HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

***NHL 13 Thread*** (Part 7)

View Poll Results: What do you think of NHL 13
Best Game I ever bought 20 7.33%
It is pretty good I like it 147 53.85%
It is okay 60 21.98%
I rather play NHL 12 46 16.85%
Voters: 273. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-03-2012, 12:42 AM
  #326
InUtero
Oilers!
 
InUtero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Edmonton AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,838
vCash: 50
I adjusted sliders and scored 11 goals in a game. Still got sent down to the CHL.

InUtero is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 02:03 AM
  #327
SittingDuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Hyvinkää
Country: Finland
Posts: 98
vCash: 500
mike richards on waivers yesterday!!! Got stephen Weiss aswell

SittingDuck is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 03:24 AM
  #328
Aussie King
Registered User
 
Aussie King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Melbourne
Country: Australia
Posts: 996
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SittingDuck View Post
mike richards on waivers yesterday!!! Got stephen Weiss aswell
Got David Krejci on waivers then traded him back to Boston for the first overall pick

Washington traded for Dougie Hamilton then he was put on waivers so I obviously picked him up.

Aussie King is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 07:56 AM
  #329
plaaplaa72
Registered User
 
plaaplaa72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Helsinki
Country: Finland
Posts: 585
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to plaaplaa72
I got to say, the goalies in this game sucks against the CPU, i don't have a problem in scoring since i can score a lot of goals in a game but it's freaking annoying when every other wrister/slap shot goes in even though theres nobody screening the goalie, and no i'm not letting them to get in front of the net, and also this:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/137634616

plaaplaa72 is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 09:32 AM
  #330
sully61
Unregistered User
 
sully61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,389
vCash: 500
Scored a full length goal last night in be a gm mode. I've scored half ice in practice mode too. It's like you'll score 50% of the time if it's ibn net for full length shots

sully61 is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 12:13 PM
  #331
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor
 
xX Hot Fuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,342
vCash: 500
Quick question. In GM connected, if I send a player with a 1 way contract down to the minors, he has to go through waivers. When I send him to the AHL if another team claims him do I get a salary cap penalty at all? Or do I just lose him for nothing?

xX Hot Fuss is online now  
Old
10-03-2012, 12:17 PM
  #332
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please
 
ArGarBarGar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 24,276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Quick question. In GM connected, if I send a player with a 1 way contract down to the minors, he has to go through waivers. When I send him to the AHL if another team claims him do I get a salary cap penalty at all? Or do I just lose him for nothing?
Why would you get a salary cap penalty?

ArGarBarGar is online now  
Old
10-03-2012, 12:18 PM
  #333
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,011
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Quick question. In GM connected, if I send a player with a 1 way contract down to the minors, he has to go through waivers. When I send him to the AHL if another team claims him do I get a salary cap penalty at all? Or do I just lose him for nothing?
not sure if they did it correctly, but if it's regular waivers, no

reentry waivers would have you pay 50%

__________________
Krishna is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 01:11 PM
  #334
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor
 
xX Hot Fuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,342
vCash: 500
So you're only penalized (cap wise) when i call them back up to the NHL?

xX Hot Fuss is online now  
Old
10-03-2012, 01:17 PM
  #335
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,011
vCash: 50
I believe so

Krishna is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 01:33 PM
  #336
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor
 
xX Hot Fuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,342
vCash: 500
Ok thanks guys

xX Hot Fuss is online now  
Old
10-03-2012, 01:42 PM
  #337
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,011
vCash: 50
Guy*

Krishna is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 02:08 PM
  #338
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please
 
ArGarBarGar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 24,276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Guy*
I inspired you. Don't lie.

ArGarBarGar is online now  
Old
10-03-2012, 04:00 PM
  #339
JacobimMugatu
HF Strength Thread
 
JacobimMugatu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: f=253
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,162
vCash: 500
Just played 2 games of drop in.
9 goals, 1 assist over the 2 games.
It's incredible how bad the average player is in drop in games :/
My mind was kinda blown

JacobimMugatu is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 07:21 PM
  #340
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor
 
xX Hot Fuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,342
vCash: 500
For the love of god, can EA please lower the wait time in OTP lobbies?

3 freaking minutes of watching people switch teams, not ready up, then back out. Over and over and OVER again.

This has been requested since NHL 10

xX Hot Fuss is online now  
Old
10-03-2012, 07:45 PM
  #341
rypper
Registered User
 
rypper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,740
vCash: 500
I picked up Chara off waviers and won the stanley cup. He was a guaranteed goal from the point. Then he promptly retired that off season. Looking to replace him with a great dman with a booming point shot.

rypper is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 09:47 PM
  #342
Deku Scrub
Stay Strong Murray
 
Deku Scrub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,338
vCash: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobimMugatu View Post
Just played 2 games of drop in.
9 goals, 1 assist over the 2 games.
It's incredible how bad the average player is in drop in games :/
My mind was kinda blown
Drop in games are usually just puck hogs and people who choose D but don't bother to actually play it and then scream at the human goalie when they get scored on.

I'm actually afraid to even try drop in games now because it seems to almost always be a bad experience for me. (I play LW and goalie, no one passes or plays D)

Deku Scrub is online now  
Old
10-03-2012, 10:26 PM
  #343
Oilers4life1987
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 429
vCash: 500
Hey guys,

I personally love the new game. I know there are a few bugs but with a patch I believe can be easily fixed. True performance skating is AWESOME and shooting is way better than previous years. Hitting and stick lift need to be nerfed.

However, I'm a bit disappointed with Offline GM Mode as it hasn't changed that much. I like the new potential system but with the poor ratings it doesn't make any of the draft realistic. I'd love for EA to change the draft system and the following things would be a great boost for the mode I love to play:
- Able to see draft eligible/ineligible players stats
- Able to move up in the draft like in NFL13
- Make rating and potential of players drafted between 1st-3/4th rounds of Entry draft more accurate.
- For the love of god, I've been asking for contract extensions for the past few years. Is it so hard to add to the game.
- Actual scouting reports of draft eligible players. For example, I took this from NHL.com, it's about yakupov. NHL Central Scouting's Chris Edwards
"His first step and ability to control bouncing pucks, knock them down and make a play are the best of any of the guys in the draft, in my opinion. He really gets up to top speed very quickly and his hands are outstanding. Like Pavel Bure, Yakupov is dangerous every shift. He may not have been dominant on every shift like Bure was, but he created something every shift … you have to be aware where he is on the ice all the time."






Other things to improve in game
- More loose puck dekes would be a nice addition too.
- Custom goalie mask. Let us be able to move or modify the logo and colors of the goalie masks. Im sure you dont need a license to do that ?
-

Anyway, thats all I have to say about that. Please EA do not add anymore modes to the game. Just upgrade on the things people care most about.

Oilers4life1987 is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 01:02 AM
  #344
JacobimMugatu
HF Strength Thread
 
JacobimMugatu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: f=253
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deku Scrub View Post
Drop in games are usually just puck hogs and people who choose D but don't bother to actually play it and then scream at the human goalie when they get scored on.

I'm actually afraid to even try drop in games now because it seems to almost always be a bad experience for me. (I play LW and goalie, no one passes or plays D)
Yeah, drop in games are pretty terrible in general. As a goalie it's just the worst. Your only hope is if you have a stacked team in front of you or are playing against another human goalie.
Had another player from a top club on my team last drop in game, got myself a double hatty. God damn drop in is easy as a forward.
15 goals, 1 assist in 3 games

JacobimMugatu is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 01:11 AM
  #345
Tak7
Registered User
 
Tak7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: GTA or the UK
Posts: 6,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers4life1987 View Post

However, I'm a bit disappointed with Offline GM Mode as it hasn't changed that much. I like the new potential system but with the poor ratings it doesn't make any of the draft realistic. I'd love for EA to change the draft system and the following things would be a great boost for the mode I love to play:
- Able to see draft eligible/ineligible players stats
- Able to move up in the draft like in NFL13
- Make rating and potential of players drafted between 1st-3/4th rounds of Entry draft more accurate.
- For the love of god, I've been asking for contract extensions for the past few years. Is it so hard to add to the game.
- Actual scouting reports of draft eligible players. For example, I took this from NHL.com, it's about yakupov. NHL Central Scouting's Chris Edwards
"His first step and ability to control bouncing pucks, knock them down and make a play are the best of any of the guys in the draft, in my opinion. He really gets up to top speed very quickly and his hands are outstanding. Like Pavel Bure, Yakupov is dangerous every shift. He may not have been dominant on every shift like Bure was, but he created something every shift … you have to be aware where he is on the ice all the time."







Other things to improve in game
- More loose puck dekes would be a nice addition too.
- Custom goalie mask. Let us be able to move or modify the logo and colors of the goalie masks. Im sure you dont need a license to do that ?
-

Anyway, thats all I have to say about that. Please EA do not add anymore modes to the game. Just upgrade on the things people care most about.
1st - "Able to see draft eligible player stats"; you can see them. They just serve more as "projections" rather than concrete and guaranteed stats. Also, the better you upgrade your scouting + better scouting you do, the more accurate those stats should be. I'd say that's pretty realistic. Does everyone know how good a passer of the puck Nail Yakupov is? I'd say no.

2nd - "Move up in the draft?"; moving up in the draft is a piece of cake. I normally draft 1st or 2nd overall every single year in my Be a GM, even in years when I don't have a lottery pick. Not sure why you find it so difficult to do so.

3rd - "Draft potential, etc"; I can agree with you somewhat here. The new potential system is great as far as developing players goes, but at the same time it makes it almost impossible to find late round gems in the draft anymore. In NHL 12, while it was completely random, there was often a chance for you to get a solid player late in the draft (especially if you took advantage of the 6th and 7th round pick glitch, it was a little too easy to land at least one player in the late rounds that would work out for your team). This time, not so much.

4th - "Draftee ratings"; I don't have a problem with this. If you play longer into the draft, you'll come across 1st round picks that have high 70/low 80 overall ratings. I don't think every single first round player, or indeed every single first overall player, needs to be a super high overall pick. I don't mind that some developmental curve is required, and I think they've done pretty much OK with the ratings.

4th - "Scouting reports"; I like this idea a lot. I think they went into a somewhat right direction by being able to label every single player in the game via a particular player role; it would also be great if there was some information on what a player's strengths were.


Last edited by Tak7: 10-04-2012 at 01:19 AM.
Tak7 is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 01:59 AM
  #346
Glennsoe
Horndog
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Norway
Posts: 3,994
vCash: 500
Anyone got a list of the dekes lin the game?

I remember there was one for nhl 12 last year..

Glennsoe is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 07:34 AM
  #347
RussianRocket10
Registered User
 
RussianRocket10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: Brazil
Posts: 3,631
vCash: 500
Still no lag fix for EASHL? It's been almost 4 weeks.

RussianRocket10 is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 10:51 AM
  #348
Deku Scrub
Stay Strong Murray
 
Deku Scrub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,338
vCash: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
Still no lag fix for EASHL? It's been almost 4 weeks.
Okay, I've been hearing people complaining about this but I haven't experienced it myself. Which console are you on, and are you talking about drop in games or club games?

Deku Scrub is online now  
Old
10-04-2012, 11:02 AM
  #349
RussianRocket10
Registered User
 
RussianRocket10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: Brazil
Posts: 3,631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deku Scrub View Post
Okay, I've been hearing people complaining about this but I haven't experienced it myself. Which console are you on, and are you talking about drop in games or club games?
On 360. Apparently it was fixed a few weeks ago on PS3 but not on Xbox. I believe it's in both but I've only tried drop in games.

RussianRocket10 is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 11:03 AM
  #350
Deku Scrub
Stay Strong Murray
 
Deku Scrub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,338
vCash: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
On 360. Apparently it was fixed a few weeks ago on PS3 but not on Xbox. I believe it's in both but I've only tried drop in games.
That's strange, I'm on the 360 as well and I haven't had very much trouble with lag in EASHL - club and drop-in.

Deku Scrub is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:35 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.