HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the League 2012-12 I: Gary and Donald sitting in a tree

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-27-2012, 04:57 PM
  #176
Cynthesis
Registered User
 
Cynthesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Denver, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 974
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDZen View Post
I guess it doesn't matter, but whats the deal with RoR still not being signed?
I think I saw an article somewhere saying RoR was going to wait until a new cba is created before he starts talking with the Avs again.

Cynthesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 07:38 PM
  #177
Elever
Hth
 
Elever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,480
vCash: 500
^ I don't believe teams can actually sign new roster players till there's a CBA.

Btw is it just me or is Brendan Shanahan starting to look like Snape?


Elever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 07:39 PM
  #178
Elever
Hth
 
Elever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
My interest in hockey is in hibernation, as much as I looked forward to this season I am a bit surprised by how little I am interested in any aspect of hockey other than NHL getting going again.

Weird that my interest in other leagues seems less when NHL isn't on since I should have more time to follow them, but for some reason it's like that.

Wake me up when NHL starts.
Can't you just watch SEL? Pretty good league, saw a period of Brynas vs Linkhoping. Would've watched the whole game if it was English commentary. That Gunderson kid is awesome.

Elever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 08:56 AM
  #179
Freudian
No Guenin, No cry
 
Freudian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 30,943
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietCompany View Post
Can't you just watch SEL? Pretty good league, saw a period of Brynas vs Linkhoping. Would've watched the whole game if it was English commentary. That Gunderson kid is awesome.
I'm not all that into SEL. Too much of perimeter hockey and my favorite team is in the Tier below it. I usually catch some of the playoffs but regular season isn't all that interesting to me.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 02:53 PM
  #180
RockLobster
Moderator
Beatles Guru
 
RockLobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kansas
Country: Germany
Posts: 12,887
vCash: 500
Well...the first Regular Season games have been cancelled, through 10/24/12.

We'll see if this lights a fire under BOTH the Owners AND the Players to get a deal done.

But I did like this Tweet from Henrik Lundquvist

Quote:
Henrik Lundqvist ‏@HLundqvist30
Feels like I'm going to practice without a purpose, and I hate it! Don and Gary, let's figure this one out! #NHLHockey #theplayers #thefans
The NHLPA SHOULD be putting some pressure on Don Fehr to make sure HE knows that he works for them, and that a good deal when it comes down to it, is a 50/50 split

RockLobster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 03:06 PM
  #181
Ceremony
Moderator
There is Only You
 
Ceremony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 77,281
vCash: 18726
SIGH. s

__________________
ďItís embarrassing. Iím embarrassed to be here right now. Itís not even funny. And itís just embarrassing, the way we, you know, the energy we have in the room and the way we approach practices and the way we approach this game. Itís not how youíre going to win any games in this league." - Jean-Sebastien Giguere, April 8 2013
Ceremony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 03:40 PM
  #182
Elever
Hth
 
Elever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,480
vCash: 500
It's kinda exciting for some twisted reason.

Elever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 04:14 PM
  #183
electricjib
Registered User
 
electricjib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 6,697
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietCompany View Post
It's kinda exciting for some twisted reason.
Won't lie, if we win the lottery for the draft after the lockout i'm MORE than ok with this.... Seth freakin JONES!!!

electricjib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 04:17 PM
  #184
Abduljabbar
Rookie User
 
Abduljabbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: West Virginia/CO
Country: Saudi Arabia
Posts: 232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
Well...the first Regular Season games have been cancelled, through 10/24/12.

We'll see if this lights a fire under BOTH the Owners AND the Players to get a deal done.

But I did like this Tweet from Henrik Lundquvist



The NHLPA SHOULD be putting some pressure on Don Fehr to make sure HE knows that he works for them, and that a good deal when it comes down to it, is a 50/50 split
Get some enforces to intimidate him and all bets are off. His big union-boss ego needs to be deflated.

Abduljabbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 05:00 PM
  #185
Frenchy
Global Moderator
 
Frenchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Alma, QC.
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,438
vCash: 0
You guys are talking about pressure, i think the pressure will come when the players wont be receiving their first couple of paychecks AND on the NHL side the pressure could come when ESPN will broadcast games from the KHL .

Frenchy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 05:31 PM
  #186
AMDZen
Moon June Spoon Goon
 
AMDZen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Denver
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
You guys are talking about pressure, i think the pressure will come when the players wont be receiving their first couple of paychecks AND on the NHL side the pressure could come when ESPN will broadcast games from the KHL .
Thats on ESPN3, which is online only. Hardly anybody will even get on their computers to watch it. I don't see hardly any pressure there at all really

AMDZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 09:49 PM
  #187
Frenchy
Global Moderator
 
Frenchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Alma, QC.
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,438
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDZen View Post
Thats on ESPN3, which is online only. Hardly anybody will even get on their computers to watch it. I don't see hardly any pressure there at all really
That's completely different, then . The medias arround here said ESPN , that's the first time i hear ESPN3.

thanks for the correction .

Frenchy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 10:44 PM
  #188
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy
 
expatriated_texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Fairbanks, AK
Country: United States
Posts: 7,446
vCash: 500
I know it's nothing more than a mere drop in the bucket to the NHL but my CI package is now cancelled and I've got season tickets to watch UAF (local college) this season instead. I also hope to catch a bunch of the local junior A team (Ice Dogs) as well. I'd love to say I'll never go back the NHL...but damn, I hate making myself a liar. At least for this season though, I've tied up my money and fandom elsewhere.

I hope to still be a regular lurker and infrequent poster but just wanted to wish y'all the best on finding local hockey to while the time away. Good luck!

expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 11:02 PM
  #189
chet1926
Registered User
 
chet1926's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 4,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriated_texan View Post
I know it's nothing more than a mere drop in the bucket to the NHL but my CI package is now cancelled and I've got season tickets to watch UAF (local college) this season instead. I also hope to catch a bunch of the local junior A team (Ice Dogs) as well. I'd love to say I'll never go back the NHL...but damn, I hate making myself a liar. At least for this season though, I've tied up my money and fandom elsewhere.

I hope to still be a regular lurker and infrequent poster but just wanted to wish y'all the best on finding local hockey to while the time away. Good luck!
I support you 100%, I'm going to do about the same. I'm going to try to catch a bunch of DU games and hopefully some Cutthroat (CHL) and Eagles (ECHL) games as well. Even if the Avs come back this year I don't plan on giving them any of my money I'd rather give it those other teams at least they deserve it.

As far as I'm concerned the only way the NHL/NHLPA can buy back my loyalty after/if they come back is to start coughing up some free tickets/merchandise to their loyal fans who have to put up this garbage every 7 years.

chet1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 11:09 PM
  #190
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy
 
expatriated_texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Fairbanks, AK
Country: United States
Posts: 7,446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
I support you 100%, I'm going to do about the same. I'm going to try to catch a bunch of DU games and hopefully some Cutthroat (CHL) and Eagles (ECHL) games as well. Even if the Avs come back this year I don't plan on giving them any of my money I'd rather give it those other teams at least they deserve it.

As far as I'm concerned the only way the NHL/NHLPA can buy back my loyalty after/if they come back is to start coughing up some free tickets/merchandise to their loyal fans who have to put up this garbage every 7 years.
The best thing fans can do is just think of the NHL like the Olympics but in reverse. Instead of a month of great hockey with four years off, we get a half dozen years of hockey and then take a year off.

expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 03:15 PM
  #191
Freudian
No Guenin, No cry
 
Freudian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 30,943
vCash: 50
Nice offer by NHL. I fear Fehr will screw it up by asking for much more.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 03:22 PM
  #192
Qurpiz
Unregistered Abuser
 
Qurpiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Nice offer by NHL. I fear Fehr will screw it up by asking for much more.
Fehr said he hopes this offer could be the basis for the deal, so, not throwing it out the window immediately. Which is a reason for optimism IMO

Qurpiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 03:27 PM
  #193
Bubba Thudd
Moderator
#AvsNewAge
 
Bubba Thudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Avaland
Posts: 13,017
vCash: 1200
As long as Fehr only tries to tweak the offer and not torque it, we should have NHL hockey soon.

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 03:31 PM
  #194
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 4,984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Nice offer by NHL. I fear Fehr will screw it up by asking for much more.
Agreed that this is a good offer from the NHL

Agreed that Fehr will be a complete selfish *** that will want the most out of the deal.

Good news is the deal is for six years.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 03:51 PM
  #195
GamingGiant
Registered User
 
GamingGiant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 2,768
vCash: 500
(Fingers Crossed) Come back hockey!

GamingGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 04:52 PM
  #196
Bubba Thudd
Moderator
#AvsNewAge
 
Bubba Thudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Avaland
Posts: 13,017
vCash: 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Agreed that this is a good offer from the NHL

Agreed that Fehr will be a complete selfish *** that will want the most out of the deal.

Good news is the deal is for six years.
8, 10, or even 12 years would be better, IMO.

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 04:57 PM
  #197
Nihiliste
Registered User
 
Nihiliste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricjib View Post
Won't lie, if we win the lottery for the draft after the lockout i'm MORE than ok with this.... Seth freakin JONES!!!
It's just as possible that we pick like 26th or something though.
Lottery is too risky - also a very good chance of some the league's rich getting richer.

Though yes, if the stars aligned and we picked top 5 I'd be pretty ok with the year.

Nihiliste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 05:12 PM
  #198
Freudian
No Guenin, No cry
 
Freudian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 30,943
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
8, 10, or even 12 years would be better, IMO.
The longer until these idiots get the chance to screw things up again, the better.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 06:20 PM
  #199
iAvs
JUST WIN
 
iAvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Country: Italy
Posts: 7,474
vCash: 500
Please don't screw this up. The NHL has a respectable deal on the table... let's drop the puck!!!

iAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 08:33 PM
  #200
BoxOfChocolates
Registered User
 
BoxOfChocolates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Stankonia
Posts: 7,993
vCash: 500
If the players don't agree to a deal soon they can honestly go **** themselves.

BoxOfChocolates is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.