HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

***NHL 13 Thread*** (Part 7)

View Poll Results: What do you think of NHL 13
Best Game I ever bought 20 7.33%
It is pretty good I like it 147 53.85%
It is okay 60 21.98%
I rather play NHL 12 46 16.85%
Voters: 273. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
10-03-2012, 12:42 AM
InUtero
Oilers!

vCash: 50
I adjusted sliders and scored 11 goals in a game. Still got sent down to the CHL.

Old
10-03-2012, 02:03 AM
SittingDuck

vCash: 500
mike richards on waivers yesterday!!! Got stephen Weiss aswell

Old
10-03-2012, 03:24 AM
Aussie King

Quote:
Originally Posted by SittingDuck View Post
mike richards on waivers yesterday!!! Got stephen Weiss aswell
Got David Krejci on waivers then traded him back to Boston for the first overall pick

Washington traded for Dougie Hamilton then he was put on waivers so I obviously picked him up.

Old
10-03-2012, 07:56 AM
plaaplaa72

Send a message via MSN to plaaplaa72
I got to say, the goalies in this game sucks against the CPU, i don't have a problem in scoring since i can score a lot of goals in a game but it's freaking annoying when every other wrister/slap shot goes in even though theres nobody screening the goalie, and no i'm not letting them to get in front of the net, and also this:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/137634616

Old
10-03-2012, 09:32 AM
sully61
Unregistered User

Scored a full length goal last night in be a gm mode. I've scored half ice in practice mode too. It's like you'll score 50% of the time if it's ibn net for full length shots

Old
10-03-2012, 12:13 PM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

Quick question. In GM connected, if I send a player with a 1 way contract down to the minors, he has to go through waivers. When I send him to the AHL if another team claims him do I get a salary cap penalty at all? Or do I just lose him for nothing?

Old
10-03-2012, 12:17 PM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Quick question. In GM connected, if I send a player with a 1 way contract down to the minors, he has to go through waivers. When I send him to the AHL if another team claims him do I get a salary cap penalty at all? Or do I just lose him for nothing?
Why would you get a salary cap penalty?

Old
10-03-2012, 12:18 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
not sure if they did it correctly, but if it's regular waivers, no

reentry waivers would have you pay 50%

10-03-2012, 01:11 PM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

So you're only penalized (cap wise) when i call them back up to the NHL?

Old
10-03-2012, 01:17 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

I believe so

Old
10-03-2012, 01:33 PM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

Ok thanks guys

Old
10-03-2012, 01:42 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

Guy*

Old
10-03-2012, 02:08 PM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Guy*
I inspired you. Don't lie.

Old
10-03-2012, 04:00 PM
JacobimMugatu
HF Strength Thread

Just played 2 games of drop in.
9 goals, 1 assist over the 2 games.
It's incredible how bad the average player is in drop in games :/
My mind was kinda blown

Old
10-03-2012, 07:21 PM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

For the love of god, can EA please lower the wait time in OTP lobbies?

3 freaking minutes of watching people switch teams, not ready up, then back out. Over and over and OVER again.

This has been requested since NHL 10

Old
10-03-2012, 07:45 PM
rypper

I picked up Chara off waviers and won the stanley cup. He was a guaranteed goal from the point. Then he promptly retired that off season. Looking to replace him with a great dman with a booming point shot.

Old
10-03-2012, 09:47 PM
Deku Scrub
Stay Strong Murray

vCash: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobimMugatu View Post
Just played 2 games of drop in.
9 goals, 1 assist over the 2 games.
It's incredible how bad the average player is in drop in games :/
My mind was kinda blown
Drop in games are usually just puck hogs and people who choose D but don't bother to actually play it and then scream at the human goalie when they get scored on.

I'm actually afraid to even try drop in games now because it seems to almost always be a bad experience for me. (I play LW and goalie, no one passes or plays D)

Old
10-03-2012, 10:26 PM
Oilers4life1987

Hey guys,

I personally love the new game. I know there are a few bugs but with a patch I believe can be easily fixed. True performance skating is AWESOME and shooting is way better than previous years. Hitting and stick lift need to be nerfed.

However, I'm a bit disappointed with Offline GM Mode as it hasn't changed that much. I like the new potential system but with the poor ratings it doesn't make any of the draft realistic. I'd love for EA to change the draft system and the following things would be a great boost for the mode I love to play:
- Able to see draft eligible/ineligible players stats
- Able to move up in the draft like in NFL13
- Make rating and potential of players drafted between 1st-3/4th rounds of Entry draft more accurate.
- For the love of god, I've been asking for contract extensions for the past few years. Is it so hard to add to the game.
- Actual scouting reports of draft eligible players. For example, I took this from NHL.com, it's about yakupov. NHL Central Scouting's Chris Edwards
"His first step and ability to control bouncing pucks, knock them down and make a play are the best of any of the guys in the draft, in my opinion. He really gets up to top speed very quickly and his hands are outstanding. Like Pavel Bure, Yakupov is dangerous every shift. He may not have been dominant on every shift like Bure was, but he created something every shift … you have to be aware where he is on the ice all the time."

Other things to improve in game
- More loose puck dekes would be a nice addition too.
- Custom goalie mask. Let us be able to move or modify the logo and colors of the goalie masks. Im sure you dont need a license to do that ?
-

Anyway, thats all I have to say about that. Please EA do not add anymore modes to the game. Just upgrade on the things people care most about.

Old
10-04-2012, 01:02 AM
JacobimMugatu
HF Strength Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deku Scrub View Post
Drop in games are usually just puck hogs and people who choose D but don't bother to actually play it and then scream at the human goalie when they get scored on.

I'm actually afraid to even try drop in games now because it seems to almost always be a bad experience for me. (I play LW and goalie, no one passes or plays D)
Yeah, drop in games are pretty terrible in general. As a goalie it's just the worst. Your only hope is if you have a stacked team in front of you or are playing against another human goalie.
Had another player from a top club on my team last drop in game, got myself a double hatty. God damn drop in is easy as a forward.
15 goals, 1 assist in 3 games

Old
10-04-2012, 01:11 AM
Tak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers4life1987 View Post

However, I'm a bit disappointed with Offline GM Mode as it hasn't changed that much. I like the new potential system but with the poor ratings it doesn't make any of the draft realistic. I'd love for EA to change the draft system and the following things would be a great boost for the mode I love to play:
- Able to see draft eligible/ineligible players stats
- Able to move up in the draft like in NFL13
- Make rating and potential of players drafted between 1st-3/4th rounds of Entry draft more accurate.
- For the love of god, I've been asking for contract extensions for the past few years. Is it so hard to add to the game.
- Actual scouting reports of draft eligible players. For example, I took this from NHL.com, it's about yakupov. NHL Central Scouting's Chris Edwards
"His first step and ability to control bouncing pucks, knock them down and make a play are the best of any of the guys in the draft, in my opinion. He really gets up to top speed very quickly and his hands are outstanding. Like Pavel Bure, Yakupov is dangerous every shift. He may not have been dominant on every shift like Bure was, but he created something every shift … you have to be aware where he is on the ice all the time."

Other things to improve in game
- More loose puck dekes would be a nice addition too.
- Custom goalie mask. Let us be able to move or modify the logo and colors of the goalie masks. Im sure you dont need a license to do that ?
-

Anyway, thats all I have to say about that. Please EA do not add anymore modes to the game. Just upgrade on the things people care most about.
1st - "Able to see draft eligible player stats"; you can see them. They just serve more as "projections" rather than concrete and guaranteed stats. Also, the better you upgrade your scouting + better scouting you do, the more accurate those stats should be. I'd say that's pretty realistic. Does everyone know how good a passer of the puck Nail Yakupov is? I'd say no.

2nd - "Move up in the draft?"; moving up in the draft is a piece of cake. I normally draft 1st or 2nd overall every single year in my Be a GM, even in years when I don't have a lottery pick. Not sure why you find it so difficult to do so.

3rd - "Draft potential, etc"; I can agree with you somewhat here. The new potential system is great as far as developing players goes, but at the same time it makes it almost impossible to find late round gems in the draft anymore. In NHL 12, while it was completely random, there was often a chance for you to get a solid player late in the draft (especially if you took advantage of the 6th and 7th round pick glitch, it was a little too easy to land at least one player in the late rounds that would work out for your team). This time, not so much.

4th - "Draftee ratings"; I don't have a problem with this. If you play longer into the draft, you'll come across 1st round picks that have high 70/low 80 overall ratings. I don't think every single first round player, or indeed every single first overall player, needs to be a super high overall pick. I don't mind that some developmental curve is required, and I think they've done pretty much OK with the ratings.

4th - "Scouting reports"; I like this idea a lot. I think they went into a somewhat right direction by being able to label every single player in the game via a particular player role; it would also be great if there was some information on what a player's strengths were.

Last edited by Tak7: 10-04-2012 at 01:19 AM.
Old
10-04-2012, 01:59 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Anyone got a list of the dekes lin the game?

I remember there was one for nhl 12 last year..

Old
10-04-2012, 07:34 AM
RussianRocket10

Still no lag fix for EASHL? It's been almost 4 weeks.

Old
10-04-2012, 10:51 AM
Deku Scrub
Stay Strong Murray

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
Still no lag fix for EASHL? It's been almost 4 weeks.
Okay, I've been hearing people complaining about this but I haven't experienced it myself. Which console are you on, and are you talking about drop in games or club games?

Old
10-04-2012, 11:02 AM
RussianRocket10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deku Scrub View Post
Okay, I've been hearing people complaining about this but I haven't experienced it myself. Which console are you on, and are you talking about drop in games or club games?
On 360. Apparently it was fixed a few weeks ago on PS3 but not on Xbox. I believe it's in both but I've only tried drop in games.

Old
10-04-2012, 11:03 AM
Deku Scrub
Stay Strong Murray

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
On 360. Apparently it was fixed a few weeks ago on PS3 but not on Xbox. I believe it's in both but I've only tried drop in games.
That's strange, I'm on the 360 as well and I haven't had very much trouble with lag in EASHL - club and drop-in.

Closed Thread