't even make out the players.
Beggars, choosers, etc.

It's pretty good resolution for a hair dryer.

Old
10-03-2012, 06:31 PM
Kjell Dahlin

Thanks QuebecPride. Good to read that Gallagher and Bournival played together and did well; I really like their compete level.

Old
10-03-2012, 06:32 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Huge hit from pateryn on Palushaj. And a goal scored by Boom Boom. Ouellet counters, 2-1 whites.

Closed Thread