HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New CBA? Are Panthers Well Positioned? (ALL CBA TALK HERE)

Old
09-18-2012, 01:48 PM
Laus723
Future Now

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherbot View Post
If that's how the players look at it then they are not being properly informed...

I really don't understand why people keep pounding the table on the $100 million contracts when in reality, it isn't $100 million because of the clawbacks. The contracts could have been for $1 billion/year, but the players would still not receive more than their share of the revenue.
Of course that's not all that they're looking at, but how anyone can not look at the contracts given and the hear the owners cry about it doesn't find that laughable is beyond me. Both sides are at fault. I don't give a damn, I want my hockey.

09-18-2012, 10:30 PM
pantherbot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Of course that's not all that they're looking at, but how anyone can not look at the contracts given and the hear the owners cry about it doesn't find that laughable is beyond me. Both sides are at fault. I don't give a damn, I want my hockey.
because the actual dollar value of the contract doesn't matter. the players as a whole will still get 57% of revenues. so it doesn't matter whether it's for $100 million or $1B, the point is moot. the salaries are reduced to match 57% of revenues regardless of what contracts they have signed.

The owners are crying poor because they pay 57% (!!) of REVENUES to the players. 43% is left for everything else, that makes no sense. I only fault the owners for being stupid enough to give out 57% in the first place.

pantherbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 11:59 PM
Holy Jokinen

Sucks to hear about the layoffs today. Just another reason to hope for a quick resolution...

Quick question... if a new agreement is reached, say in November, does the NHL still go through a preseason? Or do they jump right into the season? Any ideas?

Holy Jokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 01:12 AM
nhlfan9191

I really hope the RFA age goes back to 30 in the new CBA. I feel we have a legit chance at a cup if it does. It would be nice not worry about our great young group running for free agency in the future.

nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 05:48 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
The Panthers have already sent out to their season ticket holders what they are calling a "Protection Plan" in case games are cancelled and not rescheduled. They gave us 3 options:

Option 1: 10% "Loyalty" credit for letting the team keep your money. So for each game not rescheduled you get 10% credited to your account based on what you paid for each seat (miss 3 games, paid $50/seat with 2 seats that works out to be $50*3=$150*2=$300*10%= $30 in your account)

Option 2: 5% "Loyalty" credit for letting the team keep your money. Same as the above except its only 5% and you get a check when the season starts for that credit amount

Option 3: Receive a full refund for all games not rescheduled so the team cannot keep your money.

Just a few things I noticed:

Taking option 3 and if we lose a whole season, it says they will give you the option to renew for the following season at "market price" which is obviously going to be higher than what many of us paid.

Also it says that the credit can only be applied towards playoff tickets and tickets for the following yr. Not applicable towards food, beverage, retail, parking, etc.

You have to pick one option by October 1st which seems stupid since we already know the lockout will go beyond that and the first home game for the Panthers isnt until Oct 13th. If people are interested in reading more, they have a page setup on their website for info and making a selection:

http://www.floridapanthers.com/panthersprotectionplan

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 07:39 AM
jol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booootthh View Post
Starting to hit our team now. Feel sorry for those people, laid off at a time when the economy is just miserable.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=405570
Stanley C. Panther was one of those who were laid off.

"The man who served as Florida’s fuzzy mascot Stanley C. Panther was one of about a dozen laid off by the organization, sources told The Miami Herald."

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/09/1...#storylink=cpy

JOL

jol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 10:16 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
I really hope the RFA age goes back to 30 in the new CBA. I feel we have a legit chance at a cup if it does. It would be nice not worry about our great young group running for free agency in the future.
That would be great, but I dont there is any way that the players accept that. A team option for a year or two, with an automatic % increase in salary would work for me, but I still dont see the players budging from something like that.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 11:14 AM
snipes007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
The Panthers have already sent out to their season ticket holders what they are calling a "Protection Plan" in case games are cancelled and not rescheduled. They gave us 3 options:

Option 1: 10% "Loyalty" credit for letting the team keep your money. So for each game not rescheduled you get 10% credited to your account based on what you paid for each seat (miss 3 games, paid $50/seat with 2 seats that works out to be $50*3=$150*2=$300*10%= $30 in your account)

Option 2: 5% "Loyalty" credit for letting the team keep your money. Same as the above except its only 5% and you get a check when the season starts for that credit amount

Option 3: Receive a full refund for all games not rescheduled so the team cannot keep your money.

Just a few things I noticed:

Taking option 3 and if we lose a whole season, it says they will give you the option to renew for the following season at "market price" which is obviously going to be higher than what many of us paid.

Also it says that the credit can only be applied towards playoff tickets and tickets for the following yr. Not applicable towards food, beverage, retail, parking, etc.

You have to pick one option by October 1st which seems stupid since we already know the lockout will go beyond that and the first home game for the Panthers isnt until Oct 13th. If people are interested in reading more, they have a page setup on their website for info and making a selection:

http://www.floridapanthers.com/panthersprotectionplan
I wonder if they will provide an option for an outright refund of all tickets. My wife was less than happy about the possibility of missing out part of the season. I am all for supporting the team, but both players and owners need to understand that there are consequences to their actions.

snipes007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 12:26 PM
Pantherfan12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jol View Post
Stanley C. Panther was one of those who were laid off.

"The man who served as Florida’s fuzzy mascot Stanley C. Panther was one of about a dozen laid off by the organization, sources told The Miami Herald."

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/09/1...#storylink=cpy

JOL
That is horrible. Although I am sure once the season does start,they will most likely want to re-hire him (if he wants to come back of coarse). I am also not 100% certain, but one would have to imagine that the people being laid off would be able to get their jobs back once this ridiculous lockout ends. I mean the arena does need to be run, and we certainly NEED Stanley C. so why wouldn't the organization try to right the wrong?

Pantherfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 08:01 AM
jol

CBA talks continue today, but they are about secondary issues, travel, pensions etc. I have always wondered why do players share rooms when traveling (i think senior players get their own rooms). If i go for business trip, i don't share room with my fellow workers, maybe it would be better for company spirits, synergy etc.

Rest of preseason games were cancelled.

JOL

Old
09-28-2012, 04:32 PM
Boooooth10

Quote:
CBA talks continue today, but they are about secondary issues, travel, pensions etc. I have always wondered why do players share rooms when traveling (i think senior players get their own rooms). If i go for business trip, i don't share room with my fellow workers, maybe it would be better for company spirits, synergy etc.

Rest of preseason games were cancelled.

JOL

Do you go on business trips with like 40 other people?

Boooooth10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2012, 05:33 PM
jol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
Do you go on business trips with like 40 other people?
It has happened, maybe not so many people and not so often, everybody getting their own rooms.
But let's analyze this, team has 40 people, 23 players, coaching staff, trainers, GMs (17). 17 of them gets their own rooms, i don't think Tallon shares a room with Santos, half of the players are veterans, they get their own rooms, so it leaves maybe 12 people who has to share a room. I think it's more like initiation rite than anything else, who can control TV remote controller.
But if they want to continue like this, no problem.

JOL

Old
09-30-2012, 03:42 AM
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!

vCash: 120
Quote:
It has happened, maybe not so many people and not so often, everybody getting their own rooms.
But let's analyze this, team has 40 people, 23 players, coaching staff, trainers, GMs (17). 17 of them gets their own rooms, i don't think Tallon shares a room with Santos, half of the players are veterans, they get their own rooms, so it leaves maybe 12 people who has to share a room. I think it's more like initiation rite than anything else, who can control TV remote controller.
But if they want to continue like this, no problem.

JOL
Lol, it's not an initiation rite, it makes a lot of sense on many levels for players to share rooms.
Search "hotel rooms" in HF and there is actually some solid info on the topic in a thread.

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2012, 08:30 AM
jol

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
Lol, it's not an initiation rite, it makes a lot of sense on many levels for players to share rooms.
Search "hotel rooms" in HF and there is actually some solid info on the topic in a thread.
Thanks, I did, interesting stuff, although it doesn't make any sense, veterans getting their own rooms etc.

Anyways, no progress in CBA talks.

JOL

Old
10-03-2012, 06:20 AM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

vCash: 50
Wonderful job ... After days with several meetings there was no progress made and no further negotiations are scheduled

Boothinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2012, 11:54 AM
billysbreakdown

vCash: 235
looks like a full year lock out?

billysbreakdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 12:18 AM
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!

vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Panther View Post
looks like a full year lock out?
The NHL is waiting for the NHLPA to make the next move, but I think the NHL should just go ahead and put a 50/50 split on the table for revenue sharing.

It will get talks rolling and the NHLPA will look bad if they don't seriously consider it.

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 07:27 AM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
Once things start looking up for us -- this happens. We have this awesome young stud in Huberdeau ready to make the NHL, a new year for Gudbranson, a revamped Mueller joining the squad.. I was so stoked for this season. Then this crap happens. This makes me so aggravated

I May Be Wrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 09:53 AM
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

Quote:
Once things start looking up for us -- this happens. We have this awesome young stud in Huberdeau ready to make the NHL, a new year for Gudbranson, a revamped Mueller joining the squad.. I was so stoked for this season. Then this crap happens. This makes me so aggravated
Gudbranson is out for 4 months, versteg is out for 2, huberdeau and the youngsters could use as much time to develop as minors as we can give them. This lockout is perhaps the best timing for this organization should hockey be played this season.

I'd rather watch the panthers at 100% health for 41 games and have a shot at the playoffs then watching them play next week and get destroyed the first couple months of the season.

PanthersHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 12:05 PM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 View Post
Gudbranson is out for 4 months, versteg is out for 2, huberdeau and the youngsters could use as much time to develop as minors as we can give them. This lockout is perhaps the best timing for this organization should hockey be played this season.

I'd rather watch the panthers at 100% health for 41 games and have a shot at the playoffs then watching them play next week and get destroyed the first couple months of the season.
That's not really the point I was getting at. I was pretty much saying it's the biggest buzzkill ever.

I May Be Wrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 01:02 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

I agree with both of those points above. There's nothing better than looking forward to a new season this time of year and the news yesterday was not fun to read. Especially with a team on the rise when things are looking so bright. However, yeah I would rather wait at this point and see the team when they're all in great shape start the season rather than some of our key players out. If we have a better shot at making the playoffs by starting the season in December or January rather than now, part of me would rather do that. Although, the waiting for something to happen with these negotiations really sucks. I guess I just really want to know when the season will actually be starting more than anything.

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 02:16 PM
Howboutthempanthers
No Bandwagon Allowed

Quote:
I agree with this. You took the words right out of my mouth.

Howboutthempanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 02:22 PM
Howboutthempanthers
No Bandwagon Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 View Post

This is a good point too, but if we struggle early it might lead to a higher draft pick.

Last edited by Howboutthempanthers: 10-05-2012 at 02:30 PM.
Howboutthempanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 02:39 PM
jol

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
Heh, was reading some newspaper and this is actually one of minor topics, not sure if they have had any progress there either.

JOL

Old
10-05-2012, 03:44 PM
Pantherfan12

The ONLY good thing about the lockout is.

Bergenheim is injuried
Gudbranson is recovering from surgery
Versteeg is also recovering from his surgery.

At least it gives our guys some time to heal (assuming no one else gets injuried while playing overseas)

Pantherfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote