HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

EOJHL Regular Season Underway

Old
10-03-2012, 04:14 PM
Lazarrr

vCash: 500
Here are my Metro predictions. Haven't watched enough games from other teams.

Metro:
Ottawa West - Young team with 8-10 rookies, retains top line from last year, and much better depth. Team will only get better.
Clarence - Brisson and Maseneuve are two of the top players in the league, much better then expected, and have solid depth.
Gatineau - Always a good team. Right up there with Clarence.
Ottawa South - Collins is a good player, but doesn't show up in the Metro division. Have really good D, but no depth up front.

Metcalfe - Haven't seen play.

Lazarrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 04:24 PM
KL14

Watched Collins last night...he was better than good....gave Arnprior fits all night...

I think the Metro division belongs to Gatineau...have yet to see Ottawa West but it is still early....by the end of the month things should be clearer and as always teams will be adjusting until December.

KL14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 12:18 PM
PG

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicNeilTime View Post

Metro:
Ottawa West - Young team with 8-10 rookies, retains top line from last year, and much better depth. Team will only get better.
Clarence - Brisson and Maseneuve are two of the top players in the league, much better then expected, and have solid depth.
Ottawa South - Collins is a good player, but doesn't show up in the Metro division. Have really good D, but no depth up front.

Metcalfe with only one game thus far....outshot Gatineau 45-25 and lost 4-3...should be competitive - Clarence and Ottawa up next will be good tests

PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 02:44 PM
clear the track

Ottawa South

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicNeilTime View Post

Metro:

Disagree with your assessment of Ottawa South. They have fantastic depth up front. 82 pts. in 5 games. Collins has 12 pts in 5 games. Not sure which Collins you have been watching.Their D is a bit suspect. Their goaltending is absolutely brutal. If they can bring in a better goaltender they might be a big surprise in the Metro.

clear the track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2012, 09:54 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by clear the track View Post
Disagree with your assessment of Ottawa South. They have fantastic depth up front. 82 pts. in 5 games. Collins has 12 pts in 5 games. Not sure which Collins you have been watching.Their D is a bit suspect. Their goaltending is absolutely brutal. If they can bring in a better goaltender they might be a big surprise in the Metro.
Im sure there D will be fine come playoff time when one of their two x-Jr.a players will most likely be on the ice at all times. I get the feeling fequet isnt trying too hard right now either

Rangersfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2012, 07:52 AM
KL14

South Ottawa

Unless South Ottawa does something about their goaltending they will not be going very far...need to build from the the back end out...still early but good goaltending is always hard to find.

Old
10-08-2012, 10:27 AM
eddyshack

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL14 View Post
Unless South Ottawa does something about their goaltending they will not be going very far...need to build from the the back end out...still early but good goaltending is always hard to find.
What about the goal tending in Arnprior ?

eddyshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 12:54 PM
KL14

Goal tending in Arnprior

I can attest to the fact that it is not goal tending....it is total lack of team defence and not being able to stay out of the box.....when the team decides to help Lamonthe out, they win....when they all the want to score goals, they lose....I would hate to see the scores if Lamonthe was not in nets in Arnprior.

Old
10-08-2012, 02:04 PM
PG

Clarence 3, Metcalfe 2

Another good effort from Metcalfe falls short....Outshot Castors 36-31....need to find secondary scoring....Ottawa JC up next Tuesday

Old
10-08-2012, 02:22 PM
eddyshack

Quote:
I can attest to the fact that it is not goal tending....it is total lack of team defence and not being able to stay out of the box.....when the team decides to help Lamonthe out, they win....when they all the want to score goals, they lose....I would hate to see the scores if Lamonthe was not in nets in Arnprior.
KL 14. Kyle Lamonthe ? I feel your pain. If you want to be a good goalie get on a great team. It is amazing. Look at Monk in Winchester. Last year he had super star status. The team was very strong. This year the Hawks are rebuilding and Monk is struggling. He is the back-up. It is all about development and the Arnprior goalie will only get better seeing all that rubber.

Last edited by eddyshack: 10-08-2012 at 03:29 PM.
Old
10-08-2012, 03:53 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyshack View Post
KL 14. Kyle Lamonthe ? I feel your pain. If you want to be a good goalie get on a great team. It is amazing. Look at Monk in Winchester. Last year he had super star status. The team was very strong. This year the Hawks are rebuilding and Monk is struggling. He is the back-up. It is all about development and the Arnprior goalie will only get better seeing all that rubber.
The Arnprior goalie is 21, I do not think he cares too much about getting better. He is one of the top 5 goalies in Jr.B and he still has decent save% despite his teams lack of defence.

Old
10-08-2012, 04:07 PM
KL14

Lamothe

He still seems to be very competitive and hates to lose....very vocal during the game. I would not want to see him asking to be moved to another team due to Arnprior not being able to put it together.

I think the Valley Division is going to be wide open...Shawville is starting to play better hockey...Renfrew is holding tight until Pembroke releases some players (which I understand they placed Conroy on waivers last night)...and I sure there will be a couple more to go to Renfrew before too long. Almonte can be competitive and Stittsville is now in first.

I think the longest winning streak of any team has been two games. Looking forward to the showcase this coming weekend in Arnprior. Not sure if many scouts will show up but it is a great chance to see all 22 teams play 2 games each over 2 and 1/2 days.

Last edited by KL14: 10-08-2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old
10-08-2012, 06:05 PM
BadgerKnight

Goalie P Parker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerKnight View Post
Nice story on one of Almonte's goalies.
http://www.ottawacitizen.com/Sports/...480/story.html
Yahoo Sports's columnist Neate Sager has followed up on the earlier Ottawa Citizen story with his own column entitled, Female goalie Peyton Parker aspires to play Junior A hockey dated Fri, 5 Oct, 2012.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrh...v=3#more-14352

BadgerKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 06:09 PM
eddyshack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangersfan21 View Post
The Arnprior goalie is 21, I do not think he cares too much about getting better. He is one of the top 5 goalies in Jr.B and he still has decent save% despite his teams lack of defence.
Top 5 Jr B goalies ? It is early in the season but Kyle Lamonthe is 41 out of 48 goalies in the EOJHL.

5.57 GAA and .861 save %

Not stellar. Not top 5.

Last edited by eddyshack: 10-08-2012 at 07:33 PM.
Old
10-08-2012, 06:20 PM
Ottawa Guy

Quote:
Yahoo Sports's columnist Neate Sager has followed up on the earlier Ottawa Citizen story with his own column entitled, Female goalie Peyton Parker aspires to play Junior A hockey dated Fri, 5 Oct, 2012.

OMG this is nuts, not like the young lady is exactly tearing up the league, 6.10 GAA and .800 save %, numbers like that get you released normally in Jr hockey....

Ottawa Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 06:28 PM
eddyshack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa Guy View Post
OMG this is nuts, not like the young lady is exactly tearing up the league, 6.10 GAA and .800 save %, numbers like that get you released normally in Jr hockey....
I agree. She played for Hawkesbury in exhibition and she was very good. However, more of a "novelty" than a potential Jr. A goalie.

It is early in the season and perhaps her stats will improve.

Old
10-08-2012, 06:40 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
He still seems to be very competitive and hates to lose....very vocal during the game. I would not want to see him asking to be moved to another team due to Arnprior not being able to put it together.

I think the Valley Division is going to be wide open...Shawville is starting to play better hockey...Renfrew is holding tight until Pembroke releases some players (which I understand they placed Conroy on waivers last night)...and I sure there will be a couple more to go to Renfrew before too long. Almonte can be competitive and Stittsville is now in first.

I think the longest winning streak of any team has been two games. Looking forward to the showcase this coming weekend in Arnprior. Not sure if many scouts will show up but it is a great chance to see all 22 teams play 2 games each over 2 and 1/2 days.
I agree it will be very competitive, Renfre does always seem to improve as the year goes on. Hopefully Plaschy in Almonte will get the majority of the starts in net to keep their games close. I am still a bit worried with Shawville, I see them finishing in last.

Old
10-08-2012, 06:57 PM
KL14

Almonte

It would appear that Almonte is going to keep Ms. Parker as a back up as the let Troy Gauthier go when their new goalie came in. They would have had a very good duo if Gauthier had stayed.

Old
10-08-2012, 07:27 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:

I think Almonte has taken her as a hopes to gain publicity (which they have) and it is not performance based as I believe the majority of Midget AA or AAA goalies are more skilled.

Old
10-08-2012, 07:28 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyshack View Post
Top 5 Jr B goalies ? It is early in the season but Kyle Lamonthe is 41 out of 48 goalies in the EOJHL.

5.51 GAA and .881 save %

Not stellar. Not top 5.
I wouldnt be too concerned. Everyone was going crazy over Jeremy Wright before and his save% is now at .909. I wouldnt worry about a goalies GAA in Jr.B as they tend to be high scoring

Old
10-08-2012, 08:12 PM
eddyshack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangersfan21 View Post
I wouldnt be too concerned. Everyone was going crazy over Jeremy Wright before and his save% is now at .909. I wouldnt worry about a goalies GAA in Jr.B as they tend to be high scoring
Really ? Perhaps we should play games and not keep score.

I agree that GAA and save % tell only part of the story.

But they are the benchmark and being positioned 41st out of 48 goalies in the League is not top 5. It is early and it is likely the team and the goalie stats will improve.

Last edited by eddyshack: 10-08-2012 at 10:25 PM.
Old
10-09-2012, 09:19 PM
KL14

New Faces in Renfrew

I hear that some new faces appeared at the Renfrew practice tonight....Drew Anderson, Scott Conroy, and some other large kid from Pembroke.....still need help on D though....now with an excess of forwards some trade packages can be put together.....what is going on in Almonte....heard a couple of key players have asked or have already been dealt to other teams...

Old
10-10-2012, 09:03 AM
Jeff077

Quote:
I hear that some new faces appeared at the Renfrew practice tonight....Drew Anderson, Scott Conroy, and some other large kid from Pembroke.....still need help on D though....now with an excess of forwards some trade packages can be put together.....what is going on in Almonte....heard a couple of key players have asked or have already been dealt to other teams...
The return of those two players would certainly add to the offence in Renfrew.
The Valley is going to be a dog fight for a playoff spot.
Even Shawville could be in the mix, they always seem to be able to score but lack goaltending, but I see they have added a new one in the last couple of weeks and he was in nets for both win, has significantly better numbers than the other 2.
As for Almonte noit sure who has asked to be traded but they should be a solid team with the acquisition of Pleschy that turns a weakness into a strength.
However Bill White typically has had a short shelf life wherever he has been, he may be past his expiry date in Almonte......

Jeff077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 10:51 AM
PG

Metcalfe 8 Ottawa 5

Metcalfe outlasts Junior Canadians 8-5 to post first win and improve to 1-2-0...Ottawa drops to 4-3-0

Old
10-10-2012, 11:48 AM
KL14

Almonte

I heard it was Crozier and Eady that asked for trades, not sure if anything has happens as of yet