HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official 2012-2013 Personnel Acquistion/Speculation Thread

Old
09-16-2012, 12:33 AM
nooch

vCash: 500
Convert Runblad to a forward. But still have him on point during power plays.

nooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 06:30 AM
DesertDawg

The Coyotes are at 48 contracts. They would need to move contract(s) if they bring in players...

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 08:59 AM
BUX7PHX

Some type of top 9 forward still needs to be brought in to make me feel comfortable about the team overall.

Ideally, we'd be able to get someone who can play either C or W. Very similar to how Fiddler was used in his first year here - primarily playing LW, but moving over to C for injuries.

Peverley is still my pick to go after. Bryan Little would also be the type of player that works out well. Jussi Jokinen or Matt Cullen.

Send Rundblad or some defenseman and a pick over to acquire one of these players.

BUX7PHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 11:14 AM
DesertDawg

Brandon Sutter is on top of my wish list, Peverley is up there too. Doubt either player can be had except by overpayment. Hoping that Connolly gets an amnesty buy out and signs with the Coyotes for relatively cheap.

Who knows, maybe the Flames will finally shop Iginla at the deadline.

It would be in the best interest of the Coyotes to be able to be buyers next off-season.

If the season is a total wash, is the league going to favor teams that did poorly last season in the next draft? Isn't that the way the Pens turned around their franchise?

...can't believe either side doesn't want to have NHL hockey this season! Maybe it's time to bring back the WHL!

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 12:30 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I can't see Sutter being moved. He hasn't even played a game yet.

Peverley could move, I think. Raptor Jesus is a great player but do they consider him part of the core? Probably not like Bergeron, Seguin, Krejci, Marchand, Lucic, and Horton....which is one Hell of a top six without him.

Bryan Little is one if my favorite hockey players, but I'm not sure I'm willing to move Yandle or Gormley to Winnipeg for him. I'd look for a smaller move.

Canes are going for it and I can't see them moving Jokinen for a prospect or young bubble player.

Cullen is fine and I'd lump him in with the likes of Lombardi, Connolly, Gomez. and Horcoff. He had four more points than Langkow. Arnott can probably get lumped into those six or seven guys, too.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 02:26 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

I'd rather have Cullen out if all of them, that guy is creative.

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 01:40 PM
Redcoyote
Hungry

I just want a third line center ahead of gordon. guys like moss and chip should stay on the wing.

Im fine with

Boedker-Vermette-Doan
Sullivan-Hanzal-Vrbata
Torres-center-Korpikoski
Chip-Gordon-Moss

Johnson and Biz.

I dont think Miele is ready yet

Redcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 01:09 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

I would really like to pry Marcus Johansson from the Caps. He was drafted 24th overall in 2009, and is a Swedish center out of the SEL. A young center who has two years of NHL experience and has put up pretty decent numbers.

I would trade Rundblad for him, amd I'm one of the few who thinks we should keep Rundblad.

Old
10-03-2012, 01:24 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
amd I'm one of the few who thinks we should keep Rundblad.
I dunno what exactly the general opinion is on the move/don't move Rundblad front.

Personally I think his upside is worth more than whatever we would get back for him. Despite how much of a crapshoot it may be.

Course I thought the same thing about Enver Lisin so what do I know

SniperHF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 02:19 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcoyote View Post
I just want a third line center ahead of gordon. guys like moss and chip should stay on the wing.

Im fine with

Boedker-Vermette-Doan
Sullivan-Hanzal-Vrbata
Torres-center-Korpikoski
Chip-Gordon-Moss

Johnson and Biz.

I dont think Miele is ready yet
Totally agree on the third center bit. That's all I want. One player who fits in frony of Gordon and behind Hanzal and Vermette.

Old
10-03-2012, 02:33 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
I dunno what exactly the general opinion is on the move/don't move Rundblad front.

Personally I think his upside is worth more than whatever we would get back for him. Despite how much of a crapshoot it may be.

You're not the only one. I thought Lisin was the real deal. His skating a puck handling was that of a magestic man horse hybrid straight out of Narnia. His shot was as accurate and graceful as a gymnastics mount in the olympics. His speed and explosiveness was that of a powerful cheetah stalking it's helpless prey.

Turns out he was a whole lotta nothin'

Old
10-03-2012, 03:03 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:

Yeah, I'm in no hurry to move Rundblad. I like what we have going as far as young players and wouldn't move the key young guys in the system, right now. I'd rather tweak the NHL roster just a bit and see what Dave Tippett can do.

Old
10-03-2012, 04:02 PM
hbk

Quote:

His upside offensively is higher than any player (including the forwards). He's the most talented prospect we have. Gormely is the safer prospect but Rundblad has home run offensive talent.

I don't believe however that you can have Rundblad and Yandle on this squad at the same time. They are redundant assets. That being said Rundblad still needs some AHL time to get his defensive game up to a Dave Tippett standard.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 04:12 PM
PHX FireBirds18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
You're not the only one. I thought Lisin was the real deal. His skating a puck handling was that of a magestic man horse hybrid straight out of Narnia. His shot was as accurate and graceful as a gymnastics mount in the olympics. His speed and explosiveness was that of a powerful cheetah stalking it's helpless prey.

Turns out he was a whole lotta nothin'
I was one of the few that never really liked Lisin a whole lot. There was plenty of other young and talented prospects I was wrong about though. The problem I had with Enver was that he never knew what a the defensive zone looked like and spent most of his time looking to go on a breakaway. This was a problem that became even more apparent when he has doing it all the time in practice. Bit one dimensional in his one on one ability but there was no denying the talent level. I had np with the trade but that's because I really like Korpi from his WJC days.

Fun lil flash back.http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=663242

PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 04:30 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
I don't believe however that you can have Rundblad and Yandle on this squad at the same time. They are redundant assets.
Maybe so, when he actually achieves some of his upside. But I'd sooner move Yandle two years down the road then trade Rundblad now. Even if that means a slightly unbalanced D for a year or two. His value now is not enough to make him worth moving unless it was part of a bigger package. I'd rather hit the home run (or triple) with Rundblad in the system and then weigh my options.

Old
10-03-2012, 04:30 PM
hbk

We should be looking at the potential rollback and reduced salary cap implications to determine which teams might be desperate to make a move.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 04:32 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger

Quote:
We should be looking at the potential rollback and reduced salary cap implications to determine which teams might be desperate to make a move.
If by we you mean *rt* should be and then bring us a nice report

I've got slacking off to do

Old
10-03-2012, 06:29 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX FireBirds18 View Post
I was one of the few that never really liked Lisin a whole lot. There was plenty of other young and talented prospects I was wrong about though. The problem I had with Enver was that he never knew what a the defensive zone looked like and spent most of his time looking to go on a breakaway. This was a problem that became even more apparent when he has doing it all the time in practice. Bit one dimensional in his one on one ability but there was no denying the talent level. I had np with the trade but that's because I really like Korpi from his WJC days.

Fun lil flash back.http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=663242
Haha. I have become no better in the last three years. So sad.

Old
10-03-2012, 06:31 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Also, the potential for amnesty buy outs. There could be some decent assets that could possibly be had fairly cheap. Total Maloney moves.

Old
10-03-2012, 08:12 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
If by we you mean *rt* should be and then bring us a nice report

I've got slacking off to do
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1266899

Old
10-03-2012, 09:39 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger

Lol, you outsourced. How clever.

Old
10-04-2012, 07:31 AM
PHX FireBirds18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Haha. I have become no better in the last three years. So sad.
To your credit, you've had your fair share of golden posts and predictions. I do miss the drunken RT rants of old though. So entertaining.

PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 05:26 PM
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.

Screw this season....I'd like to jump ahead to 2013-2014 and suggest the Coyotes acquire Taylor Pyatt at the trade deadline...

Devils Advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 06:06 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Are you using sarcasm to suggest that you aren't happy with re-treads being brought back? Like Vrbata, Morris, Michalek and as some have suggested Lombardi?

Old
10-06-2012, 10:30 AM
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Are you using sarcasm to suggest that you aren't happy with re-treads being brought back? Like Vrbata, Morris, Michalek and as some have suggested Lombardi?
No sarcasm whatsoever. I'd happily welcome Lombardi back for an entire season.....Pyatt would be an ideal pickup for the playoffs.

Devils Advocate is offline   Reply With Quote