HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

/// DING DING \\\ HF League - GM PS3* [Part 2] Please use EA forum - post 994.

Closed Thread

Old
10-04-2012, 01:26 PM
Swic21

vCash: 500
Ok new Chicago GM decided to play our game today without me? And it was a loss for me. Can this be overturned or do I have to keep the results of this bs game?

Old
10-04-2012, 01:29 PM
leclair1088

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlkamps View Post
Okay all, I set up a basic forum for now. Head on over and register so we can get started over there.I think this makes the most sense to keep us connected.

http://z13.invisionfree.com/Ding_Din...cted/index.php
Should we register with our HF names or maybe we all register with the team name gm

So I would be NYR GM??

Old
10-04-2012, 01:30 PM
leclair1088

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swic21 View Post
Ok new Chicago GM decided to play our game today without me? And it was a loss for me. Can this be overturned or do I have to keep the results of this bs game?
This is why I suggest that we dont turn on that option until the last 24 hours of a period...unless you dont care if someone does this to you or know you will be inactive the whole period.

Edit - I would be in Swic's favor of over turning it if it can be done since he's very active on this board and the new Chi GM had no real reason to do this unless he didnt know any better since he's "new"

Old
10-04-2012, 01:34 PM
Swic21

I'm just saying being a new GM in the league you think you would have a little more respect. And if you plan on enabling CPU for the last 24 hours why not just play your games while your online enabling? I enabled CPU out of fairness to all of you. Not so that on the first day 14 hours into a new period a guy can decide to play me without sending me a friend request or anything. Dudes gotta check these forums once in awhile he can see how active I am. And I see how active he's not.

Edit: I apologize for coming off as a d***, but its just really frustrating. Sorry guys.

Old
10-04-2012, 01:40 PM
ziotree

Quote:
I'm just saying being a new GM in the league you think you would have a little more respect. And if you plan on enabling CPU for the last 24 hours why not just play your games while your online enabling? I enabled CPU out of fairness to all of you. Not so that on the first day 14 hours into a new period a guy can decide to play me without sending me a friend request or anything. Dudes gotta check these forums once in awhile he can see how active I am. And I see how active he's not.

Edit: I apologize for coming off as a d***, but its just really frustrating. Sorry guys.
shame about your game mate.....im active and will only turn on computer enabled if i know im not going to be able get my games sorted on the last day.

ive sent a friend request to chicago and buffalo who i have to play and who are both online on the ps3 yet none has accepted request yet... bit frustrating to say the least as i wanna get my games out the way

you are very active swic and what happened is very unfortunate. hopefully it didnt cost you injuries

Old
10-04-2012, 01:43 PM
Swic21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziotree View Post
shame about your game mate.....im active and will only turn on computer enabled if i know im not going to be able get my games sorted on the last day.

ive sent a friend request to chicago and buffalo who i have to play and who are both online on the ps3 yet none has accepted request yet... bit frustrating to say the least as i wanna get my games out the way

you are very active swic and what happened is very unfortunate. hopefully it didnt cost you injuries
No injuries man, it's just annoying. I'm a competitive guy so to get handed a loss, and I had nothing to do with it sucks lol. And not to mention right now I have no Mike Richards or Bobby Ryan in the lineup so playing my team as the computer is pretty damn easy.

Old
10-04-2012, 01:45 PM
Huss5434

Quote:
I knew this was going to happen! exactly what I was worried about! I would be soooo pissed

Old
10-04-2012, 01:46 PM
ziotree

Quote:
No injuries man, it's just annoying. I'm a competitive guy so to get handed a loss, and I had nothing to do with it sucks lol. And not to mention right now I have no Mike Richards or Bobby Ryan in the lineup so playing my team as the computer is pretty damn easy.
id still lose lol

Old
10-04-2012, 01:51 PM
Swic21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huss5434 View Post
I knew this was going to happen! exactly what I was worried about! I would be soooo pissed
Ya I am pretty pissed. Like Toronto literally has no GM, and I'm not even playing them out of respect to the league and a possible future GM.

Old
10-04-2012, 01:58 PM
tlkamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by leclair1088 View Post
Should we register with our HF names or maybe we all register with the team name gm

So I would be NYR GM??
Everyone sign up similar to this: Boston GM, Philly GM, Dallas GM, Columbus GM etc...

I will then put in the user title area of each person their HF/PSN name so that we can identify based on that as well. I think that will work best.

Old
10-04-2012, 02:15 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

I am away until Saturday night to see family.

If one of you could relay the mssg to the Chicago GM about playing his games without setting up with you first would be great. Unfortunately, I can't check my PSN while at work and while on the road.

I understand the frustration Swic - I am just glad you had your AI set up - on the ball sucks you lost - I can't over-turn anything.... Having said that - if my games get played and I lose, I'd be upset - but it's not the end of the world.

Maybe we can work something that he gives you the next game? To me that would work, but may also cause issue later in the sched, people crying foul ALL the time (not that you are). I am sure he didn't do it on purpose....

Let me know, I'll check this when I can.

All of you are great! Keep it up - the kinks are working out. TK -thanks for building/starting the other forum as well. I will try to sign up soon.

Cheers Guys - for the Canadians (have a great long weekend) to the rest of the globe (remember to breathe!) enjoy!

Old
10-04-2012, 02:22 PM
Swic21

Bs...and we don't play again this season...he's lucky we don't.

Old
10-04-2012, 03:41 PM
flyersphan20

Quote:
Bs...and we don't play again this season...he's lucky we don't.
Is the Chicago GM even on the boards?

Old
10-04-2012, 04:04 PM
ziotree

Phoenix on a roll? Horton the difference! Horton trade already a success?

Phoenix made it 3 wins in 3 with a hard fought victory over the canadiens.

After being pegged back twice in the game Debutant Nathan Horton got the game winner for phoenix with less than 1 minute left in the game.

"Horton was terrific" said zio

"We couldnt ask for anything more from him. He scored 2 goals and was a force all over the ice. It was also James Neal's 2nd goal in 2 games and he is showing that he is getting used to the system here at phoenix".

"Confidence is high at the moment and we need to keep playing the way we are and keep the intensity high. Again we outshot our opponents and if we keep doing that then the goals will follow".

Old
10-04-2012, 04:06 PM
ziotree

BTW quick question

do the goaltenders get tired in this mode?? as in do we have to play the backup once in a while??

Old
10-04-2012, 04:36 PM
JohnEDrama

I dont have anything to back it up, but I am using my back-up. I think it does matter, and until i hear definitively that it doesnt im gonna err on the side of caution.

Old
10-04-2012, 04:53 PM
EvilAsh
Lockouts Rule!

Can any GM's play now?

My next Sched:

SJ
CHI
WPG
CGY
STL

I'll be out tonight . I'm also working 12 hour shifts the next 4 nights so I may have to set up PC games for you guys who can't play in the afternoon tomorrow or Saturday.

Old
10-04-2012, 04:55 PM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Any game played against the CPU prior to the last day without a prior agreement should result in severe disaplined action. That's ****ed up. Not cool. I'd be mad. I leave it on incase something happens and I'm away for a few days so no one gets screwed. I take no answer by the last day as a yes to play CPU. That sucks bro

Old
10-04-2012, 04:59 PM
EvilAsh
Lockouts Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Face Trilla View Post
Subscribe to the threads, pick your preferred email notification preferences.
I actually never thought as this as sad as that is. Can you subscribe to your PM's?

Old
10-04-2012, 05:32 PM
leclair1088

Quote:
Well it looks like the Montreal GM decided to take a page from the Chicago book and decided to play our game today vs my CPU (which I didnt realize would stay enabled from the last period) without asking me if it was okay first...like really its the first day of the period...

I mean my CPU won 7-3 so I guess I can't complain too much, still a ***k move

Old
10-04-2012, 05:40 PM
TheDrizzle81

If only I could just send all 5 guys to te high slot. I'd have a chance

Old
10-04-2012, 05:44 PM
flyersphan20

My whole take on the premature playing of CPU Games, there should be some form of discipline to the person who did, but I don't understand why someon would do that on the 1st day of the new period, here's my idea for disciplinary action:

If there is a future game between the two teams, the person would was played for by the CPU will have the ability to do the same in the future, but if the person is active on the boards, there should be no reason to play it early

I believe that if a person does play against the CPU on day 1,2,or possibly 3, they should be penalized but I don't think it is a kickable offense especially if e CPU gets a win,

Possibly could be a kickable offense IF a major player is injured for an extended period of time.

These are just my ideas, nothing major

Old
10-04-2012, 05:55 PM
TheDrizzle81

After I gave up a dribbler in a blocked shot I gave up all together in a 7-1 rout by LA. until I learn a defense for that slot shot I have no chance. My only goal wa a slot shot. Pathetic no goalie can do anything about it. I pulled Bernier to allow Williams the hatty. I like Williams.

Old
10-04-2012, 05:57 PM
tlkamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
After I gave up a dribbler in a blocked shot I gave up all together in a 7-1 rout by LA. until I learn a defense for that slot shot I have no chance. My only goal wa a slot shot. Pathetic no goalie can do anything about it. I pulled Bernier to allow Williams the hatty. I like Williams.
I appreciate the hatty for Williams. My defense for the slot play is to control a dman and just coast back once I hit the blue line. That way I'm in the area that everyone tries to get to.

GG though Drizz

Old
10-04-2012, 05:59 PM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersphan20 View Post
My whole take on the premature playing of CPU Games, there should be some form of discipline to the person who did, but I don't understand why someon would do that on the 1st day of the new period, here's my idea for disciplinary action:

If there is a future game between the two teams, the person would was played for by the CPU will have the ability to do the same in the future, but if the person is active on the boards, there should be no reason to play it early

I believe that if a person does play against the CPU on day 1,2,or possibly 3, they should be penalized but I don't think it is a kickable offense especially if e CPU gets a win,

Possibly could be a kickable offense IF a major player is injured for an extended period of time.

These are just my ideas, nothing major
No. Eliminate te gray area. That just enables the risk of doing it. You play te CPU without concent you are gone. Thats bs dont care if the cpu wins or if no one gets hurt its a dick move 100%. Either kick them or ban them for a period. If you can prove you tried by the lay day that's different. A clear post here is enough for me.

Closed Thread