Closed Thread

Old
09-18-2012, 08:02 AM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Telegin and Burmi (and Machacek) would be a fun line to watch. The coaches down there won't put up with any guff - if Burmi goes down, I hope he uses this time wisely to figure out his game.

If the lock-out happens, I think I'll consider subscribing to the AHL network.
You better be sharing that stream!

Old
09-18-2012, 10:29 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
You better be sharing that stream!
Does the AHL detect how many people are logged in to the same account at once We could share a login

Or just look for streams online

Old
09-18-2012, 10:52 AM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Does the AHL detect how many people are logged in to the same account at once We could share a login

Or just look for streams online
Yah i mostly meant he should stream the stream....if you know what i mean...

Old
09-21-2012, 07:49 AM
Canadienjet

Brian Sutherby is invited to camp.

Old
09-21-2012, 12:31 PM
Canadienjet

http://stjohnsicecaps.com/article/ic...ahl-contracts/

All the guys are back.

Old
09-21-2012, 12:40 PM
Canadienjet

GOALTENDERS

Eddie Pasquale, Mark Dekanich , Chris Carrozzi. Tyler Plante

DEFENCE

Paul Postma , Derek Meech , Zach Redmond, Travis Ramsey, Dean Arsene, Will O'Neill, Jake Marto, Julian Melchiori, Ben Chiarot, Cody Sol

FORWARDS

Brian Sutherby, Alexander Burmistrov, Spencer Machacek , Jason Jaffray, Jason King, Ray Sawada, John Albert, Ben Maxwell , Maxime Macenauer , Aaron Gagnon , Patrice Cormier, Jason Gregoire, Carl Klingberg, Eric O’Dell, Ivan Telegin, Kevin Clark, Ray Kaunisto, Derek Whitmore, Norm Ezekiel, Ryan Schnell, Joey Sides, Hunter Tremblay

Camp Roster.

Old
09-21-2012, 03:58 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Makes for a pretty deep team...

Be interesting to see how the lineup develops.
I expect a bigger year from Klingberg (45-50 pts) as he is more accustomed to the NA style game
I expect a BIG game from Burmistrov (55-65 pts)
I don't think that Telegin will get much opportunity as Maxwell, King, Jaffray, Machacek, Burmistrov, Klingberg, Gagnon and Cormier will probably get more top6 minutes... He'll have to earn it for sure

Old
09-21-2012, 11:34 PM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 234
They've released the roster schedule already, haven't they? Some of you giys should get your GDT practise in on those games.

Old
09-22-2012, 10:32 AM
JustBeCool
boom shakalaka

I still can't believe Burmistrov is willing to play in the minors. You can tell this kid is all about the game and just loves playing. Just shows great character. If only more players were like him and maybe we wouldn't be in a lockout .

Anyways, pretty stoked to see how he does down in the AHL. Maybe he can gain some confidence and play more like he did in the beginning of last season.

Old
09-22-2012, 10:57 AM
scelaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsBeCool View Post
I still can't believe Burmistrov is willing to play in the minors. You can tell this kid is all about the game and just loves playing. Just shows great character. If only more players were like him and maybe we wouldn't be in a lockout .

Anyways, pretty stoked to see how he does down in the AHL. Maybe he can gain some confidence and play more like he did in the beginning of last season.
It's a smart move all around because, aside from the obvious developmental benefits, it demonstrates loyalty to the organization.
When is his contract up? TNSE has a long memory and puts a high premium on loyalty/character. So, whatever $ he may be giving up short term, he'll gain back long term.

Old
09-22-2012, 11:05 AM
JustBeCool
boom shakalaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by scelaton View Post
It's a smart move all around because, aside from the obvious developmental benefits, it demonstrates loyalty to the organization.
When is his contract up? TNSE has a long memory and puts a high premium on loyalty/character. So, whatever $ he may be giving up short term, he'll gain back long term.
That's exactly what I was thinking too. TNSE is all about character guys. I have a hunch that Burmi will be staying with the jets for awhile which I would love to see! He has crazy potential.

Old
09-22-2012, 11:14 AM
Romang67
BitterSwede

vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Makes for a pretty deep team...

Be interesting to see how the lineup develops.
I expect a bigger year from Klingberg (45-50 pts) as he is more accustomed to the NA style game
I expect a BIG game from Burmistrov (55-65 pts)
I don't think that Telegin will get much opportunity as Maxwell, King, Jaffray, Machacek, Burmistrov, Klingberg, Gagnon and Cormier will probably get more top6 minutes... He'll have to earn it for sure
Which game?

Old
09-22-2012, 11:31 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romang67 View Post
Which game?
Bahaha good catch

Old
09-25-2012, 10:22 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

IceCaps sign Brian Sutherby to a PTO

http://www.thetelegram.com/Sports/20...92/Births-1847

Old
09-25-2012, 01:26 PM
Zhamnov10

I was out at ice plex the other day and I noticed telegin and burmistrov seemed really chummy I think it would be great if they could create some chemistry down on the farm.both being young Russians probably helps a lot,I think it will help there development and making adjusting a little easier.a line of telegin,burmistrov and klingberg would be interesting to watch.burmi will probably playing with some vets in st.johns though.Any predictions on who burmi will line up with.

Old
09-25-2012, 01:34 PM
DespoticNewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhamnov10 View Post
I was out at ice plex the other day and I noticed telegin and burmistrov seemed really chummy I think it would be great if they could create some chemistry down on the farm.both being young Russians probably helps a lot,I think it will help there development and making adjusting a little easier.a line of telegin,burmistrov and klingberg would be interesting to watch.burmi will probably playing with some vets in st.johns though.Any predictions on who burmi will line up with.
Burmi's going to gravitate towards Telegin, for sure. I'd really love to see the two of them in action and develop some chemistry.

Old
09-26-2012, 01:16 PM
IceCapsNation

IceCaps are much deeper this year then they were last year, but in saying that so are other teams. However I firmly believe we have a fantastic opportunity at the Calder cup again.

There's potential to have guys who are 20 goal scorers on the 3rd and 4th line.

2 great goaltenders, and an above average D core of Meech, Postma, Redmond, Ramsey and Arsene, Oneil. Ramsey may not get as many games this year in order to get some young guys in the lineup.

Scoring goals won't be a problem this year. D would be their weakest link, however it is still high above average.

Old
09-26-2012, 01:19 PM
DespoticNewt

Huh. The IceCaps website looks more grown up than it did during the Calder Cup run. I like it.

Old
09-26-2012, 01:40 PM
truck
HFB Partner

vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCapsNation View Post
IceCaps are much deeper this year then they were last year, but in saying that so are other teams. However I firmly believe we have a fantastic opportunity at the Calder cup again.

There's potential to have guys who are 20 goal scorers on the 3rd and 4th line.

2 great goaltenders, and an above average D core of Meech, Postma, Redmond, Ramsey and Arsene, Oneil. Ramsey may not get as many games this year in order to get some young guys in the lineup.

Scoring goals won't be a problem this year. D would be their weakest link, however it is still high above average.
I really like the depth. It will be a major key for the team. The addition of game breakers like Burmi and Telegin should be nice too. Their speed can make a real difference. I just wrote a camp preview piece at Arctice Ice Hockey, stating what I am looking for from the young Jets prospects if anyone is interested in my long form thoughts.

I touched on it briefly there, but the most interesting prospect for me is definitely Ivan Telegin. He is close to NHL ready and he has flashed more offensive upside than anybody not named Scheifele. I really hope his offence translates to the AHL. He won't be gifted a top six role, but I hope he steals one and pushes for an NHL gig.

Who do you guys figure will lead the Caps in scoring this year? I attached a poll to the camp preview thing, give us your vote or let me know here. I am curious about what people think.

Old
09-26-2012, 04:57 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

For fun I did some stats work and guesstimated the point outcomes for some of our AHL players, given a full season...

So here’s Garret’s not-really-based-on-super-concrete-stuff projections on next season if everyone plays every game:
Burmi: 30G-33A-63PTS
Mach: 22G-40A-62TS
Jaffray: 28G-34A-62PTS
Telegin: 26G-22A-48PTS
Cormier: 25G-20A-45PTS
King: 24G-21A-45PTS
Maxwell: 14G-30A-44PTS
O’Dell: 23G-20A-43PTS
Klingberg: 17G-25A-42PTS
Gagnon: 17G-24A-41PTS

For the returning players I just used their pts/gp and just extrapolated to a full season. For Burmi and Telegin I used Gabe’s equivalencies and extrapolated to full season. Which is why these stats will be super inaccurate haha but fun to look at none the less!

Old
09-26-2012, 10:38 PM
ps241
Drunken rant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
I really like the depth. It will be a major key for the team. The addition of game breakers like Burmi and Telegin should be nice too. Their speed can make a real difference. I just wrote a camp preview piece at Arctice Ice Hockey, stating what I am looking for from the young Jets prospects if anyone is interested in my long form thoughts.

I touched on it briefly there, but the most interesting prospect for me is definitely Ivan Telegin. He is close to NHL ready and he has flashed more offensive upside than anybody not named Scheifele. I really hope his offence translates to the AHL. He won't be gifted a top six role, but I hope he steals one and pushes for an NHL gig.

Who do you guys figure will lead the Caps in scoring this year? I attached a poll to the camp preview thing, give us your vote or let me know here. I am curious about what people think.
I agree truck the guy I am most interested in seeing is Telegin. I can't tell you how disappointed I was when I drove out to the first Jets prospects practice at the Ice Plex and he was scratched due to injury. I am really interested to see if he can build on the consistently dominant performance he displyed last year in Barrie in the second half of the season. will he rise to the challenge?

Old
10-04-2012, 07:44 AM
DespoticNewt

After reading all the lockout and CBA news in the paper for the last few weeks, I can't ****ing tell you how good it felt to read news about, you know, PLAYING HOCKEY. There's a decent amount of IceCaps coverage in today's Winnipeg Sun. Burmistrov is attributing himself well, and he's apparently impressing McCambridge with his work ethic.

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2012/10/0...s-with-icecaps

Old
10-04-2012, 09:37 AM
ps241
Drunken rant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
After reading all the lockout and CBA news in the paper for the last few weeks, I can't ****ing tell you how good it felt to read news about, you know, PLAYING HOCKEY. There's a decent amount of IceCaps coverage in today's Winnipeg Sun. Burmistrov is attributing himself well, and he's apparently impressing McCambridge with his work ethic.

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2012/10/0...s-with-icecaps
attaboy Burmi!!!

Things kind of seemed to finish off a bit dicey last spring with the alleged issues that Alex was struggling a bit with taking direction from some of the coach's and older leaders on the team so to read something like this is really REALLY encouraging.

Also good to see Telegin getting a goal in regulation (blue vs white game) and being the only player on his team to score in the shoot out!!

Old
10-04-2012, 09:44 AM
Gm0ney

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
attaboy Burmi!!!

Things kind of seemed to finish off a bit dicey last spring with the alleged issues that Alex was struggling a bit with taking direction from some of the coach's and older leaders on the team so to read something like this is really REALLY encouraging.

Also good to see Telegin getting a goal in regulation (blue vs white game) and being the only player on his team to score in the shoot out!!
I found it very strange when the Jets planted that piece with Lawless about a stormy end-of-season meeting between Noel and Burmi - it was literally the first I'd heard of any attitude problem with him. Through the season he always seemed to skate back hard and play a solid defensive game and one of the last guys off the ice during warmups (the ones I saw, anyway). I heard he was on the ice at River Heights C.C. over the Christmas break - clearly a guy who loves to play the game.

Maybe they were trying to set things up for sending him down to St. John's to begin the season (if there wasn't a lockout) - cause I remember Lawless pushing that angle pretty hard, and again from out of the blue...

Anyway, I hope he thrives in St. John's and he can show Telegin and Klinger a few things.

Old
10-04-2012, 10:02 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

I'm excited to watch this team... Lineup looks like it could be pretty stacked
A lot of vet signings/pto's makes me nervous for playing time of Telegin and O'Dell but the team is deep enough to challenge anyone who isn't the farm team of a certain EO.

Closed Thread