HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Senators Prospects 2012-2013 Season

Closed Thread

Old
10-03-2012, 01:38 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

vCash: 2391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
Hmmm... ok guys... read again what I said

"Getting a prospect like Petersson in the 4th round (109th overall) is a steal"

Let me put emphasis on the word prospect.

Even if he doesn't stick in the NHL for whatever reason, the fact that we have a prospect with such potential with a 4th round pick, makes it a steal

If you don't like the word "steal", change it for "pubis hair" I don't care

And as I was reading the rest of the thread, I thought "sigh, who cares anyway?" Not going to spend more time on this

I guess it will just make it even more cool when Petersson makes the NHL (with the Sens or not)
I'd still disagree, simply because there are lots of guys with high potential taken in the later rounds.

As far as the bold goes, it's a discussion forum, you could say that about every post on here.

10-03-2012, 03:07 PM
PatrickEaves
Karan S'Jet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelevel View Post
and he really tailed off after the binghamton comments fiasco. he obviously got a little uncomfortable.
His production tailed off when he was playing with Pat Cannone as his center. Those two had negative chemistry for one reason or another in that they were terrible whenever they played on the same line with each other. Not to say Cannone sucks, but sometimes players just don't click with each other.

I'm pretty sure if you looked at the stats, Petersson's production when playing with Locke or Da Costa was great and next to nothing when playing with Cannone, because that's how I saw it when I was watching Bingo games last year.

Old
10-03-2012, 04:55 PM
Icelevel
little bit better

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrePetersson View Post
His production tailed off when he was playing with Pat Cannone as his center. Those two had negative chemistry for one reason or another in that they were terrible whenever they played on the same line with each other. Not to say Cannone sucks, but sometimes players just don't click with each other.

I'm pretty sure if you looked at the stats, Petersson's production when playing with Locke or Da Costa was great and next to nothing when playing with Cannone, because that's how I saw it when I was watching Bingo games last year.
i might be wrong but i seem to remember his pts per game much better before the comments he made in feb(?)
Do you know where to find his stats at the half way point? just out of curiosity.

Old
10-03-2012, 07:19 PM
SensPromo
AKA "Inf4mous0ne"

vCash: 50
What were his comments last season?

Old
10-03-2012, 07:23 PM
N Bahn Ahden

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensPromo View Post
What were his comments last season?
http://www.the6thsens.com/2012-artic...n93931919.html

Old
10-03-2012, 08:06 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyzeur View Post
Filatov had/has talent as well. It's not all about talent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreGore View Post
As guyzeur pointed out Filatov has amazing talent, yet he can't play in the NHL. Clearly talent is only one component. The another is motivation, another is stature.

Peterrson has super talent. He lacks in size, and apparently from what I have read he is lacking in motivation. With physically gifted players they can frequently ride their pure talent to success up until they near the top of the heap, but as they approach the top, limitations in the other two big factors start taking a toll on their level of success.

The good news is that motivation can change. In a case like AP, he spent some time injured, and some time adapting to the North American ice surface. This is the year when he should put it together. He will be competing in a very good league with good talent around him. If not this year, then he may give it one more shot next fall, but that is about when his journey will end and his aspirations will have been realized or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post
I think people need to be careful when it seems like they are basing a prospect off of tearing up the WJC. Plenty of kids have done that and then gone on to do nothing in the NHL.
Loool, shaking my head..

You guys are either nit-picking facts to support your claims or making stuff up.

Petersson is proven in every single level he has played on. He ripped up the WJC, he won the best player in SEL during the tourney before the season, before his back-injury mayhem followed by having an amazing rookie year on a offense-stricken bingo team that saw KK praise his 2 way game and ethic towards the end of the year.

Tell me what about Petersson shows he doesn't have a shot. Size hasn't stopped him before and his skating should give him an advantage to overcome that. Also, since the day he was drafted, scouts raved his aggressive side saying he plays bigger than his size.

Also, I'm not sure if Bryan Murray is a legit source but pretty sure he said something along the lines of "Petersson will be Spezza's sniper for next 10 years."

Now, don't get me wrong, I am not saying Petersson will beat out everyone and score 30 consistently here on out. I'm saying you guys are disregarding him far too easily for someone who has done exceptionally well due to his circumstances and cause he is no longer the shiny new toy.

Last edited by ReginKarlssonLehner: 10-03-2012 at 08:13 PM.
Old
10-03-2012, 09:03 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
RK did u miss the stream? Sorry it was spur of the moment. I'm doing Friday's game fo-sho. Then you can see Lehner give up another 3 goals (unless Bishop gets the call).

Old
10-03-2012, 10:32 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaindotC View Post
RK did u miss the stream? Sorry it was spur of the moment. I'm doing Friday's game fo-sho. Then you can see Lehner give up another 3 goals (unless Bishop gets the call).
Nah, unfortunately I was studying like a madman for midterm tomorrow. Okok say no more, I'm deya just for you, Main. We'll witness a Lehner shutout together, like ol' times.

Old
10-04-2012, 08:17 AM
MoreGore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Loool, shaking my head..

You guys are either nit-picking facts to support your claims or making stuff up.

Petersson is proven in every single level he has played on. He ripped up the WJC, he won the best player in SEL during the tourney before the season, before his back-injury mayhem followed by having an amazing rookie year on a offense-stricken bingo team that saw KK praise his 2 way game and ethic towards the end of the year.

Tell me what about Petersson shows he doesn't have a shot. Size hasn't stopped him before and his skating should give him an advantage to overcome that. Also, since the day he was drafted, scouts raved his aggressive side saying he plays bigger than his size.

Also, I'm not sure if Bryan Murray is a legit source but pretty sure he said something along the lines of "Petersson will be Spezza's sniper for next 10 years."

Now, don't get me wrong, I am not saying Petersson will beat out everyone and score 30 consistently here on out. I'm saying you guys are disregarding him far too easily for someone who has done exceptionally well due to his circumstances and cause he is no longer the shiny new toy.
I have written down exactly how I see Peterrson.....

===== From top of page 6 ======
handicapping the odds of guys being a regular NHLer and being top 6 (barring injuries)

Zibanejad: 90%,70%, (30% 1st liner)
Silfverberg: 95%, 75% (15% 1st liner)
Stone: 80%, 40% (5% or less 1st liner from here on)
Noesen: 50%, 30%
Prince: 25%, 20%
Peumpel: 20%, 15%
Peterrson: 15%, 15%
Pageau: 10%, 10%

It does not matter who the competition is becasue they can get moved to another team in a flash.

That of course was off the top of my head.....or perhaps pulled out of my butt

=========
In the post you quoted from me I explained exactly why I evaluate him the way I do. Are these numbers made up? Of course they are. They are based on opinions of what is needed to be an NHLer and how I think AP measures up.

You can say all you want that I have discounted him, but I have done a good job of explaining my position. As for the WJC tournament....Nigel Dawes waves hello!

Sometimes players catch "Lightning in a bottle" coining a phrase for Piere McGuire.

Old
10-04-2012, 09:25 AM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

François Brassard's save during Tuesday's game was something... 0:45

Old
10-04-2012, 10:27 AM
Xspyrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreGore View Post
The good news is that motivation can change. In a case like AP, he spent some time injured, and some time adapting to the North American ice surface. This is the year when he should put it together. He will be competing in a very good league with good talent around him. If not this year, then he may give it one more shot next fall, but that is about when his journey will end and his aspirations will have been realized or not.
Yes and that's exactly why the talking around here is so ridiculous... People have no patience, it's incredible, they are talking 1 year ahead of the situation, before the guy could even prove himself... If Petersson doesn't improve at all this year and doesn't get closer to the NHL, then we can start to worry, not NOW

Not after he had a bad back injury for 2 years, not just after he got "fixed" and moved to NA, making his debuts on the NA rink surface and not right after he played his first season in the AHL, with a really underperforming team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Farva View Post
Last year was his first playing in North America, and he posted very good numbers (5 back of Hoffman, with 16 less games played). That is much more than basing him off of one WJC. He was the best rookie, and probably the best offensive player out of our prospects in the AHL last year.

If he plays the whole year down there, I would expect 60-80 points. They will be a better team this year and he has a year under his belt.
Not just that. He had very decent production in the SEL too, considering he mostly had 3rd line minutes (it works like that in the SEL, young guys play behind veterans) and also considering that he was playing injured for the most part...

Also, the comment of the real people "in the know", in terms of Petersson skill level and potential, makes me believe he is not a bust or a "just like any other" prospect

Tsé, they said he was the most skilled prospect in the organization, above guys like Silfverberg, Stone, Prince, Zibanejad, Noesen... That's pretty high praise and they know what they are talking about, they work with those guys almost every day.

Finally, it goes beyond production and results. Just the way Petersson can play, his speed/skating, his damn shot, his dangles ability and the way he is able to control the puck in high traffic areas, tight spaces and under pressure... This last point is very important in the NHL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
I'd still disagree, simply because there are lots of guys with high potential taken in the later rounds.
Yes but not lots... maybe half a dozen each year? I'm saying that getting a prospect with such potential in the 4th round is pretty good value ("steal" was a bad choice of word, again... english is not my 1st langage)

Quote:
As far as the bold goes, it's a discussion forum, you could say that about every post on here.
Yeah, I know I could say that to every post, it just happens that I say it more often now, not going to fight every debate... people are so damn entitled to their opinion, even if you build 1 million arguments based on facts, observation and reality. That's just the reality in the world today. People are their own God. I choose my battles, but why not this one? I have been a Petersson fan since the start and I'm saying he is far from a bust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Loool, shaking my head..

Wow, thanks for injecting some common sense in this thread, particulary the highlighted

Last edited by Xspyrit: 10-04-2012 at 10:36 AM.
Old
10-04-2012, 10:41 AM
Karlssonlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by N Bahn Ahden View Post
I really wish we moved our affiliation. Im going to get a lot of flack for this but Binghampton is terrible lol.

Ideally if we could have one in Kingston, that would be amazing for the Senators fan base. It's also only a 2 hour drive

Old
10-04-2012, 11:01 AM
Pilgore88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlssonlee View Post
I really wish we moved our affiliation. Im going to get a lot of flack for this but Binghampton is terrible lol.

Ideally if we could have one in Kingston, that would be amazing for the Senators fan base. It's also only a 2 hour drive
The Frontinacs would not let that happen

Old
10-04-2012, 11:29 AM
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev

vCash: 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Farva View Post
The Frontinacs would not let that happen
I'd love to kick them to the curb if it meant getting the Sens farm team in town.

Old
10-04-2012, 12:37 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

vCash: 2391
I'm not sure Kingston would support an AHL team. Mostly because Kingston barely supports the Fronts.

Although that might be because the Fronts have perpetually sucked...

Old
10-04-2012, 12:51 PM
The King of Town

Quote:
I'm curious, have you been?

Quote:
Kingston's a student town. Students don't support pro sports teams. Ask the Ottawa Renegades or the Ottawa Rebel, who both tried to market heavily to the student crowd.

I doubt most Sens fans would give a crap about an AHL team in Kingston. The Leafs' farm team is in their own city, and nobody goes to see them.

Nobody in NHL cities actually cares about the AHL, except during a lockout.

Old
10-04-2012, 12:57 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
Quote:

Bingo could do a better job of supporting the team, but I'm going to guess their city budget is stretched thin as it is and it's difficult to justify supporting the hockey team when there are other needs on the table.

I would hate to see the farm team move but as long as it's close that's fine w/ me - as long as I can be active in supporting. Where they are right now works for me because I have family in the Corning area so we can make a night of either Elmira or Bingo. I think even if the BSens move Bingo will have another team come in.

Old
10-04-2012, 01:15 PM
Karlssonlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by The King of Town View Post
I'm curious, have you been?

Kingston's a student town. Students don't support pro sports teams. Ask the Ottawa Renegades or the Ottawa Rebel, who both tried to market heavily to the student crowd.

I doubt most Sens fans would give a crap about an AHL team in Kingston. The Leafs' farm team is in their own city, and nobody goes to see them.

Nobody in NHL cities actually cares about the AHL, except during a lockout.
Queen's University has 24000 students, whereas RMC university has 1100 students.

The city of Kingston's population is 124 000. Yes that's a good chunk of university students but non-the-less the city could still support an AHL team.

In terms of the fan base, It would really help reach out to Sens fan in Kingston and perhaps convert some of those Leaf fans there. The Marlies is a poor example, because it's situated in the the same city, but there are some Hamilton Bulldog fans that support the Montreal Canadians now. It's nice for them to follow some of their favourite prospect and seeing them in the NHL.

Old
10-04-2012, 01:37 PM
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
I'm not sure Kingston would support an AHL team. Mostly because Kingston barely supports the Fronts.

Although that might be because the Fronts have perpetually sucked...
Pretty much this. No one wants to pay $22 for a consistently ****** team.

Old
10-04-2012, 01:52 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
Funny you should mention this. My ultimate goal is to buy the Frontes from the Springer family and move them to southern Ontario where some cities are begging for an OHL team.

The K-roc centre is a beautiful new building that seats just as much as where the baby sens play now.

Kingston population is actually 116,000 people not including the three post secondary schools we have. SLC, Queens and RMC.

We have a military base here. A lot of french soldiers. They would come to watch the Bsens take on the Bulldogs and the Queens students would get drunk watching the Marlies. (like a mini SBP)

The name would stay the same. Kingston Frontenacs. They would just be in the proper colours. I plan on using this as a bases for my final marketing project showing the viability of an AHL franchise in Kingston.

Old
10-04-2012, 01:52 PM
The King of Town

Quote:
Queen's University has 24000 students, whereas RMC university has 1100 students.

The city of Kingston's population is 124 000. Yes that's a good chunk of university students but non-the-less the city could still support an AHL team.

In terms of the fan base, It would really help reach out to Sens fan in Kingston and perhaps convert some of those Leaf fans there. The Marlies is a poor example, because it's situated in the the same city, but there are some Hamilton Bulldog fans that support the Montreal Canadians now. It's nice for them to follow some of their favourite prospect and seeing them in the NHL.
You never answered my question: have you been to Binghamton, to make such judgements about it?

You can keep fooling yourself about Kingston, it's of no consequence matter to me. I'm not going to argue any more about it, it's been done ad nauseam over the years here and elsewhere. If it were such a good idea, you can be sure it would have been done already... These people (NHL owners) didn't become billionaires because they were bad businessmen.

And this is coming from someone who actually likes Kingston.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
I plan on using this as a bases for my final marketing project showing the viability of an AHL franchise in Kingston.
I wish you luck, sincerely.

Old
10-04-2012, 02:15 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
If you ask people why they dont go to Frontes games, the two most common reasons are paying for parking and beer costs too much.

It costs more than it does at SBP

Old
10-04-2012, 02:24 PM
SensPromo
AKA "Inf4mous0ne"

Quote:
Funny you should mention this. My ultimate goal is to buy the Frontes from the Springer family and move them to southern Ontario where some cities are begging for an OHL team.

The K-roc centre is a beautiful new building that seats just as much as where the baby sens play now.

Kingston population is actually 116,000 people not including the three post secondary schools we have. SLC, Queens and RMC.

We have a military base here. A lot of french soldiers. They would come to watch the Bsens take on the Bulldogs and the Queens students would get drunk watching the Marlies. (like a mini SBP)

The name would stay the same. Kingston Frontenacs. They would just be in the proper colours. I plan on using this as a bases for my final marketing project showing the viability of an AHL franchise in Kingston.
What school do you go to?

Old
10-04-2012, 02:34 PM
The King of Town

Quote:
If you ask people why they dont go to Frontes games, the two most common reasons are paying for parking and beer costs too much.

It costs more than it does at SBP
The K-Rock centre is walking distance to both Queen's and RMC.

How much is the beer now? SBP raised their prices again, it was almost $12 for a large at a 67's game. IIRC at the Civic Centre they were cheaper, and the glasses were bigger.

Old
10-04-2012, 03:49 PM
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev

Quote:
Originally Posted by The King of Town View Post
The K-Rock centre is walking distance to both Queen's and RMC.

How much is the beer now? SBP raised their prices again, it was almost $12 for a large at a 67's game. IIRC at the Civic Centre they were cheaper, and the glasses were bigger.
RMC sure, Queen's is a little more further out though.

Couldn't even tell you how much beer is, I have not been to a Fronts game in over 3 years.

Closed Thread