HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF Flyers Xbox 360 GM Connected League [Period Ends Friday] [Part Three]

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-03-2012, 10:31 AM
  #276
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 11,980
vCash: 50
I was impressed by the team chemistry the HFF EASHL team displayed last night, even though our pros are incredibly awful. I look forward to playing more games.

Anyone on the EASHL team please add me on live so I can know when you're on and if you want to play. GT: BurrellCannon

Also, Columbus, Florida, Boston and Minnesota PLEASE play me tonight.

__________________
"Help was not promised, lovely girl. Only death."
JDinkalage Morgoone is online now  
Old
10-03-2012, 10:36 AM
  #277
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 13,311
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
I was impressed by the team chemistry the HFF EASHL team displayed last night, even though our pros are incredibly awful. I look forward to playing more games.

Anyone on the EASHL team please add me on live so I can know when you're on and if you want to play. GT: BurrellCannon

Also, Columbus, Florida, Boston and Minnesota PLEASE play me tonight.
Agreed--it went better than expected--particularly given that two of the teams we lost to won their respective playoffs.

Anyone know why your perfect passes to me at the point would simply go through my guy? Is it his hand-eye? Can I hold a button to make it more likely he'll receive the pass, or am I better off not doing a thing? I had a similar issue in the corner a few times--I'd skate directly past a loose puck.

Also, we need another player--preferably a defenseman. The AI did a good job of keeping the LD back, but he was too passive on rushes, and I was caught out of position a few times trying to compensate.


Last edited by Jack de la Hoya: 10-03-2012 at 11:03 AM.
Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 10:46 AM
  #278
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 20,038
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Agreed--it went better than expected--particularly given that two of the teams we lost to won their respective playoffs.

Anyone know why you're perfect passes to me at the point would simply go through my guy? Is it is hand-eye? Can I hold a button to make it more likely he'll receive the pass, or am I better off not doing a thing? I had a similar issue in the corner a few times--I'd skate directly past a loose puck.

Also, we need another player--preferably a defenseman. The AI did a good job of keeping the LD back, but he was too passive on rushes, and I was caught out of position a few times trying to compensate.


Playing with Washington and Minnesota I was playing D. That's probably where i'm going to play now.

In regards to getting the passes it probably has to do with hand eye, all of our players are terrible right now so we're at a disadvantage compared to the other teams who have been playing. Playing last night with WSH and MIN we ran into the buzzsaw since we were playing until 4 and all of the good teams were on. We held our own just wound up losing all of the games but one.

__________________

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 11:02 AM
  #279
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 20,038
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbs18 View Post
just sent a join request for the EASHL club.

GT: Inversionz
Accepted.

Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 11:04 AM
  #280
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 13,311
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post


Playing with Washington and Minnesota I was playing D. That's probably where i'm going to play now.

In regards to getting the passes it probably has to do with hand eye, all of our players are terrible right now so we're at a disadvantage compared to the other teams who have been playing. Playing last night with WSH and MIN we ran into the buzzsaw since we were playing until 4 and all of the good teams were on. We held our own just wound up losing all of the games but one.
What visual settings do you use?

Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 11:10 AM
  #281
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 20,038
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
What visual settings do you use?
Umm, I want to say Classic but I probably should be using overhead. I'll go check.

EDIT: Yup, classic.

Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 11:12 AM
  #282
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 13,311
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Umm, I want to say Classic but I probably should be using overhead. I'll go check.

EDIT: Yup, classic.
So basically the same one you use for team play, not the "Ice / High" whatever is assigned as default for Be-A-Pro?

Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 11:15 AM
  #283
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 20,038
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
So basically the same one you use for team play, not the "Ice / High" whatever is assigned as default for Be-A-Pro?
Yeah, I don't like the camera just following me around not being able to see the whole ice. It's nice in the offensive zone but a nightmare defensively.

Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 11:41 AM
  #284
SnS
Mod Supervisor
 
SnS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 11,834
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by leclair1088 View Post
I may be able to hop on tonight for a little while but I wont know until later today.

It says period ends 10/4 so does that mean you will advance tonight at midnight or we have until 11:59pm of 10/4 to get the games in?
I won't be on til roughly 11:10-11:15 tonight


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
He'll advance tomorrow, I believe.

EDIT: Sh0otnSc0re will like this: in another league, the AI (for WPG) just signed Chaz Johnson (52 OV) to a 1 year, $7.2 million contract to get to the cap floor.
Epic.

__________________
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/nemesis15/SnS-Sig.gif

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
SnS is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 11:48 AM
  #285
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 11,980
vCash: 50
Will Gibbs be our LD? I would prefer to stay on the wings, but I suppose I could move to D.

JDinkalage Morgoone is online now  
Old
10-03-2012, 11:48 AM
  #286
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 20,038
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
Will Gibbs be our LD? I would prefer to stay on the wings, but I suppose I could move to D.
I'm gonna play D now with Jack.

Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 12:15 PM
  #287
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 20,038
vCash: 500
So far we have , I know that the majority of you already have EASHL teams but if anyone else wants to join just send a join request to HF Flyers.

Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 12:18 PM
  #288
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob
 
Philadelphia Ducks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,350
vCash: 500
will be around today, send me a message if you have to play them on HFboards, might not be on xbox but I'll be around pc. No one has replied to my pms in three days about game times D888. Still need to play all 6 teams >.>

Philadelphia Ducks is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 12:21 PM
  #289
leclair1088
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
I won't be on til roughly 11:10-11:15 tonight
I got a hockey game at 10pm, won't be home until 1145-12pm then its right to bed sorry...I got nothing to do tomorrow after work so I can get on anytime from 6pm-11pm

leclair1088 is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 12:22 PM
  #290
leclair1088
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
So far we have , I know that the majority of you already have EASHL teams but if anyone else wants to join just send a join request to HF Flyers.
I'll get a request in once I get on today or tomorrow. I'm not a good Dman but I dont mind playing it IF no one else will lol

leclair1088 is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 12:26 PM
  #291
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 11,980
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
I'm gonna play D now with Jack.
Excellent. This is shaping up quite nicely. I believe you can play drop in games in order to advance your pro's attributes, right? I encourage everyone to do that!

JDinkalage Morgoone is online now  
Old
10-03-2012, 12:27 PM
  #292
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob
 
Philadelphia Ducks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,350
vCash: 500
I love when you get an injury and they mess up your whole lines, lol. I especially like when it's a forward injury and somehow they end up changing your defensive pairings too.

Philadelphia Ducks is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 12:28 PM
  #293
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 20,038
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
Excellent. This is shaping up quite nicely. I believe you can play drop in games in order to advance your pro's attributes, right? I encourage everyone to do that!
That you can.

Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 12:33 PM
  #294
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 13,311
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
Excellent. This is shaping up quite nicely. I believe you can play drop in games in order to advance your pro's attributes, right? I encourage everyone to do that!
Yup. I have my Dman up to about 63 OV--and I'm one game away from promotion from my rookie card, so I should be able to get him up around 65 OV soonish.

Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 12:46 PM
  #295
PF
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: UK
Country: England
Posts: 670
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
So far we have , I know that the majority of you already have EASHL teams but if anyone else wants to join just send a join request to HF Flyers.
Is there a limit on people? I don't want to take up space if there is as I probably can't play much with you guys at the moment (exam coming up on top of the time zone differences). If there's not though then I'd like to join.

I play a lot of be a pro on single player, unfortunately I set myself as 16 years old for some reason when I started and junior games don't advance your level.

PF is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 12:52 PM
  #296
Dishy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 55
vCash: 500
Can I be added to the waitlist / put on an available team?

Dishy is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 12:52 PM
  #297
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 13,311
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PF View Post
Is there a limit on people? I don't want to take up space if there is as I probably can't play much with you guys at the moment (exam coming up on top of the time zone differences). If there's not though then I'd like to join.

I play a lot of be a pro on single player, unfortunately I set myself as 16 years old for some reason when I started and junior games don't advance your level.
Your attributes for online are separate from single-player, and I'd think that a few extra players would be useful. I know I'm not always going to be up at 3 in the morning to play.

EDIT: I should say, I think it is separate from your offline mode, but maybe I'm wrong....

EDIT #2: I think I am wrong. Your card transfers, as do any Hockey Shop bonuses, but not attributes? Is that right?


Last edited by Jack de la Hoya: 10-03-2012 at 01:04 PM.
Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 12:54 PM
  #298
PF
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: UK
Country: England
Posts: 670
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Your attributes for online are separate from single-player, and I'd think that a few extra players would be useful. I know I'm not always going to be up at 3 in the morning to play.
Ah, I thought that rank it gives you carried over. Like I say I haven't levelled it anyway as only NHL games count towards that.

3am would be good, that's 8am here, I can get up early for those ones hah.

PF is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 01:07 PM
  #299
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 20,038
vCash: 500
There may be a limit but it's not one that we'll get anywhere near.

Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 01:08 PM
  #300
PF
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: UK
Country: England
Posts: 670
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
There may be a limit but it's not one that we'll get anywhere near.
Might as well count me in then if that's ok.

PF is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.