HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Hockey Arena XIX - Vagrant is the King!

Old
09-29-2012, 02:28 PM
GirouxGiroux
Visioneer

vCash: 50
Sold my 100/65/- 17 YO for 284 mill. I think that's good?

GirouxGiroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 02:43 PM
Rune Forumwalker

vCash: 500
Heh, I had a bad feeling about a first game against Canada. Clearly I was right.

It looks like Ireland may have a slight chemistry hit from a change in lineups, not sure. However I'm thinking of making a few lineup tweaks myself. I may move out Kearns for another d-man, probably Streeter. Then three wingers could rotate their spots, and a slight change to the wingers on the PP.

Rune Forumwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 02:53 PM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirouxGiroux View Post
Sold my 100/65/- 17 YO for 284 mill. I think that's good?
That is more than good, that is tremendous. I only netted 75 million for mine. And that was the opening bid for crying out loud. However, it was enough to keep me from complaining.

Vagrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 03:09 PM
Rune Forumwalker

Something else I just noticed, it seems Canada attempted to match the tactics being used on those lines. Heh, guess I'll be changing that every week to to get that extra edge.

Old
09-29-2012, 03:18 PM
GirouxGiroux
Visioneer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
That is more than good, that is tremendous. I only netted 75 million for mine. And that was the opening bid for crying out loud. However, it was enough to keep me from complaining.
Yeah, I didn't even think I'd sell mine this season because he was showing very low. But I figured I'd put him up with a min bid of 284 just for kicks. I didn't advertise him or anything.

Someone just couldn't stay away from that 78 AI.

Old
09-29-2012, 11:49 PM
GirouxGiroux
Visioneer

I received one vote in the Romanian U20 election. Niiiiice.

Old
10-01-2012, 12:20 AM
poppap527

Hey guys, long time since I have posted. Tough to run the team and come here to chat about it, as loss of time was the reason I left the last time. Promoted in my first season from V to IV.4, where I started the first time.

I did not get a good draw to start the season as I have the first 7 games against some of the top teams in my division. 0-4 so far. Just want to stay in the league and get my rooks some EXP.

What do you guys tend to do with your rookie pulls? Leave them in the youth squad or pull them? I have an 18yo goalie now with 42G and 18spd and am trying to work him into a good starter in the future, but I pulled a 17yo today with Q/P/AI of ?82/?73/?44. I'd like to pull him, but I am not too sure of the best process for YP's.

Thanks again for the insight. Good luck on the new season to all and congrats to tujague and the Atomics, we started years ago around the same time, and I'd like to think I would have been able to compete with him if I had stayed in it.

poppap527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 01:11 AM
GirouxGiroux
Visioneer

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppap527 View Post
Hey guys, long time since I have posted. Tough to run the team and come here to chat about it, as loss of time was the reason I left the last time. Promoted in my first season from V to IV.4, where I started the first time.

I did not get a good draw to start the season as I have the first 7 games against some of the top teams in my division. 0-4 so far. Just want to stay in the league and get my rooks some EXP.

What do you guys tend to do with your rookie pulls? Leave them in the youth squad or pull them? I have an 18yo goalie now with 42G and 18spd and am trying to work him into a good starter in the future, but I pulled a 17yo today with Q/P/AI of ?82/?73/?44. I'd like to pull him, but I am not too sure of the best process for YP's.

Thanks again for the insight. Good luck on the new season to all and congrats to tujague and the Atomics, we started years ago around the same time, and I'd like to think I would have been able to compete with him if I had stayed in it.
Early in the season, there is really no reason not to pull. If you have good facilities, they'll probably gain more AI than if you left them until next season. If you don't have good facilities, then you probably should sell them. Either way, I'd pull.

Once you get halfway through the season and beyond, then there could be a debate.

Old
10-01-2012, 01:19 AM
poppap527

Quote:
Early in the season, there is really no reason not to pull. If you have good facilities, they'll probably gain more AI than if you left them until next season. If you don't have good facilities, then you probably should sell them. Either way, I'd pull.

Once you get halfway through the season and beyond, then there could be a debate.
Yeah, I am constantly building up my facilities, I have stockpiled a pretty good bankroll and am just feeding the upgrades, however I am only at 50 with most except YS at 55.

Old
10-01-2012, 10:24 PM
Rune Forumwalker

So we know that seeing a 16 year old in the YS showing 30 or more AI, and a 17 year old showing 60 or more AI will turn out to have a good Q. Would it be 90 AI for an 18 year old? I need to look for some quality youth on the market, and recently pulled players showing 60 AI at 17 years old or 90 AI at 18 years old would be the two things to look for to be assured of a good Q, right?

Old
10-01-2012, 11:11 PM
GirouxGiroux
Visioneer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Forumwalker View Post
So we know that seeing a 16 year old in the YS showing 30 or more AI, and a 17 year old showing 60 or more AI will turn out to have a good Q. Would it be 90 AI for an 18 year old? I need to look for some quality youth on the market, and recently pulled players showing 60 AI at 17 years old or 90 AI at 18 years old would be the two things to look for to be assured of a good Q, right?
Well, it used to be that way, but now everyone has the AI bonuses. A 17 YO with 60 AI might actually be a 48 with a 12 AI boost. So, I'd say mostly ignore anything under 60 AI but don't assume over 60 is a stud.

For 17s, over 70 is the new over 60.

Although, for the record, I've bought a 90Q and two 89Q 17 YOs this season and they had 60-64 AI.

Last edited by GirouxGiroux: 10-01-2012 at 11:16 PM.
Old
10-01-2012, 11:59 PM
Rune Forumwalker

I wouldn't automatically bid on them with 60 AI. That's the minimum the player would need to have before I would consider scouting. If that comes back with positive results, then I send an offer. I just need to find that baseline so I don't waste the daily scouts allotted.

Think I'll settle for a minimum of four wingers, but might just go ahead and try to replace the entire third line too if possible. Why not, it's not like this team will be competing for a I.1 title anyway. Only the forwards though as the forwards are older than the d-men. Next season will be interesting if this team does have two full lines of kids.

Last edited by Rune Forumwalker: 10-02-2012 at 12:17 AM.
Old
10-02-2012, 08:00 AM
smetana

Criminy. Did some quick tabulation and realized that I have now gone, including playoffs, a total of 41 games without a regulation loss. With some tough games coming up soon, I'm afraid my luck can't keep holding up.

smetana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 08:26 AM
tujague

I've started rebuilding after the latest hurricane. So I don't really have time to update the players list. If anyone wants to give it a go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by smetana View Post
Criminy. Did some quick tabulation and realized that I have now gone, including playoffs, a total of 41 games without a regulation loss. With some tough games coming up soon, I'm afraid my luck can't keep holding up.
I don't think you can call it luck after 41 games. Did you complete your assignment?

tujague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 02:56 AM
poppap527

Anyone mind telling me what his Q/P shows? http://www.hockeyarena.net/en/index....nc&id=32101210

Thanks

Old
10-03-2012, 04:22 AM
Forsbergwannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppap527 View Post
Anyone mind telling me what his Q/P shows? http://www.hockeyarena.net/en/index....nc&id=32101210

Thanks
59/69 but what is his real stats?

With a 1-0 win over Italy I can breathe easier this week, before an almost certain defeat vs Latvia, but things are looking good nontheless. Italy now needs to gain 2 points in the last two games vs Latvia and Russia to have any chance to overtake us, so I am cautiously optimistic regarding avoiding relegation.

Forsbergwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 09:30 AM
steelcable97

I took a few months off from the game. My interest level wasn't there.

However, I jumped back in yesterday. My old team has been deleted, and i've started over with a new team that is absolutely horrible. No stadium, no players, etc.

From a player perspective, the game really screws you. Generally, the players only have stats in two categories. Such as offense and self-control. Nothing in the other categories. It's difficult to work with these players, as they are so one dimensional. Also, i'm not sure how much money they will bring on the market.

I'm looking forward to the challenge of building a competitive team again from the ground up. My strategy is to assemble a decent young team, sell these players off after a few seasons to build a stronger team that can compete for the long term.

I'm in US IV.2, Demolitia Totalus.

steelcable97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 06:28 PM
poppap527

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsbergwannabe View Post
59/69 but what is his real stats?
He is a 70Q/?69. 38Goa 19spd 3sco +? loyalty. I bought him showing ?84/?72, but just pulled a 17yo with 45AI and ?91/?82, so I was hoping it was showing something high so I could move him and get my 17yo some exp.

Old
10-03-2012, 06:39 PM
Leafer 21

2nd highest training in the world today, I dont think that will happen again

Leafer 21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2012, 08:57 PM
GirouxGiroux
Visioneer

Hoping to sign my fourth 17 YO tomorrow. Kind of a youth-movement reboot to get in line with my young goalie. Sold a couple 300+ AI vets already and another one going off tomorrow.

Old
10-03-2012, 10:11 PM
Rune Forumwalker

I'd like to get some youth, but none of the players I've scouted look that good. Not sure I want Max-4 even if Q is 100, or 85Q with Max-3.

Old
10-03-2012, 10:49 PM
bravidar

Hi folks.

1 time poster. Long time reader. In fact i prewrote something back in early 2011 when i was waiting for confirmation. So here is my copy paste thingy:

Hi, i finally managed to answer correctly on the question in the registration form. How many goals are a hattrick?

It took me back to old Leisuresuit Larry games where you had to prove that you where old enough for some nudety in the game.

he he good times.

I manage a team in Norway, but i now live in the Phillipines.
My team is Englene. http://www.hockeyarena.net/en/index....p&team_id=9071
Started in season 6.

Season 34,35 and 36 i was freefallin. As Tom Petty would have called it.

I got myself a 17 year old 100/94 in my first pull this season, so i started a rebuild. And googled Rebuilding HA team and this thread pops up.
And believe me, it takes some time to cover all this information. The information in this thread is really good, only surpassed by their members.

Post 114 by Tujague helped me alot in adjusting my quest for rebuilding my team. Forsbergwannabe got me hooked on calculating end AI. And everyones input on what is a good buy, and what is good skillassignment got me hooked again on Hockeyarena. Thank you all for that.

Hope i can give some pointers back to this community.
end

So now i am back in good old Norway. And hfboards have in their wisdom accepted my application.

bravidar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 12:54 AM
GirouxGiroux
Visioneer

Has anyone quantified the value of self control on goalies? I know that everyone suggests 20-25, but I'd like to know why. Has anyone ever trained a legit goalie without SC?

Also: Welcome, bravidar. Looks like you're a bit more experienced than the average HFBoards newbie. And a bit more experienced than me. Hey, what do you know about goalies and self control?

Old
10-04-2012, 02:12 PM
bravidar

Quote:
Has anyone quantified the value of self control on goalies? I know that everyone suggests 20-25, but I'd like to know why. Has anyone ever trained a legit goalie without SC?

Also: Welcome, bravidar. Looks like you're a bit more experienced than the average HFBoards newbie. And a bit more experienced than me. Hey, what do you know about goalies and self control?
Thanks GirouxGiroux.

I see where you are going with this. Do we train sc on our young GK becuase we see the "lost confident" message in the match report.

And we do see a lot of really old goalies doing well without sc.

My 29 yo gk have 19 in sc. Never looses his confident. But goalies are usally a mystery to me.

bravidar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 04:44 PM
Rune Forumwalker

Took a chance by not scouting on the market and got hosed: 82/88 for $70M.