HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

Non-Sharks NorCal Sports Thread XVII

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-04-2012, 12:40 AM
  #1
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 55,496
vCash: 500
Non-Sharks NorCal Sports Thread XVII

Unfortunately, starting out on a sad note

Pat Neshek ‏@PatNeshek
Please pray for my family. Tonight my wife & I lost our first & only son 23 hours after he was born with no explanation.



Previous thread: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1204437

LadyStanley is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 12:43 AM
  #2
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 55,496
vCash: 500
Non-Sharks Nor*Cal Sports... XVII
Quote:
Originally Posted by USF Shark View Post
+ general sports chatter


BAY AREA TEAMS:

Team Sport League Venue
San Francisco 49ers Football National Football League Candlestick Park
Oakland Raiders Football National Football League McAfee Coliseum
San Francisco Giants Baseball National League (Major League Baseball) AT&T Park
Oakland Athletics Baseball American League (Major League Baseball) McAfee Coliseum
Golden State Warriors Basketball National Basketball Association Oracle Arena
Sacramento Kings Basketball National Basketball Association Arco Arena
San Jose Earthquakes Soccer Major League Soccer Buck Shaw Stadium
San Jose Giants Baseball California League (Minor League Baseball) San Jose Municipal Stadium
San Jose SabreCats - *Cannot LinkFootball Arena Football League HP Pavilion at San Jose
San Jose Stealth Lacrosse National Lacrosse League HP Pavilion at San Jose
San Francisco Dragons Lacrosse Major League Lacrosse Spartan Stadium


NCAA Division I College Sports
California Golden Bears
St. Mary's College Gaels
San Francisco Dons
San Francisco State Gators
San José State Spartans
Santa Clara Broncos
Stanford Cardinal

LadyStanley is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 02:51 AM
  #3
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!
 
Moo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Valrico, FL
Posts: 29,026
vCash: 500
First "49ers rule" post of the thread.

But seriously I hope the Rams win tonight against Arizona and allow us the chance to get back into the NFC West lead by beating Buffalo.

Moo is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 02:55 AM
  #4
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT
 
Graveland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: United States
Posts: 11,215
vCash: 50
I hope the Rams destroy the Cards tonight... Never though i'd say that .

Also WTB Bay area world series.

Graveland is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 04:33 AM
  #5
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:
 
Mafoofoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 12,872
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo View Post
First "49ers rule" post of the thread.

But seriously I hope the Rams win tonight against Arizona and allow us the chance to get back into the NFC West lead by beating Buffalo.
Not gonna happen.

Mafoofoo is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 08:22 AM
  #6
Pinkfloyd
Registered User
 
Pinkfloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Roseville
Country: United States
Posts: 31,539
vCash: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
Not gonna happen.
Someone is hoping beyond hope. The Bills stink.

Pinkfloyd is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 09:36 AM
  #7
HOOCH2173
That HOOCH is Crazy!
 
HOOCH2173's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Anacrime
Country: United States
Posts: 4,351
vCash: 516
Ok so explain to me why the Reds are Playing at AT&T park when they have the better record?

I read somewhere that the MLB already had the playoffs set and were just awaiting the wild card. which even that doesn't make any sense to me?

HOOCH2173 is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 09:53 AM
  #8
Oppa
#FunMustBeAlways
 
Oppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 2,544
vCash: 157
they still get "home field advantage" in a 2-3 game format


stupid but I'll take it

Oppa is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 10:07 AM
  #9
likewall32
**putt meem hear**
 
likewall32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: San Jose, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,765
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCH2173 View Post
Ok so explain to me why the Reds are Playing at AT&T park when they have the better record?

I read somewhere that the MLB already had the playoffs set and were just awaiting the wild card. which even that doesn't make any sense to me?
Schedule was made before the second wild card format was agreed upon, so this change is for this year only. Since the old format would have had games starting on Friday, because that's now the wild card play-in game, they lose a day in the LDS, which they chose to be a travel day.

Instead of:
two games @ higher seed, travel day, two games @ lower seed, travel day, Game 5 @ higher seed,
they're doing:
two games @ lower seed, travel day, three games @ higher seed.

It'll be back to normal next year for the LDS, this year's LCS and WS will be unchanged.

likewall32 is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 10:14 AM
  #10
bigwillie
Registered User
 
bigwillie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Country: United States
Posts: 5,750
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to bigwillie
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
Unfortunately, starting out on a sad note

Pat Neshek ‏@PatNeshek
Please pray for my family. Tonight my wife & I lost our first & only son 23 hours after he was born with no explanation.



Previous thread: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1204437
So sad. My heart goes out to the Neshek family. Can't even begin to imagine how that feels.

bigwillie is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 10:35 AM
  #11
HOOCH2173
That HOOCH is Crazy!
 
HOOCH2173's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Anacrime
Country: United States
Posts: 4,351
vCash: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by likewall32 View Post
Schedule was made before the second wild card format was agreed upon, so this change is for this year only. Since the old format would have had games starting on Friday, because that's now the wild card play-in game, they lose a day in the LDS, which they chose to be a travel day.

Instead of:
two games @ higher seed, travel day, two games @ lower seed, travel day, Game 5 @ higher seed,
they're doing:
two games @ lower seed, travel day, three games @ higher seed.

It'll be back to normal next year for the LDS, this year's LCS and WS will be unchanged.
I had a feeling that was it. thanks man!

HOOCH2173 is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 11:11 AM
  #12
Wedontneedroads
Registered User
 
Wedontneedroads's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Jose
Country: United States
Posts: 2,853
vCash: 374
I still can't believe the A's came back and won that game. This team has so much heart it's unbelievable.

I bought a $2 ticket months ago hoping that game 162 would mean something, but I never could have imagined it finishing up so perfectly. Best $2 ever.

Time to exact some revenge on Detroit for 06' and see how far this young team can go.

LET'S GO OAKLAND!!!

Wedontneedroads is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 01:58 PM
  #13
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:
 
Mafoofoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 12,872
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
Someone is hoping beyond hope. The Bills stink.
We'll see. The Vikes showed you guys aren't the invincible force of nature you guys looked like in week 1,2 and 4.

Mafoofoo is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 02:58 PM
  #14
Shape
Go Sharks :(
 
Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Across from the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 5,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
We'll see. The Vikes showed you guys aren't the invincible force of nature you guys looked like in week 1,2 and 4.
And that defeat helped the Niners immensely going forward. Did ya see what happened to the Jets? They know they're not invincible. And I thank Minny for showing them that early so it doesn't happen again.

Niners should handle the Bills at home. I'll sport an avatar of your choosing if they don't.

Shape is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 04:32 PM
  #15
HOOCH2173
That HOOCH is Crazy!
 
HOOCH2173's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Anacrime
Country: United States
Posts: 4,351
vCash: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shape View Post
And that defeat helped the Niners immensely going forward. Did ya see what happened to the Jets? They know they're not invincible. And I thank Minny for showing them that early so it doesn't happen again.

Niners should handle the Bills at home. I'll sport an avatar of your choosing if they don't.
Honey Boo Boo and the Human Thumb known as her mom for th Avatar! ha ha.

HOOCH2173 is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 04:32 PM
  #16
HOOCH2173
That HOOCH is Crazy!
 
HOOCH2173's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Anacrime
Country: United States
Posts: 4,351
vCash: 516
So when do you guys add the San Francisco Bulls to the Nor Cal Sports list?

HOOCH2173 is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 05:54 PM
  #17
Shape
Go Sharks :(
 
Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Across from the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 5,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCH2173 View Post
Honey Boo Boo and the Human Thumb known as her mom for th Avatar! ha ha.
I would rather do Fatty Doo Doo.

Shape is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 06:40 PM
  #18
gonegonegone*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: San Diego
Country: United States
Posts: 3,338
vCash: 500
if niners, giants/As, and lakers all win this year (all of which is plausible), then the state of california will have all the major championships at the same time (since LAK will still be reigning champs if the nhl season is canceled). that has never happened before and likely it will never happen again. think how awesome that would be!!

gonegonegone* is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 06:53 PM
  #19
slocal
Global Moderator
Grübermeister
 
slocal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Los Osos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shape View Post
I would rather do Fatty Doo Doo.
Oh man, was that episode on point with today's "bar"

__________________

"there's nothing good about dubstep." - The Nemesis
slocal is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 08:26 PM
  #20
Shape
Go Sharks :(
 
Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Across from the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 5,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slocal View Post
Oh man, was that episode on point with today's "bar"
Thank god for James Cameron!




















.... james cameron

Shape is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 08:40 PM
  #21
Kitten Mittons
Registered User
 
Kitten Mittons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Country: Armenia
Posts: 47,461
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by endy View Post
if niners, giants/As, and lakers all win this year (all of which is plausible), then the state of california will have all the major championships at the same time (since LAK will still be reigning champs if the nhl season is canceled). that has never happened before and likely it will never happen again. think how awesome that would be!!
Why not Warriors???

Kitten Mittons is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 08:41 PM
  #22
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:
 
Mafoofoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 12,872
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shape View Post
And that defeat helped the Niners immensely going forward. Did ya see what happened to the Jets? They know they're not invincible. And I thank Minny for showing them that early so it doesn't happen again.

Niners should handle the Bills at home. I'll sport an avatar of your choosing if they don't.
The theme of this season for the Bills is get **** on one game, wreck the opponent the next. So this week falls in line with wreck the opponent.

Ok enjoy sporting a Bills avy after Sunday.

Mafoofoo is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 08:43 PM
  #23
Kitten Mittons
Registered User
 
Kitten Mittons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Country: Armenia
Posts: 47,461
vCash: 500
The Jets are a joke. So are the Bills. Not sold yet.

Kitten Mittons is offline  
Old
10-05-2012, 03:04 AM
  #24
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!
 
Moo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Valrico, FL
Posts: 29,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
We'll see. The Vikes showed you guys aren't the invincible force of nature you guys looked like in week 1,2 and 4.
And the Pats and Jets -- the latter we just crushed -- showed just how much the Bills suck, too.

Moo is offline  
Old
10-05-2012, 03:58 AM
  #25
slocal
Global Moderator
Grübermeister
 
slocal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Los Osos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,176
vCash: 500
Bills will be Bills!

slocal is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.