HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12-13' Prospects Thread Part XI: Morgan Rielly is God

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-04-2012, 09:32 PM
  #26
Sergei Berezin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 6,109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
That's what we said about the BlueJays GDT. When there's nothing else on, there will be a huge influx of people. Whether that's creating an actual discussion, or the more likely "Nice shot Frattin!", etc. It fills up pretty quick. Way too difficult to talk about the game and have a discussion about something else in the same thread.

The Marlies playoff GDT was pretty busy aswell.
That's not what I wanna read about, though

Sergei Berezin is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 09:34 PM
  #27
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 56,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
That's what we said about the BlueJays GDT. When there's nothing else on, there will be a huge influx of people. Whether that's creating an actual discussion, or the more likely "Nice shot Frattin!", etc. It fills up pretty quick. Way too difficult to talk about the game and have a discussion about something else in the same thread.

The Marlies playoff GDT was pretty busy aswell.
Yes, we don't want game discussions going on in the prospects threads.

__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA3LN_8hjM8.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
ULF_55 is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 09:34 PM
  #28
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 71,529
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
He's a machine. There were high expectations after his playoff performance in his rookie year. He's really stepped up.
I'm very glad that he's able to perform without Lessio. I was sort of scare that his production might have dropped.

__________________
Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 09:34 PM
  #29
KlattNazty
Registered User
 
KlattNazty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,339
vCash: 500
Agreed.

Would prefer a discussion for JR / NCAA / euro prospects, and the pro prospects aside from a GDT and PGT.

KlattNazty is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 09:36 PM
  #30
crump
~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
 
crump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ontariariario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,233
vCash: 671
I think it was decided(in the last Marlies thread) to keep the prospect thread as is, and have marlies GDT's

With the lockout you are going to have more news articles posted about the Marlies in the main thread area anyway.

crump is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 09:36 PM
  #31
Leafs at Knight
Offenders Beware
 
Leafs at Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: London, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,673
vCash: 500
Thought Sparks got a SO. Nope backup goalie was playing -.- Saw Guelph won 5-0 thought Finn might have got a couple points, nope -.-

Leafs at Knight is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 09:38 PM
  #32
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 71,529
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
That's what we said about the BlueJays GDT. When there's nothing else on, there will be a huge influx of people. Whether that's creating an actual discussion, or the more likely "Nice shot Frattin!", etc. It fills up pretty quick. Way too difficult to talk about the game and have a discussion about something else in the same thread.

The Marlies playoff GDT was pretty busy aswell.
With the leafs exiting the playoffs early and the marlies thriving, I made sure we have a marlies GDT prefix. If anyone really wants to start it up, they should feel free to do so. I might start it even, but I see mikabel has dibs on it first so let him. It will fill up pretty easily since Im likely going to be hearing the radio

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 09:39 PM
  #33
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 71,529
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crump View Post
I think it was decided(in the last Marlies thread) to keep the prospect thread as is, and have marlies GDT's

With the lockout you are going to have more news articles posted about the Marlies in the main thread area anyway.
We currently have 42 viewers in this thread as we speak lol.

I am a prospect geek and always was here religiously last year and I think the max we had was 15.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 09:41 PM
  #34
JVR2112
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post
Thought Sparks got a SO. Nope backup goalie was playing -.- Saw Guelph won 5-0 thought Finn might have got a couple points, nope -.-
Apparently Sparks was playing.

JVR2112 is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 09:44 PM
  #35
Leafs at Knight
Offenders Beware
 
Leafs at Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: London, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,673
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR2112 View Post
Apparently Sparks was playing.
The OHL website shows the other guy was playing.

Leafs at Knight is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 09:45 PM
  #36
JVR2112
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
We currently have 42 viewers in this thread as we speak lol.

I am a prospect geek and always was here religiously last year and I think the max we had was 15.
Following our prospects is getting excited. I think we got a few late round steals that could really become useful.

JVR2112 is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 09:46 PM
  #37
JVR2112
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post
The OHL website shows the other guy was playing.
Yeah think it was a typo.

JVR2112 is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 09:48 PM
  #38
Everlong
-
 
Everlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,486
vCash: 500
Damn, was hoping Leivo could complete the trick.

Everlong is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 09:49 PM
  #39
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,266
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
With the leafs exiting the playoffs early and the marlies thriving, I made sure we have a marlies GDT prefix. If anyone really wants to start it up, they should feel free to do so. I might start it even, but I see mikabel has dibs on it first so let him. It will fill up pretty easily since Im likely going to be hearing the radio


How dare you spell my name wrong, haha im kidding, but i have one question, should I start one for just regular season or also pre season. thanks

mikebel111 is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 09:49 PM
  #40
Leafs at Knight
Offenders Beware
 
Leafs at Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: London, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,673
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR2112 View Post
Yeah think it was a typo.
Yea it must've been, shows Sparks as the 2nd star , my bad. Good for him, 2 good games in a row.

Also Finn got the first star, and got no points. Atta boy.


Last edited by Leafs at Knight: 10-04-2012 at 09:57 PM.
Leafs at Knight is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 09:50 PM
  #41
Snap24
Registered User
 
Snap24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 165
vCash: 500
Watching Eakins interview today, apparently Kadri and Aucoin are meshing really well. I'm not surprised they would have instant chemistry since they're both so skilled. Also, Greg Scott is getting a chance on that line, should be fun to watch.

http://video.mapleleafs.nhl.com/videocenter/console

Edit: Didn't read the first page.. kinda been touched on already but still gonna be some nifty plays with those two.

Snap24 is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 10:09 PM
  #42
Kulemon
Registered User
 
Kulemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,482
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post
Yea it must've been, shows Sparks as the 2nd star , my bad. Good for him, 2 good games in a row.

Also Finn got the first star, and got no points. Atta boy.
Expect some more shutouts from Sparks this season. He's amazing. Not John Gibson amazing, but amazing.

Finn must have been really frickin great if he got first star in a 5-0 win with no points

Kulemon is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 10:11 PM
  #43
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 71,529
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebel111 View Post
How dare you spell my name wrong, haha im kidding, but i have one question, should I start one for just regular season or also pre season. thanks
Lol
I made it for you and stickied, it's open you can customize/edit that post as much as you like.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 10:18 PM
  #44
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,947
vCash: 0
Of course I know this, but for those who don't, does someone want to explain what GDT and PGT stand for? Too much work for me to type it all out...

Grant is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 10:30 PM
  #45
IBeL13f
Registered User
 
IBeL13f's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,843
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
Of course I know this, but for those who don't, does someone want to explain what GDT and PGT stand for? Too much work for me to type it all out...
GDT is the Game-Day Thread, PGT is Post-Game Thread, for anyone wondering.

IBeL13f is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 10:32 PM
  #46
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 56,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBeL13f View Post
GDT is the Game-Day Thread, PGT is Post-Game Thread, for anyone wondering.
We added one in the last couple years because we had some much pre-game discussion.

ULF_55 is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 10:35 PM
  #47
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,947
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBeL13f View Post
GDT is the Game-Day Thread, PGT is Post-Game Thread, for anyone wondering.
Thanks, helped me...helped others out a lot.

Grant is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 10:35 PM
  #48
Sergei Berezin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 6,109
vCash: 500
I noticed some Marlies players changed their numbers.

Gardiner #19 (not sure if this is what he wore when he was playing in the playoffs last year or not)
Holzer #5
McKegg #39 (instead of his usual #69 rookie #)
Deschamps #9


Anyone notice any other numbers in that Eakins video?



Also, for those who watched that video - how good did Kadri look? He looked very good in that short video they showed of him.

I like what Devane (#33) was doing out there, too.

Sergei Berezin is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 10:40 PM
  #49
Brody
Lol
 
Brody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: LA
Posts: 7,600
vCash: 50
Woo, got ma table back, thanks LR<3

Percy looked very good defensively tonight btw, also added an assist, was impressed.

Brody is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 10:48 PM
  #50
FishManSam
Bobs Yummy Burgers!
 
FishManSam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: I Bet You Hate T.O
Country: Croatia
Posts: 5,129
vCash: 500
Finn first star, without any points in a 5-0 win? How da hell?


FishManSam is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.