HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Grand Rapids Griffins 2012-13

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-19-2012, 06:32 PM
  #51
ALF AmericanLionsFan
Registered User
 
ALF AmericanLionsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Cleveland, Ohio USA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,571
vCash: 500
I'm glad these guys get to skate for a few weeks,but I don't understand why these teams would just allow these guys to come back for a few weeks so they can get some practice in before heading off to their real job?

ALF AmericanLionsFan is offline  
Old
09-28-2012, 01:56 PM
  #52
griffs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Grand Rapids, Mi
Country: United States
Posts: 57
vCash: 500
Griffins released their training camp roster today.

http://www.griffinshockey.com/news/r...rticle_id=2232

griffs is offline  
Old
10-02-2012, 03:41 PM
  #53
ChadS
Registered User
 
ChadS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,807
vCash: 500
Mike Knuble is skating with the Griffins. Day 2 of training camp today.

I wonder if they'll have a stream for the scrimmage on Friday or the pre-season games during the weekend? Would be very cool to see them. And if anyone knows of any streams for regular season games, I'm sure many would like to watch those games.

ChadS is online now  
Old
10-02-2012, 03:48 PM
  #54
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!
 
ProPAIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Paris
Country: Belgium
Posts: 11,781
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
Mike Knuble is skating with the Griffins. Day 2 of training camp today.

I wonder if they'll have a stream for the scrimmage on Friday or the pre-season games during the weekend? Would be very cool to see them. And if anyone knows of any streams for regular season games, I'm sure many would like to watch those games.
About 40+ photos of training camp available on DRW facebook page


ProPAIN is offline  
Old
10-02-2012, 05:02 PM
  #55
TNigs
Registered User
 
TNigs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
And if anyone knows of any streams for regular season games, I'm sure many would like to watch those games.
redwingslive.net I can't wait for the Griffins season at least I'll be able to watch some hockey.

TNigs is offline  
Old
10-02-2012, 08:18 PM
  #56
newfy
Registered User
 
newfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,803
vCash: 500
It might not just be me and about four or five others posting about the griffs this year like in years past lol

Heres a cool little video http://video.redwings.nhl.com/videoc...sole?id=187323

newfy is offline  
Old
10-02-2012, 09:37 PM
  #57
Winger98
Moderator
powers combined
 
Winger98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 13,984
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
It might not just be me and about four or five others posting about the griffs this year like in years past lol

Heres a cool little video http://video.redwings.nhl.com/videoc...sole?id=187323
are there video streams for many Griffins games? If so, maybe we could set up GDTs for the Griffin games or something. Just something to spark some interest while this lockout mess is going on.

__________________
blah, blah, blah
Winger98 is online now  
Old
10-02-2012, 10:03 PM
  #58
newfy
Registered User
 
newfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
are there video streams for many Griffins games? If so, maybe we could set up GDTs for the Griffin games or something. Just something to spark some interest while this lockout mess is going on.
I watch them at redwingslive.net but you have to fill out an application type thing and get acceptance for there. Seems like the games may be on fox sports detroit this year though which will open up more streams.

I would be interested in that, I love watchin the AHL and following the prospects. This year will be really good with all the young guys coming in like Jurco and Sheahan

newfy is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 04:28 PM
  #59
ChadS
Registered User
 
ChadS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,807
vCash: 500
Q&A with coach Blashill: http://www.mlive.com/griffins/index....lashill_s.html

The goalie situation is pretty interesting, looking forward to seeing how they handle that. Overall, Jurco is probably the player I'm most excited about in GR this season.

ChadS is online now  
Old
10-03-2012, 04:37 PM
  #60
newfy
Registered User
 
newfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
Q&A with coach Blashill: http://www.mlive.com/griffins/index....lashill_s.html

The goalie situation is pretty interesting, looking forward to seeing how they handle that. Overall, Jurco is probably the player I'm most excited about in GR this season.
I'm interested in getting a close look at him against men but I have trouble getting really excited for rookies cause they usually get **** on for ice time. That said, Jurco isnt like most rookies that have come along lately.

After Jurco, I'm excited to see how Sheahans power forward style game can translate to the NHL, and how he holds up to how nasty the AHL can be to a physical rookie.

The fourth line from last year will be guys to watch, Callahan and Aubry were 2 of the most fun guys to watch last year. I'm hoping the wings have a Gaustad in Aubry but time will tell

newfy is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 05:08 PM
  #61
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,107
vCash: 500
Most guys will be very interesting to follow, but especially Jurco and Almqvist for me.

joe89 is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 11:10 AM
  #62
Frk It
#FireHolland
 
Frk It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 10,184
vCash: 500
Going to a Griffins game on the 19th, pretty excited to watch the team Went to a Rochester-Scranton pre-season game last night and I enjoyed it.

Frk It is online now  
Old
10-04-2012, 03:41 PM
  #63
newfy
Registered User
 
newfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frk It View Post
Going to a Griffins game on the 19th, pretty excited to watch the team Went to a Rochester-Scranton pre-season game last night and I enjoyed it.
AHL hockey can be a lot more entertaining then NHL hockey because its a lot of young guys trying to prove their worth. It also gets really rough most games and I enjoy that

newfy is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 05:21 PM
  #64
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,107
vCash: 500
Anywhere to read about the camp?

joe89 is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 08:22 PM
  #65
sarcastro
Registered User
 
sarcastro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 12,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
I'm interested in getting a close look at him against men but I have trouble getting really excited for rookies cause they usually get **** on for ice time. That said, Jurco isnt like most rookies that have come along lately.

After Jurco, I'm excited to see how Sheahans power forward style game can translate to the NHL, and how he holds up to how nasty the AHL can be to a physical rookie.

The fourth line from last year will be guys to watch, Callahan and Aubry were 2 of the most fun guys to watch last year. I'm hoping the wings have a Gaustad in Aubry but time will tell
Don't say I didn't warn you about this guy...he will NEVER be a power forward. Checking center, maybe. Power forward, no.

sarcastro is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 08:35 PM
  #66
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable
 
Guru Meditation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
Don't say I didn't warn you about this guy...he will NEVER be a power forward. Checking center, maybe. Power forward, no.
In a world where Franzen is a power forward, anybody can be one.

Guru Meditation is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 10:17 PM
  #67
sarcastro
Registered User
 
sarcastro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 12,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eerie Hurdler View Post
In a world where Franzen is a power forward, anybody can be one.
If Sheahan matches Franzen's developmental curve, we can expect him to be a PKer in 2017-18, and a power forward sometime in 2020.

This is me holding my breath waiting another 8 years for him to develop...he has so much development to do before he's even a viable 13th forward. No hands.

sarcastro is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 11:53 PM
  #68
Frk It
#FireHolland
 
Frk It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 10,184
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
This is me holding my breath waiting another 8 years for him to develop...he has so much development to do before he's even a viable 13th forward. No hands.



Frk It is online now  
Old
10-05-2012, 05:20 AM
  #69
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo
 
TheFatOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,467
vCash: 500
if nhl-lockout


Nyqvist - Andersson - Brunner
Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco
Glendening - Aubry - Ferraro
Parkes - Raedeke - Callahan



Paetsch - Smith
Evans - Almqvist
Lashoff - Nicastro


Mrazek
MacDonald

TheFatOne is offline  
Old
10-05-2012, 06:30 AM
  #70
ChadS
Registered User
 
ChadS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,807
vCash: 500


Quote:
Originally Posted by landskronala View Post
if nhl-lockout

Nyqvist - Andersson - Brunner
Looks like Brunner won't be coming to GR. Apparently he'll only come over if the NHL starts.

ChadS is online now  
Old
10-05-2012, 07:58 AM
  #71
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!
 
ProPAIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Paris
Country: Belgium
Posts: 11,781
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by landskronala View Post
if nhl-lockout


Nyqvist - Andersson - Brunner
Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco
Glendening - Aubry - Ferraro
Parkes - Raedeke - Callahan



Paetsch - Smith
Evans - Almqvist
Lashoff - Nicastro


Mrazek
MacDonald
This is pretty much it I think. Although Brunner might not play in GR. MacDonald was looking for NHL action, but now that there's the lockout he'll be happy to stay in GR.

It's a solid forward lineup (even without Brunner). Defense, we'll have to wait and see. Don't know much about Evans or Paetsch.

Looking foward to seeing Mrazek much more. He was a boss at the WJC.

ProPAIN is offline  
Old
10-05-2012, 08:00 AM
  #72
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!
 
ProPAIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Paris
Country: Belgium
Posts: 11,781
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
Looks like Brunner won't be coming to GR. Apparently he'll only come over if the NHL starts.
Do you know why? Money? Is the Swiss league that much better than the AHL? It can't be IT, he'd get the same in GR. He probably doesn't want to leave since he's tearing up the Swiss league right now

ProPAIN is offline  
Old
10-05-2012, 08:14 AM
  #73
ChadS
Registered User
 
ChadS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,807
vCash: 500
He originally had a contract with Zug for 2012-13, so he feels that he should fulfill that commitment while the NHL is locked out. I think he would come over if the NHL starts and either play in GR or Detroit. This accoring to an interview a while back.

ChadS is online now  
Old
10-05-2012, 09:30 AM
  #74
sully61
Unregistered User
 
sully61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,441
vCash: 500
You guys are forgetting about pare

sully61 is offline  
Old
10-05-2012, 09:31 AM
  #75
Harnessed in Slums
Registered User
 
Harnessed in Slums's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the Garage
Posts: 9,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
If Sheahan matches Franzen's developmental curve, we can expect him to be a PKer in 2017-18, and a power forward sometime in 2020.

This is me holding my breath waiting another 8 years for him to develop...he has so much development to do before he's even a viable 13th forward. No hands.
The part about questioning his offensive potential is reasonable, the rest is obviously sarcastro hyberbole...but hyperbole nonetheless. Sheahan could easily be a very solid 3rd or 4th line center and have a very long NHL career. And it could start as soon as there is NHL hockey to be played.

I think he could benefit as much if not moreso than any DRW prospect with the lockout. Notre Dame was a less than ideal situation for Sheahan to develop. He'll never get a better opportunity than he will in GR to develop any semblance of a pulse as a top 6 forward.

Harnessed in Slums is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:14 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.