HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Cancels First Two Weeks Of Schedule

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-04-2012, 01:47 PM
  #1
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967
 
Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Brea, California
Country: United States
Posts: 12,406
vCash: 500
NHL Cancels First Two Weeks Of Schedule

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...-the-schedule/

Beautiful.

Just lovely.

Here we go again. I have a bad feeling it isn't going to be just two weeks.

__________________
Ron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 02:08 PM
  #2
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT
 
Muzzinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 8,222
vCash: 500
why have 50% of something when you can have 100% of nothing!!!

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 02:21 PM
  #3
Fishhead
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,307
vCash: 500
Another couple weeks of this and my ticket price increase will be neutralized.

Fishhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 03:25 PM
  #4
T308
HFBoards Sponsor
 
T308's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
Another couple weeks of this and my ticket price increase will be neutralized.
Yep, just 20% of the games and we'll be back to last years prices.

Speaking of which, what's the over and under on how long it takes for our refunds for these games? October 2013?

T308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 03:43 PM
  #5
TonySCV
Moderator
Push to the 8th Tee
 
TonySCV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,675
vCash: 500
My (uneducated) guess is they'll get something done in December. Prior to the Winter Classic. October-December games are generally meaningless. No marquee events until 1/1 and the owners can save around $800M in salary.

Who knows... the owners view a lockout as the first step in negotiations vs. the last, so this may go on for ages.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 03:47 PM
  #6
The Tikkanen
Pest
 
The Tikkanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Yorba Linda
Country: United States
Posts: 6,649
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by T308 View Post
Yep, just 20% of the games and we'll be back to last years prices.

Speaking of which, what's the over and under on how long it takes for our refunds for these games? October 2013?
They're making interest on that money every day. So technically speaking the owners are making money on the lockout so far. I've come to grips that there isn't going to be a season. If you've been a long suffering King fan this all kind of makes sense. It's bringing back that Valeri Bure/Rob Valisevic/Randy Robitaille anger I lost after the Kings won the Cup.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 05:36 PM
  #7
Buddy The Elf
Kings!
 
Buddy The Elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Belmont Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 10,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
They're making interest on that money every day. So technically speaking the owners are making money on the lockout so far. I've come to grips that there isn't going to be a season. If you've been a long suffering King fan this all kind of makes sense. It's bringing back that Valeri Bure/Rob Valisevic/Randy Robitaille anger I lost after the Kings won the Cup.
So true.. and with the cancelation of the beginning of the regular season, the NHLPA and the owners will not have a hard time dividing up my $0 of HHR when all the dust finally settles.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 07:35 PM
  #8
damacles1156
Moderator
 
damacles1156's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 15,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
My (uneducated) guess is they'll get something done in December. Prior to the Winter Classic. October-December games are generally meaningless. No marquee events until 1/1 and the owners can save around $800M in salary.

Who knows... the owners view a lockout as the first step in negotiations vs. the last, so this may go on for ages.
That's a good guess.

Cause by then the Majority of the NHLPA (overpaid players like Stoll)

Will have lost paychecks, and will start to feel it. The Union will start to crack, and it won't matter what (BS) Fehr is feeding them.

damacles1156 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 08:02 PM
  #9
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 31,401
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Like I said awhile ago, January is the likely start time.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 08:28 PM
  #10
Omni Owl
Ray of Black Sun
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: North Korea
Posts: 3,645
vCash: 500
No hockey for the Fall? Such ********.

Omni Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.