HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Boone Jenner

Old
10-04-2012, 06:26 PM
Mystifo
Lol Doodle.

vCash: 500
Boone Jenner

Just looking for some feedback on the kid. As a leafs fan I really like the kid and have taken a notice to him from watching Biggs on the Generals. What would it take to pry him away? (Assuming he is not a piece you would love to keep. If so I understand completely.)

Mystifo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 06:28 PM
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?

Send a message via AIM to Jovavic
Not really looking to move him, he fills a need, it's not like the Jackets are swimming in forward prospects

Jovavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 06:29 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

He would be a piece we would keep unless someone overpays for him. Us CBJ fans understand he won't put up these types of numbers that he's putting up right now in the OHL, but he will for sure be a serviceable 2nd/3rd line player.

CBJBrassard16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 06:33 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post
Just looking for some feedback on the kid. As a leafs fan I really like the kid and have taken a notice to him from watching Biggs on the Generals. What would it take to pry him away? (Assuming he is not a piece you would love to keep. If so I understand completely.)
The question is whether Jenner is someone who projects to be a third-liner in the Pascal Dupuis mold, or whether he projects to be a first-liner in the Mike Richards mold.

I think that Columbus, which has traditionally lacked high-end two-way forwards, would rather keep him and find out rather than move him.

Since that doesn't really answer your question, the short answer is "a lot".

Last edited by Mayor Bee: 10-04-2012 at 11:18 PM.
Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 06:35 PM
v3rs3

Send a message via AIM to v3rs3
An overpayment, that's pretty much what his value would be. Not available, IMO.

v3rs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 08:42 PM
clefty
What a nice fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
The question is whether Jenner is someone who projects to be a third-liner in the Chris Kunitz mold, or whether he projects to be a first-liner in the Mike Richards mold.
Since when was Chris Kunitz a third liner? Talk about an optimistic floor/ceiling.

clefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 09:48 PM
candyman82

I don't think the Jackets have any interest in moving him

candyman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 10:16 PM
MovesLikeJagr68

Quote:
Originally Posted by clefty View Post
Since when was Chris Kunitz a third liner? Talk about an optimistic floor/ceiling.
Haha yea. Kunitz plays on the top lines over the last half decade with some of the best players in the league.

MovesLikeJagr68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 10:20 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Still never understand "value of" threads for prospects. We can't get a good roster player for him alone, we don't want lesser pieces that "add up" to his perceived value. I guess a forward prospect who has more offensive upside but is less of a safe bet would be fair in a vacuum, but it would be pointless. Jenner embodies the same style that we're trying to mold into our team identity, not to mention he's exceeding expectations offensively right now, for whatever that's worth. There's zero reason to trade him.

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 10:20 PM

I think he is going to be a high end 3rd line center who goes against the other teams top lines, he will bring alot more than points.

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 10:26 PM
frankthetank91

I'd overpay just for his name. Sounds like a villain in an 80s movie.

frankthetank91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 10:59 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank91 View Post
I'd overpay just for his name. Sounds like a villain in an 80s movie.
Sorry; his name makes him extra-special valuable to us as we don't have enough prospects with elite-level names. We'd need multiple 1sts.

Really, it's just impractical to inquire after him at this stage.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 11:03 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
The question is whether Jenner is someone who projects to be a third-liner in the Chris Kunitz mold, or whether he projects to be a first-liner in the Mike Richards mold.

I think that Columbus, which has traditionally lacked high-end two-way forwards, would rather keep him and find out rather than move him.

Since that doesn't really answer your question, the short answer is "a lot".
LOL!

This means the Jenner is a bonafide top 20 prospect in the league if his downside is only Chris Kunitz, a top line player for majority of his career.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 11:14 PM
Exit Dose

Like most prospects, he isn't worth much. Hold on to him.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 11:18 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by clefty View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovesLikeJagr68 View Post
Haha yea. Kunitz plays on the top lines over the last half decade with some of the best players in the league.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
LOL!

This means the Jenner is a bonafide top 20 prospect in the league if his downside is only Chris Kunitz, a top line player for majority of his career.
Thought "Pascal Dupuis", somehow typed "Chris Kunitz".

My first error of 2012, and it came in October.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 11:27 PM
Tony Clifton Leaf
A Mouthful

vCash: 201
I like Kadri, and believe he will become a good player but if he truly is unhappy (which I doubt) I could see a deal around Kadri and Jenner working out somewhere down the line. Biggs and Jenner could be part of an awesome line someday, playing with someone like JVR. Kadri is a highly skiled offensive player which the Jackets could use.

Tony Clifton Leaf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 12:49 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I really wanted this player for my teams first round pick. I was screaming his name at the television. Ironically, we took Ohio native Connor Murphy instead. I was furious. This big ball of injury mess. This fragile pile of lanky. Inconsolable I was. In yet another layer of unexpected, I changed my mind after seeing Jenner play at the WJCs last winter. He had a great showing, no doubt. Hit like a truck and played with fire. However, he is the worst skater I've ever seen actually playing a game on tv. Much more like Zenon Kenopka than Mike Richards.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 02:05 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobloblawLeaf View Post
I like Kadri, and believe he will become a good player but if he truly is unhappy (which I doubt) I could see a deal around Kadri and Jenner working out somewhere down the line.
I couldn't. By the time we have a better grasp on whether or not we want to keep Jenner long-term, Kadri will either be in the NHL or be a consensus bust.

Old
10-05-2012, 02:18 AM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

Don't want to be Johnny rain cloud, but guys like this just don't get traded unless its as a smaller piece in a trade for a major piece, which given the circumstances of this season and the Nash trade, I don't see that happening

Dr Danglefest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 10:30 AM
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!

Boone Jenner is awesome, I would kill to have him. In-fact, I was 99.9% certain during the draft, he was our guy on pick #25. CBJ should not trade him anytime soon, he is going to be a real deal.

Fearless Leaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 10:48 AM
HockeyGuruPitka

Watched him a bit this season... PHENOMENAL pick CBJ.

HockeyGuruPitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 01:16 PM
Lord Flacko*
Down to let it go

vCash: 907
Dubinsky-Jenner-Foligno is gonna be a sick third line for columbus in the future.

Lord Flacko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 01:29 PM
TSA0402

Probably worth a mid-late 1st round pick right now. Columbus likely wants a top ten pick for him, can't hardly blame them.

You're asking a team that doesn't have alot going on forwards to trade one of their best forward prospects. Its safe to say there isn't much point in Columbus trading Boone Jenner.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 02:03 PM
Stansfield*

Not interested in trading for a guy the Leafs could've and should've drafted themselves.

Stansfield* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 02:08 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by JATT187 View Post
Dubinsky-Jenner-Foligno is gonna be a sick third line for columbus in the future.
I'm sure it was meant with the best of intentions, and I really don't like singling folks out on this... but this comment actually subtly bothers me. Dubinsky, if his shooting percentage rebounds back to normal, is more likely to be on a second line than a third. And the lack of any Jackets roster players who have actually played NHL games for Columbus is... complicated.

The big issue, really, is that there's a frequent pattern among folks assessing the Jackets in that only newcomers and prospects are apparently allowed to get any respect. And this is unfortunately a reminder of that even if that was completely coincidental. It's kind of irritating, and affects even well-intentioned and/or otherwise completely fair comments.