HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Yannick Weber

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-03-2012, 08:54 AM
  #51
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,646
vCash: 500
Quote:
seeing how much praises 26 years old ALHer St-Denis gets, as well as our 26 years old 7th D Diaz... think we could wait another two or three years
The difference is these 3 players have not been given chance after chance after chance after chance in the nhl and failed every single time. They all had one shot and performed well, that is why they are playing.

Quote:
with JM playing him on the 4th line or have him a healthy scratch more often than not, it shouldnt be a surprise to anyone he hasnt progressed much... the opposite would have been a miracle. Besides, in those 3 years, I dont remember anyone from the coaching staff saying they're trying to work with him to better his defensive game or something... with the amount of ex-D hired by MB since last summer, he should get all the help he needs to round up his game.
Oh baloney. He didn't play on D because he wasn't good enough. He couldn't even keep his spot in the lineup last year when the habs had 3 regular D men out of the lineup. He was consistently the worst d-man on the ice, that is why he wasn't playing. The same ****ing reason O'byrne wasn't playing. He hasn't progressed much because he hasn't been good. He lacks the poise, decision making time and hockey sense at the nhl level. That is what has kept him out of the lineup and I'm not surprised. If Weber would have played well, he would have recieved the minutes just as rookies like Desharnais, Pacioretty, Eller, Subban, Diaz and Emelin all recieved their minutes and spots in the lineup despite being the "rookies JM hates". They maintained their spots because they played well. Had Weber done so, he would have been in the lineup.



Quote:
you're talking about guys who have yet to play a pro game in their life... they all have potential, but let's wait and see how they fare against men...
Yet you are defending Weber's potential right now considering he has yet to play anything close to consistently good hockey. You dismiss others potential yet the only argument you have in favor of Weber is his potential considering that they hasn't progressed at all in the last 3 years as a defensemen. The fact is there already is very little room in the lineup right now and there will be even less when Tinordi, Ellis and Beaulieu begin to develop. Regardless of whether or not they haven't played a pro-game, Weber needs to pick up his game because it won't be long before even these guys pass him.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 09:13 AM
  #52
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Why does Weber always perform great except when playing for the Habs?
Because when he's not playing for the habs he's playing leagues weaker than the nhl. Oh and Weber was pretty awful in the 09-10 olympics for the Swiss team.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 09:17 AM
  #53
swimmer77
What's an ROW?
 
swimmer77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: in water
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,372
vCash: 500
I'm not ready to say goodbye to Veber yet. The Habs D has been a mess for about four years now. With Markov constantly getting injured it threw guys into the fire without much help. Veber would have benefitted from Hamrlik had Markov been able to keep himself on the ice. Instead Hamrlik spent his last years playing against top lines while Veber tried to slot in somewhere in a mish mash of whatever was available.

I still like his slapshot - of course that is something the Habs seemingly like to discard even when it's there for the taking (MAB, Wiz, Souray, Streit). I mean it's not like the PP sucks without it or anything.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 09:45 AM
  #54
HankyZetts
Twi2ted
 
HankyZetts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,704
vCash: 500
Trade him! Will always respect him because he was a Hab and seems to be a great teammate, but we don't have room for him. I like St. Denis, Diaz, Emelin, Kabs, Bouillon much, much more. He seems to be a guy stuck in between. Like if he were bigger he'd be very useful because he'd be able to assert himself, and if he were quicker he'd be able to utilize his skills. Now he's just not able to gain separation to get his shots off or to have time to make a play, and he's not big enough to assert himself on defense. Diaz on the other hand, has the quickness to overcome his physical shortcomings and Bouillon has the strength to overcome his quickness issues. He's sort of a poor man's mix of those two... which means he sucks! lol Not really, but you know what I mean!

HankyZetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 10:00 AM
  #55
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 14,921
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
The difference is these 3 players have not been given chance after chance after chance after chance in the nhl and failed every single time. They all had one shot and performed well, that is why they are playing.



Oh baloney. He didn't play on D because he wasn't good enough. He couldn't even keep his spot in the lineup last year when the habs had 3 regular D men out of the lineup. He was consistently the worst d-man on the ice, that is why he wasn't playing. The same ****ing reason O'byrne wasn't playing. He hasn't progressed much because he hasn't been good. He lacks the poise, decision making time and hockey sense at the nhl level. That is what has kept him out of the lineup and I'm not surprised. If Weber would have played well, he would have recieved the minutes just as rookies like Desharnais, Pacioretty, Eller, Subban, Diaz and Emelin all recieved their minutes and spots in the lineup despite being the "rookies JM hates". They maintained their spots because they played well. Had Weber done so, he would have been in the lineup.





Yet you are defending Weber's potential right now considering he has yet to play anything close to consistently good hockey. You dismiss others potential yet the only argument you have in favor of Weber is his potential considering that they hasn't progressed at all in the last 3 years as a defensemen. The fact is there already is very little room in the lineup right now and there will be even less when Tinordi, Ellis and Beaulieu begin to develop. Regardless of whether or not they haven't played a pro-game, Weber needs to pick up his game because it won't be long before even these guys pass him.
actually, as you failed to remember, Diaz was **** when he started last season with us, and the guy's so good, he'll be fighting for the 7th D spot... and Emelin wasnt much better, selective memory I guess.



Shame on him for not being perfect at 23. shame on him...



was good (probably the only decent Habs) against the B the last time he faced them in the PO, he was also good for a stretch after Campoli injury last season, was good as well two seasons ago when we had lots of injuries on D... you chose to forget, that's ok.



what I'm defending ? I dont know, want the list of young players we gave away for nothing ?

like O'Byrne (not good enough for our great team last season, but good enough for ther Avs), McDonaugh, Latendresse (we had no one decent to play with Plekanec last season), Grabovski, Lapierre (reminder : our 4th line C next season will be Nokelainen), Streit - although older, Ribeiro (Niinimaa anyone ?), Beauchemin, Ryder we've let go (again, Plekanec had no decent wingers last season), Pyatt (need to remind you who'll be our 4th line C next season ?) and the list goes on and on and on...

but that's ok, lets trade a 23 years old D for a cond. 7th, maybe we'll be lucky enough to draft a guy who'll play at least one NHL game with that pick

Yup, lets trade young players so we can play the Bouillon, St Denis and Nokelainen more... recipe for success I tell ya



for him to pick up game, he needs to play... and not play 5 games on the 4th line, then scratched for 8 and then play D for 3...

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 10:02 AM
  #56
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 14,921
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi2teD View Post
Trade him! Will always respect him because he was a Hab and seems to be a great teammate, but we don't have room for him. I like St. Denis, Diaz, Emelin, Kabs, Bouillon much, much more. He seems to be a guy stuck in between. Like if he were bigger he'd be very useful because he'd be able to assert himself, and if he were quicker he'd be able to utilize his skills. Now he's just not able to gain separation to get his shots off or to have time to make a play, and he's not big enough to assert himself on defense. Diaz on the other hand, has the quickness to overcome his physical shortcomings and Bouillon has the strength to overcome his quickness issues. He's sort of a poor man's mix of those two... which means he sucks! lol Not really, but you know what I mean!
and it's probably Bouillon last season... you dont trade a kid cause you got a vet for ONE year (that he may not play : lock out)

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 10:08 AM
  #57
HankyZetts
Twi2ted
 
HankyZetts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,704
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
and it's probably Bouillon last season... you dont trade a kid cause you got a vet for ONE year (that he may not play : lock out)
I never said to trade him because of Bouillon. Just that a 7th dman off the FA heap is a better player than him. He's simply not good enough, and by next year he'll really be in tough with Beaulieu, Tinordi, Ellis, etc. JMO, I hope he kills it over there and it boosts his value so we can trade him for something of use.

HankyZetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 01:03 PM
  #58
idk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 348
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
and it's probably Bouillon last season... you dont trade a kid cause you got a vet for ONE year (that he may not play : lock out)
But here's the thing. Weber is not really competing with Bouillon for a roster spot. I mean sure, indirectly there is some competition. But you can really break down our NHL ready blueliners (your definition of ready may vary, but work with me here) into two distinct groups - guys who are primarily puck moving and possession style offensive defensemen (Markov, Subban, Kaberle, Diaz, Weber and St. Denis) and guys who are primarily two way, solid positioning and physical defensemen (Gorges, Bouillon and Emelin). At best we're going to see a four and two mix, although part of me thinks MT is going to lean on the physical guys a little more, given his habits and styles. That means Weber is competing for one of three or four spots. Markov and Subban are more or less locks, unless Subban doesn't sign or MT decides to commit professional suicide (and possibly personal suicide-by-angry-mob). Kaberle has got in the inside track on the third spot (he's no less defensively irresponsible than the other three nor any less physical and he can QB a PP unit effectively - something only Markov has proven he can do). The last half a spot? Let's set aside St. Denis for a little bit - given the paucity of games played he's a little harder to judge. Let's look at Diaz and Weber. Diaz is three years older, but is at this point a better hockey player. He's exceptionally competent in his own zone and while he does't have the same toolbox as Weber he is skilled enough to be a threat in his opponent's end. He's not physical, but he does little things to compensate for that in the dirty areas - like Markov (although he is not a quarter of the defensive player Markov is - I just wanted another example of the non-physical defensive style). Weber does not. Could Weber be better than Diaz? Yup - a lot of the skills Diaz displays are things that can be learned. Weber hasn't shown a real propensity for learning mind you, but he's young and development is not a simple straight line. However to do this he needs one thing.

Icetime.

That's the killer. Even if he was number 6/7 he's not going to get the kind of time he needs to develop at this point. Diaz is older. He's closer to their ceiling. He can do with less ice time because there's less development to be made. Weber, if he's going to get his career on track, is going to need ice time. And behind Kaberle, Subban and Markov he's not going to see a whole lot of it. If we could call one of those three a defensive guy maybe, but that doesn't seem likely to me.

It sucks, but it's best to get value for Weber now if we can find any. Go to a team that needs defensemen - Edmonton, for example - so he can get the ice time. If he stays here he either stagnates and we never get any value from him or we lose him to free agency/waivers.

idk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 04:31 PM
  #59
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 14,921
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi2teD View Post
I never said to trade him because of Bouillon. Just that a 7th dman off the FA heap is a better player than him. He's simply not good enough, and by next year he'll really be in tough with Beaulieu, Tinordi, Ellis, etc. JMO, I hope he kills it over there and it boosts his value so we can trade him for something of use.
I know it's hf, where prospects are gods but come on now...

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 05:28 PM
  #60
Ohashi_Jouzu
Registered User
 
Ohashi_Jouzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Japan
Posts: 21,481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
I know it's hf, where prospects are gods but come on now...
I don't know if you can say that there's a 0% chance of even just one of them proving ready by next season. At the very least, and more to the poster's point that you replied to, at least one of them could look good enough that the incumbent #6/7 defensemen better have a good camp if they don't want to lose their spot next year.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 09:33 PM
  #61
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 14,921
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
I don't know if you can say that there's a 0% chance of even just one of them proving ready by next season. At the very least, and more to the poster's point that you replied to, at least one of them could look good enough that the incumbent #6/7 defensemen better have a good camp if they don't want to lose their spot next year.
you really think the 7th spot (you know, the guy who play once in a while) will be given to a 20/21 years old ? really ?

come on now...

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 10:21 PM
  #62
Ohashi_Jouzu
Registered User
 
Ohashi_Jouzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Japan
Posts: 21,481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
you really think the 7th spot (you know, the guy who play once in a while) will be given to a 20/21 years old ? really ?

come on now...
One of those 3 guys, a year from now? Maybe. Perhaps not likely, but maybe.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 10:44 PM
  #63
HankyZetts
Twi2ted
 
HankyZetts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,704
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
I know it's hf, where prospects are gods but come on now...
You don't think one of those guys will make the jump by next year? It's not a sure thing, but I would bet on it. I'd rather play one of them on the bottom pairing with a vet and watch them develop than have Weber there, who I think has nowhere near the potential ceiling of those three.

HankyZetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 12:13 AM
  #64
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 14,921
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi2teD View Post
You don't think one of those guys will make the jump by next year? It's not a sure thing, but I would bet on it. I'd rather play one of them on the bottom pairing with a vet and watch them develop than have Weber there, who I think has nowhere near the potential ceiling of those three.
wich vet ? Gill, Hammer, Space are gone, Bouillon is probably here for a year no more... so, wich vets are you taking about ?

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 06:52 AM
  #65
swimmer77
What's an ROW?
 
swimmer77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: in water
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
wich vet ? Gill, Hammer, Space are gone, Bouillon is probably here for a year no more... so, wich vets are you taking about ?
Hmmmm......maybe the Habs sign Hamr to a one year contract next year. Then he'll get his wish to retire in Montreal. And he'd be a great guy back there to help a youngster. The guy just loves Montreal.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 06:54 AM
  #66
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 20,377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
wich vet ? Gill, Hammer, Space are gone, Bouillon is probably here for a year no more... so, wich vets are you taking about ?
The one who'll take Bouillon's spot.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 07:39 AM
  #67
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 14,921
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
The one who'll take Bouillon's spot.
ah ok cool, good to know we'll have one of our 20 years old to be our 7th D and play 25 games a year... should be great for his developement

(Gorges, Markov, Subban, Diaz, Emelin, the guy replacing Bouillon... that's 6 I think )

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 08:03 AM
  #68
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go
 
canadiensnation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: GTA
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,258
vCash: 500
We cant move Weber because he's a Boston Bruins killer.

canadiensnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 09:26 AM
  #69
Joe Cole
Registered User
 
Joe Cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
..... selective memory I guess.

like O'Byrne (not good enough for our great team last season, but good enough for ther Avs), McDonaugh, Latendresse (we had no one decent to play with Plekanec last season), Grabovski, Lapierre (reminder : our 4th line C next season will be Nokelainen), Streit - although older, Ribeiro (Niinimaa anyone ?), Beauchemin, Ryder we've let go (again, Plekanec had no decent wingers last season), Pyatt (need to remind you who'll be our 4th line C next season ?) and the list goes on and on and on...

but that's ok, lets trade a 23 years old D for a cond. 7th, maybe we'll be lucky enough to draft a guy who'll play at least one NHL game with that pick

Yup, lets trade young players so we can play the Bouillon, St Denis and Nokelainen more... recipe for success I tell ya



for him to pick up game, he needs to play... and not play 5 games on the 4th line, then scratched for 8 and then play D for 3...
You mentioned selective memory, I believe you suffer from that too in this case.

You make it seem as if it was the Habs plan from day one to trade Lapierre, Latendresse, Ribeiro etc.

Some of these guys asked to be traded, some needed new scenery to continue to develop.

The Habs are guilty of not consistently getting the most out of the player movements, this we agree.

Weber reminds me of Jan Bulis. He looks great in selected situations once in a while, but over an extended period of time, they just will not flourish in the role they should have in a team (top half of the roster), yet they lack the attributes to play a more supporting/bottom of the roster role.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 10:56 AM
  #70
HankyZetts
Twi2ted
 
HankyZetts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,704
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
ah ok cool, good to know we'll have one of our 20 years old to be our 7th D and play 25 games a year... should be great for his developement

(Gorges, Markov, Subban, Diaz, Emelin, the guy replacing Bouillon... that's 6 I think )
Maybe the vet is the #7? Maybe it's Diaz who's #7? Maybe there are these things called injuries? Maybe Markov is the vet? In other words, what are you even arguing about? Where did you get this trivial "25 games" from?

Stop straying from the point, Weber is victim to the numbers game. If the lockout lasts the whole year, he probably won't even make the Habs out of camp next year, and yes I'm saying that's in part due to those three very good prospects on D. St. Denis is a better #7 imo, but that says more of my opinion on Freddy than it does Weber. If only #68 was 6'2"!

HankyZetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 11:55 AM
  #71
BubbleGumPlant
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post

what I'm defending ? I dont know, want the list of young players we gave away for nothing ?

like O'Byrne (not good enough for our great team last season, but good enough for ther Avs), McDonaugh, Latendresse (we had no one decent to play with Plekanec last season), Grabovski, Lapierre (reminder : our 4th line C next season will be Nokelainen), Streit - although older, Ribeiro (Niinimaa anyone ?), Beauchemin, Ryder we've let go (again, Plekanec had no decent wingers last season), Pyatt (need to remind you who'll be our 4th line C next season ?) and the list goes on and on and on...

but that's ok, lets trade a 23 years old D for a cond. 7th, maybe we'll be lucky enough to draft a guy who'll play at least one NHL game with that pick
O'Byrne: I'm sorry, but this guy is still not good. He had 10-20 good games with the Avs but he's mediocre at best.
McDonaugh: #1 worst trade, can't defend that
Latendresse: Hasn't done much since he left the Habs. He scored some goals at first, but so did Pouliot. Slow, injury-proned.
Grabovski: he was a cancer, as was Ribeiro, and the Kostitsyns. Unfortunately, cancer has little value and we got a 2nd rounder (ended up being Robert Lang via another trade)
Lapierre: another cancer, are you really that sad losing a 4th liner?
Streit: Should have resigned but Gainey is an idiot.
Ribeiro: #2 worst trade, can't defend that albeit cancer. I would still choose cancer over Ninimaa and a 7th rounder
Beauchemin: c'mon, don't think I was even born.
Ryder: really? You would give this guy $4 M/year? People were angry that Cole is getting $4.5M. Maybe if Ryder spoke French...
Pyatt: another career 4th liner, scores as many goals as Gomez


Point is: You can only be mad at getting nothing in return for something good. Weber ain't good. You can argue that maybe he will be good, but chances are he won't; Other GM's know that and that's why Montreal will get very little in return. He doesn't have the potential to be top 4 D based on his defensive play. He's no McDonaugh or Streit, nor does he have the potential to be. What would you be willing to offer another team for their 8th defensemen with potential to become a 5th or 6th defensemen. Not very much. Why not just play the 8th defensemen then? Because he sucks and we lose games. Let's trade the bag of potatoes for a lottery ticket and move onto more important issues.

BubbleGumPlant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 11:58 AM
  #72
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,088
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiensnation View Post
We cant move Weber because he's a Boston Bruins killer.
Yeah, the bruins sure have fallen on tough times since Weber has come along.

__________________



"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 12:19 PM
  #73
swimmer77
What's an ROW?
 
swimmer77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: in water
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleGumPlant View Post
O'Byrne: I'm sorry, but this guy is still not good. He had 10-20 good games with the Avs but he's mediocre at best.
McDonaugh: #1 worst trade, can't defend that
Latendresse: Hasn't done much since he left the Habs. He scored some goals at first, but so did Pouliot. Slow, injury-proned.
Grabovski: he was a cancer, as was Ribeiro, and the Kostitsyns. Unfortunately, cancer has little value and we got a 2nd rounder (ended up being Robert Lang via another trade)
Lapierre: another cancer, are you really that sad losing a 4th liner?
Streit: Should have resigned but Gainey is an idiot.
Ribeiro: #2 worst trade, can't defend that albeit cancer. I would still choose cancer over Ninimaa and a 7th rounder
Beauchemin: c'mon, don't think I was even born.
Ryder: really? You would give this guy $4 M/year? People were angry that Cole is getting $4.5M. Maybe if Ryder spoke French...
Pyatt: another career 4th liner, scores as many goals as Gomez


Point is: You can only be mad at getting nothing in return for something good. Weber ain't good. You can argue that maybe he will be good, but chances are he won't; Other GM's know that and that's why Montreal will get very little in return. He doesn't have the potential to be top 4 D based on his defensive play. He's no McDonaugh or Streit, nor does he have the potential to be. What would you be willing to offer another team for their 8th defensemen with potential to become a 5th or 6th defensemen. Not very much. Why not just play the 8th defensemen then? Because he sucks and we lose games. Let's trade the bag of potatoes for a lottery ticket and move onto more important issues.
A piece of bubble gum but not the whole plant.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 01:23 PM
  #74
windycity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Well duh
Posts: 3,118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
A piece of bubble gum but not the whole plant.
new or used?

windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 01:55 PM
  #75
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,789
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleGumPlant View Post
O'Byrne: I'm sorry, but this guy is still not good. He had 10-20 good games with the Avs but he's mediocre at best.
McDonaugh: #1 worst trade, can't defend that
Latendresse: Hasn't done much since he left the Habs. He scored some goals at first, but so did Pouliot. Slow, injury-proned.
Grabovski: he was a cancer, as was Ribeiro, and the Kostitsyns. Unfortunately, cancer has little value and we got a 2nd rounder (ended up being Robert Lang via another trade)
Lapierre: another cancer, are you really that sad losing a 4th liner?
Streit: Should have resigned but Gainey is an idiot.
Ribeiro: #2 worst trade, can't defend that albeit cancer. I would still choose cancer over Ninimaa and a 7th rounder
Beauchemin: c'mon, don't think I was even born.
Ryder: really? You would give this guy $4 M/year? People were angry that Cole is getting $4.5M. Maybe if Ryder spoke French...
Pyatt: another career 4th liner, scores as many goals as Gomez


Point is: You can only be mad at getting nothing in return for something good. Weber ain't good. You can argue that maybe he will be good, but chances are he won't; Other GM's know that and that's why Montreal will get very little in return. He doesn't have the potential to be top 4 D based on his defensive play. He's no McDonaugh or Streit, nor does he have the potential to be. What would you be willing to offer another team for their 8th defensemen with potential to become a 5th or 6th defensemen. Not very much. Why not just play the 8th defensemen then? Because he sucks and we lose games. Let's trade the bag of potatoes for a lottery ticket and move onto more important issues.
O'byrne is a top 4 dman in Colorado.
How can you blame Latendresse ?? He played REALLY good.
And now Grabs is a 60 points center ..
Lapierre was loved by everybody but Cammy.
Pyatt is now their first C on the P.K. and his doing really good. Had 12 goals last year. Not a quality top 6er bot a quality bottom C.(Who's our 4th line C now ?? Oh yeah... Noke.)

All in all we didnt lose any top liner or game breakers.. We lost alot of depth.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.