HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs [2-1-0] & Wheeling Nailers 2012-2013

Closed Thread

Old
10-03-2012, 11:08 PM
Booba
Fier, ému and proud

vCash: 500
Predicted that Schultz, Fortier, Ouellet, Stejskal and Wild would make the team...
http://univershockey.ca/2012/10/01/s...llaume-legare/

It's good to see that Lefevbre doesn't care about the name on the jersey!

Old
10-03-2012, 11:16 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
MVP

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise from the Ashes View Post
If they have to get the number down to 21 then here are my guesses for cuts
I would be surprised if they stay at 21. I would imagine they keep at least 22, you need 1 spare at forward and 1 at defence with the crazy AHL road trips and all the small cities they play in (harder to call people up).

Old
10-03-2012, 11:18 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
This article on Corbin demonstrates how much he wants to make it pro. We all know how much Bergevin values character.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...901/story.html

Also, if it is 22 players, then Lefebvre will prob make the team based on defensive ability, experience and leadership.

Old
10-03-2012, 11:31 PM
Adam91

14 cut

http://www.hamiltonbulldogs.com/pres...?article_id=59

Old
10-03-2012, 11:39 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
So pissed that Schultz is cut!

Why keep ******* stortini or hagel, they have zero chance to make nhl. Schultz has the chance!! ****!!!
Outside of one fight Schultz did nothing all camp, I've only heard bad things about his play.

If anything the ECHL will allow him to actually play if he's going to learn what it takes to have any upside. If we are talking guys who won't play in the NHL, Sortini and Hagel also bring experience and competent defense.

Old
10-03-2012, 11:53 PM
DogsFan*
GHG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
So pissed that Schultz is cut!

Why keep ******* stortini or hagel, they have zero chance to make nhl. Schultz has the chance!! ****!!!
I really don't expect Schultz to pan out to much at all. He couldn't cut it at the AHL level last year. Hes a big body, but he doesn't come to camp in top shape. He could shed a few pounds and be a lot better. It's up to him.

Old
10-04-2012, 12:23 AM
Booba
Fier, ému and proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsFan View Post
I really don't expect Schultz to pan out to much at all. He couldn't cut it at the AHL level last year. Hes a big body, but he doesn't come to camp in top shape. He could shed a few pounds and be a lot better. It's up to him.
I know stats don't tell the whole story, but I thought 23 points in 60 games for Schultz was good, especially for a borderline goon.

I don't think Hagel is a better fighter, plus he'll bring zero offensive production.

Anyway, with the depth we have, it might be better for Schultz to play top minutes in Wheeling rather than stay on the bench/or in the stands with Hamilton.

Old
10-04-2012, 01:38 AM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

So Daultan Leveille is sent to the San Francisco Bulls ?

what ?

Old
10-04-2012, 06:22 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

I mean, in the end, when you'll put all the cuts together, nothing should surprise people. But we haven't heard a single thing about McAulay while we heard quite a lot from Chaput.As far as some of the players that were released, well clearly Bennett and Ranford and Torquato weren't mentioned whatsoever. So no surprises there....but wouldn't be surprised to see some in the ECHL as well. I know that Rank is actually a Wheeling player so he's probably going there anyway.

As far as Stejskal and Schultz are concerned....well that was my predicition. And my hope since most likely they will be playing a much bigger role in the ECHL and it's the only way they'll improve....With no NHL, it will be fun to follow another team's progression as far as Wheeling is concerned. Can't wait to see Chaput's impact and both Schultz and Stejskal's progression.

Strange for Leveille but I guess there was some kind of arrangements done before. Not sure if it's worth it for Wheeling to try and make a trade to get him. I doubt it's because Wheeling has already too many players. Wheeling opened their camp with 22 players, including a few invitations...somehow that's not a lot if you want the luxury to choose and make some cuts.

Old
10-04-2012, 06:36 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

2 other guys that would benefit from a ECHL trip is Lefebvre and Berger. Again, 2 guys that would be in that team's top lines and play real often. Somehow, you think that Farnham should get a AHL-ECHL contract and play there as well if he did well in the last 2 games but somehow, I don't think we heard that much out of him. I expect 1 of the 3 between Corbin, Boutet and Gagné to be signed 2-way, while the other 2 should be released.

The only special case here is Avtsin. He clearly doesn't do enough to get a spot. But will he go in the ECHL? We know the answer to that....do we want to lose him to Russia and do we accept that he might/will never be back?

Old
10-04-2012, 08:37 AM
Bjindaho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I mean, in the end, when you'll put all the cuts together, nothing should surprise people. But we haven't heard a single thing about McAulay while we heard quite a lot from Chaput.As far as some of the players that were released, well clearly Bennett and Ranford and Torquato weren't mentioned whatsoever. So no surprises there....but wouldn't be surprised to see some in the ECHL as well. I know that Rank is actually a Wheeling player so he's probably going there anyway.

As far as Stejskal and Schultz are concerned....well that was my predicition. And my hope since most likely they will be playing a much bigger role in the ECHL and it's the only way they'll improve....With no NHL, it will be fun to follow another team's progression as far as Wheeling is concerned. Can't wait to see Chaput's impact and both Schultz and Stejskal's progression.

Strange for Leveille but I guess there was some kind of arrangements done before. Not sure if it's worth it for Wheeling to try and make a trade to get him. I doubt it's because Wheeling has already too many players. Wheeling opened their camp with 22 players, including a few invitations...somehow that's not a lot if you want the luxury to choose and make some cuts.
MacAulay is a meat and potatoes forward. He isn't going to be flashy and won't provide a lot of offense, but he'll work hard all the time, he'll hit people, and he'll play solid defensive hockey. That's the role he's played in junior the last 3 years.

Old
10-04-2012, 09:32 AM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
As far as Stejskal and Schultz are concerned... And my hope since most likely they will be playing a much bigger role in the ECHL and it's the only way they'll improve....With no NHL, it will be fun to follow another team's progression as far as Wheeling is concerned. Can't wait to see Chaput's impact and both Schultz and Stejskal's progression.
I would hope that everyone reads this and understands that it's probably better for their development to play big minutes and be leaders in the ECHL, rather than be the 13th forward or 7th d-man in Hamilton.

Old
10-04-2012, 09:57 AM
EveryDay

Hoping next forward cut will be

Lefebvre
Berger
Avstin
Farnham/McCaulay

+ Mayer in G

Don't know enough on Gagné Boutet and Corbin....

Old
10-04-2012, 11:59 AM
habitue*

Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez
So that leaves

Geoffrion Leblanc Palushaj

Gallagher Bournival Holland

Quailer Nattinen Blunden

Hagel Farnham Dumont

Stortini Avstyn

Tinordi St Denis

Beaulieu Pateryn

Nash Ellis

Corbin

Desjardins

Delmas

With Berger, Macaulay, Lefebvre going down and Gagne/Boutet getting cut.

I copied this post from Dirty Danglez from another thread.

I think the Bulldogs gonna keep a maximum of players. In the AHL, they often play 3 games in 3 weekend nights. So I would not be surprised if they keep 25 players (5 lines + 8 d-men + 2 goalies). They might get an extra d-man from another organization before the season's start, or Hagel might be used there once in a while.

If Avstin can't play on a top three line, he should be sent down to ECHL or completely cut. He then should go back to Russia.

Old
10-04-2012, 12:26 PM
Aurel Joliat

I remember when some members put Avtsin on their 2nd line in the CANADIENS line-up

Old
10-04-2012, 12:37 PM
Owen Wilson

Send a message via AIM to Owen Wilson Send a message via MSN to Owen Wilson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurel Joliat View Post
I remember when some members put Avtsin on their 2nd line in the CANADIENS line-up
I was just gonna reply about seeing Avstin on everyone's 4th line or 13th forward

Has his stock fallen that much? Everyone was talking about him last year.

Old
10-04-2012, 12:38 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Small news......Torquato and Darling, who were just released by the Dogs, are reporting to Wheeling 'cause they had already signed a contract with them. So we never know....even if they were releaze, we might keep an eye on them to see how they progresses, especially Torquato.

Old
10-04-2012, 12:48 PM
Zeroknowledge*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Wilson View Post
I was just gonna reply about seeing Avstin on everyone's 4th line or 13th forward

Pretty sure most people around here had no expectations towards Avtsin, personally I had none at all.

Old
10-04-2012, 12:51 PM
DogsFan*
GHG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Wilson View Post

Most posters on here don't see the Bulldogs play much at all. It was pretty clear to me having watched a lot of Avtsin, that he is not going to be an NHLer any time soon. He needs to improve his play without the puck 100% before he even gets a sniff.

Old
10-04-2012, 12:55 PM
Paul Dipietro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurel Joliat View Post
Can't give up on the guy just yet. He's pretty much the only talented guy with size we have up front in the minors (at least right now)

If you want to cut somewhere, why not one of the hundreds of perennial 3rd liners we've stocked up on throughout the years?

Old
10-04-2012, 01:01 PM
SeriousHabs

Avstin is the best guy to have in a pick up friendly game. He reminds me of the And1 basketball players.

Old
10-04-2012, 01:32 PM
Madevilz

what the hell
Avtsin played at 19 in the AHL and did score 20 pts in 58 games.
He didnt show any improvement last season, but comon, the guy just turned 21, give him a bit more time before calling him a complete bust.

Old
10-04-2012, 01:33 PM
vokiel
Nothing blind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madevilz View Post
what the hell
Avtsin played at 19 in the AHL and did score 20 pts in 58 games.
He didnt show any improvement last season, but comon, the guy just turned 21, give him a bit more time before calling him a complete bust.
Agreed we'll call him half a bust

Old
10-04-2012, 01:37 PM
Madevilz

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Agreed we'll call him half a bust
i concur

Old
10-04-2012, 01:41 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

I'm disapointed in them signing Stortini and sending Schultz ECHL.

Wonder if that's just temporary until the lock out ends...or if they want him to get more ice time ECHL vs 4th line AHL...or he showed up in camp out of shape.

Closed Thread