HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-13 Ticket Prices (Part II)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-04-2012, 04:34 PM
  #701
Giacomin
Registered User
 
Giacomin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,891
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
There is no waiting list right now. You can request to buy seats right from the website.
I should clarify myself. If you want ST,s in the lower bowl there are plenty. The upper bowl definitely has a waitlist. As far as individual games available on the website they have always had single games available but the markup is outrageous. Last my $59 seat was going for about $80 if bought from the website.

Giacomin is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 06:03 PM
  #702
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15
 
NyRangers88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,424
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bickel41 View Post
I should clarify myself. If you want ST,s in the lower bowl there are plenty. The upper bowl definitely has a waitlist. As far as individual games available on the website they have always had single games available but the markup is outrageous. Last my $59 seat was going for about $80 if bought from the website.
Is there an organized wait-list though? I'm pretty sure there isn't.

__________________
2013-2014 Eastern Conference Champions!!
NyRangers88 is online now  
Old
10-04-2012, 06:22 PM
  #703
PassShootScore
208 Row 18
 
PassShootScore's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 647
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Is there an organized wait-list though? I'm pretty sure there isn't.
Yea there is my buddy is on it

PassShootScore is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 06:30 PM
  #704
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15
 
NyRangers88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,424
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassShootScore View Post
Yea there is my buddy is on it
Interesting, I didn't know that. How do you get on it? My friend is looking to get tickets and was told it was "take it or leave it" with the expensive club seats.

NyRangers88 is online now  
Old
10-04-2012, 06:41 PM
  #705
NYRKING30
Registered User
 
NYRKING30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Interesting, I didn't know that. How do you get on it? My friend is looking to get tickets and was told it was "take it or leave it" with the expensive club seats.
Your friend needs to leave a deposit, I heard there is at least a 2,000 person waiting list minimum for upstairs. I can't confirm that though.

NYRKING30 is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 07:16 PM
  #706
Giacomin
Registered User
 
Giacomin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,891
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRKING30 View Post
Your friend needs to leave a deposit, I heard there is at least a 2,000 person waiting list minimum for upstairs. I can't confirm that though.
A friend of mine just put a deposit down for upper level seats (I believe $500 per seat but not positive). The Rangers originally tried to get him to buy lower level seats but they would not guarantee upper level seats next year so he declined. If the Rangers would guarantee a move to the upper bowl after 1 season like in years past it would be worth it. I have also been told the waiting list is about 2000 people for the upper bowl so to think that if you don,t renew the tickets will not be taken is not accurate.
Lets hope we have Hockey this year so we don,t have to even consider not renewing.

Giacomin is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 07:32 PM
  #707
NYRKING30
Registered User
 
NYRKING30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bickel41 View Post
A friend of mine just put a deposit down for upper level seats (I believe $500 per seat but not positive). The Rangers originally tried to get him to buy lower level seats but they would not guarantee upper level seats next year so he declined. If the Rangers would guarantee a move to the upper bowl after 1 season like in years past it would be worth it. I have also been told the waiting list is about 2000 people for the upper bowl so to think that if you don,t renew the tickets will not be taken is not accurate.
Lets hope we have Hockey this year so we don,t have to even consider not renewing.
Yeah exactly, luckily i piggybacked my first season last year in the 300s to avoid the line and lower level pricing. This year i got what i want.

NYRKING30 is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 09:36 PM
  #708
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,938
vCash: 50
Well if this season gets completely cancelled I don't see how Dolan can justify any sort of price increase for the following season. What's he going to say, "we locked out the players and lost so much money that now you have to make up to us"??

GordonGecko is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 10:07 PM
  #709
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 8,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
Well if this season gets completely cancelled I don't see how Dolan can justify any sort of price increase for the following season. What's he going to say, "we locked out the players and lost so much money that now you have to make up to us"??
I don't expect that to be an issue, given the amount they've increased ticket prices in the last two years.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline  
Old
10-05-2012, 08:17 AM
  #710
Crease
Registered User
 
Crease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,833
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
Well if this season gets completely cancelled I don't see how Dolan can justify any sort of price increase for the following season. What's he going to say, "we locked out the players and lost so much money that now you have to make up to us"??
I'm not sure why Dolan has to justify any prices. It's all based on supply and demand. If demand stays the same or goes up, ticket prices will follow. He's running a business, not a charity. Goodwill is always good for business, I agree, but profit maximization comes first.

Crease is offline  
Old
10-05-2012, 11:49 AM
  #711
Abooch68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,353
vCash: 500
F being a fan in the NY market.. so expensive.. Really wish I was a devils fan in terms of season tickets.

Abooch68 is offline  
Old
10-05-2012, 04:44 PM
  #712
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,938
vCash: 50
Official Rangers Refund Policy Announced

As a New York Rangers Season Subscriber, you are an integral part of the Blueshirts family. We greatly appreciate your support and patience as the National Hockey League and the National Hockey League Players' Association continues to negotiate a new collective bargaining agreement. To the extent that the league announces further schedule cancellations, in specific, games at Madison Square Garden, important information related to your subscription and your options is detailed below.

Please know that your investment in the 2012-13 New York Rangers season tickets is fully protected. As described below, you will be credited for any home games lost (and not re-scheduled) for which you have paid. We are offering our subscribers two options for how the team will handle money that has already been paid to the Rangers for games that will not be played: (1) crediting your account through the "True Blue" Program or (2) processing a refund.

True Blue Program (Option 1) - Select the "True Blue" Program to keep your money on account and that money will earn interest at an annual rate of 2% effective November 1, 2012. Interest will be credited to your Rangers season subscription account and applied (along with the amounts for prepaid games that are not played) to your 2012-13 season subscription, the purchase of 2013 NHL Playoff tickets or towards your 2013-14 season tickets. Interest will accrue until either the resolution of the labor dispute or the end of the month in which a full season cancellation is announced, whichever comes first. To select the "True Blue" Program, please opt in by Friday, October 19th.

Refund Program (Option 2) - If you choose the Refund Program, you will be credited 1% annual interest on your 2012-13 season ticket account effective November 1, 2012. Interest will accrue until either the resolution of the labor dispute or the end of the month in which a full season cancellation is announced, whichever comes first.

For Accounts that are paid in full for 2012-13 season tickets by the end of November, refunds will be paid at the end of November and each month thereafter that the work stoppage continues, in an amount equal to the ticket value of all games cancelled for that month, plus interest earned during that month.

For Accounts that are not paid in full for 2012-13 season tickets by the end of November, monthly refunds and interest payments will be paid once the value of the remaining games scheduled is less than the amount on the season ticket account. For example, if you have paid $6,000 toward a $10,000 total cost for season tickets, you will start receiving a monthly refund when the value of remaining games is less than $6,000.

Should you choose to take advantage of the Refund Program, please opt in by Friday, October 19th.

Please note that if you fail to elect either program by Friday, October 19th, you will automatically be enrolled in the Refund Program (Option 2).

Click Here to choose your option.

GordonGecko is offline  
Old
10-05-2012, 05:17 PM
  #713
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15
 
NyRangers88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,424
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
I picked the first option with 2%.

NyRangers88 is online now  
Old
10-05-2012, 08:44 PM
  #714
Hockeyplayer99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country:
Posts: 335
vCash: 500
did you get this in the mail or email, because I never received that letter yet.

Hockeyplayer99 is offline  
Old
10-05-2012, 09:22 PM
  #715
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15
 
NyRangers88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,424
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyplayer99 View Post
did you get this in the mail or email, because I never received that letter yet.
Email.

NyRangers88 is online now  
Old
10-06-2012, 02:48 PM
  #716
sbjnyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 383
vCash: 500
I got the email but haven't responded yet. I want to know if the refund will be by check or credited to my cc (I want to keep the points ). I was charged for September but am disputing the charge. It's a lockout by the owners, not a strike by the players.

sbjnyc is offline  
Old
10-06-2012, 08:20 PM
  #717
azaloum90
Registered User
 
azaloum90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The coop!
Posts: 3,677
vCash: 500
CT Whale Ticket prices

Cheaper to buy tickets to see the Whale online or at the door?

Ticketmaster tacks on like an extra $7 per ticket... But the Whale website says that tickets are $X amount, but to add $2 for walk in tickets...

If its $2 extra at the door, then you avoid the TM fees, I'd assume its cheaper to buy them at the door?

Adam

azaloum90 is offline  
Old
10-06-2012, 09:51 PM
  #718
niinah
Section 214
 
niinah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: White Plains NY
Country: Finland
Posts: 254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
I picked the first option with 2%.
I'm also contemplating this. The only drawback is they won't pay interest for the full time that they are holding your money

"Interest will accrue until either the resolution of the labor dispute or the end of the month in which a full season cancellation is announced, whichever comes first"

niinah is offline  
Old
10-06-2012, 09:54 PM
  #719
17futurecap
Registered User
 
17futurecap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 6,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by niinah View Post
I'm also contemplating this. The only drawback is they won't pay interest for the full time that they are holding your money

"Interest will accrue until either the resolution of the labor dispute or the end of the month in which a full season cancellation is announced, whichever comes first"
Agreed, that's the problem, but I'm thinking there will be some sort of season so I picked this option.

17futurecap is offline  
Old
10-08-2012, 09:50 AM
  #720
BTW8892
Registered User
 
BTW8892's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 132
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BTW8892 Send a message via MSN to BTW8892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bickel41 View Post
A friend of mine just put a deposit down for upper level seats (I believe $500 per seat but not positive). The Rangers originally tried to get him to buy lower level seats but they would not guarantee upper level seats next year so he declined. If the Rangers would guarantee a move to the upper bowl after 1 season like in years past it would be worth it. I have also been told the waiting list is about 2000 people for the upper bowl so to think that if you don,t renew the tickets will not be taken is not accurate.
Lets hope we have Hockey this year so we don,t have to even consider not renewing.
I called up last season, and they basically told me the same story. I requested upper bowl seating, and they followed up with another phone call trying to sell me 100 lower bowl seats. As for the down payment, I only had to leave $500 for two seats. Luckily after numerous phone calls telling me their list was backed up, they offered me a hacked up half season plan in 428.

It was basically the same story this year. I called up to leave my down payment, and they searched and still couldn't get me anything. My rep called me back a couple weeks later asking if I wanted to take the lower bowl seats, or if I wanted wait and be offered a half season plan if nothing comes up. I chose option two, no way I was dishing out that amount of cash for the lower level.

BTW8892 is offline  
Old
10-08-2012, 10:57 AM
  #721
5Minutes4Fighting
Killer B's!
 
5Minutes4Fighting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northern NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by niinah View Post
I'm also contemplating this. The only drawback is they won't pay interest for the full time that they are holding your money

"Interest will accrue until either the resolution of the labor dispute or the end of the month in which a full season cancellation is announced, whichever comes first"
Let's say you have a pair of $50 seats (just to use round #s). If they miss the 8 games in November, the difference in interest is approximately $0.67 ($800 x 1% /12) a month for those games.

It's totally negligible. Might as well take the refund.

5Minutes4Fighting is offline  
Old
10-08-2012, 11:26 AM
  #722
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers
 
Ih8theislanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bronx,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTW8892 View Post
I called up last season, and they basically told me the same story. I requested upper bowl seating, and they followed up with another phone call trying to sell me 100 lower bowl seats. As for the down payment, I only had to leave $500 for two seats. Luckily after numerous phone calls telling me their list was backed up, they offered me a hacked up half season plan in 428.

It was basically the same story this year. I called up to leave my down payment, and they searched and still couldn't get me anything. My rep called me back a couple weeks later asking if I wanted to take the lower bowl seats, or if I wanted wait and be offered a half season plan if nothing comes up. I chose option two, no way I was dishing out that amount of cash for the lower level.
Yup, same problem here.

Ih8theislanders is offline  
Old
10-08-2012, 11:53 AM
  #723
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15
 
NyRangers88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,424
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Minutes4Fighting View Post
Let's say you have a pair of $50 seats (just to use round #s). If they miss the 8 games in November, the difference in interest is approximately $0.67 ($800 x 1% /12) a month for those games.

It's totally negligible. Might as well take the refund.
I don't think it works like that. For the refund program maybe it does, but if you keep your money on your account you are gaining 2% interest on the whole account for each month of the lockout. For instance, if my account is paid in full ($50.00 x 2 seats x 41 games = $4100), I am gaining $4100 x 0.02 /12 which is about $6.83 per month. At least that's how I understood it.

NyRangers88 is online now  
Old
10-08-2012, 12:23 PM
  #724
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,773
vCash: 500
Wonder how many pre-season games we'll get to pay for now that the season isn't starting on time and the Garden is ready for action? You know that's coming.

broadwayblue is online now  
Old
10-08-2012, 12:50 PM
  #725
5Minutes4Fighting
Killer B's!
 
5Minutes4Fighting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northern NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
I don't think it works like that. For the refund program maybe it does, but if you keep your money on your account you are gaining 2% interest on the whole account for each month of the lockout. For instance, if my account is paid in full ($50.00 x 2 seats x 41 games = $4100), I am gaining $4100 x 0.02 /12 which is about $6.83 per month. At least that's how I understood it.
My bad. Refund is by games cancelled, True Blue by total paid in.

It is total amount, but only through cancellation. If they cancel in late December, you may only get a weeks worth of interest due to the "until either the resolution of the labor dispute or the end of the month in which a full season cancellation is announced, whichever comes first."

If the season goes by the wayside, they'll have your money from cancellation until next October with no interest paid to you for that time period. Granted, you would be paying in to next season come the end of March anyhow, but they'd have 3 months of no-interest to you.

But even $4k at 2% for a month is only $6.67 of interest.

Point is, there is nothing substantial to entice you to let them hold your money. They're not giving you any perk outside of the additional interest, which will probably be nominal at best.

5Minutes4Fighting is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:32 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.