HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

extra time off-- good or bad for Crosby?

Old
10-04-2012, 09:42 AM
Skk82

vCash: 500
I'm in the bad. Crosby needs to play. If he was healthy enough to return and play in the playoffs, any break longer than the already long summer isn't going to be as beneficial as in-game action. Given all the time he's missed in the past 2 calendar years, Crosby needs to play a lot more than he needs to rest or train.

Skk82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 11:30 AM
SidTheKid8787

The good news is 90%(guessing) of players other than Sid aren't playing either so those others have to worry about rust as well.

SidTheKid8787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 12:58 PM
Offtheboard412

Bad, we've missed out on potentially the 3 best years of his career.

Offtheboard412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 05:40 PM
sanitysrequiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slabber Chops View Post
Good thing. Re: The lack of game-time. Form is temporary, class is permanent. I'm unconcerned and I feel that if he was really concerned about it, he'd be in Russia by now.
When I read this, I was thinking how strange (yet awesome) it was to have cricket/soccer terminology (at least, thats where Ive heard the phrase most often) on a hockey board, and I wasn't sure if it was intentional. But then I saw you're from New Zealand and it all made sense. I agree with your point, well said.

sanitysrequiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 06:05 PM
Marns
@SH_Hockey

Assuming that he is 100% (which we can assume, given the fact that he came back to finish last season), it can only be a bad thing, because he's missing valuable playing time in his prime.

Marns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 09:16 PM
SidTheKid8787

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marns View Post
Assuming that he is 100% (which we can assume, given the fact that he came back to finish last season), it can only be a bad thing, because he's missing valuable playing time in his prime.
Oh it's definitely a bad thing:

Jesse Marshall ‏@jmarshhh
This morning on the FAN, @937Giannotti asked Cooke how good Crosby looked. Cooke replied, "never seen him look this good."

^^^that was when Sid was in Pitts and practicing with the rest of the group. He's out in Colorado again with Andy O'brien and another pro camp:

Team Blue: Crosby,Marleau,Gagner,Horcoff,Cogliano,Purcell,E.J ohnson,Malone,Pardy,Budaj
Team White: Kobasew,Clarkson,Duchene,Stamkos,Clowe,Cleary,Whit ney,Myers,Yandle,Dubnyk

Think he's coming back to Pitts next week.

Last edited by SidTheKid8787: 10-04-2012 at 09:29 PM.
SidTheKid8787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 10:36 AM
anguscertified
HFB Partner

Not sure where else to put this - interviewed Sid's trainer last week - he offered a lot of stuff on Crosby's recovery, etc.

Hopefully something different than you have read before.

http://www.anguscertified.com/an-int...u-andy-obrien/

On Sid:

Quote:
His vision is very special, specifically his ability to track moving objects, but I think the characteristic that stands out the most is his lack of complacency. In 12 year of working with him, hes never missed a workout, and hes never given anything less than his best effort. He has a remarkable way of bringing his A game on a daily basis, which requires tremendous focus, determination, and mental toughness. Hes extremely bright and very serious about his performance. Hes also a fierce competitor, and takes advantage of his ability to intimidate his competition.

anguscertified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 12:50 PM
BlindWillyMcHurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skk82 View Post
I'm in the bad. Crosby needs to play. If he was healthy enough to return and play in the playoffs, any break longer than the already long summer isn't going to be as beneficial as in-game action. Given all the time he's missed in the past 2 calendar years, Crosby needs to play a lot more than he needs to rest or train.
Yeah, I'm with this.

He needs to play. He might as well sign somewhere and stop waiting around for these dimwits to get something done... because they won't.

BlindWillyMcHurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 01:24 PM
Shady Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by anguscertified View Post
Not sure where else to put this - interviewed Sid's trainer last week - he offered a lot of stuff on Crosby's recovery, etc.

Hopefully something different than you have read before.

http://www.anguscertified.com/an-int...u-andy-obrien/

On Sid:
Good read. Thanks for sharing.

Shady Machine is offline   Reply With Quote