HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Lakers, Clippers, Dodgers, Angels Discussion

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-30-2012, 04:34 PM
  #576
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!
 
Vamos Rafa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Clay Court
Country: Spain
Posts: 10,475
vCash: 500
What's the deal with Luis Cruz? No one knows if he can repeat his performance this year next year. Is he a FA this winter?

It might be too late for us to catch the Cards, but I have no doubt we would've been a lock for the playoffs if we had this roster all season long. August might've been just a ****storm. I'd be leaning on the positive side for the other 5 months of the season, barring major injuries.

Vamos Rafa is offline  
Old
09-30-2012, 10:03 PM
  #577
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Jason Lewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,948
vCash: 500
Dodgers man....The early part of this month truly buried them. Otherwise we'd be in by a mile.

Jason Lewis is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 04:56 AM
  #578
kingsholygrail
Hail HYDRA!
 
kingsholygrail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Derpifornia
Country: United States
Posts: 40,538
vCash: 500
Such a Jeckel and Hyde team.

Now they gotta close it out against the Giants and pray the Reds can push the Cards back down.

kingsholygrail is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 09:55 AM
  #579
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Jason Lewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,948
vCash: 500
Yup Dodgers need to go 2-1 or better and have the Cardinals go 1-2 or get swept. Only chance.

Jason Lewis is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 06:30 PM
  #580
DAkings20
Kings can't score
 
DAkings20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Valencia, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,711
vCash: 567

DAkings20 is offline  
Old
10-01-2012, 07:17 PM
  #581
Wildturkey12
Do It!
 
Wildturkey12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: L.A.
Country: United States
Posts: 1,335
vCash: 648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
What's the deal with Luis Cruz? No one knows if he can repeat his performance this year next year. Is he a FA this winter?
.
I thought I read that he will be arb eligble for the first time after 2013. Im loving everything Cruz has done this year but I still want to see him compete with Gordon next season for the starting job.

Wildturkey12 is offline  
Old
10-02-2012, 01:02 AM
  #582
HF007
In Roy we Trust
 
HF007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,105
vCash: 50
Guys I've looked all over and i can't find a Lakers Shaq jersey in a medium so i thought this would be a good place to ask for help!

HF007 is offline  
Old
10-02-2012, 02:15 AM
  #583
RonSwanson*
Gadfly
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Food 'N Stuff
Country: United States
Posts: 8,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF007 View Post
Guys I've looked all over and i can't find a Lakers Shaq jersey in a medium so i thought this would be a good place to ask for help!
I have an XL for you if you're interested.

RonSwanson* is offline  
Old
10-02-2012, 11:34 AM
  #584
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Jason Lewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,948
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildturkey12 View Post
I thought I read that he will be arb eligble for the first time after 2013. Im loving everything Cruz has done this year but I still want to see him compete with Gordon next season for the starting job.
If Cruz can play 2nd base I'd like to see him replace Mark Ellis.

He's been a disappointment for some time now. I still believe in Dee Gordon.

Jason Lewis is offline  
Old
10-02-2012, 12:26 PM
  #585
Julius Caesar Milan
Lord of the Shih Tzu
 
Julius Caesar Milan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Behind you
Posts: 17,235
vCash: 863
I am not a Dee Gordon fan. Other than speed he brings nothing to the table.
He sucks at batting and is below average defensively. I would rather have Cruz there

Julius Caesar Milan is offline  
Old
10-02-2012, 03:23 PM
  #586
Wildturkey12
Do It!
 
Wildturkey12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: L.A.
Country: United States
Posts: 1,335
vCash: 648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
If Cruz can play 2nd base I'd like to see him replace Mark Ellis.

He's been a disappointment for some time now. I still believe in Dee Gordon.
I think Ellis still has a little gas left in the tank. Its nice to have a professional hitter in the lineup. Maybe they could ease Gordon into second base as Ellis will probably need more time off next season. Gordon has been disappointing but I am not ready to give up on him yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
I am not a Dee Gordon fan. Other than speed he brings nothing to the table.
He sucks at batting and is below average defensively. I would rather have Cruz there
Like I said above, Ellis played decent last season but I could see him settling in for more of a bench role. Its going to be 4 guys going for 3 positions. I could see keeping Hanley at SS(keep him happy), Cruz at 3rd and Gordon taking over 2nd by the All Star break.

Wildturkey12 is offline  
Old
10-02-2012, 03:28 PM
  #587
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!
 
Vamos Rafa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Clay Court
Country: Spain
Posts: 10,475
vCash: 500
Dee should play 2B in the Fall league. Moving from SS to 2B is not as easy as it looks.

Vamos Rafa is offline  
Old
10-02-2012, 03:45 PM
  #588
Wildturkey12
Do It!
 
Wildturkey12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: L.A.
Country: United States
Posts: 1,335
vCash: 648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
Dee should play 2B in the Fall league. Moving from SS to 2B is not as easy as it looks.
I agree that it is not an easy transition but he is a young athlete, I could see him being able to pull it off. I dont think he will qualify for the AFL, so he would have to be off to the Caribbean.

Wildturkey12 is offline  
Old
10-02-2012, 11:52 PM
  #589
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Jason Lewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,948
vCash: 500
**** you Mark Ellis.


and **** Kemp man, most expensive unclutch player ever. Biggest game of the year and he has 3 strikeouts. All swinging.

Jason Lewis is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 12:48 AM
  #590
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Jason Lewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,948
vCash: 500
I'm still trying to figure out which was the worst.

Kemp going 0-3 on 3 strikeouts, all with men on base. Mattingly calling for the intentional walk of Angel Pagan with one on and no outs in the 5th (eventually the winning runs scored on the next batter), or the attempted stretch triple by Ellis who was completely TOOTBLAN on the play.

Jason Lewis is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 12:50 AM
  #591
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!
 
Vamos Rafa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Clay Court
Country: Spain
Posts: 10,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildturkey12 View Post
I agree that it is not an easy transition but he is a young athlete, I could see him being able to pull it off. I dont think he will qualify for the AFL, so he would have to be off to the Caribbean.
What are the qualifications to play in the AFL?

Season over. Forget 3 straight years of missing the playoffs. 3 straight years the Midgets finish above us. I can't tolerate that.

Vamos Rafa is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 01:09 AM
  #592
Chazz Reinhold
Registered User
 
Chazz Reinhold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Stanley Cup
Country: United States
Posts: 6,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
I'm still trying to figure out which was the worst.

Kemp going 0-3 on 3 strikeouts, all with men on base. Mattingly calling for the intentional walk of Angel Pagan with one on and no outs in the 5th (eventually the winning runs scored on the next batter), or the attempted stretch triple by Ellis who was completely TOOTBLAN on the play.
The worst, by far and away, was bunting A.J. That was just un****ingbelievable. I knew it was over as soon as I saw A.J. step up and show bunt.

Mattingly should be fired on the spot for that, but he'll probably get a nice 3 or 4 year extension.

Chazz Reinhold is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 11:12 AM
  #593
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Jason Lewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,948
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
The worst, by far and away, was bunting A.J. That was just un****ingbelievable. I knew it was over as soon as I saw A.J. step up and show bunt.

Mattingly should be fired on the spot for that, but he'll probably get a nice 3 or 4 year extension.
Yea that one was awful also.

Jason Lewis is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 01:59 PM
  #594
Chazz Reinhold
Registered User
 
Chazz Reinhold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Stanley Cup
Country: United States
Posts: 6,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
Yea that one was awful also.
Don't get me wrong, each one you listed was pretty bad. However, when it came down to it, you can't bunt A.J. Ellis with a chance to win the game. He's one of the toughest outs in the NL based on the fact he sees the most pitches per at bat (just look at his at bat two innings prior). You can't take the at bat out of his hand.

Then there's the fact that bunting is statistically proven to decrease your odds of winning. According to the SABR junkies, that call alone last night dropped the Dodgers odds of winning by 5.3%. When your season is riding on those 3 valuable outs you have there, that's enormous.

Chazz Reinhold is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 02:04 PM
  #595
DocWest
Knee Specialist
 
DocWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 7,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
The worst, by far and away, was bunting A.J. That was just un****ingbelievable. I knew it was over as soon as I saw A.J. step up and show bunt.

Mattingly should be fired on the spot for that, but he'll probably get a nice 3 or 4 year extension.
That was painful to watch.

DocWest is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 05:39 PM
  #596
Julius Caesar Milan
Lord of the Shih Tzu
 
Julius Caesar Milan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Behind you
Posts: 17,235
vCash: 863
In hindsight, I wasn't expecting **** from the Dodgers this year. So this was fun to watch, and hopefully they can fill some holes this offseason and kick some ass next year.


The Angels' situation is one to keep an eye on. Someone needs to get fired or at least caned for that

Julius Caesar Milan is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 07:00 PM
  #597
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,829
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
How about those Texas Rangers?

Sydor25 is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 07:48 PM
  #598
Wildturkey12
Do It!
 
Wildturkey12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: L.A.
Country: United States
Posts: 1,335
vCash: 648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
In hindsight, I wasn't expecting **** from the Dodgers this year. So this was fun to watch, and hopefully they can fill some holes this offseason and kick some ass next year.
This is the way I feel too. I didnt expect much from this team at the beginning of the season and they kept it interesting until the final week. The sad thing is that the end of baseball always meant the start of hockey to me.

Wildturkey12 is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 08:18 PM
  #599
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!
 
Vamos Rafa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Clay Court
Country: Spain
Posts: 10,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
How about those Texas Rangers?
Even then, Angel fans would love to be in the Rangers' shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildturkey12 View Post
This is the way I feel too. I didnt expect much from this team at the beginning of the season and they kept it interesting until the final week. The sad thing is that the end of baseball always meant the start of hockey to me.

And last spring, the end of hockey (usually April for us Kings fans) meant the start of baseball. The Dodgers came damn close to emulating the Kings - barely squeaking into the playoffs after blockbuster midseason trades and kicking everyone's ass in the playoffs. Oh well, I'll take 1 out of 2.


Last edited by Vamos Rafa: 10-03-2012 at 08:32 PM.
Vamos Rafa is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 10:33 PM
  #600
jml87
Registered User
 
jml87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,913
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
Even then, Angel fans would love to be in the Rangers' shoes.
I don't know. I don't think I could stand being a Rangers fan. Three straight seasons and they choked away every one. I can think of nothing more painful than being one strike away from winning the world series TWICE in the same game, and ending up losing. Especially since the Rangers do not have WS championship. The gut wrenching pain of going through the playoffs and it ending like that, at least if they lose in the Wild Card game this year the pain won't be as intense.

I will be rooting for Orioles/A's to win. Would be nice for Thome to finally get a ring.

jml87 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:28 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.