HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Official 2012 Patriots/NFL Thread Part II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-04-2012, 07:34 PM
  #201
Kirk- NEHJ
Registered User
 
Kirk- NEHJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: CAV Country!
Country: United States
Posts: 12,745
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post
Chandler Jones: Defensive Rookie of the Month - 3 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, 17 tackles in 4 games.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...month/related/
Damn it feels good to be a gangsta...

Just think of the impact this guy will make when he's got more experience under his belt- probably going to be the kind of player the Pats had with Richard Seymour.

Great pick and Don'ta Hightower is no slouch, either.

So long as these two stay healthy and keep developing the sky's the limit.

Kirk- NEHJ is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 07:37 PM
  #202
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Kate08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Medford MA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,880
vCash: 500
I'm having a dilemma.

Do I start Peyton Manning or Flacco this week?

I hate when a key player on my fantasy team plays the Patriots. Ugh.

Kate08 is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 08:37 PM
  #203
EverettMike
Registered User
 
EverettMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Everett, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
I'm having a dilemma.

Do I start Peyton Manning or Flacco this week?

I hate when a key player on my fantasy team plays the Patriots. Ugh.
Flacco.

Against KC.

Manning can't throw deep, Pats know it, I know it, you know it, Peyton knows it.

EverettMike is online now  
Old
10-04-2012, 08:39 PM
  #204
Hnidy Hnight
Registered User
 
Hnidy Hnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: North of Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
I'm having a dilemma.

Do I start Peyton Manning or Flacco this week?

I hate when a key player on my fantasy team plays the Patriots. Ugh.
I quit fantasy sports for that very reason.

Hnidy Hnight is online now  
Old
10-05-2012, 04:22 AM
  #205
FutureConsiderations
Registered User
 
FutureConsiderations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Brookline, MA
Country: Ireland
Posts: 20,449
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
Flacco.

Against KC.

Manning can't throw deep, Pats know it, I know it, you know it, Peyton knows it.
Agreed. I have no qualms about starters playing vs. NE but Manning can't throw deep and with a dinged-up line, he might not survive the game. NFL folks say he's healthy but my eyes disagree.

FutureConsiderations is offline  
Old
10-05-2012, 05:58 PM
  #206
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Kate08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Medford MA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,880
vCash: 500
Friend just got tickets for Sunday and asked me to go. Havent been to a Pats game in years. Yessssssssssss

Kate08 is offline  
Old
10-05-2012, 11:56 PM
  #207
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL
 
VeddarRants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 12,431
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk- NEHJ View Post
Damn it feels good to be a gangsta...

Just think of the impact this guy will make when he's got more experience under his belt- probably going to be the kind of player the Pats had with Richard Seymour.

Great pick and Don'ta Hightower is no slouch, either.

So long as these two stay healthy and keep developing the sky's the limit.
I hope someday someone makes this the theme song to a Chandler Jones highlight video. Sacking those QB's like a copy printer.


VeddarRants is offline  
Old
10-06-2012, 08:23 AM
  #208
WBC8
Registered User
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: HFL 4 Life
Country: United States
Posts: 34,655
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk- NEHJ View Post
Damn it feels good to be a gangsta...

Just think of the impact this guy will make when he's got more experience under his belt- probably going to be the kind of player the Pats had with Richard Seymour.

Great pick and Don'ta Hightower is no slouch, either.

So long as these two stay healthy and keep developing the sky's the limit.
Still in shock the Jets drafted Coples over him. He was right there for them, and they fell for the hype...again.

WBC8 is online now  
Old
10-07-2012, 11:08 AM
  #209
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86
 
Guiledoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Bing, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Still in shock the Jets drafted Coples over him. He was right there for them, and they fell for the hype...again.
And that is why the Jets are a stupid football team and franchise.

Guiledoom is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 11:14 AM
  #210
Alicat
Charge!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BOSTON
Country: United States
Posts: 20,702
vCash: 500
Really hoping the rain holds off for the game. :

__________________
"I choose to focus on the things I CAN do and am passionate about." - Sam Berns

I am Boston Strong
6.15.11
4.15.13

Alicat is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 11:15 AM
  #211
Alicat
Charge!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BOSTON
Country: United States
Posts: 20,702
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
Friend just got tickets for Sunday and asked me to go. Havent been to a Pats game in years. Yessssssssssss
Wahoooo!

Alicat is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 12:06 PM
  #212
chuckdobbins
Moderator
 
chuckdobbins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 24,295
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
Really hoping the rain holds off for the game. :
Nothing worse than being stuck outside when it's both cold AND rainy

chuckdobbins is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 01:05 PM
  #213
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86
 
Guiledoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Bing, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,329
vCash: 500
Man does Michael Vick absolutely suck or what. Eagles really need to move on from him.

Guiledoom is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 01:43 PM
  #214
chuckdobbins
Moderator
 
chuckdobbins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 24,295
vCash: 50
I'm no Greek God, but after seeing him stroll into the stadium just now I can say that I might actually have broader shoulders than Peyton Manning.

chuckdobbins is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 01:57 PM
  #215
EverettMike
Registered User
 
EverettMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Everett, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,343
vCash: 500
Deirdorf - "That's how you finish a guy off. Put him on his back."

......................

Am I allowed to write the joke myself or is that a violation?

EverettMike is online now  
Old
10-07-2012, 06:19 PM
  #216
Mione134
Registered User
 
Mione134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hogwarts-617
Country: United States
Posts: 10,598
vCash: 500
McCourty needs to go.

or have someone come in and teach him how to play because he is insufferable.

Mione134 is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 06:34 PM
  #217
MSPGabe
Born & Bred In Maine
 
MSPGabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Minneapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 1,920
vCash: 500
*******.

Did a 10 team/over/under parlay with the afternoon games/MNF.

Had SF not scored that junk TD, I would've had a $5 bet potentially turn into $12,000, had the Texans covered and been over.

Gah.

MSPGabe is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 06:57 PM
  #218
chuckdobbins
Moderator
 
chuckdobbins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 24,295
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
Deirdorf - "That's how you finish a guy off. Put him on his back."

......................

Am I allowed to write the joke myself or is that a violation?
I feel like an, "AND THEN..." should be attached to the end of that quote.

chuckdobbins is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 07:12 PM
  #219
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor
 
Hank Chinaski's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,342
vCash: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mione134 View Post
McCourty needs to go.

or have someone come in and teach him how to play because he is insufferable.
I don't understand how they can continue to leave him out there on an island, he just keeps getting picked on time and time again. Stick him inside as a nickel corner where he won't get exposed.

Hank Chinaski is offline  
Old
10-08-2012, 03:42 PM
  #220
Alicat
Charge!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BOSTON
Country: United States
Posts: 20,702
vCash: 500
Kevin Faulk has officially retired.

K. Feezy Good afternoon twitter nation yes it is official I m going to let Gods next plan in my life take its course an retire from the game I love!


https://twitter.com/feezy_k/status/255369678975811584

Alicat is offline  
Old
10-08-2012, 05:18 PM
  #221
Shaun
beauty
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 21,207
vCash: 50
now he can enjoy all the weezy concerts he wants without having to get worried about being drug tested.

Shaun is offline  
Old
10-08-2012, 07:27 PM
  #222
Mancini0518
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: MA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,870
vCash: 500
Just saw on another site that the stadium is 1/3 full for the monday night game tonight. I went on stub hub and saw that you can get lower bowl 50 yard line seats for $50. If this continues it would probable be cheaper to head there when the pats play than go to gillette.

Mancini0518 is offline  
Old
10-08-2012, 08:51 PM
  #223
ksp1957
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: South Shore
Posts: 16,809
vCash: 361
Send a message via AIM to ksp1957
I watched 2 minutes of the Pat/Broncos game. Why is it whenever I see Manning directing traffic at the line of scrimmage, I want to see his hands cut off ?

ksp1957 is offline  
Old
10-09-2012, 05:48 AM
  #224
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!
 
GloryDaze4877's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Sticks (West MA)
Country: United States
Posts: 21,985
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mione134 View Post
McCourty needs to go.

or have someone come in and teach him how to play because he is insufferable.
I don't think this is entirely true. Seens like 80% of the time, DMC's coverage is just fine? All someone needs to teach him to do is turn his head around before the ball gets there, so he stops getting flagged for INT. Can't complain too much about the underthrown balls, there isn't a DB in the league that doesn't get beat on those plays.

As far as the game goes, wasn't as close as it appeared. I know why BB tried to put the dagger in on that 4th down play in the 4th, he has seen Manning come back too many times, and was trying to avoid that, but he almost made it worse. He should have just played it by the book and made PM go 85-90 yards instead of 40.

Just found out I am taking customers to the BUF game on the 9th. Hope the weather is good.

GloryDaze4877 is offline  
Old
10-09-2012, 09:47 AM
  #225
Alicat
Charge!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BOSTON
Country: United States
Posts: 20,702
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
I don't think this is entirely true. Seens like 80% of the time, DMC's coverage is just fine? All someone needs to teach him to do is turn his head around before the ball gets there, so he stops getting flagged for INT. Can't complain too much about the underthrown balls, there isn't a DB in the league that doesn't get beat on those plays.

As far as the game goes, wasn't as close as it appeared. I know why BB tried to put the dagger in on that 4th down play in the 4th, he has seen Manning come back too many times, and was trying to avoid that, but he almost made it worse. He should have just played it by the book and made PM go 85-90 yards instead of 40.

Just found out I am taking customers to the BUF game on the 9th. Hope the weather is good.
The voice of reason when it comes to DMac. He's not as terrible as some think he is.

Alicat is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:23 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.